AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-18, 13:09   Link #61
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Penile ankylosis. Does this mean that next ep's patient has an erectile dysfunction? He was walking at a 90 degree angle in the first episode.
Old 2009-10-18, 14:52   Link #62
Theowne
耳をすませば

It was okay. I wasn't swept away by the "artistic" nature, which makes me think it was trying too hard. And when I look underneath the surface, I don't think the story or substance was too compelling. But I'll give it an additional shot next week.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-10-18, 15:28   Link #63
Kadrias

...Well, that was interesting! 8D
But I must admit I'm not entirely sure what happened..
Doctor is amusin', though~ And like others here, I think I like his chibi form best. XD That bear-head thing or whatever kinda creeps me out, hahah
Old 2009-10-18, 20:37   Link #64
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Now this is an interesting show. Doesn't seem to be particularly deep right now but I'd watch it just because of the ~wack~ element. And the general theme gives it a chance to touch deeper subjects in the future.

Also, I want some of that they're smoking.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2009-10-18, 21:03   Link #65
Raiga
tl;dr

Well I had to check out the weird experimental show of the season.

Not quite sure what happened this episode. I mean, I get it, and then I don't really get it. XD I'll give it a few more to see where it goes. Probably end up watching it all anyway.

Seeing 3-D fanservice in anime felt... disorienting.
Old 2009-10-18, 21:11   Link #66
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Well I had to check out the weird experimental show of the season.

Not quite sure what happened this episode. I mean, I get it, and then I don't really get it. XD I'll give it a few more to see where it goes. Probably end up watching it all anyway.

Seeing 3-D fanservice in anime felt... disorienting.
I was laughing at the 3D fanservice. It got the guy into the office and kept him still for the injection. The doc getting off on seeing the injection was even better.

I got the basics. The guy had a generalized anxiety disorder based on the fact that his partner was new so he wasn't getting close enough to get caught. His disorder was based on the fact that as a child it was hard for him to make friends because he wasn't in one place for long periods and got picked on. He compensated by blaming others including his new partner, Ali.

What I wasn't getting was the reason for the transformation from chibi to adult. But maybe at some point the manga novel people could enlighten us if the series doesn't explain it.
Old 2009-10-18, 21:14   Link #67
Kadrias

Manga? I thought this was based off a novel? owo
Old 2009-10-18, 21:18   Link #68
orion

OP says novel. My mistake.
Old 2009-10-18, 21:30   Link #69
solomon

It can still get better. It is kinda overbearing, but it just needs a little more grounding is all.

The next episode should be interesting, could go in interesting directions (no pun intended)
Old 2009-10-18, 21:40   Link #70
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
It can still get better. It is kinda overbearing, but it just needs a little more grounding is all.

The next episode should be interesting, could go in interesting directions (no pun intended)
It can only go up from here.

(pun intended)
Old 2009-10-18, 21:45   Link #71
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

So if I puff a bit of weed and write a novel, I could win a prize too?

The anime was a trip.
Old 2009-10-18, 21:56   Link #72
solomon

Now Now, I can't comment on Okuda's original book.

I have a feeling that a lot of that craziness is really from the anime version. Not sure about the play version (must see Eriko Sato as Mayumi, mmmm).

I doubt the drama was nearly this looney toony.
Old 2009-10-19, 00:59   Link #73
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
It was okay. I wasn't swept away by the "artistic" nature, which makes me think it was trying too hard. And when I look underneath the surface, I don't think the story or substance was too compelling. But I'll give it an additional shot next week.
There pal, ye be my speaker.

On another note, the entire episode is just an endless parade of WTF, but especially the ... injection ... part. Where on earth they got that idea?
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
Old 2009-10-19, 01:29   Link #74
BakaOnna

I quite liked the first episode. It made me laugh, mostly from the absurdness of things.

I actually have a theory on Dr. Irabu's 3 personas. This is still very earlier to judge, but this is how I thought of it. I think each one represents the Id, Ego, and Superego, respectively. The form in the bear/mouse suit is probably the Id, since he's the one that presumably has the injection fetish and wanted coffee (since Id represents primitive desires like sex, food, water, etc.). The shota one is Superego since he appears often when talking with the patient, focuses on the patient and seems serious (critical and moralizing), and the one in the glasses with long hair is Ego, since it acts the most "normal" of the three and acts pretty neutral (ego acts as a mediator between Id and Superego).

Of course, this is a bit stretching it and as I said ealier, too early to judge. But considering how much this series focuses on psychology, it seems logical. Freudian psychology, yeah, but still psychology. It's also funny how I'm taking Abnormal Psych right now and I just learned about GAD.
Old 2009-10-19, 06:01   Link #75
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

^

Sounds pretty reasonable to me, but I would not be surprised if they threw in some curveballs there. It'd be disappointing if every episode was a rote 'patient of the week' show with no discernible twists and turns in some overarching story.

I didn't think this show nearly gave me the 'too artsy' goosebumps of something like Bakemonogatari. This show actually does it not to pussyfoot around with the animation, but to actually make it look quirky as a whole. I just hope this show doesn't forfeit having more animation just because it's based on a book. But the first episode seems reassuring, even though they use a lot of rotoscoping (real life imagery etched with art).
Old 2009-10-19, 09:50   Link #76
MidnightReverie
Senior Lurker

Irabu's three forms is entirely anime-original. In the novel he's really just a 35 (38?) year old, childish, fat guy. I just wonder what significance the animals and animal heads have... and the bear doll.

The stories are episodic (only read the first novel, can't say for the other two), but what I like about the anime is that it all stories take place between the 17th of December and Christmas and characters can also appear in other episodes. If I'm not mistaken the last episode will air on Christmas.

I do wonder how much will overlap and whether the 11th episode will be adapted from the book or become an anime original.

The author's first concern is 'to give the reader a good time' with Irabu's questionable methods and how the patients suffer through it. :P The first episode was relatively tame. Expect it to change soon, haha.
Old 2009-10-19, 11:18   Link #77
Ottocycle

I like this show's way of giving the next episode preview. With the first page of the next episode script!
Old 2009-10-19, 21:20   Link #78
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Just watched the first episode...
Liked it very much...
Remind me of some french animation i've watched few years ago...

Quite refreshing in the middle of moe-anime show...

So anyone knows what is the difference between anime and novel?
As i read some post above, those 3 Irabu is anime original, right?
Old 2009-10-19, 22:11   Link #79
Tragic
Stuck in Shitstorm
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Tragic
This show is pretty out there imo. The mix between 3D, animation, and the actual story are weird. What's up with the doctor changing between 3 "forms" all the time? (SMall looking kid, guy with glasses, bear mask..)
Old 2009-10-20, 06:10   Link #80
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Though the first episode's substance (or lack thereof) left me a little bit cold, I thought overall it was still pretty fun, and yes, absurd. I particularly love the OP; reminded me of Goblin Cat's.
Closed Thread

Tags
nakamura, noitamina