2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-26, 17:22   Link #161
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
I don't think that the Lancelot would be able to get a major upgrade simply his weapons and speed is it most important thing and they would have already improved that before the fight.
I never said lancelot would/could get an upgrade. I said the data can be used to build a new model not upgrade this one.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 17:29   Link #162
Kisuke06
I see...

Orange-kun survived? Hehe.

It seems that CC has quite a past... I wonder what is her name. Overall this was a very good episode. Lancelot's fight with Kallen was very nice, It has been quite a while that I haven't watched a good mecha fight. =]
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 17:29   Link #163
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zka View Post
Haha I feel absolutely the same. Cant wait until he gets owned or killed so I can continue enjoying geass without him.
Flame me if you want but IMO I feel that Suzuka is what a Britannian should be and with the Lancelot, he may or may not push forth his ideals. Especially with Euphie. I was a little surprised that the Britannian army evacuated the civilians in the surrounding area before moving in.

Not only that but he's the only thing Britannia has against Lelouch and his invincible Karen.

That and I feel that with him in the Britannian army, Lelouch has a greater chance of succeeding his goals though how he'll do this I'm not sure but I'm just spectulating here.

Plus, I'm interested to see his past and what's the deal with his father (I feel that he most likely killed his father to avoid Japan from being completely decimated)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 19:11   Link #164
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Flame me if you want but IMO I feel that Suzuka is what a Britannian should be and with the Lancelot, he may or may not push forth his ideals. Especially with Euphie. I was a little surprised that the Britannian army evacuated the civilians in the surrounding area before moving in.

Not only that but he's the only thing Britannia has against Lelouch and his invincible Karen.

That and I feel that with him in the Britannian army, Lelouch has a greater chance of succeeding his goals though how he'll do this I'm not sure but I'm just spectulating here.

Plus, I'm interested to see his past and what's the deal with his father (I feel that he most likely killed his father to avoid Japan from being completely decimated)
Ah, but that's exactly the problem; he ISN'T a Britannian. Never mind the fact that the 11s hate his guts for betraying his people, Suzaku isn't an equal to even the lowest peasant in Britannian society. He is nothing more than a slave, as the word "honorary" in his honorary-britannian status is nothing more than the word "sub" in "sub-human".

The day he is called a britannian without the word "honorary" attached, (which is NEVER), is when he can actually do anything useful.
Old 2006-12-26, 19:12   Link #165
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
Orange-kun survived? Hehe.

It seems that CC has quite a past... I wonder what is her name. Overall this was a very good episode. Lancelot's fight with Kallen was very nice, It has been quite a while that I haven't watched a good mecha fight. =]
oh yes the mecha fight was smooth rather than using lazers to just *pwe**pew* the opponent we see smooth kungfoo like actions ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 19:32   Link #166
ZombieSheep

The problem I have with Suzaku isn't about his ideal or anything but more about his preachyness and method.

I mean all we see is pretty much he going on trying to stop the 11s (or Japaneses whichever way you prefer to refer them in this show) from fighting back in any way.

that probably won't annoy me as much if we are actually shown him trying to change the system as he promise to do, but we didn't get anything like that, it feels like he is just a preaching machine out there to enforce his policy on the 11s while helping or letting the Britannian military do whatever the hell they want. (I think not shooting Lelouche was the last thing he did for the numbered people, but then Lelouche is technically a Britannian prince and a childhood friend so there goes that point)

All of his suppose accomplishments seemly just came to him by luck without him really put in any effort (ie. future queen of the world drop down on his lap from the sky, literally) and even then he doesn't seem to be using them to further his promise goal. He just sorta joins the military and floats to where the mission takes him.

So basically we have a lucky character here that just talks about ideals, do nothing about them, and only show up to display his l33t piloting skills (occasionally stopping the plot from advancing further, this point probably piss me off the most)

and about the evacuating civilian thing, I thought that's because it's an Britannian city, i mean the few shots we saw of the city before it gets messed up by the land slide showed it's a decently maintained city, which I have the impression that the 11s don't get to live in that kind of area. But I could be wrong since the JLF base is like right next door.
ZombieSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 19:47   Link #167
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

what whould he be shown doing?preaching to the soldiers? he's gaiing the trust of a princess and her even more powerful sister. If you want to change something you have to gather powefull allies :P Lulu is just more radical and he's the main char so he gets the most screentime. But his way is much more dangerous and will cost him much in the process.

Old 2006-12-26, 19:52   Link #168
Nainara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh yes the mecha fight was smooth rather than using lazers to just *pwe**pew* the opponent we see smooth kungfoo like actions ^_^
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I still dont think we've seen Suzaku's patented flying kick move actually work on anyone. Everybody knows how to block the thing and Karen even takes a piece of lancelot's foot with it.
Nainara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 19:54   Link #169
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nainara View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I still dont think we've seen Suzaku's patented flying kick move actually work on anyone. Everybody knows how to block the thing and Karen even takes a piece of lancelot's foot with it.
She takes the "shoe" not he foot

Old 2006-12-26, 19:57   Link #170
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Ah, but that's exactly the problem; he ISN'T a Britannian. Never mind the fact that the 11s hate his guts for betraying his people, Suzaku isn't an equal to even the lowest peasant in Britannian society. He is nothing more than a slave, as the word "honorary" in his honorary-britannian status is nothing more than the word "sub" in "sub-human".

The day he is called a britannian without the word "honorary" attached, (which is NEVER), is when he can actually do anything useful.
Whoa whoa, misunderstanding here.

What I mean was that Suzuka is much closer to what a Britannian should be.

Therein lies the irony, even though he's not born Britannian, he represents the ideal britannian. Since their such a knightish society, I would shoot for honor, loyalty, and noble.

Quote:
what whould he be shown doing?preaching to the soldiers? he's gaiing the trust of a princess and her even more powerful sister. If you want to change something you have to gather powefull allies :P Lulu is just more radical and he's the main char so he gets the most screentime. But his way is much more dangerous and will cost him much in the process.
Words speak louder than words. Preaching isn't the way to do it anyways and wouldn't achieve anything.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2006-12-26 at 21:36.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 19:57   Link #171
ZombieSheep

That's the thing, those two thing sorta just come to him by luck. It's not like he planned to get close to those people, he just got shot at the right time and end up with Lancelot and having the the younger and nicer princess drop on and attach to him and thus gaining some trust from the otherwise cold imperial princess. No planning, no work, no effort, things just works out for him.

I mean would it kill the show to show him at least trying to get to know more people in power and try to warm them up to other numbers. Just something that shows that he is actually trying to change the system other than just going with the flow.
Old 2006-12-26, 20:05   Link #172
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieSheep View Post
I mean would it kill the show to show him at least trying to get to know more people in power and try to warm them up to other numbers. Just something that shows that he is actually trying to change the system other than just going with the flow.
You do that when you ARE somebody not when you're just a spit on the shoes for the most of them. Is that really so hard to see? It's the hard way. What you want him to be doing is only achievable with Geass and he doesn't have it.

Old 2006-12-26, 20:05   Link #173
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nainara View Post
but its still better than hiding behind your shield and just shoot with lazers (godammit i blame GSD ) ~ the grappling hook tool is really cool to show off some fancy moves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
She takes the "shoe" not he foot
and for some reason i find that comment highly amusing XD

~ btw something has been bugging me for a while now...how did suzaku get picked to pilot the lancelot in the first place?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2006-12-26 at 21:03.
Old 2006-12-26, 20:19   Link #174
Nainara

Quote:
~ btw something has been bugging me for a while now...how did suzaku get picked to pilot the lancelot in the first place?
A very good question, and maybe one that belongs in the QA thread for attention. I was wondering that myself.
Old 2006-12-26, 20:20   Link #175
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Schneizel just knows how to pick perfect pawns

Old 2006-12-26, 20:21   Link #176
ZombieSheep

I don't remember why he was picked too, that's why I keep thinking that he is just lucky, but I guess you can sorta say the same about Lelouche getting Geass, since he and CC sorta just meet again by chance almost.

I didn't think being nice to commanding people will require geass specially when you know a imperial princess that adores you. but that is the military, talking out of turns probably will get him killed, so I'll agree with you on that. But all this sorta leads back to being in the military isn't really a smart way to start that change the system from within point.

But still, I just wanna see him making effort instead of looking as if he is doing nothing. That would pretty much bring him from my "just died already" list to "slightly annoying" list.
Old 2006-12-26, 20:29   Link #177
Nainara

Quote:
But still, I just wanna see him making effort instead of looking as if he is doing nothing. That would pretty much bring him from my "just died already" list to "slightly annoying" list.
Someone already mentioned it much earier in this thread, but I wonder if we'll be seeing a brand new Suzaku after his recent encounter with CC. I'd like nothing more than the satisfaction of seeing his pristine views muddied into something like Lelo's.

That would be a welcome change over the 'nice guy always wins' theme going with recent sunrise productions.
Old 2006-12-26, 20:34   Link #178
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
I don't remember why he was picked too, that's why I keep thinking that he is just lucky, but I guess you can sorta say the same about Lelouche getting Geass, since he and CC sorta just meet again by chance almost.

I didn't think being nice to commanding people will require geass specially when you know a imperial princess that adores you. but that is the military, talking out of turns probably will get him killed, so I'll agree with you on that. But all this sorta leads back to being in the military isn't really a smart way to start that change the system from within point.

About Lulu meeting CC, its not pure luck. CC is looking for him, she whispered so in ep1. A few sec at the beginning of the serie, you also seen her watching young lulu which was playing with Susaku.

About Changing the system by becoming pilot. Keep in mind that the country he is trying to change is Britania. It is the country where the strong gets everything leaving the weak ones on the ground. If you want to change it from inside, you got to be big. If you want to become big, you got to be powerful. Gainning high rank in millitary will play a role in that.

Unlike what we have here in US, Britania is a country ruled by millitary. The king rules the country using his supreme power to suppress the weak. He even went as far as having his children kil one another to prove they are strong.

If susaku want to change the country from inside, joinning the millitary might be the best option. Not only he can the authority of Honored Britania, he has some 'chance' of getting promoted.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 20:52   Link #179
ZombieSheep

I didn't say Lulu meeting CC is pure luck and I did point out they meet before, but what I'm saying luck play a big role in it. she was more or less trapped in a fake chemical bomb, how was she suppose to find anybody effectively.

about the becoming the pilot bit, remember normal numbered people aren't allow to pilot, Suzaku lucks out once again.

and about the whole joining the military thing, I wasn't given the impression that the normal 11s has much of a career advancement pass cannon folder squad leader.

on top of that, the upper half of the military seem to be eager to get rid of them too. all and all just seem like a bad place to start, it seem better if you starts somewhere else then jump ranks in maybe? (I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, I don't know shit about the military, if you can only start at the bottom, then I guess there is really no other way then being lucky).

I alway thought being something of a journalist would fare much better, military are made of people, which theoretically can still be changed by good messages (keyword: theoretically, I really don't know what the hell I'm talking about). but on second thought Diethard did get demoted for that hotel incident It's probably gonna be even harder for a numbered person to do anything.
Old 2006-12-26, 21:05   Link #180
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Schneizel just knows how to pick perfect pawns
the sly b*****d but seriously to...i personally wouldnt have trusted a mere 11 to pilot the "godly" frame ~ funny how they even let just some britannia solder with no past experience (besides the simulator) to pilot such a frame O.o i smell INBOU!