AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-28, 17:33   Link #1
Edo

Why can't Rock Lee use Chakra?

Hey all,

I was curious to know why Rock Lee cannot use chakra. Is it because his body has no chakra in it at all or he is unable to somehow control chakra.

Reason why I ask is, if Rock Lee has no Chakra in his body, when he opens the gates Chakra freely flows from him, so he should have access to Chakra and he can finally do some Jutsus? Or is it just Rock Lee somehow some strange way cannot control Chakra even though he is extermely disciplined...
Edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 17:40   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edo
Hey all,

I was curious to know why Rock Lee cannot use chakra. Is it because his body has no chakra in it at all or he is unable to somehow control chakra.

Reason why I ask is, if Rock Lee has no Chakra in his body, when he opens the gates Chakra freely flows from him, so he should have access to Chakra and he can finally do some Jutsus? Or is it just Rock Lee somehow some strange way cannot control Chakra even though he is extermely disciplined...
As far as I know he doesn't know how to mold his chakra in order to use it for jutsu's. Chakra is some kind of internal energy which can but mustn't be used for jutsu's. When he opens the gates he allows more energy to flow freely throughout his body, thus removing certain restrictions on his body. This allows him to go alot further than a normal human body would be able to do. However having lots of chakra doesn't mean you can do jutsu's. Look at naruto for example, he has near infinite chakra but couldn't control it at first, with lousy jutsu's as a consequence.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 17:46   Link #3
Edo

I guess I just find it perplexing and aggrovating for such a well discpline, patient, and strong willed charachter who can't mold chakra... I mean it seems like in the Naruto universe to mold chakra one has to have charachteristics like Lee... I dunno, its just wierd.. Just saying he sucks at Ninjutsu/Genjutsu isn't enough for me.. I mean he wasn't good at Taijutsu at the start, but he worked hard and now rocks at it.. Yet it cant apply to other areas without any logical answer besides he sucks at it.

But Rock Lee still rocks anywho..
Edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 20:11   Link #4
Zek
Eyebrows...

He definitely has and uses chakra, as evidenced by his gate opening, he just isn't capable of using it for jutsus. I guess it's just some sort of ninja birth defect, I don't think the details are terribly important.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 22:50   Link #5
UserName

He just has a lack of talent to mold chakra for ninjutsu and genjutsu. I don't think you can survive without any chakra whatsoever in your body...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 23:02   Link #6
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
He just has a lack of talent to mold chakra for ninjutsu and genjutsu. I don't think you can survive without any chakra whatsoever in your body...
You're right, it was mentioned in an episode that when your chakra hits zero... you die.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 23:20   Link #7
Cesario

Send a message via MSN to Cesario
Haha... so it reminds me of Kakashi. Wad if Kakashi use Chidori 4 times?
Cesario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 01:01   Link #8
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
You're right, it was mentioned in an episode that when your chakra hits zero... you die.
And they've ignored it ever after. Remember how kage bunshin is a "forbidden technique"?
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 01:36   Link #9
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Lee is basically like Naruto. Where Naruto is bad at molding AND controlling chakra, Lee is simply incapable of it for some unknown reason. He can only apply his chakra into increased stamina like a normal human being which means he can only make himself physically fast and strong. They probably won't explain and he will likely never be able to use nin- or gen- jutsu because his theme is hardwork over natural born talent. Its safe to assume he was born without the capability of performing anything but taijutsu.
Old 2004-12-29, 01:57   Link #10
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
And they've ignored it ever after. Remember how kage bunshin is a "forbidden technique"?
They haven't ignored it, it just isn't easily possible for one to completely drain their body's chakra. Think of it like holding your breath; even if you can stop yourself from breathing, you'll pass out long before you die. When a character passes out from lack of chakra, it's assumed that they have just a little bit left, not enough to maintain consciousness but enough to keep them alive.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 04:06   Link #11
beanmonkey
Stalker

Since Lee doesn't know how too use his chakra. How does breaking his gates help him in battle? Doesn't the gates only increase his level of chakra or does it do something else?
beanmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 04:11   Link #12
Palani
///_^

The Chakra enhances his physical movement. Just like how Chouji increased his Chakra and thus his physical capabilities using the Pills.

It's all DBZ Super Saiyan Style/
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 04:17   Link #13
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanmonkey
Since Lee doesn't know how too use his chakra. How does breaking his gates help him in battle? Doesn't the gates only increase his level of chakra or does it do something else?
Gates limit the amount of Chakra in the body, thus by releasing those gates your chakra is also raised, this results in your stamina etc being raised as well.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 12:15   Link #14
UzumakiKitsu
Foxy Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Lee is basically like Naruto. Where Naruto is bad at molding AND controlling chakra, Lee is simply incapable of it for some unknown reason. He can only apply his chakra into increased stamina like a normal human being which means he can only make himself physically fast and strong. They probably won't explain and he will likely never be able to use nin- or gen- jutsu because his theme is hardwork over natural born talent. Its safe to assume he was born without the capability of performing anything but taijutsu.
I don't know- in the very beginnings of the first Chuunin exams, we see that Gai is apparently capable of performing Kuchiose no Jutsu to summon nin-turtles, although it is never mentioned again... I'm not expecting to see Lee with some newfound nin or genjutsu talents, but I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if he had surpassed his old weaknesses and had been able to learn some basic ninjutsu techniques.
UzumakiKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 12:32   Link #15
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Maybe "when you run out of chakura you die" == "youll be so weak your enemies will kill you easily when you run out"
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 12:35   Link #16
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I always thought of it like this.

Lee has Chakra, he can even use this Chakra with his strength, speed etc.

But when it comes to using Chakra for Jutsu's he just can't; Simple as that.

Hold on I will give another example, Lee is like a dyslexic when it comes to doing Jutsu's. It's not his fault he was simply born with this disability and just like many dyslexics IRL he excels in other areas i.e. Taijutsu.

Am I rambling?

Oh well that's my take on the matter anyhow make what you like of it. :fingers:
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 18:36   Link #17
Colordevil

I think the anime explained it.
Gai sensei noticed that Rock Lee cannot use Gen-jutsu and Nin-jutsu well, yet has the potential with Tai-jutsu. So Gai trained Rock Lee only in that area, since he also experted in that area. That is why it seemed as if Rock Lee cannot use chakra.
Colordevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 23:52   Link #18
Forever
Revealing the truth

The anime never mentioned that gai can only do taijutsu, just that he was a taijutsu master. So being such a elite jounin surely he can do more than just taijustu...
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 07:09   Link #19
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
The anime never mentioned that gai can only do taijutsu, just that he was a taijutsu master. So being such a elite jounin surely he can do more than just taijustu...
Yes he can. He can also summon Turtles.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 07:54   Link #20
Forever
Revealing the truth

Turtles seem to be a quite useless summons.... Maybe can be used to cross the river or sea, but in combat? Even a 100 foot turtle is good only for squashing.....

Unless of course Gai can summon teenage mutant ninja turtles (pun intended), then i have nothing to say
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote