Notices

Old 2014-01-24, 10:33   Link #1901
Naole

Thanks!

I appreciate the heads up!
Naole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 20:29   Link #1902
DQueenie13

"Raynesia tilted her head slightly, pouring wine for the overdressed Mavis. Mavis looked dreamily at her slitty-eyed and suddenly touched her silver hair.

A wave of anger flared up around her.

It came from the <Adventurers> closest to them. A young warrior in armor holding a glass of wine and a samurai with his blade sheathed at his waist glared with looks that could kill."

How many bets that the anime will make that samurai Soujiro? (This scene is from volume 5, by the way.)
Old 2014-01-25, 03:33   Link #1903
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
How many bets that the anime will make that samurai Soujiro? (This scene is from volume 5, by the way.)
This can't be Soujiro. He was busy speed dating at that time.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 04:42   Link #1904
Naole

A few queries!

I'm on Vol. 6 so I'm not overly familiar with Vol. 7, but even though I miss Shiroe & Naotsugu I'm a bit underwhelmed by Shiroe; I'm yet to see his famed skills as Enchanter. My MMO RPG experience is a little more than Basic; I lack the patience for dealing with inter-personal requirements of Party Quests so I'm more at home with Real Time Campaign Strategy Games.

However Strategic Thinking is at the Heart of RTS gaming so Shiroe's "Full Control Encounter" is not that unusual. Predicting and controlling the flow of battle is essential in RTS especially in online RTS; being aware of the Combat resources at your disposal is critical to surviving high intensity battles as you apply you tactics. Even more so when dealing with enemy swarms.

At the battle of Roka(Loka) Shiroe allowed his Front line defence to take heavy damage despite the fact that he had the tools to control the flow of battle given that his mind attribute spells would have severe effects in the alternate reality. Accuracy Support, Keen Edge and Reflex Boost or even Overrunner would have been of grate use to Naotsugu. In the absence of a healer you can't allow high damage to you main defense. You'd have to somehow believe that he can't communicate with Akatsuki; he stalled the start of combat to allow her to deal with the PK mages so once that is don it was a simple matter for her to then take out the healer thus turning the battle in their vafour before it even begins.

The same can be said about the Battle with Brigandia's 10. Akatsuki equipped with Keen Edge and Overrunner could have taken out Londark and the healers before they healed Demiglace, and a number of buffs on both Nyanta and Naotsugu would have made them far more resilient and effective. By Hiding the presence of a High level damage dealer like Akatsuki they already had the tactical initiative; giving them the ability to exploit the enemy weaknesses at liberty. But for some reason Shiroe didn't take the tactical initiative choosing to rather depend on the psychological shock of his opponents; something that is very hard to predict let alone do in an environment where the enemies are essentially immortal.

Either the writer is deliberately holding back the tactical abilities of the main protagonist Shiroe in order to show them off at a later stage (in which case the questions still persist) or perhaps the famed tactical skills of the main protagonist Shiroe are being deliberately hyped as a set up for a future crash.

At some point the main protagonist Shiroe has to either live up to the legend or fail, but this can't go on unabated.

If the source of Akatsuki's lack of Confidence stems from here physical size isn't it a simple matter of her using Roderick's potions to gain a bit more height?

The fact is that they're trapped in an alternate world where changing your physical attributes is possible trough the use of potions is just like cosmetic surgery in the real world; thus no big deal. Given that Akatsuki has experienced a lifetime of abuse because of short stature I can't imagine why after a few months she simply doesn't fulfil what would undoubtedly be a lifelong desire to be normal size (Even if it's only while in this world).

I know I'm a rationalist, but I can't being who I am; therefore I must say that I don't like obvious character plot lines (It's almost forcing me to turn negative on Akatsuki despite the fact that i like her Shinobi sense of Honour)

I dislike Harem themes and mecha's for the some reasons. mecha's are absurd because a civilisation capable of building them would have the kind of computing power that negates a need for pilots; Optimus Prime does't need a Human Pilot. Harems need an individual with unique special attributes; no realism whatsoever given real life realities; girls don't like to share their men! the rivalry would be intense.

I gather that Akatsuki had a difficult past, but in a world of magic her seemingly insurmountable confidence problems are a potion cure away!

Last edited by Naole; 2014-01-25 at 05:09. Reason: Additional queries on Akatsuki
Old 2014-01-25, 05:13   Link #1905
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naole View Post
A few queries!

I'm on Vol. 6 so I'm not overly familiar with Vol. 7, but even though I miss Shiroe & Naotsugu I'm a bit underwhelmed by Shiroe; I'm yet to see his famed skills as Enchanter. My MMO RPG experience is a little more than Basic; I lack the patience for dealing with inter-personal requirements of Party Quests so I'm more at home with Real Time Campaign Strategy Games.

However Strategic Thinking is at the Heart of RTS gaming so Shiroe's "Full Control Encounter" is not that unusual. Predicting and controlling the flow of battle is essential in RTS especially in online RTS; being aware of the Combat resources at your disposal is critical to surviving high intensity battles as you apply you tactics. Even more so when dealing with enemy swarms.

At the battle of Roka(Loka) Shiroe allowed his Front line defence to take heavy damage despite the fact that he had the tools to control the flow of battle given that his mind attribute spells would have severe effects in the alternate reality. Accuracy Support, Keen Edge and Reflex Boost or even Overrunner would have been of grate use to Naotsugu. In the absence of a healer you can't allow high damage to you main defense. You'd have to somehow believe that he can't communicate with Akatsuki; he stalled the start of combat to allow her to deal with the PK mages so once that is don it was a simple matter for her to then take out the healer thus turning the battle in their vafour before it even begins.

The same can be said about the Battle with Brigandia's 10. Akatsuki equipped with Keen Edge and Overrunner could have taken out Londark and the healers before they healed Demiglace, and a number of buffs on both Nyanta and Naotsugu would have made them far more resilient and effective. By Hiding the presence of a High level damage dealer like Akatsuki they already had the tactical initiative; giving them the ability to exploit the enemy weaknesses at liberty. But for some reason Shiroe didn't take the tactical initiative choosing to rather depend on the psychological shock of his opponents; something that is very hard to predict let alone do in an environment where the enemies are essentially immortal.

Either the writer is deliberately holding back the tactical abilities of the main protagonist Shiroe in order to show them off at a later stage (in which case the questions still persist) or perhaps the famed tactical skills of the main protagonist Shiroe are being deliberately hyped as a set up for a future crash.

At some point the main protagonist Shiroe has to either live up to the legend or fail, but this can't go on unabated.

If the source of Akatsuki's lack of Confidence stems from here physical size isn't it a simple matter of her using Roderick's potions to gain a bit more height?

The fact is that they're trapped in an alternate world where changing your physical attributes is possible trough the use of potions is just like cosmetic surgery in the real world; thus no big deal. Given that Akatsuki has experienced a lifetime of abuse because of short stature I can't imagine why after a few months she simply doesn't fulfil what would undoubtedly be a lifelong desire to be normal size (Even if it's only while in this world).

I know I'm a rationalist, but I can't being who I am; therefore I must say that I don't like obvious character plot lines (It's almost forcing me to turn negative on Akatsuki despite the fact that i like her Shinobi sense of Honour)

I dislike Harem themes and mecha's for the some reasons. mecha's are absurd because a civilisation capable of building them would have the kind of computing power that negates a need for pilots; Optimus Prime does't need a Human Pilot. Harems need an individual with unique special attributes; no realism whatsoever given real life realities; girls don't like to share their men! the rivalry would be intense.

I gather that Akatsuki had a difficult past, but in a world of magic her seemingly insurmountable confidence problems are a potion cure away!
because it is gonna get a while to get used to her new body(and she wants to be of help to his lord), and if they ever return she will have to get used to her normal body again.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 06:00   Link #1906
Naole

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
because it is gonna get a while to get used to her new body(and she wants to be of help to his lord), and if they ever return she will have to get used to her normal body again.
Girls wear heals all the time so I think disciplined Akatsuki would be able to handle 3-4 Centimetres a month; she could have gained 10 Centimetres in about 3 months without a serious inconvenience.

The freedom of actions require only Resolve to initiate!
Old 2014-01-25, 09:26   Link #1907
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Girls wear heals all the time so I think disciplined Akatsuki would be able to handle 3-4 Centimetres a month; she could have gained 10 Centimetres in about 3 months without a serious inconvenience.

Only that a serious person like Akatsuki will only sees this as further self-delusion; this will only do more damage to her self-image as she would think that she has to resort to cheating in order to stay by Shiroe's side. Don't forget that she's the kind of person who eschews anything more than simple make-up; anything superficial doesn't sit well with her, which is why she's in such distress in the first place.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 10:36   Link #1908
Naole

Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Only that a serious person like Akatsuki will only sees this as further self-delusion; this will only do more damage to her self-image as she would think that she has to resort to cheating in order to stay by Shiroe's side. Don't forget that she's the kind of person who eschews anything more than simple make-up; anything superficial doesn't sit well with her, which is why she's in such distress in the first place.
I will concede that your read of the complicated nature of the Akatsuki character is most likely more accurate than my own but it still bothers me a bit that there's such a focus on this character in Vol. 6 without further details on the history of Akatsuki's affliction; at the very least a section of a chapter on her life story is necessary to articulate her deep pain; not the passing reference in vol. 5

Last edited by Naole; 2014-01-25 at 10:39. Reason: grammer
Old 2014-01-25, 13:10   Link #1909
DQueenie13

Quote:
I will concede that your read of the complicated nature of the Akatsuki character is most likely more accurate than my own but it still bothers me a bit that there's such a focus on this character in Vol. 6 without further details on the history of Akatsuki's affliction; at the very least a section of a chapter on her life story is necessary to articulate her deep pain; not the passing reference in vol. 5
That ... was in volume 5. Read it again, there were two whole parts dedicated solely on her and her pain, not including the scene where she's talking with Shiroe. It pops up again in volume 6 as well.
Old 2014-01-25, 13:10   Link #1910
Ganja

"In the theory of Vernadsky, the noosphere is the third in a succession of phases of development of the Earth"

Noosphere Pioneers, the 12th expansion pack for ET. The name works well to hint at the reality they currently are in.

... I kept thinking it was just a very pheonetic meaning. Pioneers on Noo (new) Sphere (Earth)
Ganja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 02:27   Link #1911
Voceane

I read all the part translate and from what I understand, Minori doesn't love Shiroe like a girl love her boyfriend but more like a little girl like her father.
Quote:

Did you try to walk with heels?
You can't run with heels.
You need a plane and hard floor to be able to walk.
I know that most manga have girls who fight with heels but it's IMPOSSIBLE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganja View Post
"In the theory of Vernadsky, the noosphere is the third in a succession of phases of development of the Earth"

Noosphere Pioneers, the 12th expansion pack for ET. The name works well to hint at the reality they currently are in.

... I kept thinking it was just a very pheonetic meaning. Pioneers on Noo (new) Sphere (Earth)
If Mamare want to do that, he will write something like NYU and not NOO. Even if it's possible I don't think it's what NOOSPHERE means for Mamare.
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 02:53   Link #1912
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I just start reading LH, since I enjoy watching the anime and I wanted to know the different between or what was completely missing from the anime.

Wow, 1st discovery is that the need to use the toilet even in the game world (I know, it only started when they got trap in the game world) but can you imagine that function applying to real MMORPG. Can you imagine playing WOW and half way through a raid, you stop your team from going further cause your character needed to take a dump?

Is there any major changes that you know? since I haven't goes through the 96 pages yet.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 03:19   Link #1913
Iamis

If you needed to take a dump in a raid or something for your character you could just go find some dirty corner or something, Its not like most dungeons will get any dirtier with the addition of human waste
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 04:03   Link #1914
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

LOL hahahaha, true, and while your character is taking a dump in a corner of a dungeons, out pop a goblin and stab you.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 05:46   Link #1915
Naole

Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
I read all the part translate and from what I understand, Minori doesn't love Shiroe like a girl love her boyfriend but more like a little girl like her father.
Did you try to walk with heels?
You can't run with heels.
You need a plane and hard floor to be able to walk.
I know that most manga have girls who fight with heels but it's IMPOSSIBLE.
I get that heals are difficult, but I'm not talking about Akatsuki wearing heals (although she did wear them to practice her dancing at the Palace of Eternal Ice); I'm talking about her adjusting her height by 2-3 cm a month. Medical journals a full of scientific research of motor skills effects of growth spurts on teens. And it's not that hard to deal with the incremental increase in the size of limbs.

Also Minori definitely has romantic love for Shiroe (which is wrong on so many levels! so.. so wrong)

Questions

I keep hearing that The Fourland Dukedom is overrun by Monsters; does that mean it's the one without a player City? Does it have a Cathedral though?

in the kanami side-story there's the possibility of a large scale combat event in a town with a Shrine/temple or something like that

If they turn of the Barrier in Akiba doesn't that mean it could be overrun by monsters too?

Last edited by Naole; 2014-01-26 at 06:25. Reason: Additional stuff
Old 2014-01-26, 06:04   Link #1916
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I get that heals are difficult, but I'm not talking about Akatsuki wearing heals (although she did wear them to practice her dancing at the Palace of Eternal Ice); I'm talking about her adjusting her height by 2-3 cm a month. Medical journals a full of scientific research of motor skills effects of growth spurts on teens. And it's not that hard to deal with the incremental increase in the size of limbs.
Adjust her size once a month with the rare and incredibly expensive potion that causes tremendous amounts of pain when used, you mean?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 06:12   Link #1917
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

Wait, I haven't read the newest vols so I'm not sure, but I thought Rodrick or Charasin invented some kind of potions that allow people to change their appearances!?
kyou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 06:30   Link #1918
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou13 View Post
Wait, I haven't read the newest vols so I'm not sure, but I thought Rodrick or Charasin invented some kind of potions that allow people to change their appearances!?
Yeah, it only changes 2 aspects of physical appearance though and still costs a pretty penny.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 11:48   Link #1919
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamis View Post
If you needed to take a dump in a raid or something for your character you could just go find some dirty corner or something, Its not like most dungeons will get any dirtier with the addition of human waste
Player: takes dump
Tentacle Plant monster spawn underneath Player
Tentacle Plant monster attacks.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2014-01-26 at 15:44.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 11:57   Link #1920
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Seeing how Tetra is now, I wonder if that G.I.R.L in DDD has turned into female voice yet.

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers