AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-05, 21:09   Link #141
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

He will manage to make a scratch on that shiny white armor that no one was able to touch before.

The manga is so predictable. Yawn.
Old 2012-01-05, 21:16   Link #142
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
He will manage to make a scratch on that shiny white armor that no one was able to touch before.

The manga is so predictable. Yawn.
Yeah, that's what I predict, too. Actually, I predicted it two months ago when Aizen was first introduced. I said he'd probably end up losing, but will succeed in putting on good enough a show that people see something in him. Then he'll cry tears of sadness as he whines about how he wants to win next time.
Old 2012-01-06, 10:51   Link #143
blade82

or maybe he'll win this match beacause he learned old techniques that no one knows
Old 2012-01-06, 20:38   Link #144
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I guess everything is progressing along well enough, do think it will go as some have said.

Besides all that is happening, loved the side story!

Moar Tsubame please!!!
Old 2012-01-12, 14:30   Link #145
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 18:
Old 2012-01-12, 15:53   Link #146
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 18:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-13, 18:35   Link #147
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 18:
Old 2012-01-13, 19:29   Link #148
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for 18:
The problem is that the mangaka set him up for a predictable loss. No one was expecting him to win. Everyone was expecting him to lose, but during the fight do something that made people "see something in him" despite getting his ass handed to him, which is what exactly happened.

The mangaka failed at the number one rule of making a rival character-- don't make him so overpowered that there's really no rivalry. Naruto and Sasuke worked because they were on relatively same power levels. Same thing with Ippo and his rival. A rival character should be on an even playing field, or maybe slightly better. Not this giant mountain with zero weaknesses who can steamroll everyone in seconds and making the lead irrelevant. That should be saved for a last boss and sure as hell shouldn't be introduced to kick the leads ass in the first couple months of the mangas life. Instead, we just wasted 10 chapters already knowing the outcome, knowing Kurogane was going to lose, which is no fun, and it'll rush itself into a training arc right after this... And training arcs tend to be boring.

That's one of the reasons why Be'elzebub is so enjoyable to me right now. It has action, but it's never dragged out and any training that's going on only last a few chapters at most.
Old 2012-01-13, 19:38   Link #149
ShiroiRyu

I don't count that on a overwhelming victory.
He touch him no ? So for me, he is not that much powerful ... The only thing who disturbing me is they said he is the best in Japan. /D
Old 2012-01-13, 21:32   Link #150
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Not this giant mountain with zero weaknesses who can steamroll everyone in seconds and making the lead irrelevant. That should be saved for a last boss and sure as hell shouldn't be introduced to kick the leads ass in the first couple months of the mangas life. Instead, we just wasted 10 chapters already knowing the outcome, knowing Kurogane was going to lose, which is no fun, and it'll rush itself into a training arc right after this... And training arcs tend to be boring.
But that what's his face guy is the final boss and the rival character is supposedly Shidou, remember?

Well, that might be that but my interest in this series has completely evaporated since long ago, also on accounts of "this would have been way better as a realist Seinen" and "script so predictable to the point that one can skip 10 chapters and still been up to date with the story".
Old 2012-01-13, 21:41   Link #151
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The mangaka failed at the number one rule of making a rival character-- don't make him so overpowered that there's really no rivalry. Naruto and Sasuke worked because they were on relatively same power levels. Same thing with Ippo and his rival. A rival character should be on an even playing field, or maybe slightly better. Not this giant mountain with zero weaknesses who can steamroll everyone in seconds and making the lead irrelevant. That should be saved for a last boss and sure as hell shouldn't be introduced to kick the leads ass in the first couple months of the mangas life. Instead, we just wasted 10 chapters already knowing the outcome, knowing Kurogane was going to lose, which is no fun, and it'll rush itself into a training arc right after this... And training arcs tend to be boring.
What? Kurogane's rival is Shidou. Yodaka is his goal.
Old 2012-01-14, 01:01   Link #152
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Was a good chapter. I enjoyed it.
Old 2012-01-14, 01:06   Link #153
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Predictable...not really drop-worthy though, it's a light read and kinda fun.
Old 2012-01-14, 02:03   Link #154
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What? Kurogane's rival is Shidou. Yodaka is his goal.
I just find it difficult for Shidou to be a true rival when they're on the same team. :P

Either way, it was still predictable and we spent 10 chapters already knowing the outcome of the fight. That's never good. I don't like wasting two months already knowing the guy I'm rooting for is going to lose. Plus, I'm just not a fan of the Boring Invincible Villain trope (even if the enemy isn't a villain).

But anyway, I don't really see the manga going anywhere except following your typical shounen route, which is the reason why I avoid 99% of WSJ anyway. Too many of the mangas are really generic.
Old 2012-01-19, 16:59   Link #155
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 19:
Old 2012-01-19, 17:13   Link #156
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for 19:
Old 2012-01-19, 17:55   Link #157
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@Kafriel
Spoiler for 19:
Old 2012-01-19, 18:13   Link #158
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

More love comedy? Good, it wasn't really making it as a pure sport manga.
Old 2012-01-22, 16:45   Link #159
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
More love comedy? Good, it wasn't really making it as a pure sport manga.
+1

Just caught up with last 2 chapters and if some good romcom antics ensue.
Wasn't quite into the kendo stuff after that certian part but am very much looking forward to the romcom anitcs cause I can't deny I love Tsubame~!

Just hope it plays better than say Smash(which I'll say the best girl lost out in that series....or the guy lost out so to speak)

Troublesome and a tad creepy but new guy does seem interesting, think he'll bring the lolz to the story.
Old 2012-01-22, 16:48   Link #160
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Love comedy... but there are only guys? Uh, oh.