AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 22:28   Link #261
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Does anyone have an archive of 2D art of VC1 characters, as seen in the cameo trailer for VC3?
Old 2011-02-02, 05:08   Link #262
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
My VCIII package arrived today.

The little booklet contains information on several members of the Nameless along with some details about the conflict.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 05:38   Link #263
jwai

I picked up the VC2 art book from Play-Asia not long ago. It was quite interesting to see what different concepts they tried with the appearance of the characters. Some of them would have been really nice if they had gone that way, but some were quite bad too.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 08:32   Link #264
kosmos

The secret document is such a waste, the document of gallia from Valkyria 2 was way better.
kosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 00:39   Link #265
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Arrr the VC3 pouch is so awesome!!... I forgot it was released already >_< does it have a belt loop on the back or is much more novelty?

Looks like the design archive (english Developement Artworks for VC 1) has been delayed to some time in july, suppose to be end of february, still 28$ on amazon.
Alright while I'm here, late as usual the rest of the preview stuff i took while back.

Picasa isn't being very compatible so full versions via clicking pics, mind the blinding glare >.> these were done with considerably less care...

woah this ones got terribad lighting and...evrything

this one too >.>

miyazaki's Goliath? nah, more like something from crimson skies...

can anyone identify the ppl in this pic? I only see...Alexis? is that even her name
I really like the style for some reason xD It doesn't look like Raita did it...

SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 02:58   Link #266
Snowman24

^Darcsens?!?! Looks like it! Cool!
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 05:29   Link #267
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post

can anyone identify the ppl in this pic? I only see...Alexis? is that even her name
I really like the style for some reason xD It doesn't look like Raita did it...

Yes, I do think the silver-haired girl is Alexis. Probably Rene, Magari, Marion and Coleen?
Old 2011-02-06, 06:59   Link #268
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
I don't know, the others don't look like any of the Class G students, especially when you take uniforms and such into account (female engineer on the left, female lancer in the center, male lancer in the back, male shocktrooper in the bottom-right). If you stretched, you could say that it's Nichol on the bottom-right (as a Heavy Scout, they get shoulder armor) and the guy in the back is a post-haircut Jugin, but...
WordShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 08:50   Link #269
Stefkov

My VC3 accessories arrived. The pouch is quite big, the PSP rattles about a bit inside, it looks amazing though. I don't know what to use the stickers on

I need to buy that VC2 design archive. I have the first but I've not even looked through it yet.

Pictures of the nendoroids seen at Wonfes:
Spoiler for Nendo:

The pics are blurry but there was also scale figures:
Spoiler for Scale figures:

My wallet T_T
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 18:12   Link #270
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

^ I think the pics are borken

anyway, VC3 1/8 figures coming up from Volks

Old 2011-02-23, 02:41   Link #271
jwai

Does anyone remember how many different art books were published for the first VC?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 00:14   Link #272
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

I think there were only two, a small booklet that came with limited edition orders and the development artworks. Also at least 2 game guides.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:36   Link #273
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
^ I think the pics are borken :p

anyway, VC3 1/8 figures coming up from Volks
I've said it before, but it bears repetition: that looks like an M56 'smartgun' on steroids... and without the gyrostabilization harness. Can only imagine how much Imca's been working out to handle that thing as seen in the trailers...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 19:55   Link #274
Snowman24

My guess is that Darcsens must naturally be SUPER strong to begin with. In VC1, Nadine, who looks frail, small and weak is able to lug probably half or three-quarters of her body weight in equipment, ammunition and explosives on her belt, backpack, and pouches along with her own rifle and ammo.

And in VC2 Mischlitt is a armoured tech, same thing with her, she looks extremely small and frail, but is able to carry that shield and war hammer or sword with ease.

Many Darcsen are said to work in the industrial sectors of Gallia and used for human labor more than any other slaves.... maybe because they're stronger, harder working and such :P Thousands of years of strong genetics passed down through the ages made them super strong :P

*Ok, End Darcsen fanboy rant*
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 06:39   Link #275
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The Darcsens lost the war against the Valkyria, but the fact that they weren't wiped out immediately does say a lot about them.
Old 2011-02-25, 18:53   Link #276
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
My guess is that Darcsens must naturally be SUPER strong to begin with. In VC1, Nadine, who looks frail, small and weak is able to lug probably half or three-quarters of her body weight in equipment, ammunition and explosives on her belt, backpack, and pouches along with her own rifle and ammo.

And in VC2 Mischlitt is a armoured tech, same thing with her, she looks extremely small and frail, but is able to carry that shield and war hammer or sword with ease.

Many Darcsen are said to work in the industrial sectors of Gallia and used for human labor more than any other slaves.... maybe because they're stronger, harder working and such :P Thousands of years of strong genetics passed down through the ages made them super strong :P

*Ok, End Darcsen fanboy rant*
That probably says a lot. Besides, we can also apply that to different types of people who were used for specialized labor in history.

Still, that's already funny enough to have Imca carrying a primitive version of Jesse Ventura's Old Painless (a handheld M134 minigun).
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 17:02   Link #277
Stefkov

Recently Sega put up a load of products on ebay to raise funds for Japan. One of the items was the VC Limited Box they sold in Japan that eventually sold for more than $700 I think...

Seeing that made me remember I bought the box a few years ago, over the weekend I took some pictures of it.

Alicia is about 3inches tall and the Edelweiss is about 3 inches long. I love the Edelweiss model, Alicia is lacking in quality. Regardless, I don't regret buying it.
There's more photos on my blog: http://wp.me/phFkY-8g
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 19:23   Link #278
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Ah, the Edelweiss. Pains me to say it, but it got shafted by Tank G and the Nameless tank.
Old 2011-04-04, 22:42   Link #279
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Ah, the Edelweiss. Pains me to say it, but it got shafted by Tank G and the Nameless tank.
Only because they are fully customizable. But there is only one Edelweiss.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 05:15   Link #280
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

More that it was the first tank we get to use. Could never get what possessed the team to take it out for VC1's expert mode. All the subsequent games allowed the tanks in for the hard missions.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2011-05-01 at 19:22.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote