AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-08-22, 19:38   Link #2841
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Pryor goes in the supplemental draft to the Oakland Raiders. Third round.
Speaking of Raiders

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...ry-report-says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRfpw...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIxtx...eature=related
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 21:03   Link #2842
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Of COURSE Da Raiders would take him.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 02:48   Link #2843
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Honestly, this is the last team Pryor needed to go to. He needed to be drafted to a team with some stability to succeed. The Raiders are anything but that.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 16:34   Link #2844
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Honestly, this is the last team Pryor needed to go to. He needed to be drafted to a team with some stability to succeed. The Raiders are anything but that.
Well a shot is better than nothing. If he's smart, he'll stay focused and try his best to make something out of this opportunity.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 04:12   Link #2845
Alchemist007
*Author

I can't believe how decent the Redskins are looking. Might actually have a working team this year.
Old 2011-08-24, 10:13   Link #2846
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I can't believe how decent the Redskins are looking. Might actually have a working team this year.
Didn't they look similar last year, before nose-diving from week 8 onward?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 00:46   Link #2847
solomon

Hey, I am glad we look good in preseason. But we will see.

Man anyone hear about the Tim Tebow-Dolphins love in?

Everyone in SoFla sports radio is destroying it.

Originally I was like, DAMN them Canes is whiny. But then I realized. Most of the Gator team WON'T be there. And this is just a slapdash thing to sell tickets, not really honoring the Gators.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 11:56   Link #2848
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

How the hell does San Francisco make a stuff-up like that?!
Old 2011-08-30, 23:10   Link #2849
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

How the hell does San Francisco make a stuff-up like that?!
Doesn't matter. He's a non-factor until the quarterback and especially offensive line get fixed. As a fan I could care less.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 17:18   Link #2850
Highman

Forgot to mismanaged my clock for another big season of College Football, this one should be the best one yet by far enough. Today we start off for some so-so games leading up to the Saturday Blockbuster Wk One Action:

Tonight we'll have a lot action so let get this thang started

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule
Old 2011-09-01, 18:08   Link #2851
solomon

So so, are you kidding? These opening games SUCK.

I'll watch every UVA game but they open with 1-AA William and Mary on Saturday.

The only real blockbusters start on Saturday.
Old 2011-09-01, 20:24   Link #2852
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Thank the Football Gods that Russell Wilson doesn't play for NC State anymore.
Old 2011-09-03, 17:09   Link #2853
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Michigan's defense is clearly a couple recruiting classes away from being what they once were, but man... the points and turnovers they're generating on defense, as well as the sacks they're racking up sure is a sight for sore eyes.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 21:51   Link #2854
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Michigan's defense is clearly a couple recruiting classes away from being what they once were, but man... the points and turnovers they're generating on defense, as well as the sacks they're racking up sure is a sight for sore eyes.
That's what happens when you bring a real Michigan man to rebuild the heart & soul of the Wolverines.

Buckeye's played tremendously against the Zips shutting them down hard. This season is going to be special for NCAA
Old 2011-09-03, 22:37   Link #2855
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Eh, I'm not ready to crown Hoke just yet. In fact, I still feel like Rich Rodriguez wasn't given a fair shot. He should have had one more season at least. Still, I fully support Hoke and I do in fact hope he's the man to turn Michigan around.
Old 2011-09-04, 00:36   Link #2856
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Two things Notre Dame has to do:
1) Put names on the back of the jerseys! For the love of God you're in 2011 and NOBODY knows who your players are and that's why no one really cares, and that's why young ballers in the inner-city will always pick another bigtime school over ND because young ballers with skills want people to know their name unless they go to USC where it doesn't matter as much...

2) DO NOT join THE BIG EAST...

Moving on...

LSU crushes the Ducks 40-27....What the duck?

Les Miles (still a mindboggle as a coach) can put a scarecrow out there at QB and LSU will still win 10 games...I still for the most part hate our offense and feel like in the end our inability to throw the football with any kind of proficiency will cost us...If we just had an above average passing game I'd give us the Title right now, but IT WILL COST US...

Nevertheless there are 3 phases in football and if you win 2 outta 3 you always have a chance...And the Tigers have a ridiculous Defense and Special Teams' unit...The depth on D is redick!

Oregon can do that fast uptempo $hit with skinny QB's and WR's all they want, the SEC has seen this $hit done with better athletes (specifically at Florida)...If they wanna beat the SEC they better stop trying to out tempo us and start out scheming us...We figured that tempo $hit out...Learn a lesson from Boise State who can compete because of smart coaching...
Old 2011-09-04, 00:49   Link #2857
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Oregon can do that fast uptempo $hit with skinny QB's and WR's all they want, the SEC has seen this $hit done with better athletes (specifically at Florida)...If they wanna beat the SEC they better stop trying to out tempo us and start out scheming us...We figured that tempo $hit out...Learn a lesson from Boise State who can compete because of smart coaching...
Eh... you're going a little overboard there. Oregon runs the spread better than anyone in college football and their athletes can hang with the SECs best whether you want to believe it or not. Yeah, the score was lopsided tonight, but look how many points LSU got just off Oregon's freshman woes alone. Yeah, it's a part of the game, but that kid wouldn't have been returning kicks had it not been for both James AND Barner being out during that stint-- which turned out to be the most important part of the game. Oregon's issues aren't with their speed or athletes. In fact, they're probably the fastest team in the nation (even faster than any team in the SEC). Their problem is, is that they lack size on D. They have no beef on their interior D and their LBers are severely undersized. That shit may fly in the Pac-10, but if there's one thing I'll give credit to LSU is that they're not just a fast team with great athletes as well, but they have SIZE, physicality, and a mean streak. They're much more well rounded than Oregon in those departments, but you can't sell Oregon's speed short.

And as for Notre Dame...
Old 2011-09-04, 00:51   Link #2858
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Beating a dead horse but man, the death of the Big 12 may be more imminent than ever.
Old 2011-09-04, 00:53   Link #2859
Tetra Vaal
Banned

I think you mean the Big 12.
Old 2011-09-04, 01:30   Link #2860
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Two things Notre Dame has to do:
1) Put names on the back of the jerseys! For the love of God you're in 2011 and NOBODY knows who your players are and that's why no one really cares, and that's why young ballers in the inner-city will always pick another bigtime school over ND because young ballers with skills want people to know their name unless they go to USC where it doesn't matter as much...

2) DO NOT join THE BIG EAST...

Moving on...

LSU crushes the Ducks 40-27....What the duck?

Les Miles (still a mindboggle as a coach) can put a scarecrow out there at QB and LSU will still win 10 games...I still for the most part hate our offense and feel like in the end our inability to throw the football with any kind of proficiency will cost us...If we just had an above average passing game I'd give us the Title right now, but IT WILL COST US...

Nevertheless there are 3 phases in football and if you win 2 outta 3 you always have a chance...And the Tigers have a ridiculous Defense and Special Teams' unit...The depth on D is redick!

Brother you SEC homers are murder with the hyperbole.......(still good win for the Tigers though, won in the trenches)

Names schmames, Notre Dame will be fine as long as they win, the media is always giving them handies at the very least. Besides we all know people only care bout the quaterback, running back and wide reciever. There are some exceptions but listen. If you're so interested in the team just pay attention to the play by play guys or better yet memorize the important guys before hand (like people complaining about having to get up to turn off a friggin TV)

Anyways, fun opening weekend (even more fun cause Virginia won, YAY!). Overall good weekend for the ACC (Wake and Duke aside)

As for the Big XII....whatever. The interesting thing is what will happen to Texas's beloved longhorn network. That's a real monkey in the tv contract wrench (IF they are indeed going West).

Upcoming classes are going to SERIOUSLY eat into my game time but I will definetly be watching the Georgia-Carolina tussle.

Tags
american football, sports