AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 29 33.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 33.72%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 20.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-04, 21:34   Link #41
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

There is something I want to point out. When Karen said "Some kids went to Kaiki for help, not knowing he was the source of the rumours." "And when they tried to get the money, he demanded they be arrested for shoplifting." It was an error.

What she was actually saying was that when the kids tried to get the money in order to pay him for whatever reason, they had to resort to stealing and it caused some of them to be arrested for shoplifting. He didn't demand anyone to be arrested.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 21:49   Link #42
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ eh!? I am confused, didn't he say that they tried to pay him by stealing? That's what I remember... could be wrong, though... however excellent Kaiki's scene was done, can not take my mind of my favourite character's brand new tricks
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 21:59   Link #43
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Regardless of whether or not Araragi is a siscon or not (Really he isn't), I still do not see how the scene of him wiping down his own sister like that is supposed to come off as tasteful . It's just totally unnecessary. If they want to give fanservice of Karen, there are better ways than that . Brothers and sisters are NOT that loose with each other.

Anyways other than that annoyance, episode was pretty good. I wish nise didn't turn up the fanservice levels to such an annoying level in general. I didn't quite feel this way during Bake, but watching Nise makes me feel like I have to take a shower after almost every episode.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 22:21   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Excellent episode. I was put off by ep2, which seemed like pure exploitation, but since then I have liked every ep.

Good seiyuu work all round, but I have one thing to say: Miki Shinichirou (Kaiki) is great!
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 22:32   Link #45
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Regardless of whether or not Araragi is a siscon or not (Really he isn't), I still do not see how the scene of him wiping down his own sister like that is supposed to come off as tasteful . It's just totally unnecessary. If they want to give fanservice of Karen, there are better ways than that . Brothers and sisters are NOT that loose with each other.

Anyways other than that annoyance, episode was pretty good. I wish nise didn't turn up the fanservice levels to such an annoying level in general. I didn't quite feel this way during Bake, but watching Nise makes me feel like I have to take a shower after almost every episode.
No.....he most definitely is a lolicon, siscon and probably into necrophilia as well when you think about Mayoi.
Old 2012-02-04, 22:37   Link #46
leorodri100

i want more karen...!!

Quote:
There we go...its just 2D dude

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-02-04 at 23:10. Reason: Please don't double-post
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 22:42   Link #47
Malkuth
Banned

Koyomi is just close with his sisters, in a non-H way, as for Mayoi necrophilia she is a ghost... no corporal decaying / rigor mortis cadaver to exercise that pervetion

As for pedo, dunno, IRL I think pedos are not attracted to their preys' physique, since there isn't any to speak of, but rather to the gullibility of young girls when courted by all those upstanding members of your societies In any case Koyomi does not fit the real-life profile, rather what haters wish an easy target was to bash and bark at

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-02-05 at 07:18. Reason: pointless bit removed
Old 2012-02-04, 22:47   Link #48
leorodri100

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
No.....he most definitely is a lolicon, siscon and probably into necrophilia as well when you think about Mayoi.
araragi creeps me out some times...but i'm mostly sure he is a lolicon and siscon...necrophilia...ah i guess mayoi is a exeption

for those waiting for hitagi...i'm not sure she will appear but i think she won't. nisemono is about shinobu and the fire sisters after all

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-02-04 at 23:10. Reason: please don't double post
Old 2012-02-04, 22:56   Link #49
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I don't think so... Tsubasa obviously can use her body to get anyone, but this is definitely what wants to attract Koyomi to her. This is also the reason she is not so bothered by Hitagi, since Koyomi's attraction to her is mainly because of her apparent weakness/uselessness, and that's also not a way she does not want to be looked at, especially by Koyomi.
What? The main reason why Tsubasa's kaii side manifested in Bakemonogatari was because she was bothered by Koyomi and Hitagi's relationship but couldn't bring herself to admit it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 22:58   Link #50
leorodri100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What? The main reason why Tsubasa's kaii side manifested in Bakemonogatari was because she was bothered by Koyomi and Hitagi's relationship but couldn't bring herself to admit it.
more like all of her stress was thanks to that.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:09   Link #51
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
more like all of her stress was thanks to that.
IMHO or rather understanding, Hitagi x Koyomi was the superficial excuse for the Meddlesome Cat to take control... Tsubasa is much more self-centered to be bothered by the likes of chicks as Hitagi

For Tsubasa the fear of losing a friend is greater than the plausible reality that she has no available lover... after all the only thing she needs to do to get the second is to give a ticket without sharp remarks, and Hitagi has right then and there lost... but she does not want that to begin with; at this point Koyomi is good enough only for Hitagi/Nadeko-caliber girls, not for Tsubasa, she needs a lot more, and that's the main reason for her stress and all the pretense... always IMHO
Old 2012-02-04, 23:14   Link #52
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
There we go...its just 2D dude
Cool. I didn't know that. I'll make sure to check in with you when I move to a higher plane of dimension in my visual entertainment.

Quote:
Well the idea was that he wasn't getting flustered during that scene with his sister. If that was happening I most certainly would have shut the episode down.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:18   Link #53
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Cool. I didn't know that. I'll make sure to check in with you when I move to a higher plane of dimension in my visual entertainment.

Well the idea was that he wasn't getting flustered during that scene with his sister. If that was happening I most certainly would have shut the episode down.
Why would he be fluster? He is such a siscon that he believes what he is doing is natural. Would someone be fluster when breathing?
Old 2012-02-04, 23:21   Link #54
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Why would he be fluster? He is such a siscon that he believes what he is doing is natural. Would someone be fluster when breathing?
For the same reason he would be when he was with Hitagi or Kanbaru.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:30   Link #55
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@Romanticide: I am pretty sure that's not how it works
I'm sorry if i sounded rude or anything to you and Clarste (and if i still do) but Shinobu is a energy draining vampire, what she did with Black Hanekawa was drain the energy so BH could be contained, not killed. She'd most likely have to kill Tsubasa, that stress won't go away that easily. Though i'm wondering if either of you go to the LN thread much/discuss things with Omi and Shiki?
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 23:33   Link #56
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Glad to see the sisters have a cute side too....

Damn cliffhanger, I don't know how I'm going to hold out for another week....
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 23:41   Link #57
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Ok, lets see the definition of a siscon first. According to the urbandictionary, siscon is: A person with an unusually strong and probably sexual attachment to their sister. Japanese wiki (because english one didn't have one) says: Someone who holds a strong affection, love, attachment, etc to (one's) sister. From what I've seen so far Araragi's love for his sisters is hardly enough to warrant him the title 'siscon,' and I can be sure that he's not interested in her sexually in any way. If Araragi's love for his sister can be called siscon, then nearly every brothers who has sisters can be called siscon. So I say he's not a siscon, though but its certainly debatable.

I also think that the sweat wiping down scene was over the bounds of sister-brother relationship. It just doesn't happen, and it was awkward to watch it happen. I myself have a very good relationship with my sister (yes, a imouto), and I still would think twice before doing such a thing. In Araragi's case, there was younger sister as well as Hanekawa to do that for Karen. But I'm just gonna stop there, because I know there are tons of people who will claim that it was completely natural blah blah blah.
Old 2012-02-05, 00:08   Link #58
leorodri100

you guys making such a fuss about 2D incest lol...
Old 2012-02-05, 00:26   Link #59
Clarste
Human

I think it does seem pretty unnatural for siblings, but there are several things in the episode that sort of justify it. Sort of.

A) The Araragi household seems pretty casual about nudity. Karen apparently exercises in her underwear and Araragi has a long conversation with Tsukihi while wearing nothing but a bath towel. Also, she barged into his bath without knocking and did not expect to be reprimanded for it (as opposed to simply not caring about the scolding).

B) Karen did instinctively attack him even after accepting the offer to be wiped down. It's unclear what would have happened if she hadn't accepted. Anyway, she was clearly pretty uncomfortable with it until she started talking about "serious business". I can sort of relate to that by strange analogy: recently I had to get a medical exam in a rather private area and it was done by a female nurse. I was uncomfortable until I started talking to her which allowed me to ignore the fact that she was groping my genitals for 15 minutes. Note that she's giving a long monologue instead of actually talking to Koyomi. It's easier to ignore things that way.

C) Araragi is thinking of this as a matter of life and death. While the show has been making a big deal of the fact that he treats his sisters differently from how he treats others, as we've seen with Hanekawa in episode 13 of Bake he values the safety of those he cares about more than their feelings about him. The situations and relationships are quite different, but he's definitely the kind of person willing to be hated to do what he thinks is necessary, much moreso than other people. So he would have less hesitation than normal.

Last edited by Clarste; 2012-02-05 at 00:41.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 00:34   Link #60
leorodri100

i'm not sure about B) but i think A and C are correct