AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Umineko character(s)
Beatrice 240 41.96%
Bernkastel 154 26.92%
Lambdadelta 116 20.28%
Virgilia 123 21.50%
Ronove 144 25.17%
Gaap 59 10.31%
Lucifer 260 45.45%
Leviathan 180 31.47%
Satan 180 31.47%
Belphegor 240 41.96%
Mammon 261 45.63%
Beelzebub 153 26.75%
Asmodeus 161 28.15%
Siesta 45 123 21.50%
Siesta 410 73 12.76%
Siesta 00 38 6.64%
Sakutarou 79 13.81%
Eva Beatrice 88 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 572. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-11, 21:21   Link #21
battlebattler

Bernkastel: she is cruel but thats the way I like it

Lambdadelta: an interesting character

Ronove: he is currently my favourite butler of all time

Virgilia: at first I liked her then I disliked her ep4 but I started liking her in ep5 again

Beatrice: she is so mysterious
Old 2010-01-11, 21:57   Link #22
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Beato and Sakutaro. No reason needed.
Old 2010-01-11, 22:03   Link #23
KoiYuki

Beatrice - She's just an amazing character. Super complex, she's funny, tough, cruel, loving, and tragic. I really would love to see more of Beatrice, she might be my absolute favorite. I'm still debating that.

Bernkastel - I hate her in EP5, but excluding that.. I find her to be an interesting, subtle character. She clearly has a lot going on inside, but she's very calm and collected.

Lambdadelta - Adorable, evil, and goofy. If she weren't on the 'bad side', I'd probably like her a lot more. If I just take her character as its own thing, I find her to be compelling and nicely written.

Mammon - I love Mammon. She's so interesting, and seems to have the most developed personality of the Stakes.

Sakutarou - Just.. too adorable. ;w; Uryuu~!

Considered adding Lia and Gaap too, but didn't.
Old 2010-01-11, 22:04   Link #24
~Pyro~
Dimension Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nontype View Post
Also, Gaap and Ronove are 2 of the 72 demons mentioned in the Goetia, a real-life book of demon summoning (that doesn't actually do anything)
Also known as The Lesser Key of Solomon...
"The Lesser Key of Solomon or Clavicula Salomonis (the Clavis Salomonis, or Key of Solomon is an earlier book on the subject), is an anonymous 17th-century grimoire, and one of the most popular books of demonology. It has also long been widely known as the Lemegeton."
*sigh* Ryukishi07 is probably only going to use the demons from there, so I can give up my hope about Arioch being in Umineko... Well, maybe he will add Baal, the king of hell...

"Men make gods. The mind of Man is so powerful that it can make "real" anything it desperately needs to be real"
~Bowgentle, The Quest for Tanelorn, Michael Moorcock
Old 2010-01-12, 00:41   Link #25
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Beato, no question. Started off as a sadistic bitch (but a great villain because of it) but quickly became one of the most fascinating and endearing characters I've seen in a long time. It's been a great ride seeing all the sides of her character come through little by little so far, and I can't wait to see how it all ends. Clearly, she is a very tragic character, and the final ending is going to be bittersweet because we'll have to accept the death that she so yearns for. In the meantime, I'll continue watching her and how she develops as we make our way through Chiru.

I've said this before, but if not for Sayaka Ohara I definitely wouldn't like her as much as I do. I'm sure I would still have found her fascinating, but not to the level of favorite character...one of the only things I can thank the Anime for is the voice acting, because it honestly has enriched my experience and made me enjoy the franchise so much more. She seriously took the role and made it hers and I wouldn't be surprised if Beatrice turns out to be the highlight of her career in spite of being a rather mediocre and low-budget Anime. Her performance made Beatrice so much more fun, tragic, moe and sadistic all at once. Huge props to her for that.

Besides Beato, my favorite magical characters would have to be Ronove and Virgilia. It's a real shame the Anime got rid of all Virgilia's comic relief moments in EP4, because they really made me like her a lot more. And where would anyone be without a Bronove? My least favorites are Bern and Eva-Beatrice. Lambda...I'm kinda neutral on her, because it's like there are no secrets, and she is what she is and has always been. Bern is sneaky and deceptive and, well, a giant bitch. And Eva-B, well, that should go without saying. She's a character you're supposed to hate (though the people who like those sort of characters may like her, I'm not one of those people). Fantastic villain, though, and she fills her role in EP3 well.
Old 2010-01-12, 01:08   Link #26
LaplaceNoMa

BRonove for me. I don't think that I can use any words to describe the reason.
Old 2010-01-12, 01:17   Link #27
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Lambdadelta: I love her. They made a great job with her appearance, a bit short though. But her seiyuu *drools* And at least they put in most of ther Tsun~ moments.

Virgilia: Gapugapugapugapugapu, she was awesome. Sadly though, they left out alot of her jokes and funny scenes. But overall she was an interesting character, and I really liked her design.

Ronove: Ah, Bronove. Who doesn't love you and your perfect seiyuu?

Gaap: I loved the funny face they put on her, her seiyuu was a little dark for me, but it was really good when you got used to it. I also liked her design, and the fact that every time they drew her they had to like spen 1 h for her curls xD

Siesta 45:
They captured her character, that's why! A little too sweet voice for me though. But it did fit onto her anime design.

Siesta 410: I wasn't really a fan of her before, but the anime totally turned me around! I loved her design, voice, nyeh~ She's deifinitly one of my favorite characters from here on.

Eva Beatrice:
My Evatrice~ I love you~ But... I didn't really like Miki Ito for her seiyuu. Miki Ito is one of my favorite seiyuus but... She just didn't fit as Evatrice. Oh yea, and somehow DEEN made Evatrice much more evil, and much less moe in the anime. WHY?! WAI?! D: They left out all of her moe moments (Ya know... Except for the Evaspin) but still, I really liked her design in the anime, and they kept most of her appearances. So I'm happy about my favorite witch~ Except for... YEAAH
Old 2010-01-12, 01:29   Link #28
DannaXL

Beatrice , her's mysterious make me feel interested . I very like her while i saw her's beautiful . Althought her true name perhap isn't Beatrice , she doesn't know who is she
Old 2010-01-12, 21:52   Link #29
DizzyRoro

I voted for three characters:

Bernkastel - Although for the most part she seems quite melodramatic, and her appearances in the anime are few, she has a very strong 'feeling' about her. I believe those who need not make showy displays of their power are those who have the most control and mastery of them. Her detached attitude is a wonderful stretch from the rest of the very 'passionate' characters in the story, and for this reason she sticks out all the greater; when she firsts talks to 'us' she tells us flat out that "I am not your ally." but that she would still assist us in order to make the game more interesting. Seeing as how she clearly didn't introduce Ange into the game to make everyone smile and be happy, we can be sure that she's approaching this in a different way from us. How far will she go, and what will she do in the future? Well, that's for the future. (She's also pretty and has a wonderful voice.)

Virgilia - The beautiful mother figure of the meta-world. Although certain scenes were cut out of the anime which help to strengthen that notion, such as her pampering the upset Siestas; the way she maintains her elegance is one of the reasons why I respect her so much. In EP3, we are to believe that it was Beato's troll, and frankly, that may be very true. But did she not help us, regardless of 'what side' she is on...?

Eva-Beatrice - I can't help it. I love trolls. And Eva-Beatrice is just about the most adorably insane and cruel trolls there could be. She may have only played a major role in EP3, but that was more than enough to seal the deal as one of my most loved characters of the series so far. She genuinely enjoyed herself and basked in her newfound glory as an Endless Witch, and made it very apparent that she would not let anyone get in her way. The way she played around with deaths only shows that she truly was having some 'innocent' fun -- after all, if you can just revive them again, what's so wrong about killing something? Multiple times, even? Perfect logic if you ask me. Even if she's not exactly logical, the way she was inevitably dragged into something larger than she anticipated and was eventually destroyed by it was a sad end to a happy marionette (u c wut i did thurr?). Yes, I said it was sad when she was destroyed.

edit: Honourable mentions go to Bronove, because no one can defeat him in his abnormally playful butler ways, and his sarcasm is a beauty. That, and the sheer amount of Bronove x Battler teasing moments during the SNs are just hilarious.

Last edited by DizzyRoro; 2010-01-12 at 22:06.
Old 2010-01-12, 22:01   Link #30
Isekaijin

Beato...

cuz she is moe when she wants.
Old 2010-01-13, 04:52   Link #31
~Ayane~

hauu~~ i really had problem with who to vote because i seriously love EVERYBODY on the witch's side. but i figured it would be stupid to vote for everybody, so instead i only voted for my number one which consist of two characters (though i dont really like ratings either) i wanted to vote for Beato too, but i knew she would be leading anyway so i refrained and for Lady Maria but shes not here, lol. I also considered Evatrice cause shes moe troll buut since i didnt vote for Beato too.... i kinda regret this now XD whatever
sooo....

i voted for Berun-tan and Lambda-tan!
and...well...im not really good at explaining why i like somebody. I guess Bern was my instant favourite when i saw her (she just looks like that....like some hime-sama in that gothic lolita dress of hers, drinking tea <3) and also because of her background. She really has some fuked up past... Besides kuudere characters are...well...cool. And i just loooove her tail, i want to have a tail too! >_<
oh, and btw. what was already mentioned before by others, her voice. i just LOVE her voice, its so so sexy, just because she will have a lot more line in it is a good reason for me to cant wait for animated CHIRU

and Lambda is kinda same case...i mean i knew i love her when i saw her, from her pinky design to crazy-eyes faces. And she is the best compromise of tsundere and yandere in one person ive seen so far. Besides she is so childish and honest and so adorable dummy that i cant help but go "awwwww" everytime she says something silly

hm...so...besides this, when i think of it one the factors why i love them the most and from the beginning may be the fact that i was already positively prejudiced towards them because i love higu, and they are the most obvious connection with it i guess

and if it was overall poll not just for so-far-anime-chars i would vote for one more little witch
Old 2010-01-13, 06:59   Link #32
frostieyes

Oh, how I love witches.

I voted Beatrice, Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, Ronove, Belphegor, and Siesta 410.
Belphegor and Siesta 410 are one for each kind of furniture, Ronove for his super sexy voice (I like him much better in the anime) and the three cutsy witches for their sheer beauty... I mean charm.

But my favorite has got to be Lambda. Stupid, cute, and powerful. I couldn't resist.

Battler, the man who gets sexier by the moment
Old 2010-01-13, 08:41   Link #33
Dr. Akagi

Siesta 45 - gotta love her bumbling ways.

Siesta 410 - her "nyeh" does it (and yes, I do think her anime VA was great).

Bernkastel - for fighting boredom the right way.

Lambdadelta - for reminding me of a certain nurse.

Death and its implications as viewed by the Umineko No Naku Koro Ni characters.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-01-13 at 23:42. Reason: FOR F*** SAKE, NO VN SPOILER
Old 2010-01-13, 13:37   Link #34
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

WAIT! You just forgot some other...
WHERE ARE THE GOAT-KUNS?
Old 2010-01-13, 14:04   Link #35
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Beatrice: Started as a 2D villain, developed into one of the more complex characters.

Virgilia: The anime cut out a lot of her good stuff, but she still made a good mentor figure for Battler and helped him become a better opponent.

Ronove: Pukukukuku!

Lucifer: Tsundere! I mostly like her because of the extras.

Belphegor: One of the only Stakes who was responsible. And she even respected her opponent.

Siesta 00: Adorable. Just... adorable.
Old 2010-01-13, 22:35   Link #36
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
hauu~~ i really had problem with who to vote because i seriously love EVERYBODY on the witch's side. but i figured it would be stupid to vote for everybody, so instead i only voted for my number one which consist of two characters (though i dont really like ratings either) i wanted to vote for Beato too, but i knew she would be leading anyway so i refrained and for Lady Maria but shes not here, lol. I also considered Evatrice cause shes moe troll buut since i didnt vote for Beato too.... i kinda regret this now XD whatever
sooo....

i voted for Berun-tan and Lambda-tan!
and...well...im not really good at explaining why i like somebody. I guess Bern was my instant favourite when i saw her (she just looks like that....like some hime-sama in that gothic lolita dress of hers, drinking tea <3) and also because of her background. She really has some fuked up past... Besides kuudere characters are...well...cool. And i just loooove her tail, i want to have a tail too! >_<
oh, and btw. what was already mentioned before by others, her voice. i just LOVE her voice, its so so sexy, just because she will have a lot more line in it is a good reason for me to cant wait for animated CHIRU

and Lambda is kinda same case...i mean i knew i love her when i saw her, from her pinky design to crazy-eyes faces. And she is the best compromise of tsundere and yandere in one person ive seen so far. Besides she is so childish and honest and so adorable dummy that i cant help but go "awwwww" everytime she says something silly

hm...so...besides this, when i think of it one the factors why i love them the most and from the beginning may be the fact that i was already positively prejudiced towards them because i love higu, and they are the most obvious connection with it i guess

and if it was overall poll not just for so-far-anime-chars i would vote for one more little witch
Princess Ressurection!Hime-sama?!?

I voted for...

Beato: Cause she is PERFECTO and her engrish is just amazing. Plus, I love how she is just so...deep and has such character development~

Lambda: Super cute and super sweet. Can be a bit rude sometimes, but she does it mostly out of love for a certain cat-girl-troll. Plus, she reminds me so much of Takano from Higurashi, who I loved to death. ;O;

Bronove: Cause he's Bronove. Can be a total ass or a total gentlemen in the blink of an eye. Plus, his flirtations with Battler is hilarious. xD

Virgilia: Sexy when calm but so moe when she snaps. <3

Gaap: He outfit is just...amazing and I love how she is totally opposite but bffs with Beato. xD

Leviathian: I liked her for some reason...dunno. Maybe cause she was just so envious all the time I pitied her?

Satan: TSUNDERE. And I love tsunderes to death. So...cute.

Mammon: I loved how she had a crush on Ange and just had so much dedication towards her. <3

Beezlebub: I love her hair.

Asmosdeos: Is the most girliest out of the bunch, but that's her charm.

Siesta 00: Don't know much about her, but I love her eye patch and how she is not annoying at all like the other two siestas.

Sakutaro: So cute. ;O;

Eva-Beatrice: Cause she is like the uber-troll version of Eva, who I love to death. Kind of pitied her a lot. I can understand why she did what she did. Was it right? No. But at least it made sense.

I'd vote for three more characters, but sadly they haven't appeared in any anime yet. ;o;
Old 2010-01-13, 22:50   Link #37
Judoh
Mystery buff

I voted for

Beatrice, Ronove, Siesta 410, and Sakutarou

I also give Lamba an honorable mention for her sweets jokes
Old 2010-01-15, 16:25   Link #38
Tealeafy
✿Higurashi+Umineko Fan✿

Beato- I love her quirky and sadistic personality that can show a tender and guilty side as well. I love everything about her.

It's too hard to pick just one, so....

Ronove- He's a riot. His comedic relief lines stole my heart and made him one of my favorite characters... and he reminds me of Johnny Depp. xD -SHOT-

Bernkastel- Kick. Ass.

Eva-Beatrice- She's just... I don't even know. I like her a lot.

Virgilia- I love her almost as much as I love Beato (but not quite xD). She's so beautiful, and I've always had a thing for mysterious characters who close their eyes when they talk. O3O

Last edited by Tealeafy; 2010-01-17 at 07:20.
Old 2010-01-16, 00:57   Link #39
arson88

I voted all. They are more interesting than their human counter-parts.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-01-16 at 05:59. Reason: do NOT post VN spoiler
Old 2010-01-16, 10:16   Link #40
Maruko-Kun

I voted for...

Beatrice: Because she is the most intresting and beautiful character of the story. Is such a strange person, a powerful witch and a beautiful player.
Virgilia: She is my REAL favourite character X3 I love her, since before the beggining of the Anime *ççç* She is beautiful, kind, powerful, mysterious :3
Bernkastel: I also chose her almost for the same reasons above, but in particular beacause I think she is the most mysterious character of all... I quite like her... *ç*
Beelzebub: Is soooooo kawaii :3333 I'm too greedy.... She reflects me perfectly ^^
Closed Thread