Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-09, 09:45   Link #41
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
And why would that be ? How would Kill3rCombo even know that the proxy or Hotspot you are using IS proxy or hotspot. It's just another ip among the others. Your ip will be different anyway. If someone from US registers for you and then you use Hotspot, your IP is already different from what you registered with.
The idea of hotspot is to mask or make your IP seem it is coming from elsewhere, making it untraceable. Registering for an account is to get access to the game, I don't think it matters where you are connecting from with the account as long as you input the right parameters.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 09:45   Link #42
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

They don't allow people with IP outside of US to register, though. My account was registered on closed beta, and at that time they haven't blocked the outside IP yet.

Quote:
How do you even use Hotspot Shield for games ? To me it looks like it's meant for web browsing, meaning he could use HS for registering but how does that work for playing .. Also how does it work latency wise ? If it's like proxy then I'd imagine it lags quite a bit.
I just turn it on, launch the game, then before logging in, turn it off. Latency is worst when I have a party with 4 players, but it's fine with 3 and below (ping is around 200 ~ 300ms, I guess).
Old 2011-05-09, 10:04   Link #43
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I still don't get how that works. If you turn it off before logging in, what was the point of turning it on in the first place ? When you login you're connecting with your IP from whereever you live at.

And as for making an account, why can't you do it with a proxy ? What difference does it do for to do it through a proxy so that your IP is American, instead of someone inside NA doing it ? It's exactly the same o.O

And by the way, I registered to the game during OBT and I am STILL able to register.
Old 2011-05-09, 11:41   Link #44
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I still don't get how that works. If you turn it off before logging in, what was the point of turning it on in the first place ? When you login you're connecting with your IP from whereever you live at.

And as for making an account, why can't you do it with a proxy ? What difference does it do for to do it through a proxy so that your IP is American, instead of someone inside NA doing it ? It's exactly the same o.O

And by the way, I registered to the game during OBT and I am STILL able to register.
It bypass the IP checking when you are launching the game. After that, they don't check your IP so it's fine to turn it off.

And I get this when I try to register:

For some reason, I have no luck when using proxy to access their main page, so that's the best method I can think of.
Old 2011-05-09, 11:57   Link #45
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The reason why games like this is region locked is because it's P2P servicing. If you're too far away you'll lag like total shit.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 11:59   Link #46
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

No wonder I don't have much lag when playing with my friends.
Old 2011-05-09, 12:46   Link #47
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yeah when you're hosting a dungeon or pvp, you become the "server", so it all becomes relative to your connection to everyone else.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 12:51   Link #48
Dist

That's still weird. Whether I'm the host or joining a party, I don't lag. There's slight lag sometimes where enemies look like they went right but then appear on left but not so much as to annoy me. I've asked others too when they were hosting the dungeon that do I appear to lag to them but they've always said no ..

Perhaps my bandwidth has something to do with it .. I don't know. I'm using cable for 200/10M connection. Anyway looks like P2P is the '' right '' way to go with games .. Or atleast I wish other games would do this too. LaTale is annoying because it's impossible to play with too much latency. Fortunately for me I'm able to play LT too with just slight delay but it's still enough so that I can't play Blader class . With that said, the fact the game is P2P doesn't equal to '' lag like shit '' if you live far away.

SaintessHeart : If proxies don't work, then I guess you'll have to ask a friend in US if you got any. Since I can register though for whatever reason, I could do it too ..
Old 2011-05-16, 14:35   Link #49
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Dammit, so it's region locked? And here I am trying to install this game....
Hm..I wonder if the trick that I used to play NAGC will also work for this;(

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 14:46   Link #50
Dist

Register .. If you can't ; Your region is locked. If you can, no worries. Even if you can't register, you can have someone else to do it for you and then play the game using Hotspot shield .. But you would have found all of this info from this thread if you had read a bit.
Old 2011-05-16, 21:30   Link #51
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Ah yes, that's why I thought it was strange because I can register and play normally Anyway, this game is much better than I expected. I'm still on lvl 2 though Can't play much because the exams is coming @_@
Quote:
^ no grab in elsword and no pitfall. so it less broken. well only disadvantage so far is you must good with combo or you get screwed. it far from perfect but definitely less broken than GC
Is it really? Duh, I need to stop my reflex to grab whoever comes near my character/ in above platform because of GC.....Though I'm glad that it's more combo-based. Back in GC, it seems stupid if a character can do amazing combos but it's practically useless if you can't chain it with combos or stuffs.

Old 2011-05-16, 22:19   Link #52
Dist

Well when I say no worries, it only applies to current situation. The game is for NA only, that's for sure. Sooner or later all regions except NA will be banned but then we can still resort to Hotspot shield.

Speaking of combos, while you can chain combos together they don't work really well. For example, as an Elsword, if you do Z Z Z X combo and launch the enemy forward, even if you can run really fast you can't chain the combo by running to the enemy and continuing your assault ; The combo will be reset, sometimes even if the Combo counter is still visible. So I'd say the combo system should be worked on .. If you've played LaTale, that's a game which has a great combo system where you can actually chain them .. Dragonica is another one. I mean, are there any other games where you can reach over 50k combo ?
Old 2011-05-17, 00:04   Link #53
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

By the way...does anyone know how to aim using archer ? I tried to hold down S but it won't let me aim :<

Old 2011-05-19, 20:12   Link #54
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
By the way...does anyone know how to aim using archer ? I tried to hold down S but it won't let me aim :<
There's no aiming. You can use the Siege Mode skill (which I'm assuming you put on S) to spam arrows, but that's about it. Z shoots a single straight arrow, while pressing X during Siege Mode shoots three spread arrows. Costs a small amount of MP per shot.

In PvE, it's probably a Rena's most damaging skill. You can just keep firing triple arrows against an enemy against the wall or a large boss and their HP will just dive.

Quote:
Speaking of combos, while you can chain combos together they don't work really well. For example, as an Elsword, if you do Z Z Z X combo and launch the enemy forward, even if you can run really fast you can't chain the combo by running to the enemy and continuing your assault ; The combo will be reset, sometimes even if the Combo counter is still visible. So I'd say the combo system should be worked on .. If you've played LaTale, that's a game which has a great combo system where you can actually chain them .. Dragonica is another one. I mean, are there any other games where you can reach over 50k combo ?
While this is true for base class Elsword, this isn't exactly true of the game's combo system.

The combo system works like this

1.) There's a hit counter. After an enemy is hit an certain number of times, they will automatically fall down. About 12-15 hits is the max before the opponent automatically topples over in PvP.

Certain strings knock down, while others launch. Elsword's ZZZX is supposed to knockdown, so don't expect to combo after that. You can continue after a launch. Just hit them before they hit the surface.

2.) Most classes gain their combo utility from advancing into their first and second subclasses. Advancing classes modifies your Z and X attack strings and extends them. If you haven't noticed, most of base Elsword's attack strings knock down.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2011-05-20 at 23:34.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 15:59   Link #55
Dist

Does no one play this anymore? The thread isn't very active. I could use some company on the game when starting and playing new characters - Since my timezone is obviously different from most players, I have hard time getting a party.

Ps.
Spoiler for My favourite skill - Plasma Cutter:
Old 2011-06-27, 17:07   Link #56
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

still playing, it's pretty normal for game thread inactive after few month of released. considering i more active on official forum

but i bit bored for the moment considering my void princess and magic knight already lv cap. (and bit busy overall)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 01:11   Link #57
Teenhmifnoeafgil
Battle on, or next to?

First post since 2010, and oh god this game.
They're procrastinating to the max. Raven not being out is ridiculous, and Eve should be close to being out. Chung, not so much.
But this game is really, really, boring after a while, as it's incredibly repetitive, and there's a huge change in difficulty at around level 9. The game has dungeons that can take up to 10 minutes, and you have to repeat that at a minimum of 4 times, which murders your stamina. The stamina bar is not slated to be taken out, as it's in the Korean version as well.
Teenhmifnoeafgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 10:33   Link #58
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenhmifnoeafgil View Post
First post since 2010, and oh god this game.
They're procrastinating to the max. Raven not being out is ridiculous, and Eve should be close to being out. Chung, not so much.
But this game is really, really, boring after a while, as it's incredibly repetitive, and there's a huge change in difficulty at around level 9. The game has dungeons that can take up to 10 minutes, and you have to repeat that at a minimum of 4 times, which murders your stamina. The stamina bar is not slated to be taken out, as it's in the Korean version as well.
There's no difficulty jump at level 9. You're also being ridiculous with expectations. We're at least getting content. I enjoy my locked skills.
Old 2011-06-28, 19:46   Link #59
Teenhmifnoeafgil
Battle on, or next to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There's no difficulty jump at level 9. You're also being ridiculous with expectations. We're at least getting content. I enjoy my locked skills.
These are expectations according to Grand Chase. And the game definitely gets harder at Shadow Forest, unless you Rena, and most of Rena's attacks require MP. As Elsword or Aisha, losing in Shadow Forest is nearly inevitable if this is your first playthrough.
Teenhmifnoeafgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 19:56   Link #60
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenhmifnoeafgil View Post
These are expectations according to Grand Chase. And the game definitely gets harder at Shadow Forest, unless you Rena, and most of Rena's attacks require MP. As Elsword or Aisha, losing in Shadow Forest is nearly inevitable if this is your first playthrough.
I started with an Aisha, and I had no problems soloing up to the later Bethma stages without dying. Currently I have one of each character.

You're also playing Rena incorrectly if you need to spam her specials that frequently. Your basic attack and Siege Mode are more than enough, especially at Shadow Forest.

Tags
elsword