Samari
World's Greatest

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 12:24   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't really agree that people are going to look at Ben Affleck and see Daredevil.

As far as my brain's concerned, unless I'm really reminded, there was no Daredevil movie. And even then, I couldn't tell you what happened in it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 16:59   Link #44
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'll reserve judgement until I see him in the next film.
Old 2013-08-24, 15:52   Link #45
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'm confident in Ben Affleck, I never had a problem with his acting. And even though I haven't seen Argo or The Town. I've seen nothing but praise for both films. I think he'll do fine.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 17:32   Link #46
james0246

The fact that they decided to bring their moneymaker DC star into the movie (when there is no real reason for his inclusion) and then assign a bigger star than anyone else in the series to play the character seems to indicate that WB is decidedly uncertain as to the potential future of a Superman franchise (for better or worse, the press for the film until it's release will be centered on Ben Affleck, in fact his inclusion means there will be even greater press for the eventual film(s)).

That being said, this is a great move for Affleck. Not only does he get a starring role in a potentially massive WB franchise (Batman can appear in every possible DC movie ), it gives him carte blanche for any future film he wants to direct for WB. He'll easily be able to balance his artistic pursuits with his more bombastic desires for the foreseeable future.

Now the real question is if WB is going to go for a more traditional Lex Luthor in Byran Cranston, or go for broke and offer the iconic role to Chiwetel Ejiofor (strong rumors exists for both possibilities).

Last edited by james0246; 2013-08-24 at 17:43.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 18:00   Link #47
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The fact that they decided to bring their moneymaker DC star into the movie (when there is no real reason for his inclusion) and then assign a bigger star than anyone else in the series to play the character seems to indicate that WB is decidedly uncertain as to the potential future of a Superman franchise (for better or worse, the press for the film until it's release will be centered on Ben Affleck, in fact his inclusion means there will be even greater press for the eventual film(s)).
I like your analysis. Makes sense. So Batman would be used the same way Marvel put Wolverine in every comic. To boost other brands.

But it is still rather sad to think Superman might need Batman's support to have audiences show up to his films...

I stand my my old analysis that this team up can work, but only by making sure Batman doesn't overshadow Superman. Much like how the Avengers film is not about Tony Stark.
Old 2013-08-24, 18:14   Link #48
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
*snip*
I've seen this on Facebook but don't get it. Who is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I stand my my old analysis that this team up can work, but only by making sure Batman doesn't overshadow Superman. Much like how the Avengers film is not about Tony Stark.
Duh, it's about Loki! How else do you think he has so many fangirls?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 18:19   Link #49
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, on the bright side, I think Affleck would probably make a great Bruce Wayne. He even looks the role. But whether or not Affleck can effectively play Batman remains to be seen.

However, I also find this a bit disconcerting as a Superman fan. In addition to what James wrote, Affleck is a way bigger name than Cavil is. It makes Superman look like a secondary hero in his own sequel.
Old 2013-08-24, 19:36   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I just hope they’ll heavily address the mega-massive destruction caused by clumsy-Supes & Zod’s battle and the consequences in the sequel. It’s important due to the bad aftertaste Goyer’s script left for the audience. This is not Men in Black or Bayformers where the robots/aliens can walk scott free after wrecking a city and the authorities & people do all the rebuilding to keep the secret.

Oh yeah, and Affleck better act like his and his whole family's life depends on it . Or at least do it like Heath .
Old 2013-08-24, 19:50   Link #51
tenchimoon

The internet shit the bed when Heath Ledger was announced as Joker.

Michael Keaton created an uproar BEFORE THE INTERNET EXISTED if you can believe that when he was announced.

They both did fine he will too

Ironic how his commentary is being applied himself now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI7As3rOogo
Old 2013-08-24, 21:41   Link #52
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Ben Affleck as a superhero again nooooooo dont you remember Daredevil
Old 2013-08-24, 22:04   Link #53
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I've seen this on Facebook but don't get it. Who is that?

Duh, it's about Loki! How else do you think he has so many fangirls?
Read the text XD
Old 2013-08-24, 22:43   Link #54
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Read the text XD
Unless that's supposed to be Ben Affleck himself... reading the text does nothing. And if it's Ben Affleck, I see no humor in that image.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 00:09   Link #55
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I guess another way to explain the presence of Batman in Man of Steel 2, is to ensure Batman and Superman become acquainted with each other before the Justice League film. Thus the Justice League film itself would only have to focus on introducing Wonderwoman, while having Superman and Batman as supporting roles.
Old 2013-08-25, 02:03   Link #56
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If I recall correctly, whenever there is a Superman-Batman crossover prior to them being a formal Justice League, Superman generally plays second to Batman.

Why you might ask? Because usually you have to make Superman, the more or less all powerful and invincible hero, somehow be down on Batman's level. Batman, the mostly normal human that has a lot of toys and a disciplined mind. So most have it be a Superman story were Batman is the main guest star and will overshadow Superman for a bunch of the story. Superman is still the hero because eventually there will be situations that require someone who can benchpress a skyscrapper or toss a rocketship into the sun, or safely land a crashing airliner. Things Batman has trouble with.
Old 2013-08-25, 02:17   Link #57
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If I recall correctly, whenever there is a Superman-Batman crossover prior to them being a formal Justice League, Superman generally plays second to Batman.

Why you might ask? Because usually you have to make Superman, the more or less all powerful and invincible hero, somehow be down on Batman's level. Batman, the mostly normal human that has a lot of toys and a disciplined mind. So most have it be a Superman story were Batman is the main guest star and will overshadow Superman for a bunch of the story. Superman is still the hero because eventually there will be situations that require someone who can benchpress a skyscrapper or toss a rocketship into the sun, or safely land a crashing airliner. Things Batman has trouble with.
As I implied in the past, what you say is true; but that can be remedied in this film by simply making it solely from Superman's point of view. Batman can do most of the work, and yet still be a Superman movie, if we follow Superman exclusively. So that we only know what Superman knows.
Old 2013-08-25, 06:51   Link #58
Triple_R
*Author

I read that Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor.

Anybody here watch Breaking Bad? If so, do you think Cranston will make a good Luthor? At least he's bald enough for the role.
Old 2013-08-25, 06:59   Link #59
SummeryDreams

Why batman? Should have been Ironman instead. I dunno, but there seems to be a great mismatch with the powers both have. Batman will turnout to be just his sidekick if this happens.
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 07:13   Link #60
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
Why batman? Should have been Ironman instead. I dunno, but there seems to be a great mismatch with the powers both have. Batman will turnout to be just his sidekick if this happens.
Batman is a better detective than Superman. He's better at James Bond-esque stuff than Superman is. And Lex Luthor is like a Bond villain on loads and loads of steroids.

So if the script is well-written, I'm sure they can believably have Batman bring something of value to the table.