AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 17:25   Link #21
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
Hate to say it, but I enjoy Naruto using his Sage powers more than him using the Kyuubi shroud.
^This

Kyuubi mode is so...dull and repetitive now...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 18:09   Link #22
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
why the hell didn't Pain/Nagato do this to the kyubi instead of using Chibaku Tensei , after he just finished fighting a whole village , as he was running low on chakra . Tobi said this chapter that Nagato had this power too?
Maybe it has to do with the fact that the powers were seperated between bodies.
still, Tobi said that his own was stronger than Pains outer path, but that just means that Pain probably didn't have the chains
This is the power of the Outer Path, Deva couldn't do that, only Nagato himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinchuurikiMaster View Post
The sage trio?? I thought there were six of them. In chapter 510 when Madara kills Konan he states that hashirama senju is the first, himself is the second and nagato is the third sage of the six paths... so what/who are the other three paths?
Or are there only three sages, but six paths?? I have never truly understood that part... :S
Hashirama wasn't a Sage.
The first was the one who sealed the Juubi, then Madara and then Nagato.
Tobi may be the 4th or the 2nd depending of what or who he is.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:52   Link #23
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I'm really glad Kishi is focusing on the tailed beasts in this arc rather than the hosts, Because i think at this stage their characters would be boring.
Old 2012-01-12, 00:50   Link #24
ronin myael
lost ronin

hmmm... i have mixed emotions about this chapter. the flashbacks were a little too cheesy for my taste so i don't care much for them. but on the other hand, the kagebunshin overdose scene made me laugh and reminded me of how funny this series used to be. it's been a while since i last laughed while reading this series so it was a welcome change. that scene made me forget the tension and seriousness of the current plot and it actually made me enjoy reading it. i miss the days when kishi would incorporate bursts of humor into his fight scenes.
Old 2012-01-12, 00:53   Link #25
itachi-san314

great chapter! I'm surprised I didnt mind the recap at all. it was well timed and a nice reminiscence of just how far naruto has come. and it's really nice to see sage mode again after so long. I was never too fond of powers being all but forgotten after new ones were learned. kind of like how naruto beat pain with a good ole fashioned rasengan. its very refreshing to read. I'm also loving how kurama looks like naruto's pet now. still no sasuke though... I was kinda expecting an appearance by him after the break
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 03:50   Link #26
JinchuurikiMaster
Jinchuuriki Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
This is the power of the Outer Path, Deva couldn't do that, only Nagato himself.

Hashirama wasn't a Sage.
The first was the one who sealed the Juubi, then Madara and then Nagato.
Tobi may be the 4th or the 2nd depending of what or who he is.
Now I get it, I think... so the definiton of a sage is a person reowned for their wisdow or power. And both madara, nagato and sage of the six paths have the rinnegan... so a sage is a person who has obtained the rinnegan, and you obtain the rinnegan through either wisdom or power?
JinchuurikiMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 04:29   Link #27
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
Hate to say it, but I enjoy Naruto using his Sage powers more than him using the Kyuubi shroud.
I concur. The super saiyan thing is already taken. Naruto's thing is...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-12, 05:35   Link #28
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Now I get it, I think... so the definiton of a sage is a person reowned for their wisdow or power. And both madara, nagato and sage of the six paths have the rinnegan... so a sage is a person who has obtained the rinnegan, and you obtain the rinnegan through either wisdom or power?
There is Sages and sages. Here we're talking specifically about the Sages of the 6th Paths which has not much to do with wisdom and all to do with possessing the powers of the Uchiha and the Senju : full mastery of Yin & Yang chakra, or Onmyoton.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 06:11   Link #29
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
^This

Kyuubi mode is so...dull and repetitive now...
I agree, I still think Sage Mode is 10x more bad-ass.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:02   Link #30
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I agree, I still think Sage Mode is 10x more bad-ass.
Further concurrence. Plus, Sage mode is something that feels like Naruto earned it. Kyuubi mode feels like a generic shounen power-up pulled from his ass.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 11:30   Link #31
JinchuurikiMaster
Jinchuuriki Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
hmmm... i have mixed emotions about this chapter. the flashbacks were a little too cheesy for my taste so i don't care much for them. but on the other hand, the kagebunshin overdose scene made me laugh and reminded me of how funny this series used to be. it's been a while since i last laughed while reading this series so it was a welcome change. that scene made me forget the tension and seriousness of the current plot and it actually made me enjoy reading it. i miss the days when kishi would incorporate bursts of humor into his fight scenes.
I thought the exact opposite for some reason... I though the scene with the kagebunshin was not that special since I remember naruto did the exact same thing when he fought a beast in the forest of death during chuunin exams. Of course, that was a LONG time ago, so I'm not saying Kishi has overused that idea yet, but it wasn't anything new or amazing...

The flashback scene was okay/good. The problem with making these flashbacks is that the anime makes these flashbacks ALL THE TIME, and I think that's sad since Kishi rarely make these long flashbacks in the manga. So because the anime makes flashbacks every 10-20th episode or so, the manga fashbacks feels dull and repetitive, when they actually occur quite rarely...

The coolest part was of course when Naruto tried to push the chakra reciever from inside Son Goku, that was a brilliant moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
There is Sages and sages. Here we're talking specifically about the Sages of the 6th Paths which has not much to do with wisdom and all to do with possessing the powers of the Uchiha and the Senju : full mastery of Yin & Yang chakra, or Onmyoton.
God so many sages, plus there are sages like Jiraya and Naruto... but I think I get it now. Thanks for informing me
JinchuurikiMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 11:49   Link #32
Akashin

Quote:
I thought the exact opposite for some reason... I though the scene with the kagebunshin was not that special since I remember naruto did the exact same thing when he fought a beast in the forest of death during chuunin exams. Of course, that was a LONG time ago, so I'm not saying Kishi has overused that idea yet, but it wasn't anything new or amazing...
Rather than Kishi reusing the idea, I got the impression that Naruto doing that here was a deliberate throwback to what he did back in the Forest of Death.

For some reason, this chapter hit all the right notes for me emotionally. The flashback was well-timed and didn't bother me, Kurama's speech was cool without annoying me. Both were really cheesy, but the way they were pulled off had some kind of weird inspirational music playing in my head as I read it. Just for that, I gave this week's chapter a pass.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 13:38   Link #33
james0246

Naruto actually caused the Snake in the Forest of Death to explode due to the amount of Kage Bushin formed in its stomach. Against the Yonbi, though, we were given a fun image of 100s of clones being thrown-up.

That being said, it was a callback to the earlier encounter. In fact, it was a deliberate callback since it was used to trick the audience (into believing that the current scene copied the earlier scene exactly) as well as Tobi.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 13:43   Link #34
23 gundam fan

im sorry but this is just boring me too death. i mean the flashbacks has been done too death, i mean naruto doesnt give up. WE KNOW THAT it seems with every step up naruto takes, we get a ten page review of his life, to hammer home the point . and for god sake he we please get back to the kaga madara fight or see what ems sasuke is up too. since this tobi/naruto fight started( i bet most of us have forgotten that naruto is supposed to be fighting tobi) all we have seen is a storyline built around the four-tails who we dont know about and seeing as how kish didnt give us a bit of his history in part one. its hard to care about his plight. its time to move this story along. between madara and the kages and sasuke, i am sorry but there is a lot more interesting battles going on out there. i mean at the end of this whole four tails naruto deal, its not like tobi is going to be beaten right now, more than likely the four or eight tails is going to fall to tobi.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 15:46   Link #35
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Kyuubi mode feels like a generic shounen power-up pulled from his ass.
Pulled from his parents' sacrifice, or let's say heritage.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 16:23   Link #36
Ushio the Omega

I'll stick this here.

Naruto vol 50 best selling manga in the US by "direst market sales" for 2011 with 5,536 copies sold.

Book store sales will be released in February and will be at least 8 times higher per volume (2010 sales were 10 times higher but sales are down across the board).
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 17:44   Link #37
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Meh chapter. The flashbacks went a little too long. We have seen Inspirational Naruto overcome the odds many times before. And now he is about to prove the words of Narutism. In other news, what happened to all that backup Shikamaru's dad sent? Or are Kakashi and Gai just that damn fast they beat everyone?

And I am surprised Kishi brought up the Neji/Naruto fight. That took guts to remind fans given what the manga has become. By beating him, Naruto actually proved that Neji was 100% right. Those that are born special surpass those that are not. Stupid Neji didn't realize that he was talking about himself. As a lowly fodder Hyuuga he could never be Hokage or reach greatest. But Neji was right. No matter how hard Naruto worked, it wouldn't have mattered if his daddy and mommy weren't Minato and an Uzumaki. He was born with fate and the destiny to be great. The child of the Toad Sage's prophesy. He was a super child whose daddy was already Hokage and the greatest to ever live. Naruto is greater than even Jay-Z and Beyonce's kid. So why are we rooting for him?

Fans always think Naruto has changed. Against Kakuzu he changed. Against Pain. During the war. A month ago fans were ripping into Naruto for looking weak and stupid against the Pain Jin. Before that fans were killing him against Itachi and Nagato. Now he is fooling people with the shadow clones for the 8,000,000th time and we are praising him for the moment for not looking like a complete idiot.

I realize you should never get too high or low with the Naruto character. Progress this week will seem like regression next week. His character is meant to be flawed. The Idiot Hero who will overcome the odds because he believes.

This is why I would like to see the focus move to other characters soon as we wrap up the manga. We've seen way too much of Naruto(and the other superpowered characters like the Kages) and need to get off the roller-coaster of these mini-fights. Give me some Konoha 11 development. I wouldn't mind Sakura actually doing something.
^THIS

You're right. I didn't even realize but making Naruto so super duper special (chosen one, son of the Hokage, Uzumaki clan,...) somehow ruined the whole point the manga had. Naruto was nothing special. Every other character had something special about them (except Sakura perhaps) and now everyone is just a shadow in Naruto's light. He doesn't even need to become Hokage at this point anymore. The villagers respect him, they are all his friends, noone's afraid of him and the only thing ruining Naruto's fate is his goddamn promise to Sakura (oh and perhaps the war that is ongoing)

Honestly I really don't know why to root for Naruto anymore. I even want Tobi to win this war and do do his plan thingy.
Old 2012-01-12, 18:05   Link #38
itachi-san314

Yea, I have to agree with the point Ulquiorra raised about the initial intention of the naruto character contrasted with what we now know. it's such a glaring difference between the old and current stories. in the original, I was always under the assumption that naruto was sort of the reincarnation, so to speak, of the 4th. I knew they were alive at the same time so not an actual reincarnation. more like the will of fire continuing on with great and similar konoha ninjas. any resemblances could be chalked up to how gai and lee look so much alike yet they are not related. I thought that was going to be a theme actually... but yea, to have it turn out that naruto had everything handed to him through genetics is very disappointing in light of the first series and what it conveyed about his character's struggles. him being neglected and shunned doesn't make much sense anymore. even for a jinchuuriki, he was too isolated given all this current knowledge. he's no longer an underdog and that's a very big problem for his character since it is so conflicting with how we used to feel when he won a battle or changed someone's mind. now it's like he has all the answers and its not as satisfying when he overcomes the "impossible"
Old 2012-01-12, 18:13   Link #39
Akashin

Not that I'm really arguing that much, because the current Naruto is radically different than the underdog we were shown in the beginning, but what exactly has been "handed" to Naruto? The Kyuubi was, but that's really the only power he uses that he didn't get himself. Him getting nowhere if he wasn't Minato/Kushina's kid is bull; we have no reason to assume his potential has anything to do with that, and we haven't seen anything from him that Kushina may have passed down (though we may, if/when the Kyuubi is taken).

The current Naruto is indeed radically different, but that's entirely a product of his character growth. What reason is there to believe anything else had to do with it?
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 22:39   Link #40
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Not that I'm really arguing that much, because the current Naruto is radically different than the underdog we were shown in the beginning, but what exactly has been "handed" to Naruto? The Kyuubi was, but that's really the only power he uses that he didn't get himself. Him getting nowhere if he wasn't Minato/Kushina's kid is bull; we have no reason to assume his potential has anything to do with that, and we haven't seen anything from him that Kushina may have passed down (though we may, if/when the Kyuubi is taken).

The current Naruto is indeed radically different, but that's entirely a product of his character growth. What reason is there to believe anything else had to do with it?
his genetics I'm assuming. he is the son of the greatest ninja konoha ever had. its no coincidence that naruto is lightning fast now. before we knew about his father, it was always his hard work and determination that was the sole reason for his improvement. now we know that he has possibly the best genetics any ninja can hope for. at least top 3. and from both sides of his parents. its a huge advantage given to a character who was once thought of as the biggest underdog possible.

just to qualify my sentiment, I am still loving the manga. this just takes a little away for me when I think about naruto's underdog status. everyone (well mostly) likes rooting for underdogs and I believe that this revelation quells the excitement a bit when naruto pulls off the impossible. was it his determination or is it his elite body and dna that's getting him over the hump? probably a mixture of both, but I prefered it when it was just his determination.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion