Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-25, 21:22   Link #501
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Screenshots (and soon to have a summary) of episode 4 courtesy of Random Curiosity. Pls. look at it at your own risk!!!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 22:54   Link #502
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

yes..watched episode 3 by umai. Still not very happy with how the romance bloomed so easily for the two, but other than that, the series seems to be progressing really well, but GONZO has done this before and i m hoping they dont repeat the tragedy of Gankutsuou for me which started so well and had a hopeless ending..

The main catch point of this series is the setting they have chosen, the fantasy background is nice, and it adds really well to the story. One of the top series of this season definitely..now only GONZO hopes to keep it that way
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 23:08   Link #503
issei

ep4:

they fixed the typo in the opening! i'm not sure if they did it in an earlier episode, but this is the first time i noticed it, since i let it play longer than i usually do.

Spoiler:

as for the red wind identity thing:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-26, 00:02   Link #504
Boris Moskovitz
(-.-)

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Is this going to be 24+ episodes, though? It seems to me that this is a story better suited for a 12/13 ep run. I could see it dying on its feet or having to resort to filler if it intends on stretching its story out to that length.
I have no idea what the length is. I just assumed it was around around 24 because it's the regular length for anime (and there's also how most people I encountered assumed so too). But yes, at this pace, it does seem more like it's gonna be a 13'er.

However, I've got a hunch that the setup isn't quite over yet.
Boris Moskovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 00:18   Link #505
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Spoiler for Ep. 4 revelation...:
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 00:44   Link #506
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by issei View Post
ep4:

they fixed the typo in the opening! i'm not sure if they did it in an earlier episode, but this is the first time i noticed it, since i let it play longer than i usually do.
By typo I assume you're talking about "Whilliam Shakespeare" corrected to "William Shakespeare", correct?
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 01:02   Link #507
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
in my opinion romeo don't know red wind is a juliet
he just know red wind and juliet have a same scent
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 01:02   Link #508
issei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
By typo I assume you're talking about "Whilliam Shakespeare" corrected to "William Shakespeare", correct?
yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor
Spoiler:
there never should have been any doubt :P

it was painfully obvious from the start that it was a wig, despite the second-guessing and debate.
Old 2007-04-26, 01:23   Link #509
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i take out my words that romeo don't know juliet
at episode 4
Spoiler:
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 01:28   Link #510
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
yes..watched episode 3 by umai. Still not very happy with how the romance bloomed so easily for the two, but other than that, the series seems to be progressing really well, but GONZO has done this before and i m hoping they dont repeat the tragedy of Gankutsuou for me which started so well and had a hopeless ending..

The main catch point of this series is the setting they have chosen, the fantasy background is nice, and it adds really well to the story. One of the top series of this season definitely..now only GONZO hopes to keep it that way
Oh come on, where's your sense of romance? Even in the original play, it was love at first sight. The classic love at first sight. In fact, they kissed two times the first time they met at the Capulet's party. It progresses to them getting married very quickly (and this is after Romeo hadn't even really gotten over some other girl).
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 04:18   Link #511
Allamanda
Kiyu Fan

On the 4th episode, the drawing obviously gets worse, as much as I have to admit I'm biased since the chracter design isn't my cup of tea.
Allamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 06:25   Link #512
Isako
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Isako
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
Oh come on, where's your sense of romance? Even in the original play, it was love at first sight. The classic love at first sight. In fact, they kissed two times the first time they met at the Capulet's party. It progresses to them getting married very quickly (and this is after Romeo hadn't even really gotten over some other girl).
Kiko is right, like the original work, the fell in love extremely quickly.

Your not going to see anymore major BG info(like what exactly happend that night), aside from the prelude for a long time(Exactly how the play is setup as welll, it puts all the BG info in one plop and moves on to the present). As a result, it gives the impression in the play,movie, and now anime, that their love is rushed.

On a side note, the friar looks the one of the movie version as well :P
Isako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 08:29   Link #513
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

The romance does seem pretty fast bet. Romeo and Juliet now . . . but it's a love story with only a number of episodes. Not surprising xD

But the romance in the original was definitely TOO quick x_x So I'm okay with the level of fastness in the anime xD Hehe

As for eppie 4 . . . I absolutely cannot wait for the subs x_x . . . or at least the raw for now if subs still won't be available -_- . . . the spoiler pics and summary are lovely but . . . I wish for more xD Hehe

Spoiler:
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 10:00   Link #514
liz-melissa

I don't think this is quite spoilery but I'll just put it under a tag just in case

Spoiler for Not really spoiling anything:

Just an observation from episode 3.
liz-melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 11:29   Link #515
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz-melissa View Post
I don't think this is quite spoilery but I'll just put it under a tag just in case

Spoiler for Not really spoiling anything:

Just an observation from episode 3.
I think it's probably just an error. Animators aren't perfect; they make mistakes sometimes too. But some mistakes *coughcough Whilliam* are a bit more obvious than others.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 19:27   Link #516
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Just watched episode 3 from umai. I normally care more about how epic events unfold in this type of fantasy setting, but with Romeo x Juliet the romance part is much more satisfying. I haven't seen episode 4 yet (downloading it right now), but I think the two are proceeding nicely enough. Romeo blushing because of his tongue slipping in front of his mother was simply great.

However, I'm not really thrilled about the other story. Romeo's father is all too boring; the typical (foolish) tyrant. You just had to say commoners are like grapes, did you? And the Zorro Juliet isn't exactly interesting.

Well, this is supposed to be romance, and everything else is fluff. The dynamics of the twosome are interesting enough to make this a keeper (as of yet).

Lastly, I think Juliet is pretty enough. Reminds me of Firiel of the Good Witch of the West (that suddenly worries me....)
Old 2007-04-26, 20:07   Link #517
wontaek

In episode 4, the one of the background music is a variation made on theme of the song "What Is A Youth", which is the theme song of 1968 Romeo & Juliet Film. If you listen carefully, you can hear the main theme carefully distributed throughout the whole piece. I believe BGM in other episodes also borrowed some ideas from many famous classical or movie compositions related to Romeo and Juliet.
Old 2007-04-26, 20:22   Link #518
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Saw episode 4.
Spoiler for Episode 4:

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
In episode 4, the one of the background music is a variation made on theme of the song "What Is A Youth", which is the theme song of 1968 Romeo & Juliet Film. If you listen carefully, you can hear the main theme carefully distributed throughout the whole piece. I believe BGM in other episodes also borrowed some ideas from many famous classical or movie compositions related to Romeo and Juliet.
Ohh. The music was so enjoyable, yet old fashioned at the same time (like old movie BGMs). So that's why...

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-04-26 at 20:24. Reason: Music
dahl_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 08:15   Link #519
kari-no-sugata

Some thoughts on ep 4 and looking ahead

Spoiler:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 09:33   Link #520
DieH@rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Spoiler:
Let us not forget this image:

Full body armor, fiery battlefield and Capulet banners! Hell yeah!!!
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance