AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 11:12   Link #61
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
You guys hear about the dreamcast 2........?
i think this nintendo dreamcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
The N6 would be 8th gen. If it offers higher frame rate, better IQ and HUD free experience, provided that the screen rumour is true, i can see devoted gamers jumping ship. You see ps3, 360 and wii prices dropping like flies these days, which kind of signals that this gen is already dead. The N6 only needs to become the lead platform for multiplatform games to stay on the ball. The only way for this to happen is create a platform that allows devs to port their engines easily, meaning hardware with OpenGL support would be beneficial. This will allow devs to use the N6 as step to upgrade their engines until the other 8th gens arrive, and then the whole process repeats itself, only this time it is the other way around.

Remember it is actually MS and sony who are delaying the 8th gen, so technically you can say that MS/Sony's next consoles would be 9th gen and the N7 a 10th gen system, aso.

lol so you saying nintendo is only console in 8th gen. if that your analogy. i think 7.5 is more fitting to wii 2 (in technical sense wii is 6.5 gen)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 11:28   Link #62
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Whatever consoles those guys make, the two most important things are backward compatibility and reliability. That is what made the PS2 sell like hotcakes (and given so much attention by hardware and console hackers, of course). Backward compatibility is important because consoles are not upgradable and cannot run high-end game engines like computers, and developers have to make do with older builds and editions.

If it can't play the first Wii games, I think it shouldn't be worth buying. Besides, I wonder what Compile Heart is going to personify her as once it is released.......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 11:44   Link #63
The Master
*Author

I hope it stays backwards compatible with the Gamecube too!!
Old 2011-04-22, 12:06   Link #64
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Nintendo is going back to Cartreges! XD!!...... i cant spell at the momment, but you know what i'm tryin to say.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:11   Link #65
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Nintendo is going back to Cartreges! XD!!...... i cant spell at the momment, but you know what i'm tryin to say.
I know what you are trying to say too, but as we all know if you can fit a game in a cartridge, you can get them easier as an online download item in the Nintendo store.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:13   Link #66
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It. Woould have made a good april fools XD
Old 2011-04-22, 16:34   Link #67
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

People talking about the next Playstation and Next XBox looking "significantly better" than the N6 should consider the idea of diminishing returns and how it applies to consoles.

The jist of that concept is that with each new console generation, the gap in the graphical differences is less and less. So, the gap between the 16 bit gen and the 32 bit gen is bigger than the gap between the 32 bit gen and the gen with PS2, GCN, and XBox. That gen had a bigger graphical gap between it and the current gen than the current gen will have with the next gen.

As I saw someone put it, games nowadays are objectively good looking. So, if the N6 can run good looking games better than the average XBox 360 game (at 60 FPS and in 1080p), just how much better looking can the next Playstation and XBox systems look? They will be more powerful, but the graphical leap won't be that big, and 1080p will be the HD standard for years to come. If N6 games, PS 4 games, and XBox 720 games all look comparable and all can run at 60 FPS and at 1080p, most consumers aren't going to really care about the differences in the graphics which shouldn't really be all that much, if not rather small compared to previous graphical leaps of past gens.
Old 2011-04-22, 18:56   Link #68
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well let me repeat the most important question.

will wii 2 powerful enough to play ps4/720 multiplatfrom game or not?

if it is, wii 2 will be 8th generation. if its not practically it still stuck at 7th generation and nintendo just waste money

having simply 1080 and 60FPS is not enough because they technically a game that already do that in this generation (GT5)

Old 2011-04-22, 20:21   Link #69
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

if it is, wii 2 will be 8th generation. if its not practically it still stuck at 7th generation and nintendo just waste money

having simply 1080 and 60FPS is not enough because they technically a game that already do that in this generation (GT5)

Too early to tell, but if Nintendo's risk works and this ends up being another PS2 (gets a lead and builds a big user base before the competition launches their new hardware, and gets lots of 3rd party support), the case may be that, generally, third parites make games with N6 hardware in mind and then porting to the competing systems. That would be quite likely, too, if the power difference isn't too big between N6 and the competing systems. Look at how many games were made with PS2 in mind and then ported to XBox. It is too hard to tell at this point, however. Way too early to tell.

Also, will both Sony and MS want to have cutting edge technology from the get go with their systems, or make profits from day one like the Wii? Also, if this Nintendo system launches at the end of 2011 or early 2012, that may force Sony's and MS's hands and they may have to push for new systems sooner than later.

Nintendo is taking some risks, but if the risks work in their favor, it'll really give them an advantage in the next gen.

Also, this will probably not end up like the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast had many things going against it, including a lot of Sega fans giving up on the company after several bad mistakes (the pricey add-ons that weren't worth it [Sega CD and 32X], the Sega Saturn).
Old 2011-04-22, 21:08   Link #70
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Now we have another question. Will dev bother to port wii 2 game on ps4/720. If the differece is huge. They dont even bother. Which we going back to original question

Old 2011-04-22, 21:18   Link #71
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Now we have another question. Will dev bother to port wii 2 game on ps4/720. If the differece is huge. They dont even bother. Which we going back to original question
Re-read my post about diminishing returns. A lot of people discussing the N6 on the net have brought up the PS4 and XBox 720 and many of those people have acknowledged this matter of diminishing returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
People talking about the next Playstation and Next XBox looking "significantly better" than the N6 should consider the idea of diminishing returns and how it applies to consoles.

The jist of that concept is that with each new console generation, the gap in the graphical differences is less and less. So, the gap between the 16 bit gen and the 32 bit gen is bigger than the gap between the 32 bit gen and the gen with PS2, GCN, and XBox. That gen had a bigger graphical gap between it and the current gen than the current gen will have with the next gen.

As I saw someone put it, games nowadays are objectively good looking. So, if the N6 can run good looking games better than the average XBox 360 game (at 60 FPS and in 1080p), just how much better looking can the next Playstation and XBox systems look? They will be more powerful, but the graphical leap won't be that big, and 1080p will be the HD standard for years to come. If N6 games, PS 4 games, and XBox 720 games all look comparable and all can run at 60 FPS and at 1080p, most consumers aren't going to really care about the differences in the graphics which shouldn't really be all that much, if not rather small compared to previous graphical leaps of past gens.

The difference between N6 and PS4 and XBox 720 might be like the difference between PS2 and XBox; not big enough to be a show stopper, as compared to, let's say, the difference between the original Playstation and the Sega Dreamcast. These are just guesses on my part, but you get the point.
Old 2011-04-23, 00:52   Link #72
Makender
Varsity Slacker

Anyone else thinking that with the screen at the rumor 6" the controller will be incredibly unwieldy? As I imagine it that thing could be an elongated beast. :/

Last edited by Makender; 2011-04-23 at 05:37.
Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 04:13   Link #73
Sides

Quote:

No one knows until it is revealed. For what is worth if the N6 will run current Ps360 games at 1080p and 60fps, it probably will be able to run MSony next console games with same complexity at 720p with 60 or 30fps, really depends on how much processing power AI and physics will take up. Question is how scalable third party engines will be, and that depends largely on the components used by all three systems. Seeing how many devs where struggling with money this gen moving to HD, i reckon most of them will be more cautious next gen, and try to use current tools as long as possible.

But gt5 1080p 60fps? That is what sony wants us to believe. GT5 actually uses several different resolution. In game at 1080p it is actually 1280x1080, whereas in the showroom its 1920x1080. The only retail game on the ps3 running at real 1080p and 60fps is Ridge Racer 7. Complex games like GT5 won't be able to run at true 1080p with 60fps, but game like RR7 can, which kind of show where the limits are with current consoles.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 06:04   Link #74
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

The touchscreen on the controller is either a fake or a very bad idea. And since Nintendo is not known for bad ideas, this whole leak is fake. If we had to shift our eyes back and forth from TV to controller in any regular fashion, this would ruin the immersion completely and put enormous strain on our eyes. Both are show stopping issues.
Old 2011-04-23, 11:18   Link #75
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

But gt5 1080p 60fps? That is what sony wants us to believe. GT5 actually uses several different resolution. In game at 1080p it is actually 1280x1080, whereas in the showroom its 1920x1080. The only retail game on the ps3 running at real 1080p and 60fps is Ridge Racer 7. Complex games like GT5 won't be able to run at true 1080p with 60fps, but game like RR7 can, which kind of show where the limits are with current consoles.
well GT5 is not really prefect 1080p. only thing that closer to 1080p 60fps is wipeout HD which also have small flaw

however obviously N6 will be stronger than 6 years old technology. however is 1080p and 6fps is enough for customer to change? most of them barely recognize 1080p-720p

Old 2011-04-23, 11:45   Link #76
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

The more details are 'leaked', the more this sounds like an elaborate joke/hoax.
Old 2011-04-23, 14:44   Link #77
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
The more details are 'leaked', the more this sounds like an elaborate joke/hoax.
Are you saying some of it sounds too good to be true?
Old 2011-04-24, 12:10   Link #78
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Today or tomorrow, Nintendo will have their usual conference.
Definitely looking forward to it. Wonder if they will have any information on this successor...

More interested in how the 3DS is doing though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 02:39   Link #79
Sides

Apparently launch date is somewhere between e3 2011 and before end of march 2012. If that is the case i hope that the hardware is properly beefed and uses advanced technology, or else it would look really dated compared to the other 8th gens.
It would be funny if they use the cream bunny as console logo for the N6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Eh? I've just seen updated reports say it was just dated for 2012, a month wasn't given yet. It is however going to be playable at E3.
Good point, fixed now.

Last edited by Sides; 2011-04-25 at 04:10.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 03:40   Link #80
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Apparently launch date is june 2012. If that is the case i hope that the hardware is properly beefed and uses advanced technology, or else it would look really dated compared to the other 8th gens.
It would be funny if they use the cream bunny as console logo for the N6.
Eh? I've just seen updated reports say it was just dated for 2012, a month wasn't given yet. It is however going to be playable at E3.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo