AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Horizon S2 - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 20 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 27.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-24, 12:07   Link #41
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Master Tenzou! Hah he deserves that for sure

Toori also went back to being naked all ep, wondering if he'll just be naked this entire S2 now...

Another vastly enjoyable negotiation battle!
That triple axel dogeza Shiro pulled. (´▽`)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Oh man, that reminds me, the BGM for this episode is just so good. I really want that OST from the negotiation battle already.
Agreed wish it was out already.

Almost forgot but those avatars they had while chatting, another nice thing there~
Old 2012-07-24, 12:15   Link #42
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Bold move by sending Futayo, their strongest offense and defense away from Musashi. It had to be done to settle the negotiations though.

Tenzo sure knows how to talk to the ladies.
Old 2012-07-24, 12:48   Link #43
Dynellen

Anyone up for some translating?

Old 2012-07-24, 16:38   Link #44
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Nothing says fanservice like a little butt action:

For some reason I was reminded of that little dialogue from Dumb and Dumber:

Harry: "Look at the butt on that!"
Lloyd: "Yeah, he must work out."

Wonderful episode.
Old 2012-07-24, 17:00   Link #45
Xaturas

Didn't like it.
To much info dump, without proper background knowledge from novels I couldn't get most of it. Not to mention that dogeza was dumb as hell. Probably some people are right that Novel author have ups and downs, where you can either be amazed or scratch your head and think what the fuck did you read/watch.
This episodes was one of the "what the fuck did I watch" for me, so 5/10.
Old 2012-07-24, 17:20   Link #46
Dynellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Didn't like it.
To much info dump, without proper background knowledge from novels I couldn't get most of it. Not to mention that dogeza was dumb as hell. Probably some people are right that Novel author have ups and downs, where you can either be amazed or scratch your head and think what the fuck did you read/watch.
This episodes was one of the "what the fuck did I watch" for me, so 5/10.
What infodump? Just because an episode is focused on dialogue doesn't mean it's an infodump, only real info given in the whole episode was Mary's backstory and that England+Musashi will have a festival and that Armada battle will occur within two weeks.

I haven't read the novels and I didn't find the episode hard to follow at all, they meet up, Tenzou gets to know Mary, they haggle back and forth before reaching a deal. If you think of the whole long discussion at the end as 'Musashi needs 11 days to make any profit, England needs 7 days to prepare all the meat but tries to bluff that they can go below 7 days, Shirojiro humbles them with the bow then calls England's bluff and finally sents hostages to England to reach a brilliant deal of 13 days'. You don't need any background info to understand that.
Old 2012-07-24, 17:24   Link #47
Dark Wing

I kind of like this episode even if it was very politically heavy but I've come to expect that in this show. Also The Triple Axel Dogza Bow was funny to me in that he's expressing that he means business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynellen View Post
What infodump? Just because an episode is focused on dialogue doesn't mean it's an infodump, only real info given in the whole episode was Mary's backstory and that England+Musashi will have a festival and that Armada battle will occur within two weeks.

I haven't read the novels and I didn't find the episode hard to follow at all, they meet up, Tenzou gets to know Mary, they haggle back and forth before reaching a deal. If you think of the whole long discussion at the end as 'Musashi needs 11 days to make any profit, England needs 7 days to prepare all the meat but tries to bluff that they can go below 7 days, Shirojiro humbles them with the bow then calls England's bluff and finally sents hostages to England to reach a brilliant deal of 13 days'. You don't need any background info to understand that.

I don't know if it's because we're just strange but I got what was going on instantly in this episode even without explanation from the novels. It's like I've been saying if something is lacking in the action fights or fan service department it just goes over peoples heads i guess.
Old 2012-07-24, 17:38   Link #48
Xaturas

Maybe calling it info dump was overstatement.
However I really didn't like the whole merchant part. It was just boring as fuc, I was wondering if I should read the chat parts or not, which I skipped.
It was supposed to be a battle of wits to work out the best deal, yet for me it was just one boring snozefest, with them talking and talking and talking and fucin talking.
So as I said I gave it a 5/10, boring ep is boring.
Guy being a girl wasn't really some revelation, besides the usual magical cloaks hidding supper 100+ breasts no problem, making them look as flat as a washboard. Even Horizon hitting the balls was boring, as was the robot arms girl trying to shave the guy. I just hope next eps will be more interesting.

Season 1 seemed more interesting for me, dunno why.
Old 2012-07-24, 18:35   Link #49
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

with all the attention on Tenzo's jackpot and Toori naked (again). No one mention how close a shave Munshige had.
Old 2012-07-24, 19:05   Link #50
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynellen View Post
Anyone up for some translating?
not an actual translation. But this is an adequate explanation posted on /a
>Meat goes bad in 14 days
>England needs 7 days to process all the meat
>The later Musashi sells, the less money they'll get for it
>By holding a festival, England is going through their own supplies twice as fast, so meat will be worth more to them (?)
>England starts off by giving festival for only 3 days, which is not enough for them to process, but a good place for them to bargain from
>11 days (7 days festival, 4 days prep.) is the break-even point for Musashi, where any less days they would lose money because they'd be selling the meat late and England would place a higher value on it
>Shirojiro negotiates and bows his way to 9 days, still better for England, in addition to better transportation of supplies and more places to set up booths for other items to sell
>Then he calls the bluff and says "no, three days is fine", knowing that England can't do shit with all the meat in three days
>This basically tells the Howard "give me a better deal or you guys will end up sitting on a ton of expired meat"
>He increases his 9 days offer up to 10 days (6 for festival, 4 for prep.)
>Shirojiro says that working that long with no breaks is too unreasonable, and 1 day off in-between would be better (11 days now, which is Musashi's break-even)
>They then even offer three "hostages"/ambassadors from Musashi
>Compensates by adding one more festival and one more prep. day
>Total: 13 days
>7 days of the festival, which means that England can purchase all the meat on the first day and have enough time to process before it expires
>The total 13 days of festival means that England will have gone through almost a whole months supply of meat, so the meat they are buying is even more valuable since only some of it is needed for the Armada, and the rest will go back to "everyday supplies"
Old 2012-07-24, 19:08   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
with all the attention on Tenzo's jackpot and Toori naked (again). No one mention how close a shave Munshige had.
Lol I was going to

But now I'm only left with saying how Bell-san told Mazasumi that she should leave the tsukkomi act to Horizon Or how heidi was taking pictures of the bow

I was quite surprise how well I understood this episode even before using a sub with my main language. The only part that I needed English to understand was the talk about Mary, as well as the various small details during the talks, but in general it was rather straight forward.
Old 2012-07-24, 19:32   Link #52
Bombo
TSF Fans

Seriously this series really crazy hahahahahaa .
-Busty blond.
- Shiro amazing skills <3 .
- Chatting network with nickname ...I couldn't stop laughing "Silver wolf "
Really I love it .
Old 2012-07-24, 19:52   Link #53
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Xaturas: Ironically, some people actually preferred this episode to Masazumi's debate against Innocentius in Season 1 because it is less infodump. *shrugs*
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-07-24, 20:01   Link #54
Xacual

I enjoyed it a lot and it was easily understandable provided you stopped to read the chat discussion, well Xaturas said he didn't, going on behind the scenes. Everything was explained there basically.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-07-24, 22:14   Link #55
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

And Aoi naked again
Old 2012-07-24, 22:37   Link #56
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
And Aoi naked again
Clothes are for weak protagonists anyway.
Old 2012-07-25, 01:29   Link #57
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

after rewatching episode 3 with sub
I don't think that this episode was totally bad
actually it's quite good in some extent
LOL @ "Wetman" I thought only Horizon that think Toori as "Wetman"

So Mary needs to die to start Battle of Armada? Now I'm kinda have some guesses about where the story would likely to go/end up

Kinda like how Shirojiro manage to reverse the pinch using their (trump) own tactics
although still, using Dogeza as a measurement of Merchant Skill is silly and lame

there are few questions regarding of this episode
  • why Futayo suddenly attacking Toori in the begining of the episode?
  • what is this Hasiba that Felipe mentioned to Gin? is it Muneshige real Surname?
  • why Muneshige severed Gin's arms, what kind of sick psycho do that to a girl
  • who is this Milton that Mary's mentioned?

anyway 8/10 still justified enough for this episode

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2012-07-25 at 01:42.
Old 2012-07-25, 02:34   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
there are few questions regarding of this episode
  • why Futayo suddenly attacking Toori in the begining of the episode?
  • what is this Hasiba that Felipe mentioned to Gin? is it Muneshige real Surname?
  • why Muneshige severed Gin's arms, what kind of sick psycho do that to a girl
  • who is this Milton that Mary's mentioned?

anyway 8/10 still justified enough for this episode

1) Probably because Toori was going "HORRIIZZZOOONNNN ♥!!!!" And would end up disturbing her rest.

2) Apparently, the Hashiba are the ruling family of M.H.R.R.

3) I certainly hope they meant it metaphorically.

4) Most likely that Kobold who squared Tenzou in the balls with that rock.
Old 2012-07-25, 02:56   Link #59
Dynellen

No, Milton is the 3-legged bird seen with Mary in ep 2.
Old 2012-07-25, 06:17   Link #60
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just able to download the episode (after a day or two of waiting and searching)...

The only thing I could say... I;m envious of our ninja!!!!! He got a bust-babe?! Weehhh!!!! Banzai!!!!
Closed Thread