Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-18, 09:32   Link #181
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So basically Prince of Walles is practically commander and Enterprise is MC. It would be better if Hiarchy were more obvious, but it might hopefully work. Belfast and Laffey do pretty good job too.

Anyway when I saw that shark fin, first though was it's actually the Architect (from Girls Frontline), but obviously it wasn't the case. Still it would be awesome crossover event
I got the impression Queen Elisabeth is.
So yeah the command structure is really intransparent here which is why an actual Admiral would have been nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, there is a concept of All-or-Nothing, which revolves around something about how certain parts of the ship can receive damage and the ship can go on fine while other parts cause critical failure. So that makes sense.

(Azur Lane teaching me more than my history teacher)
What all or nothing is referring to is that some areas of the ship are more heavily armored than others. The area from begin of the first forward turret to the last one (those two are included) are the citadel which is the most heavily armored area. Engineering is in there too.

I on the other hand referred to that all you need to do is distract one of them while another ship girl could sneak on board of their opponents hull, make their way to engineering and throw a wrench in. - Because there seems to be no crew there to stop them. --> Ship girl would be dead in the water and could be torpedoed from every side.

Really strange (and most likely unintended) weakness they gave the AL-Universe ship girls there oO

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-18, 10:05   Link #182
Tenzen12

Well It seemed to me Walles is one who does decisions on daily basis with Elisabeth being more of "minister of defense" then "admiral", if you get what I mean.

Well it would be definitelly better if clearly defined commander/admiral existed show, regardless whether it would belong person or shipgirl, rather then getting this and that ship is probably somewhat in charge.
Old 2019-10-18, 11:52   Link #183
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Just finished watching the first episode of the dub and it actually sounds pretty good.

From the Funimation forum, the VAs so far:

ENTERPRISE - Rachael Messer
AKAGI - Amber Lee Conners
UNICORN - Alexis Tipton
JAVELIN - Madeleine Morris
LAFFEY - Tia Ballard
KAGA - Dawn M. Bennett
CLEVELAND - Kristen McGuire
PRINCE OF WALES - Mallorie Rodak

Episode 1

AYANAMI - Lara Woodhull
BAILEY - Dani Chambers
BEAGLE - Sarah Roach
BULLDOG - Rachel Glass
ILLUSTRIOUS - Jad Saxton
SAN DIEGO (SONG) - Bryn Appril
VESTAL - Megan Shipman
ZUIKAKU - Michelle Rojas
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-18, 11:55   Link #184
James Rye

"...the proper decorum expected from a gentlewoman."
"First, we give your outfit a massive cleavage and trim your skirt by 10 cm and then..."
Well, I can see why Belfast has so many fans.^^
Old 2019-10-18, 12:18   Link #185
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Well, I can see why Belfast has so many fans.^^
She's got a great VA right?
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-18, 15:28   Link #186
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
She's got a great VA right?
Yep, classic Yui Horie.
Old 2019-10-18, 19:52   Link #187
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So basically Prince of Walles is practically commander and Enterprise is MC. It would be better if Hiarchy were more obvious, but it might hopefully work. Belfast and Laffey do pretty good job too.

Anyway when I saw that shark fin, first though was it's actually the Architect (from Girls Frontline), but obviously it wasn't the case. Still it would be awesome crossover event
Well, we have Queen Elizabeth, Prince of Wales, King George, etc, etc. That's what happens when you name your ships constantly based off royalty.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-19, 05:46   Link #188
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Yep, classic Yui Horie.
ah, did not recognize her voice. But now that I know that she's the v.a of Belfast, my interest in the show has increased even more.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-20, 17:08   Link #189
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think it's interesting and a bit surprising that they're continuing to turn this into a sort of character study about who these "shipgirls" actually are; what they're thinking, what they're feeling, how they are trying to relate to and cope with their role and the world around them. The analogy in this episode about being able to see that the sea was beautiful was quite poetic set against the background of figuring out who Enterprise really is. Finally by the end of the episode we start getting a clearer picture: someone who's fighting to protect the beauty only *others* can see, and with a very low/no sense of self (but a big heart). So I sort of revise my theory from last week -- this is not only about the young choosing the power of friendship over war (though this was also continued in this episode with the on-going development of Laffey, Ayanami, Javelin, etc.) but also about the sense of comraderie between all the ships (and their fate bound to the beautiful sea) being part of what propels them. We're starting to see the development of the answer to the opening episode's narration.

I mean, clearly, this is still in large part a fanservice show to see everyone's favorite ships in action and interacting with each other (both in battle and at play), but I think what the writer is doing with it is interesting. I understand that the game staff reached out to this writer in particular to ask them to do the treatment for the story, and I'm starting to see why. It's a very different and more introspective look at the characters than I was expecting.
Old 2019-10-21, 06:39   Link #190
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Yep, classic Yui Horie.
With Manaka Iwami voicing Fletcher & Pensacola, that means there are two Tohrus in AL..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 10:50   Link #191
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Enterprise and Belfast best girls for me so far. Hope that they're more prominent characters for the rest of the show.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 13:52   Link #192
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Enterprise and Belfast best girls for me so far. Hope that they're more prominent characters for the rest of the show.
Belfast was my first Oathed shipfu in the game.

Illustrious was second, Enty was third.
Old 2019-10-21, 14:38   Link #193
Kazu-kun

Enterprise may be reckless, but as Belfast noted at the end, her heart is in the right place. She's not acting like this out of a death wish or anything like that. She genuinely wants to help others.

Rather than scoldings or criticism, what she needs is a partner who can have her back and show her she doesn't have to do everything alone since there are people she can rely on. And it looks like Belfast has decided to be that person. I'm looking forwards to see how their relationship develops.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-10-21 at 16:24.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 16:21   Link #194
Tenzen12

More scolding and criticism wouldn't hurt either though.
Old 2019-10-24, 16:39   Link #195
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that was dicey at points. I really wasn't sure if they were going to actually start killing characters off or not. Either way the tension was there for Sheffield and a nice if not hilarious rescue by Edinburgh. Not to ignore the good work Belfast is putting in on getting Enterprise on a functional eating schedule.

Also it is kind of funny how Akashi is ending up getting picked up through this mission. Red Axis is done for now. Azur Lane has cornered the market on repair ships .

The drama continues for the starter ship trio as well. This was a good episode that focused on how tricky a spot Ayanami is in. There's no doubt she shares the pull that Laffey and Javelin have felt. But she's also got people counting on her that she cares about in the Sakura Empire. It may become a necessity for all sides to join up together instead of just a defection.

Also yeah, no regrets on Belfast being my first oathed ship.
Old 2019-10-24, 18:15   Link #196
AC-Phoenix
Detective

They are building a secret ship... Is Al trying to use the Anime to implement Yamato into their game...?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-24, 19:26   Link #197
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

From the looks of it, I think Akagi is probably trying to revive... hmm... is this even a spoiler? It's more of a guess than anything. But if you've played the game, you probably know who I am talking about.
But I do see the Yamato possibility too. Or maybe both?

Anyways, gosh, I wish we got to hear Mikuru more these days. Oh how the time flies.
There was only one main animator this episode, so despite it being mostly incredibly (the Observer part especially), it got kinda choppy once it got close to the end. Of course, where there is only one animator, their "style of animation" becomes noticeable. Not that I will say it is low quality, but at the least, it is unique.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2019-10-24, 21:08   Link #198
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the Sakura Empire looks really beautiful with all those sakura trees in full bloom
Old 2019-10-24, 21:50   Link #199
Tenzen12

So far AL is best anthropomorphic anime yet (which is not that high hurdle I admit). It still can't compare with Arpeggio the manga though.
Old 2019-10-24, 22:45   Link #200
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

As some people may have already kinda noticed, but other than the addition of characters, there is "progress" in the ED.
https://twitter.com/rise2032/status/1187540924634583040

Tags
sea battles, ship girls