AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-04, 11:20   Link #1681
s07195
However,

Well, I thought it was an okay episode, although I never thought the Soldier vs One-eyed general fight would be higher in tension than Hero vs Maoh. Hope the sequel hooks aren't just there for show.

Overall, an okay show, premise was good enough, but bad execution overall. Thank goodness Maoyuu exists as LN and manga also. Though whether this anime is going to help sales for them...
Old 2013-04-05, 00:19   Link #1682
ginger02

So many shows to watch, I think I'll check out a few episodes of this. Anything I should expect? Like does it take so many episodes to pick up, are there any particularly enjoyable episodes?
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 00:57   Link #1683
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
So many shows to watch, I think I'll check out a few episodes of this. Anything I should expect? Like does it take so many episodes to pick up, are there any particularly enjoyable episodes?
This is a fantasy show about medieval economy, farming, politics and war strategy with some comedy element added. But I also have to warn you to not expecting much. This anime is a rush-job of a much better story (from the original novel and manga) crammed almost mercilessly into 12 episodes. For me, the first episode is still the best (even though still a bit lacking). The worst are episode 2-5, while episode 6-12 are mixed bag but mostly decent. Oh, and it has an open-ending.
Old 2013-04-05, 14:02   Link #1684
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

"Cut what you love", as they say. It seems those guys really, really loved the story. All my favorite parts, too...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 01:06   Link #1685
Theo

Christ, watching the last episode was like listening to a storyteller who got bored and went off to watch football or something.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 03:58   Link #1686
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Finished the whole series last night.. and I say... it better than SSY or PP.... its pretty interesting... wars, politics and economy could control the world.... I loved it.... I wished for a second season...

Deserves a 9/10.... Worth to be told, worth to be watch... It's a educational.... and the little maid is so adorable...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 07:10   Link #1687
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, April 15-21

Quote:
5. MAOYU DVD 2: 2,303 copies
Old 2013-04-23, 18:11   Link #1688
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
2710 sales thats pretty unusual in a good way equal sales to the frist volume doesn't happen very often.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 17:46   Link #1689
VTHokiePride

The show was a mixed bag. In had a nice plot to it, but it felt a little rushed. I hope the open ending means there's a second season. It has the right elements to be a great series, but it just needs to be put together properly.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 16:44   Link #1690
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The story ended up being one hell of a mess but at least the soundtrack is fantastic. Fatehgadrem is a particularly great track to listen to.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 07:32   Link #1691
Gravitas Free Zone

And then the Nendoroid. With the most embarrassing accessory.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 04:41   Link #1692
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well.. this show got so much similarity with Spice and Wolf... although executed quite boring
since the topic is macro-economy, it's harder to be understood

at least, I really love many developments in this series especially Onee-chan maid
This story is clearly isn't finished yet.. but if they didn't intend to continue the adaptation, I think I'm okay with this ending

8/10 from me... quite enjoyable.. although I'm looking forward to Merchant X Dragon Princess pairing... hohoho.. and more Mage please
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 12:23   Link #1693
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Sentai Filmworks Offers Maoyu – Archenemy & Hero on Home Video
Old 2014-02-25, 18:52   Link #1694
Sacredus

Maoyu – Archenemy & Hero? What? So Archenemy is title of the leader of demons world? Good to know.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-20, 11:48   Link #1695
Justice_Rises

Well guys, here we are in 2015 going onto 2016 (THE DOMINATE YEAR OF SUPERHERO FILMS) and i am just now getting around to this.

With the open ending i really had hoped for a second season, but it's been so long since it aired i dont even know if there even will be one.

It saddens me because it had so much potential just like Lord Marksman and the Vanadalis (Which too was cut short in 12 episodes.)

It seems like none of these anime's can pull it off in 12 episodes (The only one that did was Snow White With The Red Hair, Campione, and a few others.)
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem