AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-08-29, 15:25   Link #7921
Kamuui

I'm still confused about that "another" series. I never gave much attention to this... What is specifically? Watari really wrote all this? It really can be considered valid? Isn't just a bonus of blurays?
Old 2016-08-29, 19:11   Link #7922
csuree
The Most Hated™

As far as we could explain it in simple terms it is an alternate ending.

If you played visual novels you know how there are multiple endings. This is just like it. Watari made an ending where Yui and 8man deepen their relationship to the point it is almost "that" thing.

Many will say that this is proof that the main novel will have a Yukinon ending, but i think it will have a neutral ending where 8man will solve the main problems, or contribute hugely in repairing the broken relations between the other characters. As we all watched the anime, we know it ended in a cliffhanger a rather big one. Yukinoshita has a very big problem which is "something uglier than trust", Yui is "just like she is" (i imply something deep into this because she always looked so sad and down when people said to her these), and Hachiman's request is still not fullfilled.

Also let's not forget Hayama who is bound by fate, with no real choice to get out of this, and Haruno. She may have become an antagonist in the last few volumes(episodes) but that is just her hiding that even she has a huge underlying issue deep within.

So basically [another] is just the Yui ending of the story which left everything I just wrote before(up there^^) unanswered.
Old 2016-08-29, 22:42   Link #7923
Kamuui

Thanks for the explanation, helped a lot. But if this is Yui route then I think a neutral ending is impossible right now. If Hikki really will obtain something genuine then I think he will have to end with someone or something, otherwise all this would be meaningless.
Old 2016-08-30, 03:24   Link #7924
csuree
The Most Hated™

Friendships are never meaningless.
Old 2016-08-30, 04:11   Link #7925
Kamuui

If friendships are enough then I don't think Yui would have reached to that point. I think that the greatest fear of the fans is that Hikki stop to be himself if he start "date" with someone but I can't see that happens, he always will be the Hikki we know and love but just with something worth to believe in his side, something he always desired.
Old 2016-08-30, 09:00   Link #7926
Tormenk

Hachiman pursuing a relationship would mean he's no longer afraid to take the plunge but more than that, I think if his experiences from the past year can enable him to achieve a understanding of himself and change his overall mindset in a good way, it'll be better for him in the long run. Which I think csuree is right in pointing out ANOTHER falls short of letting him achieve that.

Part of why I think WW is taking so long for vol 12, is the variety of ways he can choose to wrap up Hachiman's development. Hachiman could end up with any kind of resolution and it would still work reasonably well, it's just up to what kind of message WW wants to send.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 05:21   Link #7927
pervypig

Hey, didn't WW sensei's editor voted for Saki-saki or Saki-watshername dat the anime completely sidestepped? I think that would prolly mean some developments in that direction even if the official ending would be with Sensei... (hey dun blame me, the VN fixed it in the tutorial) though I still feel that 8man would only be happy in Totsuka end.

And yes, getting all wrapped up with 8man's affairs made me wonder even more about the poor ikeman. I mean there's absolutely no reason Hayama would try to shield yukino from gossips unless he's genuinely interested in her. Some dude may say "oh he's only doing that cos he's thinking of her as a lil sister". Yeah rite... Look at how he led both iroha and yukimo by their noses and you'd realize that he didn't give half a yen about either (sports day ending speech - thanking both iroha and yukimo together), and he only did it becos 8man pestered him over it. Dude prolly had his marriage planned since 8yrs old, and he's only following thru to save face.

I think his story is something like this: Hayama actually liked Haruno when they were younger, and yukino liked him. But the rest of the elementary school started gossiping bout yukino's relationship with hayama, so he had to step in and declare that he didn't have any relationship with yukino - and in the process damaging both his relationship with haruno and yukino. That's why haruno's now both guilt-tripping hayama and bullying yukino (cos she actually liked hayama back then too). Now, hayama's busy trying to make up to yukino because of what happened in the past, while haruno continue to try use 8man to antagonize both hayama and bait yukino. Well, that's more or less how it looks like to me, since we may never even get a reveal from WW sensei on this part.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-01, 11:33   Link #7928
Nyaa-kun
Blood is my salvation

You may be right at Yukino liking him and Hayama liking Haruno when they were younger.But didn't Yukino said that she was being bullied (taking away her indoor shoes and more of those common bullies stuff which I can't remember) and Hayama did nothing to help her and now he's trying to make up to Yukino.

Haruno is doing all these shit because i)She wants Yukino to be free and be herself which kinda works way too 'well' and ii)Haruno's tired of Hayama's perfect act or something like that (She did say that Hayama's boring and Hachiman is way more interesting)

But you're right,until Watari sensei got back to OreGairu,we can only speculate all these stuffs.

この世界はもう終わりだ。
Nyaa-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-02, 10:14   Link #7929
anonfr

I think, as far as ending this goes, it's probably easy to compromise.

I think the best ending would be if 8Man and Yukino openly became friends that (sorta) actively spend time together, be it hanging out or studying or whatever. A romantic ending would be too forced for both of them, they're too awkward and not mature enough to really just jump right into it. So, the main story ends with them acknowledging eachother as friends and making an effort to maintain a strong friendship.

Then there should be an epilogue, from Yui's perspective, for a 10 year reunion. For Yui's character, it would make sense for it to be important to her, and it would make sense for Yui to do her best to try and get 8man and Yukino to show up, and they probably would for her sake. So, then 8man and Yukino can show up, and be revealed that over the last 10 years they eventually became a couple.

I think this is plausible as a good ending, because a lot of people to want to see 8Man/Yukino set sail and it is a very valid ship. But, at the same time the people who say that them ending the series on a romantic note would be forced, and that's also valid. But 8man does express desire to end up with somebody eventually, and too an extent I think Yukino does too. But, they'd need time to figure it out because, I don't think they're emotionally mature enough to really handle all those feelings and would have to literally take it at a snails pace.

I also think this sort of thing wouldn't be too terribly out of character for Watari-Sensei either. Given all the side stories and the existence of alternate endings and what not, him doing a 10 year later epilogue is something I could see him doing, and a 10 year School Reunion would make sense because for a lot of the characters their school life and experiences are really important to them and including 8Man in it would be a huge show of his growth, because his character starts out as someone that wouldn't even get invited, let alone show up.

Those are my thoughts.

Edit* This is just my personal opinion, but I think it's worthy to note that this series for me always seemed to play up "Who you are as a person" vs. "Who you are around people". This is mostly exemplified by Hayama's group, but it also plays into 8Man and Yukino. 8Man is very clear on who he is as a person, but he's not so clear on who he is around people, how to fit in with them or even get along. He stays true to himself and ends up self-sacrificing because for him, that's who he is; but it's also shown to be unhealthy because it makes it harder for his relationships with people, and this ends up straining his perspective on who he is as a person and it leads to him starting to change and wanting something genuine. Yukino, is sort of the opposite in this regard. She's very clear on her image and her place and how she's perceived, but this is strained by the fact that she's still very much trying to figure out who she is as a person outside of her image and her perceived place in the social structure of things, and her being lost as a person in turn can strain who she is socially. That's why, in spite of all the progress they both are starting to make throughout the series, them ending up together right out of highschool would feel really forced. They're both starting to grow, but they'd need time to really figure it out. So that's why I think they'd have to go at a snail's pace.

Last edited by anonfr; 2016-09-02 at 10:28.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 13:39   Link #7930
fullillegal

I read somewhere that WW currently working at Qualidea Code.

Quote:
Watari is juggling numerous projects at the moment, including but not limited to: Oregairu, his contribution to the Qualidea Code light novels, the original script for the anime, and his contributions to Girlish Number (another multimedia franchise which is rather vague and fuzzy about the details for the moment). With so much stuff on his plate, it’s no wonder Oregairu keeps getting pushed back.

I’m not sure if you can even expect the next Oregairu volume to be published this year, frankly.
https://frogkun.com/2016/07/11/every...qualidea-code/
fullillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-08, 15:22   Link #7931
Ulin

I think I read somewhere that he had already finished with qc
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 08:27   Link #7932
Nyaa-kun
Blood is my salvation

Just saw a short gameplay for zoku and damn!Some scenes are really some great doki doki moments!But too bad that I can't understand Japanese that well to play the game....

この世界はもう終わりだ。
Nyaa-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 18:08   Link #7933
hvgill

I just got an e-mail from rightstuff informing me that both the snafu light novel and season 2 blu ray had shipped. The blu ray is due out Oct.18th, and light novel on Sept 2, so it kind of surprised me.
hvgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 19:50   Link #7934
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Someone got a copy of LN vol 1 by Yen Press.

Honorifics have been localized, but they actually have 9 pages of translation notes at the back of the novel explaining everything.
Old 2016-10-02, 12:16   Link #7935
HereticMagus

How long has it been since the last volume? An year? Two? Damn, I didn't think we'd get rekt so hard. What's this guy thinking, did he accidentally format his draft or something, like those idiots over at FF say?
HereticMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 23:42   Link #7936
Daysun22

Watari teasing on twitter:

https://twitter.com/watariwataru/sta...64325443350528

TL: "There's a lot of news! Regarding OreGairu and Qualidea Code and Girlish Number, I'll be giving information. This is early notice I want to give."

inb4 Pachinko
Old 2016-10-03, 11:56   Link #7937
anakskul

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Hey, now that the series is finally wrapping up, I would really like to know who Hayato really liked that had a name starting with 'Y'. Seems like only 3 following contenders:

1. Yukino Yukinoshita
2. Haruno Yukinoshita
3. Yui

Personally, I think it's yukino even if he denied it so much, cos he'd made trouble for her earlier. But after vol 10, I start to think he liked 8man that way. Every Riajuu got a closet to hide, u know...
Yumiko.

but hayato and yukinoshita family are friends so..
Headmaster house gonna engaged his child with his friend

That why hayato hate hachiman. because he was from a commoners. free choose anything he want not like him.
anakskul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-04, 05:11   Link #7938
pervypig

^ if its Yumiko, why did Hayato made such a big issue with his major choice? Why did he put Yumiko on da same scale as Ishiki (thanking Yumiko with Ishiki at the sports event speech?) Also, while every1 can see Yumiko's obvious affection for Hayato, he himself scarcely ever did anything for her (except the first volume where he saved her from Hikki's unorthodox tennis serve). Past the 1st volume, there was never a time when Hayato ever tried to help or get close to Yumiko.

In fact, while Hayato has no problem with shutting Yumiko/Ishiki up politely or asking for their help (asking yumiko to help with last song in school festival to buy time in vol 4), he get played around like a puppet by Haruno (1 phone call and he comes running vol 8), and is especially keen to help Yukino (sports event, president election, etc). You dun go that far for people you don't care about.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 14:59   Link #7939
Disdanny
Izanagi

This is starting to wrap up? the LN.
Disdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 16:50   Link #7940
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disdanny View Post
This is starting to wrap up? the LN.
No. There probably isn't gonna be a volume released this year
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck