Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-10-24, 17:34   Link #261
wombface
Honorary Junior Deputy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Was it the conquerors haki which pushed back Caesar at the end?
No, I think it was just "extra effort" added in

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
That is not really the important thing in that scene. I think it was actually to show what the Gas can do: Turning normal fruits into devil fruits. This means that one tiny fruit out there is not relevant if you can create HUNDRETS of devil fruits with that gas!
As I understand it, the creature smiley was a gas that had "eaten" a fruit. It was an object with a df ability, like the elephant-sword Funkfreed in the water 7 arc. Caesar somehow got a gas to have a df power, and that power gave him life- his df by the way was the sara sara no mi, the salamander fruit.

When Caesar gave Smiley his candy, it caused Smiley to lose his devil fruit power, and he turned back into a gas which spread across the island. The devil fruit then remanifested itself in the closest fruit, which turned out to be an apple. Thats why only one apple in the cart changed to a devil fruit, as there can only be one of each devil fruit in existence at a time (as far as we know, although it may be possible to artificially copy a devil fruit, idk). Bottom line: if you ate that one, you'd be a salamander. salamanders aren't necessarily jellin' with the ladies, so not my cup of tea.

Last edited by wombface; 2013-10-24 at 17:45.
wombface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 15:33   Link #262
mrShady

There wasn't a struggle in the manga.....
Caesar saw the attack coming, starts crying like a baby and tries to make a deal only to be sent flying. Not actually matching Luffy's attack. So I don't know what the anime team is thinking but this is just makes it look like Luffy had a hard time.

The overall pacing of the episode was piss poor as well, whoever is in charge of this should be fired.

Last edited by mrShady; 2013-10-25 at 16:29.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:08   Link #263
animeisinteresting

Just got around to watching episode 598. Sanji in Nami's body is hilarious. LOL!
animeisinteresting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:28   Link #264
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeisinteresting View Post
Just got around to watching episode 598. Sanji in Nami's body is hilarious. LOL!
Not for Nami it isn't. And she might haunt you for it.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 04:17   Link #265
7runks
SSJ7
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
There wasn't a struggle in the manga.....
Caesar saw the attack coming, starts crying like a baby and tries to make a deal only to be sent flying. Not actually matching Luffy's attack. So I don't know what the anime team is thinking but this is just makes it look like Luffy had a hard time.

The overall pacing of the episode was piss poor as well, whoever is in charge of this should be fired.
I guess they are taking their time since the anime is close to the manga now and we have been some weeks without the manga and that made it even closer. I have to admit I do hate the slow pace and drama on the anime too. Luffy fighting hody was the same, sad anime directors need to put this melancholic drama.
7runks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 08:53   Link #266
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7runks View Post
I guess they are taking their time since the anime is close to the manga now and we have been some weeks without the manga and that made it even closer. I have to admit I do hate the slow pace and drama on the anime too. Luffy fighting hody was the same, sad anime directors need to put this melancholic drama.
I know, but it's just so infuriating especially if they mess with the fights (this fight in particular since the message should be that when Luffy get's serious Caesar is like fodder to him).
Not that me complaining about it helps, still I hope the anime only viewers realize that the anime team likes to dramatize by adding non-canon stuff.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 11:30   Link #267
ookamigirl

Wonder if and how are they gonna change Momonosuke into a child again.
It was nice to see all of them reunited.
Luffy can be so stubborn sometimes..
Things are moving forward and more off the island.
New characters should make things lively again.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 18:48   Link #268
Bronlonious
Fresh from da Womb

No but seriously this Punk Hazard arc is turning into bullshit. Who the fuck are Donflamingo's assassin's? They're worse than Crocodile's gang of miscreants.
Whatever, I hope it returns but like.. Who's writing One Piece after the inevitable happens?
Bronlonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 19:13   Link #269
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronlonious View Post
No but seriously this Punk Hazard arc is turning into bullshit. Who the fuck are Donflamingo's assassin's? They're worse than Crocodile's gang of miscreants.
You'll find out in the next arc. That's all I can say.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 02:52   Link #270
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
On the positive Franky fighting against those two trying to recover Caesar was pretty entertaining. Just both sides randomly encountering each other and going at it. Does seem like that missile attack at least knocked Franky around a bit.

Things certainly wrapping up with a bang in this arc. I'd completely forgotten that Caesar even had Smoker's heart at this point. Have a massive explosion to deal with on top of it all. Though this might certainly be a good chance for Zoro to steal that fire cutting technique since right now the current user got himself trapped in gas...

Do wonder how it will all wrap up. They will probably recover Caesar which could push this new alliance to go after them since otherwise SAD will just fall back into Joker's hands. What an organization though. No hesitation at all to sacrifice two powerful members in Vergo and Monet, and no hesitation from Monet to sacrifice herself either.

Will say I hope they find a way to spread things out. Either do a good long filler or take a break. The series has really hurt itself dragging everything out so much.
Old 2013-11-03, 07:23   Link #271
ookamigirl

So it's time for Franky to shine.
It's been quite a while since we saw him in action.
His ingenuity amazes me every time.
Also, it's very practical that he's a robot.
I really hope they'll get the kids off the island soon.
They've spent more than enough time there.
Looks like this arc is almost over.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-11-04, 12:27   Link #272
JonSnow

That's the Franky Shogun for ya!
Old 2013-11-05, 15:47   Link #273
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombface View Post
No, I think it was just "extra effort" added in

Hmm i see, that extra effort did create shockwaves of some sort, nice extra effort though hahaha
Old 2013-11-06, 18:38   Link #274
Bronlonious
Fresh from da Womb

That last episode wasn't bad! Serious improvement over the awful dialogue from last episode between the assassin's, and it was kind of thrilling/unexpected how Caesar and Monet ended the episode. Looking forward to how fast they actually move on from the island.
Bronlonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 04:51   Link #275
JemmyRuna
JemmyRuna

*I apologise for any incorrect Romaji spelling in my message below, please do correct my misspellings =D*

I gotta be honest, I love One Piece so much! I'm quite enjoying the Punk Hazard arc, it felt like the Kyojin-to arc took forever and we didn't really get to see how strong the Mugiwara kaizokudan really got! The only thing I have to complain about is how each episode is so dragged out!

But I cannot honestly complain because I know they're making sure the anime doesn't catch up to the manga anytime soon, meaning less filler arcs. I hate fillers because generally they're stupid - they've been ok in One Piece but only because they've been about 5 episodes long, not very much longer! (I'll be honest, Bleach caused me to hate fillers so much)

I'm super excited for the next episode *as always*

Do you guys think the heart Ceasar had was really Smoker's? I feel like it had to be Monet's!
JemmyRuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 23:15   Link #276
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep620:
Old 2013-11-10, 04:47   Link #277
ookamigirl

Gave myself time to watch the full OP today.
I usually just skip that part.
Must admit the music is perfect and intro is really nice.
The plot this time wasn't much.
Mostly just switching from characters to characters.
Next episode looks promising though.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-11-10, 11:27   Link #278
Kavaron

I really like this arc and I prefer the slow pace than the fillers. I just watch once a month 4-5 episodes together than watching 10 mins of action every week. I really can't believe how good one piece still is even after 600 episodes.

As far as 620 I can't believe Flamingo is going to the island to retrieve Caesar. I am sure the straw hats are no match for him and I hope they get away before he arrives.
Kavaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 16:03   Link #279
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

600 plus episodes and we FINALLY get to see this guy in true action...I can't remember what his power is but I remember it being pretty ghey...Nevertheless the Engrish named character "Do" don't call me "Don" Don Quixote DoFlamingo will finally begin the arduous steps that will eventually and ultimately end in a Luffy victory...Been intrigued with this dude since the Crocodile arc, should be fun...
Old 2013-11-14, 14:20   Link #280
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavaron View Post
I really like this arc and I prefer the slow pace than the fillers. I just watch once a month 4-5 episodes together than watching 10 mins of action every week. I really can't believe how good one piece still is even after 600 episodes.
I'd rather deal with Filler. Everytime i decide to watch an anime episode to see how they adapted the manga I find myself just skipping through the episode because they milk every scene. The slow pace of the episode makes it so very little gets done, and it really hampers down the action. Kind of annoying to watch something take a minute to happen when we are in the middle of what's supposed to be a quick paced action sequence; honestly they can't even seem to add all that much filler to the fight scenes, so we can try to keep the fast pace action. This most recent episode was especially guilty since they milked those scenes so long... at first i'm like "this is really moving" but then i stopped caring half-way through, with my mind just yelling "ok i get it, this is sad. Get on with it!"

I'd rather deal with non-canon filler if it meant getting well-paced canon. The filler can usually be miss more than hit, but its worth it if i can get the maximum amount of enjoyment out of the material that actually matters. With the slow pace, even the really great canon material is reduced to a more mediocre status. Everything takes so much longer than it should that it gets boring... Ya the filler might be bad, but atleast then we would get GREAT episodes; instead of just getting nothing but mediocre episodes.

Heck and the filler doesn't even NEED to be bad. All these companies need to do is get some decent writers of their own. They even ask oda to just give them a few ideas plot lines and villains to use, since he seems to like working with the anime crew... honestly, the arc where the crew all got separated amounted to like i month of filler, but with a little creativity that could have had like a year of episodes where we followed each strawhat on their own personal adventure (each strawhat getting like 5 episodes each). Witha decent writer, it could have been a lot of fun.

There is no such thing as bad filler, only bad writers. You get a decent writers, and you get decent fillers. Filler let's the anime keep going without catching up to the mange; decent writers allow the anime to stay entertaining; and the canon episodes are created with the quality they deserve. Everybody wins.