AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 05:07   Link #39161
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Well, that's actually quite believable when we talk about golem 1, it's defense is not so much thin as it's NONEXISTENT. Do have to remember though, it DOES have exceptionally tough internal frame, especially on the arm portion.

Also do remember that damaging core is not easy, even with I.S.-class weapon, as I said before, that's really some beam saber Minerva have.

Though your explanation also may explain why Dragon Cannon can't do jack, normal pressure/shockwave just didn't work
The internal frame the Golem I has, especially in Athena-verse, is mostly made up of an extremely dense of weaved fiber which is why anything short of a pointed end isn't going to do much. Let alone a Shock Cannon firing compressed air.

As for the damaged core, it wasn't that much of a damage per se. Though it did got severed from the other vital parts that required power from it.

As for the beam saber, yeah. It is one of a kind, for a non-IS unit. Though you can say the reason the saber managed to reach deep enough to cut off vital connections from its core is because the internal frame don't hold out well against particle beams.
Old 2013-01-05, 05:22   Link #39162
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

For High mobility Uchigane... I always thought the metal skirt is useless for anything than dead weight... which also stabilize the unit, made it easy to control.
Old 2013-01-05, 05:31   Link #39163
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The best I can think of is a micro thruster array but even then I have no idea what it should look like. Replacing the skirts to look like rockets? The Nishiki replaced the shoulder guards for GN drive thrusters

What is the plausibility of using hyper oscillation as a power source?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-01-05 at 05:57.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 06:13   Link #39164
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno, you mean harnessing naturally occurring oscillation or something like that?

Possible, but the tech base requirement is very high to give meaningful result.
Old 2013-01-05, 06:15   Link #39165
demino_hellsin
That one guy

IS level tech ofcourse lol

Kind of inspired from MGS:Revengeance. The scabbard is an energy rifle with a capacitor. It draws energy from the sword which is made of a metal that naturally hyper oscillates(fictional metal!). There would als0o be other weapons but I'm still fixing concept.

The weapon is not impressive by standards relative to the other IS, but it gives a sort of unique identity I guess.
Old 2013-01-05, 06:17   Link #39166
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I agree that's quite makes sense.

I.S. are quite schizo tech in that they still use relatively mundane rocket and cold vernier, and possibly ramjet and turbines. All are combustion type.

It's a plot point when Ichika 'invent' a new type of fuel/explosive by accident (he won a nobel prize for that though), it's a very much inert liquid metal that only combustible in super-excited vapor state... you need to inject a LOT of electricity to do that, but the resulting energy release is fairly insane and worth it.
Old 2013-01-05, 07:28   Link #39167
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Newer weapons would revolve around this sword. For example, a bow with a charged particle filled arrow head. The charged particles are derived from the energy produced by the oscillating blade. The bow serves a secondary and tertiary function as a double blade as well as a sort of remote to guide the arrow's flight path.
Old 2013-01-05, 09:25   Link #39168
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Finally done re-writing Chap 1, guess I'll just upload this one for now.
Old 2013-01-05, 10:26   Link #39169
Eratas123

Bored........
Old 2013-01-05, 18:00   Link #39170
DarkJak2050

Alright...

Project Silverback Epilogue 1

With that, the first story arc's done.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 20:26   Link #39171
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Published my story under the name "Athena". Under Box's suggestion of having all arcs put into one story, I guess it isn't such a bad idea. :P
Old 2013-01-05, 20:29   Link #39172
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Congratulations both of you
Old 2013-01-05, 21:08   Link #39173
demino_hellsin
That one guy

would this sound too cutesy for cake eater?
Old 2013-01-05, 21:11   Link #39174
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Published my story under the name "Athena". Under Box's suggestion of having all arcs put into one story, I guess it isn't such a bad idea. :P
I left a little something for you on Fanfic.net.
Old 2013-01-05, 21:32   Link #39175
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

"256 Microprocessor cores running simultaneously at 16 GHz each, 64 x 2 TB Miniature RAM, 128 Petabytes Solid-State 'Black hole' quantum storage, MHD-operated Airvent system, 1.21 Gigawatt Cold Baryon Decay Reactor, no time travel included... for now"
- Ichika on I.S. core.
Old 2013-01-05, 22:42   Link #39176
DarkJak2050

Here's another one in the archive.

IS Infinite Stratos Soar to Infinity
Old 2013-01-05, 23:43   Link #39177
Eratas123

@ Demi - Not for Tabane.

@ Senpai - FOr the next chapter of synchronicity: How long would a trip on foot be from the countryside to the main city?
Old 2013-01-06, 01:21   Link #39178
DarkJak2050

Got a crossover.

Freezing White Night (Crossover with Freezing)
Old 2013-01-06, 03:51   Link #39179
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well today's unusually quiet...

Question for Madoka, she's hell-bent only in killing Ichika, yes? Would that mean that his presence would distract her if she was on another mission? By presence I mean he's actually there, not those dummy-balloon kind of things.
Old 2013-01-06, 04:08   Link #39180
Eratas123

She cares about Chifuyu more.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest