AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-27, 21:44   Link #801
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Won't be licensed unless Satelight and Big West sue Harmony Gold over distribution. Would be a distinct possibility, but the music is licensed by yet another corporation. The problem with Macross is that its always multi-licensed, more complicated than most anime out there. Then again, its music also goes on charts, which is what other anime can seldom accomplish.

On the other hand, there will be a movie.

- Tak
I think the music problem only happened with M7. I don't believe that they used any of the songs from M7 so that shouldn't be a problem
Old 2008-09-27, 21:52   Link #802
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I think the music problem only happened with M7. I don't believe that they used any of the songs from M7 so that shouldn't be a problem
They'll need to mute the background audio tracks used when Ozma was playing Fire Bomber while in his car/room then.
Old 2008-09-27, 21:59   Link #803
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Macross: Do you remember love?

Oh yes, yes I do. Still one of the greatest moments in anime ever in my opinion. But it's also kind of funny how this war-like, gigantic race got beaten by a pop singer in a cute outfit. Well, that's Macross for you.

But didn't ADV put out a new release of the non-Robotech Macross series? I would like to think that a Macross Frontier US release has a good chance of happening. Considering all the issues involved, it would probably take some time though, even if it were possible.

Here's a good place to start reading up on the legalities:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=164

It's a very sticky situation trying to obtain any Macross Series after the original. The very last Macross series to see US domestic waters is Macross Plus (and that was Manga Entertainment).

Companies since that series, have been trying to bring over other Macross incarnations but have failed.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-09-27, 22:05   Link #804
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Unfortunately, songs in Macross Frontier are licensed separately as well. There is that issue.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-27, 22:08   Link #805
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Woot slowpoke to the party...

LOL.... and when i saw the sheryl social group's message (/rage) I assumed that it was ranka end. Who would have thought XD
Old 2008-09-27, 22:11   Link #806
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
The only reason I give this episode a nine out of ten instead of a perfect ten: the goddamn love triangle ends on an ambiguous note!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KAWAMORI YOU TROLL!!!!

SEQUEL NAO!
Old 2008-09-27, 22:12   Link #807
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
But didn't ADV put out a new release of the non-Robotech Macross series? I would like to think that a Macross Frontier US release has a good chance of happening. Considering all the issues involved, it would probably take some time though, even if it were possible.
Because the distribution rights of SDFM (and SDFM only) went to Tatsunoko and by extension Harmony Gold. The ADV release was through that sublicense.

I don't quite get the current "no US anime company has the resources to license Macross" reason. Why the special case for Macross, compared to similar flagship titles with lots of music like Gundam?

Also couldn't Bandai Visual distribute it themselves if they wanted?
Old 2008-09-27, 22:13   Link #808
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
I don't quite get the current "no US anime company has the resources to license Macross" reason. Why the special case for Macross, compared to similar flagship titles with lots of music like Gundam?
Gundam's music go through a single license. Macross' does not. Mac 7 and this recent one all went through several channels. Macross Frontier's music I believe, belongs to JVC, who supported in the production.

Its not difficult to tell, Gundam's music (such as those in SEED or 00) is just shabby compared to Mac F. In Gundam, you get a tiny, one-room studio. In Macross Frontier (and Plus), you get a fucking orchestra.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-27, 22:16   Link #809
kamikazex

def my favorite series this season. not a bad way to end it
Old 2008-09-27, 22:21   Link #810
Ottocycle

Quote:

Also couldn't Bandai Visual distribute it themselves if they wanted?
Not to mention that Harmony Gold has already thrown down the gauntlet with the commitment to bring litigation to any US company who dares 'copy' their Robotech label. The legal costs won't be cheap if that happens.

And what Tak said. Gundam doesn't have songstresses saving the world you know.
Old 2008-09-27, 22:26   Link #811
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Not to mention that Harmony Gold has already thrown down the gauntlet with the commitment to bring litigation to any US company who dares 'copy' their Robotech label. The legal costs won't be cheap if that happens.
Judging by the decision made in 2004, HG and Tatsu both owns the distribution, or economic rights to the original SDFM. However, it has nothing on its character designs, mechanics and other associated media. The rights are concerned with that sole series alone. Thus Tatsu would not be able to interfere with other Macross productions and associated merchandise.

If Big West and associates decide to release the series statewide, they can easily bring the 2004 court decision to HG's attention. As of now, HG does not interfere with selling Macross toys stateside, but a separate Mac series aside from II and PLUS have yet to arrive.

- Tak

Old 2008-09-27, 22:51   Link #812
Kushi

OMG. I loved this episode, the only thing I hated is how he didn't use between sheryl or ranka, harem end ftw. Anyways iunno I have to admit this series was amazing and having an end like that didn't make it bad or anything what so ever, excellent series, probably the best action anime I've seen for ages. 10 out of 10
Old 2008-09-27, 22:57   Link #813
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
OMG. I loved this episode, the only thing I hated is how he didn't use between sheryl or ranka, harem end ftw. Anyways iunno I have to admit this series was amazing and having an end like that didn't make it bad or anything what so ever, excellent series, probably the best action anime I've seen for ages. 10 out of 10
Is that CC on the signature there? Damn, she is freaky with lipsticks on.

Well, I am bracing myself for an epic end that is very dissimilar to that of Frontier's end. After the train wreck starting for Episode 19, I can only wait to see what they are going to pull next...

- Tak

Old 2008-09-28, 00:26   Link #814
ingandeul
What is Apple?

Definitely a feel good episode. Though I wanted some closure on the whole love triangle, I guess we can't have everything the way we want it. I do have one question for the Macross veterans. Though I can sort of see why Macross City (Earth) was shown but why was Macross 11 shown? I definitely am missing something.

Disappointed in SQE.
Old 2008-09-28, 00:30   Link #815
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingandeul View Post
Definitely a feel good episode. Though I wanted some closure on the whole love triangle, I guess we can't have everything the way we want it. I do have one question for the Macross veterans. Though I can sort of see why Macross City (Earth) was shown but why was Macross 11 shown? I definitely am missing something.
Macross 11 is exploring the rim of the Galaxy. Frontier was near the center. It just goes to show how far reaching and instantaneous the reach of the Vajra could have been.
Old 2008-09-28, 00:53   Link #816
ingandeul
What is Apple?

ahhh I see. That's cool. Rim of the galaxy huh...wonder how many years it will take for us to reach that sky.

Disappointed in SQE.
Old 2008-09-28, 01:36   Link #817
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingandeul View Post
ahhh I see. That's cool. Rim of the galaxy huh...wonder how many years it will take for us to reach that sky.
That is assuming if we don't blow ourselves away first.
Old 2008-09-28, 02:17   Link #818
grss1982

Quote:
Hikaru salutes Misa on the Macross Bridge in battroid mode just before sortieing on the final bombing run inside the Gorg Boddole Zer Fortress while Minmay sings.
Its was more like an assasination though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
btw. regarding Bilrer and the picture of Minmay
Spoiler for Bilrer:
I'm thinking that's not Bretai.

But anyways....someone posted over at MW that summed it up pretty best about what Mr. Bilrer symbolizes. That poster stated that Mr. Bilrer is actually the Macross fans, who have sought answers about Minmay's fate post SW1. Its like Shohi Kawamori, as a way of acknowleding those fans is saying: "YES, guys I know you want to know what happened to her and Megaroad-1."

Last edited by grss1982; 2008-09-28 at 03:16. Reason: Edited for Credits
Old 2008-09-28, 02:50   Link #819
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
I'm thinking that's not Bretai.

But anyways....I posted over at MW summed it up pretty best about what Mr. Bilrer symbolizes. That poster stated that Mr. Bilrer is actually the Macross fans, who have sought answers about Minmay's fate post SW1. Its like Shohi Kawamori, as a way of acknowleding those fans is saying: "YES, guys I know you want to know what happened to her and Megaroad-1."
Pretty much.

Bilrer = biggest Minmei otaku ever.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-28, 03:20   Link #820
Casshern

I don't get it. Grace sais this is the ultimate in human evolution. Are we to understand that the ultimate in human evolution, according to Grace, is for Grace herself to control the galaxy while wiping out the rest of human kind?

Last edited by Casshern; 2008-09-28 at 05:30.
Closed Thread