AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-28, 21:52   Link #4081
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Money is always an issue, but his self esteem is the true problem. Plus, the words that Athena etched in his skull. How he's unable to take care of a girl for these and those reasons... (half of it is BS, because she wanted to monopolize him and his innocent mind). Who wouldn't if they were presented with such a golden opportunity, but had a big fear of separation?
Money is not always the problem since it is ineffective with Athena, why?. We all know that he said he doesn't deserve to have a girlfriend due to Athena but do not deny that he stated he isn't good at dealing with girls, low self-esteem or not which does not have any relation with Athena's teaching.

Monopolize him and his innocent mind? This is the real BS.

What are you trying to say with the "golden opportunity" and the "separation?"

Quote:
zodanhko, what you said just might be true. But it all depends on the perspective you look at "good and evil". If Isumi doesn't know Athena, then how can she know if it wasn't on purpose that she let him possess her? Perhaps she desired more power, and so on... <--- not true, just an example.
Isumi does not know nor do we... Your example doesn't really make sense. However, Isumi does have knowledge about the "ancient spirit" and what it can and can not do to possess a person, and how he can or can not possess a person. And stated based on what she knew.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 23:04   Link #4082
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Money is not always the problem since it is ineffective with Athena, why?. We all know that he said he doesn't deserve to have a girlfriend due to Athena but do not deny that he stated he isn't good at dealing with girls, low self-esteem or not which does not have any relation with Athena's teaching.

Monopolize him and his innocent mind? This is the real BS.

What are you trying to say with the "golden opportunity" and the "separation?"
Money from Hayate's perspective. Athena is irrelevant. What he said is also unimportant, because he can always get better at it by getting one. If he could only discard what Athena thought him, and try it out... probably not..

And yeah. You can't deny that all she wanted was company. She even kissed him out of nowhere, without even knowing him. Yeah, they were 7 year old kids, but that's no excuse with Athena's, well... maturity & intelligence, perhaps. Don't know how to put it otherwise. Anyway, she didn't want to be all alone in that castle, and then Hayate appears out of nowhere, where it normally wouldn't be possible for anyone to go. Is this not a golden opportunity? From a strangers point of view that wants companionship (Athena).

Quote:
Isumi does not know nor do we... Your example doesn't really make sense. However, Isumi does have knowledge about the "ancient spirit" and what it can and can not do to possess a person, and how he can or can not possess a person. And stated based on what she knew.
No. We don't know if she knows her or not. Don't jump to the conclusion that she based her theory on her knowledge of King Midas, while she doesn't know squat about Athena. That doesn't make sense!

If she doesn't know her, then she can't judge what she would do, or what kind of person she is. If it's their first meeting, and she just sensed great power within Athena, and the fact that she's human, she then automatically jumped to the conclusion that she's a good person, and the spirit of Midas is evil, only because of her job.

We don't even know if Midas is the true evil in the manga. He might want to just release her daughter from her imprisonment as a golden statue, and for that he needs "Godlike" powers, which he failed to attain in life, but persists in trying in death, and would do any evil to save her.

From his perspective, and those sympathetic to him, he's a good guy that's trying his hardest to reverse something wrong that he did (perhaps even by mistake). Perhaps he didn't choose the best way in doing so, since it involves harming other people, but what if there aren't other alternatives?

Well, I totally made that up, but you can't deny it. Not enough info. Conversation is pointless, but fun nonetheless. Reply as you wish. I'm not even gonna bother reviewing what I just wrote. It might be full of contradictions. Correct them, and use an opening to attack back if you so desire.

Blinded by Athena... truly...

HEH!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 23:45   Link #4083
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Money from Hayate's perspective. Athena is irrelevant. What he said is also unimportant, because he can always get better at it by getting one. If he could only discard what Athena thought him, and try it out... probably not..

And yeah. You can't deny that all she wanted was company. She even kissed him out of nowhere, without even knowing him. Yeah, they were 7 year old kids, but that's no excuse with Athena's, well... maturity & intelligence, perhaps. Don't know how to put it otherwise. Anyway, she didn't want to be all alone in that castle, and then Hayate appears out of nowhere, where it normally wouldn't be possible for anyone to go. Is this not a golden opportunity? From a strangers point of view that wants companionship (Athena).
What he said is unimportant? Meaning how Hayate felt is unimportant and what he believe is unimportant...Why did you bothered to reply to WildArms's statement anyway? It is pointless...

I CAN deny that all she wanted was just a company. True, Athena was lonely and was in despair living in that castle by herself. Yes, Hayate suddenly appeared out of nowhere into her life as a stranger. However, Hayate appeared out of nowhere when Athena needed help the most (expectantly). Undoubtedly, Athena needed someone/anyone to help her with her loneliness; and that someone happened to be Hayate. That stranger appeared out of nowhere happened to be the person that can cured her loneliness, and regardless of how pathetic he may be (meaning Hayate), she fell in love with him. More than a company, she wanted to be with her knight, the person who magically appeared in her life and cured her loneliness and despair.

Quote:
No. We don't know if she knows her or not. Don't jump to the conclusion that she based her theory on her knowledge of King Midas, while she doesn't know squat about Athena. That doesn't make sense!

If she doesn't know her, then she can't judge what she would do, or what kind of person she is. If it's their first meeting, and she just sensed great power within Athena, and the fact that she's human, she then automatically jumped to the conclusion that she's a good person, and the spirit of Midas is evil, only because of her job.

We don't even know if Midas is the true evil in the manga. He might want to just release her daughter from her imprisonment as a golden statue, and for that he needs "Godlike" powers, which he failed to attain in life, but persists in trying in death, and would do any evil to save her.

From his perspective, and those sympathetic to him, he's a good guy that's trying his hardest to reverse something wrong that he did (perhaps even by mistake). Perhaps he didn't choose the best way in doing so, since it involves harming other people, but what if there aren't other alternatives?

Well, I totally made that up, but you can't deny it. Not enough info. Conversation is pointless, but fun nonetheless. Reply as you wish. I'm not even gonna bother reviewing what I just wrote. It might be full of contradictions. Correct them, and use an opening to attack back if you so desire.

Blinded by Athena... truly...

HEH!
Too lazy to read.

But I will/can say that Isumi knows Athena is strong and stated that base on Athena's recent action.

Off topic-
If Isumi know about the "ancient spirit" as much as I think she is, I can say that Midas is currently using Athena's power while having control over her.
Old 2009-10-28, 23:53   Link #4084
Himegami Akane

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Onikakushi-hen was so bloody....i loved it...
So much violence...so much blood...so much horror...

Well, i'm not here to talk about Higurashi, then let's talk about i'm here for...HnG!!!!

Doesn't matter why Midas is doing this for, all we should know is for what... and why he's still with Athena...

Between, i don't mind about Athena after all, so even if he wan't to do something even if it kill her, it's fine...(lately bloodly things interested me a lot...i wonder why...) but maybe Isumi will do something against him, or Hayate(i don't trust what i said here), or Athena herself will supress Midas forcefully with her emotions or something like...

Any chance of Sakuya doing something for save them??
Probably not, the only thing she can do is to yell or make Midas kill them all insulting him or something more...

Bye bye again...i will be back tomorrow...

(By the way RaH - did you watched Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni ( Kai / Rei ) / Ominake no Naku Koro Ni?)

Good night zodanhko...
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 00:37   Link #4085
Rah

Quote:
What he said is unimportant? Meaning how Hayate felt is unimportant and what he believe is unimportant...Why did you bothered to reply to WildArms's statement anyway? It is pointless...

I CAN deny that all she wanted was just a company. True, Athena was lonely and was in despair living in that castle by herself. Yes, Hayate suddenly appeared out of nowhere into her life as a stranger. However, Hayate appeared out of nowhere when Athena needed help the most (expectantly). Undoubtedly, Athena needed someone/anyone to help her with her loneliness; and that someone happened to be Hayate. That stranger appeared out of nowhere happened to be the person that can cured her loneliness, and regardless of how pathetic he may be (meaning Hayate), she fell in love with him. More than a company, she wanted to be with her knight, the person who magically appeared in her life and cured her loneliness and despair.
LOL

Reply to what statement? Who remembers! Quote it next time!

Prove that she needed help. She had everything she needed. Who needs people? And It's Hayate's fault that things turned out as they are now. No, wait.. actually we don't know that for certain. It's true that Hayate caused her suffering, but I think she's hurt from a greater, older pain. Possibly that's why she was all alone in the RG? Well, anyways, also prove that she did (or still does) in fact love him. She didn't say it once (oh, correct me if I'm wrong here. I honestly don't remember), and just blushing, thinking of the person, kissing, or any other affectionate action can mean something else entirely. Why did she need Hayate to yell her name on the balcony? That's..... something else... hmm... I can't think of a good example at the moment.

Anyhow, after Hayate left, her last words were "I'm alone again", or something like that. She was just a 7 year old kid. *contradiction in progress* She needed the warmth of a family, the acceptance of her peers, a real love at a later age, ... errr... and so on. I don't know about the state of her parents, but if they were good people that met an untimely end, then it would be enough if they miraculously returned to her to fix everything. Hayate would be unnecessary.

Ah, In short... she analyzed Hayate's situation, and tried to persuade him that he'd be happier with her. She was successful at that, but he's still just a 7 year old kid. What if he decides to leave? How could she make him stay to fill the void in her heart? Well that's easy! Just get on some cheap makeup and wh**e yourself out! Whats better than that to get a man's heart? Well, perhaps she miscalculated that he'd feel lonely without his parents, even though they're monsters he's the type of person that would give them a second chance a thousand times. And of course he can return to them at any time, while she can't for yet unknown circumstances.

Okay, I probably exaggerated a bit with a few lines there, but I believe that she was desperate for affection, and would do anything to attain it.

Quote:
Too lazy to read.

But I will/can say that Isumi knows Athena is strong and stated that base on Athena's recent action.

Off topic-
If Isumi know about the "ancient spirit" as much as I think she is, I can say that Midas is currently using Athena's power while having control over her.
Sure, she knows that she's strong, but she doesn't know if she's good or evil. She can sense evil spirits, but she can't sense evil people, can she? Well that I don't know...

All I'm saying here is that if she doesn't know her from the past, she can't just judge her based on whatever little information she has now. Like I said in my previous post, what if Athena willingly accepted Midas? What if she's an evil witch that's trying to attain even more power? What better would be to get possessed by the spirit of a man that almost attained that power centuries ago (or whatever time...)? Can you also prove that she didn't willingly take him in? That she didn't make a deal with him? That she doesn't want to destroy the entire world for the bad things that keep happening to her? Kehehehehehehehehehehahahahah!!

YOU CaAAaannnnnnnTTTttttt... ahhh what fun~~~

Super short Isumin' ver. 5.2:

Knows her: Last time of your encounter? People change. How well did you know her?
Doesn't know her: What she said doesn't make sense, and is completely made up. It's based on... on what? On her looks? On her power (that she can use for good or evil)? Yehhh........ whatever

Edit~

Oh, yeah!

@Akane

Yeh, I watched Higurashi, and I know of Umineko as well, but I don't dare continue watching it. It's....... *sigh*

QUALITY! SO MUCH QUALITY! ..... *triple sigh*
Old 2009-10-29, 00:49   Link #4086
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Anyway, can someone *looks at Koroshiya_Kame_13 with puppy dog eyes* translate the HnG character songs?

Well, if it's not too much trouble, can someone *quickly glances at Koroshiya_Kame_13* translate a song or two? I'd like Kimi Fan, but if you have a favorite you could do that one.
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm quite busy recently. Plus, lyrics are harder to translate than scripts and I can't understand Japanese 100%. So what triggered the second wave of Athena discussion between you and zodhko? BTW, Isumi wanted to discuss with Athena about a king who couldn't become god. Anyone think this is another parody or she was referring to Midas King?
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 00:55   Link #4087
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm quite busy recently. Plus, lyrics are harder to translate than scripts and I can't understand Japanese 100%. So what triggered the second wave of Athena discussion between you and zodhko? BTW, Isumi wanted to discuss with Athena about a king who couldn't become god. Anyone think this is another parody or she was referring to Midas King?
Yeah, I understand, but go check the site. It's not in Japanese characters, but in English (Latin lol) alphabet. Does that make it easier? No clue...

Well, if it's that hard then never mind. Perhaps someone else might do them~ ^_^

zod is funny. Everyone against Athena shall perish! RAGEEEEE!!! <3

She was talking about Midas.
Old 2009-10-29, 00:58   Link #4088
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Yeah, I understand, but go check the site. It's not in Japanese characters, but in English (Latin lol) alphabet. Does that make it easier? No clue...

Well, if it's that hard then never mind. Perhaps someone else might do them~ ^_^

zod is funny. Everyone against Athena shall perish! RAGEEEEE!!! <3

She was talking about Midas.
I checked and its in Romanji. It really doesn't really make much difference, probably the only difference is that its easier to read. Like I said, I'm quite busy recently so if I have free time I'll try to translate it.

From what you two were discussing it suddenly changed from Midas King to Athena.
Old 2009-10-29, 01:03   Link #4089
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
I checked and its in Romanji. It really doesn't really make much difference, probably the only difference is that its easier to read. Like I said, I'm quite busy recently so if I have free time I'll try to translate it.

From what you two were discussing it suddenly changed from Midas King to Athena.

I see. Japanese is a pain, eh? Well, I'll love you for all eternity if you do translate one or two. <3

Dunno how much you value that. Probably not a cent, eh? Lol.. wait.. now I feel bad! Crap.. lol

-

Obviously. I'm talking with zod. It can't be about anything else besides Athena. xD

I don't mind. I can't wait for his reply now. He's gonna dismantle my counterattack, or die trying. Bwhahaha!
Old 2009-10-29, 01:04   Link #4090
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

I think Isumi might know Athena as Hakuou Chairman but Athena did't know Isumi.
That what i mean. its like you know your headmaster but the headmaster does't know you!!
Old 2009-10-29, 01:05   Link #4091
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Obviously. I'm talking with zod. It can't be about anything else besides Athena. xD

I don't mind. I can't wait for his reply now. He's gonna dismantle my counterattack, or die trying. Bwhahaha!
I'll leave it to you two then. No spoilers as of now, should come out tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftsaufi View Post
I think Isumi might know Athena as Hakuou Chairman but Athena did't know Isumi.
That what i mean. its like you know your headmaster but the headmaster does't know you!!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Isumi jumped grades after Athena graduated.

Last edited by Koroshiya_Kame_13; 2009-10-29 at 01:17.
Old 2009-10-29, 01:21   Link #4092
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
LOL
Reply to what statement? Who remembers! Quote it next time!
I'd waste my time to quote right now...

Quote:
Prove that she needed help. She had everything she needed. Who needs people? And It's Hayate's fault that things turned out as they are now. No, wait.. actually we don't know that for certain. It's true that Hayate caused her suffering, but I think she's hurt from a greater, older pain. Possibly that's why she was all alone in the RG? Well, anyways, also prove that she did (or still does) in fact love him. She didn't say it once (oh, correct me if I'm wrong here. I honestly don't remember), and just blushing, thinking of the person, kissing, or any other affectionate action can mean something else entirely. Why did she need Hayate to yell her name on the balcony? That's..... something else... hmm... I can't think of a good example at the moment.

Anyhow, after Hayate left, her last words were "I'm alone again", or something like that. She was just a 7 year old kid. *contradiction in progress* She needed the warmth of a family, the acceptance of her peers, a real love at a later age, ... errr... and so on. I don't know about the state of her parents, but if they were good people that met an untimely end, then it would be enough if they miraculously returned to her to fix everything. Hayate would be unnecessary.

Ah, In short... she analyzed Hayate's situation, and tried to persuade him that he'd be happier with her. She was successful at that, but he's still just a 7 year old kid. What if he decides to leave? How could she make him stay to fill the void in her heart? Well that's easy! Just get on some cheap makeup and wh**e yourself out! Whats better than that to get a man's heart? Well, perhaps she miscalculated that he'd feel lonely without his parents, even though they're monsters he's the type of person that would give them a second chance a thousand times. And of course he can return to them at any time, while she can't for yet unknown circumstances.

Okay, I probably exaggerated a bit with a few lines there, but I believe that she was desperate for affection, and would do anything to attain it.
Please, do not go to unrelated subjects and expand the text. Too much...Prove need help? Why are you stating the obvious which I just said...

" I believe that she was desperate for affection, and would do anything to attain it."And About the persuasion and the disarray his innocence mind...

She taught him everything she believed he needed to know as a man (yes, he made him learn how to act to have a girdfriend) and as a butler, to be an independent individual. She taught him into a determinate person who has his own beliefs and thoughts (Don't even try to compare him to the first time he met her), and she let him to do WHATEVER he wanted. Meeting his brother, meeting his parents-numerous times, enough time for him to buy her the ring which worth 3 MONTHS of allowance in the real world- although she feared that he might left her. Whats more, one day in the castle is equivalent to a week in the real world, yet she still let him go.
For what? To make her happy? To make him stay with her? Everything she did for him before the separation was AGAINST the idea of making him stay with her. All she needed to do was to not allow him to go outside, and he will comply to that.

"Ah, In short... she analyzed Hayate's situation, and tried to persuade him that he'd be happier with her. She was successful at that, but he's still just a 7 year old kid."
What are you mumbling about? She never once try to persuade him that he'd be happy with her. The ONLY time she tried to force/convince him to be with her is the end which was indeed that she tried to free him from his curses parents. She had blamed herself for the last 10 years because she failed to do so, and when she realized he was already saved, she left him be to enjoy his life.

I can't say that she isn't selfish, and she can indeed have the feelings of wanting him by her side.

Quote:
Sure, she knows that she's strong, but she doesn't know if she's good or evil. She can sense evil spirits, but she can't sense evil people, can she? Well that I don't know...

All I'm saying here is that if she doesn't know her from the past, she can't just judge her based on whatever little information she has now. Like I said in my previous post, what if Athena willingly accepted Midas? What if she's an evil witch that's trying to attain even more power? What better would be to get possessed by the spirit of a man that almost attained that power centuries ago (or whatever time...)? Can you also prove that she didn't willingly take him in? That she didn't make a deal with him? That she doesn't want to destroy the entire world for the bad things that keep happening to her? Kehehehehehehehehehehahahahah!!

YOU CaAAaannnnnnnTTTttttt... ahhh what fun~~~

Super short Isumin' ver. 5.2:

Knows her: Last time of your encounter? People change. How well did you know her?
Doesn't know her: What she said doesn't make sense, and is completely made up. It's based on... on what? On her looks? On her power (that she can use for good or evil)? Yehhh........ whatever
If you just keeping say whatever this and that, and try to make me prove useless ideas...Then please stop. You questions have no objectives at all whatsoever.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-29 at 01:45.
Old 2009-10-29, 01:27   Link #4093
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Simple to say, Athena is lonely
i think i might stay for a while to watch battle between Isumi(Emperor Rah) and Athena(zodhanko)
Old 2009-10-29, 01:34   Link #4094
Rah

Awwww, you're so mean!

<3

Kay, I'll end it here.

Athena was lonely, and desired someone to free her from her loneliness. Anyone would do. Hayate happened to be there. It's a fact that only Ayumu & Hinagiku love Hayate, Nagi has only accepted his love, but hasn't declared it back. Same with Athena. If I don't see TEXT with these words in exact order "I LOVE YOU", then no matter what that character does is BS, and a troll.

Isumin' = Nothing to add. Can't say what Isumin' said about Athena without first knowing her well.

10 second example: zod is not the type of person to not help a granny across the street!

Can you deny that? Well, of course you can. Easily! Why? Because you yourself know if it's true or not, and I don't know anything about you, yet I stated that.

Something similar with Isumin', unless she knows her.

GAME OVER

SCORE: 43826151

Errrrr! Adding: Nagi accepted his "love". A misunderstanding of course. Haha!

-

Uhm, well, I'm too tired to continue this battle of perspectives and opinions, with a fundamental lack of facts. I'll retire for the.. sadly.. sunny day.. grrrrr! Why does this place have windows? Tch..

Ah, well...

Good night(day) people~

Last edited by Rah; 2009-10-29 at 01:47.
Old 2009-10-29, 01:49   Link #4095
Used Can

Old 2009-10-29, 01:58   Link #4096
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Athena was lonely, and desired someone to free her from her loneliness. Anyone would do. Hayate happened to be there. It's a fact that only Ayumu & Hinagiku love Hayate, Nagi has only accepted his love, but hasn't declared it back. Same with Athena. If I don't see TEXT with these words in exact order "I LOVE YOU", then no matter what that character does is BS, and a troll.
For the first sentence, you just re-stated my statement...

If you think Athena does not love Hayate after all of these chapters. I think ,like you, I'll go LOL. Yeehhh, whatever.

Quote:
10 second example: zod is not the type of person to not help a granny across the street!
WFT? How do you know?

3 secs example?
Rah is not the type of person that can get beat up by an old lady since Rah is "so incredibly strong."

B
Old 2009-10-29, 09:44   Link #4097
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Man if Hata said the fight would be over the next chapter it would either be them escaping, Machina suppressing, or Hayate dying.

Of course I want the tragic one, I'm a frickin Masochist.

I'm just watching the Anime currently, just to quell my boredom.

Wish me luck.
Old 2009-10-29, 10:32   Link #4098
Rah

Damn, zod has a thick skull.

Brainwashing ain't working, guys! Get the huge antenna, and a lightning storm! We're gonna tie him to it and call UFOS!

Retarded version 9.6: Hurrrrr! I see no written text. I no understanding hints! She must be just a slu**y 7 year old for kissing him like that. I see no love! It's not written anywhere that she loves him (she didn't say it personally). You can't deny that, if you can't disprove me! (like I said, I might be wrong, because I can't remember shit!). Until she says "Hayate, I love you", or even thinks about it, I won't consider it love. Neither should you.

Nothing else to add. For real this time. Maybe. Perhaps...

Until zod replies with rage. xD

As for Isumi... yet again...

If you don't know a person you can't say with certainty what they would, or what they wouldn't do. Isumi did just that. She said that Athena isn't that type of person to let something like that possess her. Now, I don't know what's Mr. Hata thinking, but she can't state such a thing with certainty without knowing well that person, and don't tell me that she based it on what she heard about her, or her impression of her, because that's, yet again, BS.

-

No spoilers yet :<
Old 2009-10-29, 11:18   Link #4099
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Blah blah blah...
3+1-2-2+6-3-3+8-5+3-2-1+0+-3+9-9+8-8+7-7+6-6+5-5+4-4+3-3+2-2+1-1+3+.14=3.14

"She is not by nature the type of person that would be possessed by that." How did you come up with the "let?" You "understand no hints" and "let" isn't written anywhere either...

Joking, aside, it makes sense if Isumi sense/knew/realize that Athena has monstrous power which she does, and of course, with Isumi's knowledge of the honored spirit...I don't see anything wrong with that statement...WTF, am I defending Hata?
Old 2009-10-29, 11:39   Link #4100
Rah

Lol zod!

Defending Hata.. lol omg hahaha!

*calms down*

Okay, look. I'll make it really simple this time. Promise!

For Athena: Yeah, she probably loves him, and we understand that just by looking at how she acts, or at least it should be like that. But until she confesses clearly to him, you can still doubt her actions! Perhaps she had an ulterior motive? Perhaps she lied? And so on.... (oh, and even a confession could be a lie... damn... even Hina lied, and it was all staged! lol, okay I'm going overboard again! xD)

For Isumin': Okay, Athena is really powerful. BUT! Does Isumin' know if she's a good or evil person? What if she's a power hungry witch, that's not satisfied with her own powers, and desires more? Does Isumin' know that? All I'm trying to say....

If Isumin' doesn't know her, she can't jump to conclusions that she didn't want to get possessed in the first place. Perhaps she made an opening for it to possess her, or she made a deal with him (Midas).

If she does know her, though, she can use that knowledge, and her subjective view of her to state that she's not the type of person to let such a thing possess her. She's really smart, strong, beautiful, from a really renown family, etc... and she's just too proud to let something control her.

Okay, but do you know the real her? Everyone wears a "mask" in public. Perhaps she was hiding something from her if they were friends? And so on...

Let's make it easy, and just blame Hata for not clarifying things well enough!

Tags
comedy, shounen