AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 3 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 29.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 41.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 8.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-02, 02:32   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:04   Link #2
justsomeguy

I read the first series years ago, so I had not fear that this would not be worthy of the Fate/Series. In fact, it's my favorite because it's not pretentious, while keeping the same characters and references to the rest of Type Moon verse as well as other mahou shoujo series. From what I remember of the manga, Silver Link's adaptation was faithful, if a bit short. I think stretching the show by one more episode would have been enough time to cover the few skipped scenes. Everything after the fantastic Saber battle was a bit anticlimactic, but then again a straight adaptation of the manga, so no serious criticisms there. The story was not all that, but I know the meat is coming in Zwei, so can't find fault there either.

9/10. Turned out to be my favorite of the season. Not that I didn't expect it, but when it came to managing story, themes, and characters, all of the other one-cour shows I watched this season had major failings this did not.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 05:51   Link #3
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

This anime just restored some of my wish for a good Mahou Shoujo anime

and of course with Fate's background, this anime is easily become my favorite

I love most of the characters like Irisviel, Rin, Luvia, Illya, and Miyu...
but we clearly need a season 2 to give a complete review about this anime

8/10 from me to this series
great animation though
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 02:11   Link #4
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Gotta say that while I am not a big fan of the Fate series in general (not bad, just not really interesting for me) this series was kinda cute. I was finally able to finish it recently, and definitely enjoyed it as a good mahou shoujo series. ^^

Kinda curious about s2....
Old 2014-02-24, 23:10   Link #5
Bdoom12

This is the second magical girl anime I have ever enjoyed,(the first being madoka magica). I found it immensly enjoyable. It was fantastic.

Season 2 is currently my second mosy anticipated anime of 2014, the first being ufotable stay night.
Bdoom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 15:44   Link #6
Eragon
Still Alive

I dropped this show when it came out upon seeing Shiro's face in the first 5 min.

That was a terrible mistake. This is the 2nd straight Magical Girl show I have absolutely loved (PMM being the first). The comedy was hilarious, the animation was beautiful, the characters were awesome and the fight scenes were sensational. That battle of Archer-Illiya and Saber Alter - Bah Gawd!! That was Fate Zero levels of awesomeness.

I had hoped that they would drop the "friends" shtick by now and grown a backbone. Meh. The writers do a terrible job of portraying their relationship as anything other than romantic - I kind of feel weird saying that about elementary students but, whatever Myu's behavior at the end pretty much confirms it.

All in all, 9/10. Now, onto second season.
Old 2014-08-07, 16:08   Link #7
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I had hoped that they would drop the "friends" shtick by now and grown a backbone. Meh. The writers do a terrible job of portraying their relationship as anything other than romantic - I kind of feel weird saying that about elementary students but, whatever Myu's behavior at the end pretty much confirms it.
That's actually the point. 100% intentional (at least on Miyu's end) by the author.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 16:22   Link #8
Eragon
Still Alive

Hmm, is that so. I guess this show is better in that, at least there is no ambiguity about their relationship among their friends, at least.