AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 52 46.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 36.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 13.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-03, 10:18   Link #41
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-02-03, 10:28   Link #42
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
edit : might be going a bit too far. but isnt the sweater aiko bought the same as the one hiromi wears
It's quite the same, but do you remember when she bought it? In episode 4, when Shin and Aiko went shopping, Aiko asked a suggestion to which one she should choose. Shin took that one and she replied "one that plain?!" and then Shin "nevermind". But then, as Shin went a moment to the restroom, she bought it.

Spoiler for Image Sequence:

Back then I thought that Shin picked that one remembering how similar it was to the sweater Hiromi usually wears. That's why I say that every second in this series is meaningful.
Old 2008-02-03, 10:30   Link #43
nanaman
Musician guy

This episode was... amazing. Simply amazing. I can't remember the last time I saw something well made like this, if I've ever seen something this well made. The character interactions were excellent in this episode, the feelings of the characters were well conveyed through their acts and expressions. Shin's expressions are always spot on in how he's feeling, and the VA is doing a great job in showing it too, well it could said about most of the characters. It was a stroke of genius that they took that particular scene in Hiromi's room in her own perspective just after Shin's perspective, a stroke of genius I'd say! I'm soooooooo thrilled to see what happens in the next episode, considering how Aiko told Shin not to open the door. Oh, the drama XD

If I could I would have given this a rating of 11/10 you should have added that to the poll too ._.
Old 2008-02-03, 10:56   Link #44
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
It's quite the same, but do you remember when she bought it? In episode 4, when Shin and Aiko went shopping, Aiko asked a suggestion to which one she should choose. Shin took that one and she replied "one that plain?!" and then Shin "nevermind". But then, as Shin went a moment to the restroom, she bought it.

Spoiler for Image Sequence:

Back then I thought that Shin picked that one remembering how similar it was to the sweater Hiromi usually wears. That's why I say that every second in this series is meaningful.
that s what i was thinking too and that why i mentioned the sweater thing when i had that growing feeling in eps5 but it s still far fetched imo but those are the little detail i appreciated in this show.
Old 2008-02-03, 11:32   Link #45
Ifurita
Demon God

Possibilities....

Spoiler:

Episode 6 is still too early to start wrecking everyone's relationship... unless we're headed towards a Nice Boat ending. Now that was a mess early on and ended up even worse.
Old 2008-02-03, 12:06   Link #46
nanaman
Musician guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifurita View Post
Episode 6 is still too early to start wrecking everyone's relationship... unless we're headed towards a Nice Boat ending. Now that was a mess early on and ended up even worse.
Ever since I saw the School Days ending nothing seems like an impossibility any longer. Maybe we're in for a "Nice Sweater" ending this time

Ok sorry, that was tasteless ._.
Old 2008-02-03, 12:57   Link #47
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I bet 100 bucks that Shinichiro will end up with Hiromi...

I don't want to see another Shuffle! like ending here,where the main guy whom i think should ended up with the girl from his past (Kaede) ended up together with Asa.But looking at how Shin was concerned with Hiromi from the start until now,i can roughly guess that Hiromi won't meet the fate as Kaede did.

At least that's what i think about this series after comparing the storyline with other series of the same genre.If there's any girl who could actually beat Hiromi and get Shin's love in my opinion,that would be Noe herself.But seeing how her attitude that look kinda childish and cheerful,that treated Shinichiro as her toy,its really hard to tell whether she really can be Hiromi's love rival or not.

Aiko on the other hand is more like filling up the twisting/heat part in the storyline.She did had feelings for Shinichiro,but Shin doesn't really look at her that much,at least not like Nobuse who treated Aiko like an angel.Aiko in True Tears is no different than other girls in other school romance series,whose role is to get closer to the one that they love so much,although that person doesn't really have feelings for her,or treated her as a friend only.And there's so much girl like Aiko in other series actually,that always failed to deliver their feelings to the one that they loved,and even if they did manage to do that,at most they always finding themselves trapped in a twist.

Hiromi on the other hand,is same like those other typical girl from other series of the same genre too,that have a past connection with the main guy until now,and at the same time may/may not have feelings for the main guy.But from episode 5,its pretty clear that she did had feelings for Shinichiro,so the only thing that matters for now is,what did Shinichiro think of her?This is more like Kanon if you ask me,in which the main guy had a past connection with 2 of the main girls (Nayuki and Ayu),and both girls also did had feelings for the main guy...but what actually matters is,the main guy's view and his feeling towards both girls.

Ah sorry for comparing True Tears with other anime series...but i think that's how the series goes actually.All the 3 girls do harbor feelings for Shinichiro,but what actually matters is who Shinichiro actually love.And if we sum up all the current story until now,most likely its Hiromi that he had eyes on.

There're still 8 episodes to go anyway.So there's nothing much we can say up until now.So i will leave this thread a while until the next episode come.
Old 2008-02-03, 14:31   Link #48
cloudninja

Spoiler for thoughts on selected parts of episode 5:
Old 2008-02-03, 14:50   Link #49
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't give many 10s, but if there had been an "11"...

I can't recall another series that was able to express so much without dialogue. I mentioned earlier that I felt a great emotional lava flow just under the surface even when seemingly mundane things were happening, and that's increasing. Great lead, and three compelling love interests duking it out. I'm a Hiromi partisan, but, most unusually, I'm liking all of the contenders almost equally.

Well written, great character design, great BM, beautiful animation - what's not to adore, here?

Anyone else find the bedroom scene quite ironic given the recent release of "Tokyo Marble Chocolate"?

Last edited by monir; 2008-02-03 at 16:08. Reason: Double posts merged. Please use the "edit" but instead of consecutive posting in a short period of time!
Old 2008-02-03, 15:16   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I bet 100 bucks that Shinichiro will end up with Hiromi...

Ah sorry for comparing True Tears with other anime series...but i think that's how the series goes actually.All the 3 girls do harbor feelings for Shinichiro,but what actually matters is who Shinichiro actually love.And if we sum up all the current story until now,most likely its Hiromi that he had eyes on.

There're still 8 episodes to go anyway.So there's nothing much we can say up until now.So i will leave this thread a while until the next episode come.
And I'll bet 100 bucks in favor of hiromi!

Likewise she just seems like the first and last choice shin will make by the end of the series. But what is interesting is seeing him get to that stage after a series of trials with the other girls. Noe will probably be just friends with him after he sorts out her problems whereas aiko may give up on him and go for nobu (though that is not the best option I would like seen as I don't like nobu -___-).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-03, 15:53   Link #51
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Just done watching episode 5 of True Tears

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2008-02-04 at 01:02.
Old 2008-02-03, 16:10   Link #52
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
guardian enzo, in someway his the good boy attitude you describe remids me of takayuki from KGNE, let s just hope he wont turnout like him.
Old 2008-02-03, 16:14   Link #53
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler:
lol... Hilarious!
Old 2008-02-03, 16:21   Link #54
UPR

Quote:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
lol... Hilarious!
Yes it hilarious. But at the same time so very TRUE.
Old 2008-02-03, 16:25   Link #55
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler:
Damn funny... and true.
Shin is the new good boy character.
* +1 cookie
Old 2008-02-03, 17:36   Link #56
golthin

Quote:
Spoiler:
Best post of the day for me, I loved this " Stop him before he helps again". I agree 100%,
we can see a prime example of someone suffering because he helped.
Old 2008-02-03, 18:09   Link #57
nanaman
Musician guy

Haha great post Guardian Enzo So true.

Spoiler:

Ahhh, this show is so good because of the big mess everyone's seems to be a part of, almost no character feels left out and unnecessary. This show is becoming a good contender for being on the top of my favourite anime shows ever, and I guess there are many people who feel the same, right?
Old 2008-02-03, 18:14   Link #58
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I like all the girls in this series a lot, and that is very unusual for me in this sort of genre. The only nit pick I have with this series is that it seems so obvious that Shinchiro is going to end up with Hiromi. I hate predictability in series like these, a failure of Clannad and Kanon 2006 in my opinion, but I still have hope that True Tears can prove me wrong. Somehow every episode is wonderful. The character interactions are done so wonderfully it's sick, nothing seems forced either. The ending of this episode was indeed great, can't wait for episode 6.

My Current ratings for the girls are all at 85% Hiromi, 90% Noe, and 90% Aiko. I really don't want Hiromi to win, although she's a great character.

9/10 for this episode, I am so close to giving a 10 every time and perhaps that will happen soon.
Old 2008-02-03, 18:28   Link #59
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
From my experiences, when it comes to being "good", you are looking for trouble. *points to H2O*

Bravo Guardian Enzo

I am seeing shin in a new light

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-03, 18:38   Link #60
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
From my experiences, when it comes to being "good", you are looking for trouble. *points to H2O*

Bravo Guardian Enzo

I am seeing shin in a new light
Guardian Enzo hit the nail, he basically summarized brilliantly everything we knew about Shin, but we never bothered to try to explain. Remember that nice guys always end last. In Japan as well as in most places a girl calling a boy "nice guy" is basically death. In this case Shin is lucky to have 3 girls interested on him.
Closed Thread