Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-05-30, 02:21   Link #581
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I only took a bullet to the head. I'm not dead yet.

You can count out the other translators listed on B-T because none of them had been active ever since I joined this project.
Translation was infrequent before you picked up the series. But with your work, we should be way clear of how far the animecan go, even if they push for GGO arc. Btw have you read the web novels of alicization yet?
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 07:14   Link #582
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

*Cane tapping*

Seriously...I went on an indefinite hiatus for a few days, and such a topic popped out? Goes to show that while many are kind enough to defend me, some just feel like complaining and not doing anything while keeping their butts on the seats while people are working. Well, I don't blame them for not saying such things straight to my face anyway since there's a powerful firewall of cowardice called Anonymous, so here's a challenge. (BCoFM members, these are on the google docs, so help feed them if you can.)

Haa... I won't be uploading these if you don't edit them then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Translation was infrequent before you picked up the series. But with your work, we should be way clear of how far the animecan go, even if they push for GGO arc. Btw have you read the web novels of alicization yet?
Not at all. Didn't have any time to read ever since I finished volume 7.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 08:09   Link #584
Ray
Garnet

Ah, 4ch, we meet again. There was a time when 4chan was awesome, and the community wasn't as bad; but alas, you just had to go and change!

Quote:
Hm, I'd be happy to help out, but I have some important exams next week so I don't have much time to spare. If you still need a hand with editing stuff after they're over (19th of next month), I'd be more than more happy to help with that. But now that we're on the topic, I'd like to ask how extensive one's knowledge of the English language would have to be; I assume it’d have to be extensive enough for one to be able to spot any grammatical errors and fix them? Or is there more to it?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 08:23   Link #585
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, a nice trolling plan, I guess; helped by those death threats. I'm still mad over the Volume 5 chapter 6 incident.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:06   Link #586
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Well, a nice trolling plan, I guess; helped by those death threats. I'm still mad over the Volume 5 chapter 6 incident.
what was that incident, some of us arent clear about it. was it Anons editing it wrongly?
Old 2012-05-30, 10:23   Link #587
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
what was that incident, some of us arent clear about it. was it Anons editing it wrongly?
Let's just say it was about a certain rookie translator who decided to take volume 5 chapter 6 as his first project. This translator spent about 4 months working on this 100 paged chapter, only managing to complete 40 pages, and basically dropped out due to overwhelming pressure from many readers who demanded to read the story (especially when I joined in and translated vol 6 in December). Even till now, I still haven't forgotten about it.

Also, I don't back down from any threats anyway. If I did, I would have quit right from the beginning.

In other news, volume 9 will be completed by 5th June. Time to get down to business.
Old 2012-05-30, 10:26   Link #588
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Let's just say it was about a certain rookie translator who decided to take volume 5 chapter 6 as his first project. This translator spent about 4 months working on this 100 paged chapter, only managing to complete 40 pages, and basically dropped out due to overwhelming pressure from many readers who demanded to read the story (especially when I joined in and translated vol 6 in December). Even till now, I still haven't forgotten about it.

Also, I don't back down from any threats anyway. If I did, I would have quit right from the beginning.

In other news, volume 9 will be completed by 5th June. Time to get down to business.
Ah i remember that. It was while i was still an anon in the forums. Did that guy drop out totally? Kinda sad to lose translators for such a reason even if they're rookies
By the way is your japanese better then your chinese?
Old 2012-05-30, 10:31   Link #589
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Ah i remember that. It was while i was still an anon in the forums. Did that guy drop out totally? Kinda sad to lose translators for such a reason even if they're rookies
Yup, completely. It's things like this that cause LN translations to remain incomplete (but mostly RL stuff like school and work. I just kept my mind running as if I was playing chess). Demand here is like infinity while supply is like 0. Try dividing demand over supply (hmm...). Once they get the translations, they demand for faster translations, and once they get them, they demand for better worded translations, and if that's done, they'll demand for better formatting...you get the gist...
Old 2012-05-30, 10:40   Link #590
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Yup, completely. It's things like this that cause LN translations to remain incomplete (but mostly RL stuff like school and work. I just kept my mind running as if I was playing chess). Demand here is like infinity while supply is like 0. Try dividing demand over supply (hmm...). Once they get the translations, they demand for faster translations, and once they get them, they demand for better worded translations, and if that's done, they'll demand for better formatting...you get the gist...
Well thats true. And whereas there are quite a few editors to ensure fluidity, actual translators are lacking due to commitment and difficulty. Then again you guys arent paid to do so unlike the official translators and even then its to chinese normally
Old 2012-05-30, 10:46   Link #591
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Well thats true. And whereas there are quite a few editors to ensure fluidity, actual translators are lacking due to commitment and difficulty. Then again you guys arent paid to do so unlike the official translators and even then its to chinese normally
It's a typical business, really. You do well, they respect you. You don't, they look down on you. We don't get enough of either because not many people are brave enough to take the charge or just won't be bothered to do so.

And as a gift from my trip back, here's an image:

Spoiler for Vol 8:
Old 2012-05-30, 13:19   Link #592
tsunade666

Quote:

Spoiler for Vol 8:

I don't get it... teletubies PO? I don't get it
Old 2012-05-30, 14:29   Link #593
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:

Spoiler for Vol 8:
Vol. 8 SAO, that guy is probably a member of Laughing Coffin, combined with Teletubbies...
Maybe you want to hire a hitman to assasinate Po or you want him to suffer a slow death? Not that I can't understand that
Old 2012-05-30, 15:03   Link #594
csuree
The Most Hated™

wow it is a great honor to meet the translator for SAO.
First of all i give my appreciation for your work i get it that it is an overwhelmingly huge job to translate this light novel, so i respect every translator..(translating LN's is more demanding then just scnalating a manga chapter)

Thank you, from the deepest reaches of my soul,

i kinda know how hard it can be i am also writing a novel of my own (100+ pages already) and because i'm writing it in hungarian, i was thinking that i should translate it to english (for publishing it sometime in the future) and even though i have experience in translating (my university degree was a 90 page paper which had to be translated with all the tech details) i understand the feeling...

i was thinking some time ago because i know english at an advanced level that i could try helping out some team or translators because i would like to bee someone who can also provide. not just leech from the others.

anyway i'm currently reading volume 7 until now it is a great work both from the author both from the translator.

it might seem like arse-licking but i am only expressing my feeling of gratitude.

i will try to learn jepanese to an advanced level (i'm a beginner) during this year and the next so i can become a greater help in the future.

anyway you seem like a nice guy, best wishes for you and your family, and loved ones.

the picture seems to remind me of the laughing coffin guy who paralized Kirito in the first volume and tried to kill him. maybe i'm wrong but it doesn't matter anyway, we will find it out eventually.

1 more month until the anime arrives....sooo anxious.....
Old 2012-05-30, 17:13   Link #595
rickiminato

who is the antagonist of SAO?
What is your purpose in doing that?
and as it does?
Old 2012-05-30, 18:50   Link #596
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
It's a typical business, really. You do well, they respect you. You don't, they look down on you. We don't get enough of either because not many people are brave enough to take the charge or just won't be bothered to do so.

Spoiler for Vol 8:
Isnt that
Spoiler:
On a side note, i still remember playing L4D2 Teletubbies mod. Disturbing shit right there.

@ricki SAO has multiple antagonist. What are your 2 other question?
Old 2012-05-30, 20:02   Link #597
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Haa...you guys didn't get that?

On the left is the leader of Laughing Coffin. What's his name? Compare to the name of the character on the right.

Next, what are PKers called in SAO?
Old 2012-05-30, 20:21   Link #598
fox350z

lol if i sound stupid but ill take a guess "red players"
fox350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 00:07   Link #599
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

He's a red. <<PoH>> is a teletubby.
Old 2012-05-31, 00:58   Link #600
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

................................thats a far link
But i guess. Wait does he appear in like part 10/11?

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality