AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-04, 06:26   Link #1121
Arael

Quote:
Originally Posted by synx View Post
You know the authors haven't mentioned the vibration warhead in ~30 chapters. I wonder if they forgot about it already.
It seems to me that the characters in Japanese stories often forget to do their fetch quest when they're given one. Look at Zero No Tsukaima. Given a simple fetch quest by a water elemental in exchange for the Water Elemental's tears, promptly forget to go fetch the item. Jerks.
Old 2013-12-04, 07:10   Link #1122
DLRevan

To be fair, they're trying to breach the blockade to do just that, and they've been taking steps to fulfill that particular goal.

Though it's true, the Vibration warhead has been so under-featured, I'd forgotten which ship was carrying it.
DLRevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 10:05   Link #1123
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Spoiler for a bit of prediction spoiler:

Don't know why, I have a strong feeling they are going to use the vibration warhead on Kongo when the time comes, and collect data on the warhead using her as a live subject.
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 10:30   Link #1124
synx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim yy View Post
Spoiler for a bit of prediction spoiler:

Don't know why, I have a strong feeling they are going to use the vibration warhead on Kongo when the time comes, and collect data on the warhead using her as a live subject.
Or

Spoiler for speculation:
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 14:56   Link #1125
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Anyway, this will be the last issue of this year (that gets translated by me XD), I'll post my translations here for everyone to see.
Part two coming soon~~~~~

Spoiler for Chapter 51:

Last edited by Tim yy; 2013-12-09 at 17:01.
Old 2013-12-04, 17:02   Link #1126
synx

Are you doing C->E or J->E Tim?
Old 2013-12-04, 17:34   Link #1127
Tenzen12

Good job as always

I am liking thes MM more and more with every chapter, I hope noone will get hurt.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 21:55   Link #1128
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
Are you doing C->E or J->E Tim?
It's from C->E.

Quote:
Good job as always

I am liking thes MM more and more with every chapter, I hope noone will get hurt.
Thanks XD, I think Ashigara still needs to be taught a lesson, she's a student after all.
Old 2013-12-05, 01:06   Link #1129
DLRevan

Spoiler:

Seeing the Myoko sisters agan has me recall a conversation from chapter 48.

Whats the significance of referring to Takao as their 'elder sister'? It's a little vague, but it might have also applied to Atago. Certainly not by commission dates of the originals, since the Myoko cruisers and Atago were all commissioned before Takao. If it's something trivial, it wouldn't have been emphasized or even mentioned, I think? Is it the experience?

Last edited by DLRevan; 2013-12-05 at 01:30.
Old 2013-12-05, 01:42   Link #1130
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Maybe it'S the date that they activated as fog Vessels. The way it is mention the fog ships didn't all activate at once it seems. To me it seemed like they activated 1 by 1 over a certain unknown length time.
Old 2013-12-05, 04:28   Link #1131
DLRevan

But that's what I'm talking about when I say it can't be something trivial. Unless the time of their activation is relevant in some way, why even mention that piece of information in the story?
Old 2013-12-05, 06:15   Link #1132
Tenzen12

To be honest, I can't see it to be more than just throw away remark. No blatant emphasis on it.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 09:10   Link #1133
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Spoiler for C51 Spoiler Discussion:

Quote:
Whats the significance of referring to Takao as their 'elder sister'
It's just something to give Fog MMs a little more character, it's the simplest way to show courtesy and rank among ships of the same class. (of course, for our Asians, this is the simplest way to portray closeness among blood-relatives)
Both Atago and Maya are referring Takao as the elder sister
Myoko actually referring Ashigara, Nachi, as second, and third daughters of the family.
There are twin sister-ships like Hyuuga and Isse, 400 and 402, Haruna and Kirishima are so close to a point that they can simply ignores this way of addressing one another.

Last edited by Tim yy; 2013-12-05 at 09:26.
Old 2013-12-05, 09:48   Link #1134
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

Quote:
I'll upload some more resources, I'm sure there are ppl here who can read Japanese and do a translation. Most of these have already been translated into Chinese. Can someone confirm if these are in the English manga chapters as well?

Spoiler for page 1:

Spoiler for page 2:

Spoiler for page 3:

Spoiler for page 4:
I have a request from synx requesting a translation, if possible.

Is there anybody who can help with this?

Quote:
Spoiler for C51 Spoiler Discussion:
I think that's just Ashigara being completely bonkers again. No need to read any deeper. Moving on from The Amazing Bobbing Cruiser...

Quote:
It's just something to give Fog MMs a little more character, it's the simplest way to show courtesy and rank among ships of the same class. (of course, for our Asians, this is the simplest way to portray closeness among blood-relatives)
Myoko actually referring Ashigara, Nachi, as second, and third daughters of the family.
There are twin sister-ships like Hyuuga and Isse, 400 and 402, Haruna and Kirishima are so close to a point that they can simply ignores this way of addressing one another.
Hopefully, some familial bonds will boost empathy all-around.
00Zy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 10:27   Link #1135
DLRevan

Quote:
I'm aware of that use of sibling honorifics. The thing I focused on though, is that Takao is the 'elder' one. Why? Even when used for someone not blood-related, it's still age-based.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but if it's meant to refer to Takao's experience as a mental model, that would be significant enough to me.
Old 2013-12-05, 10:40   Link #1136
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Well weather or not the reference is purely honorific or meaningful i cannot say for sure. But didn't Iona say to Takao at some point during the Iwoto act "Don't underestimate one of the oldest MM. So maybe it's not fog ship date activation but MM activation, by that standard it would make Yamato and Iona the oldest int he family that we know of currently.
Old 2013-12-05, 12:27   Link #1137
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
I'm aware of that use of sibling honorifics. The thing I focused on though, is that Takao is the 'elder' one. Why? Even when used for someone not blood-related, it's still age-based.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but if it's meant to refer to Takao's experience as a mental model, that would be significant enough to me.
There is no evidence as to Maya/Agato is referring to Takao as elder sister because she has more experience, or more elderly because her MM was formed earlier. We really have nothing to base upon expect pure speculations.

You can read the part in my previous post on how MM was designed and ships were chosen in the interview with the editors. It offers some sight as they did consult the "real" profile of the ship in history when creating the MM for the respective vessel.

I don't think there is a way to proceed further here without throwing around too many speculations.
Old 2013-12-05, 12:47   Link #1138
synx

Moving back on the speculation, what was it Takao realized here?

Spoiler for ch30 image:
Old 2013-12-05, 14:10   Link #1139
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Moving back on the speculation, what was it Takao realized here?

Spoiler for ch30 image:
Probably 'Human'
or 'The Admirality Code'

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 14:58   Link #1140
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Probably 'Human'
or 'The Admirality Code'
Well I would doubt that Iona is the "Admiralty Code" as in one of the chapters we saw that she was wearing a space suit. So she should be a distinct MM. Or was it the MM sitting in a field in the mountains. But I think it's the Space Suit MM since she had that earning that they went out of their way to show us.

Tags
action, comedy, sci-fi, seinen