Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-30, 13:20   Link #241
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So episode 13 was the last .

The firsts episode was promising until the show go down . Manji's seems amazing but he's a weak comparing to the others . I wonder why they are afraid of him even though he killed 100men he's not strong enough to beat alone the assassins .
So for me it became boring and + its incomplete . We don't know more about the other character . And the actions was kinda lame . The only great action was in the OP lol .
If the action was like the op then it'll be more good .

Total 3/10 .
Old 2009-03-31, 02:05   Link #242
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post

The firsts episode was promising until the show go down . Manji's seems amazing but he's a weak comparing to the others . I wonder why they are afraid of him even though he killed 100men he's not strong enough to beat alone the assassins .
So for me it became boring and + its incomplete . We don't know more about the other character . And the actions was kinda lame . The only great action was in the OP lol .

Total 3/10 .
This happens when they start adapting a long ongoing (good) manga and simply ignore 2/3s of the story. No wonder the pace is ruined. And I don't think they will do another season, seing how few people actually watched it.
Besides that I find it good that Manji isn't invincible, that would be boring...
Old 2009-03-31, 03:51   Link #243
Karnot
Banned

Wait, someone actually watched this to the end ? I applaud your perseverance.
Old 2009-03-31, 09:09   Link #244
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Wait, someone actually watched this to the end ? I applaud your perseverance.
It wasn't THAT bad and hell, I even watched Kurozuka to the end and that was really shit and a lot of people in the forum here rave about how good it was (my opinion, yours may vary and that's o.k.)...
Old 2009-03-31, 09:39   Link #245
eris_sama

I agree with signorRossi on Kurozuka! Anyway, I'm ep to ep9 and it seems Manji has little strategy. His strategy seems to be get killed and surprise opponent by resurrecting. Once they know his trick, he's screwed and Rin has to help him. Only started watching this because I read one vol of the manga and it seemed interesting. I usually finish a series even if it's not that good. You never know when it starts to be great.

Thanks to lars18th for explaining Makie's past. That helped A LOT! I was very confused about the flashback. Was she the one tied to the tree?
Old 2009-03-31, 10:30   Link #246
servidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post

Total 3/10 .
From what I remember from the manga, it is not that Manji has become weak, rather been immortal has made him careless about fighting. The hundred men he killed, if I remember correctly, were killed before he became immortal. In the third or fourth chapter of the manga, he self criticized his swordsman-ship after cutting some wood, in a way that may you think that he was a better swordsman. You have to remember that he doesn't need to parry or dodge to get close to an enemy to kill him/her.
Old 2009-03-31, 11:54   Link #247
signorRossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eris_sama View Post
Was she the one tied to the tree?
Yep. And don't forget to go on with the manga.
Old 2009-03-31, 22:16   Link #248
Uribatake

Even I, who actually liked this show, have to wonder what was the point of making an anime adaptation of such a long-running series when they only had the budget for 13 episodes. There was no sense of resolution at the end.

Maybe it would end in a more natural point of the original story if they covered more manga chapters per episode. If they did another 13 episodes, I think they could at least end the series right before the beginning of the Dr. Burando arc. I was hoping for a second season, but now that Koichi Mashimo and Bee Train are working on Phantom, that doesn't seem likely.

Last edited by Uribatake; 2009-04-01 at 02:00.
Old 2009-03-31, 22:23   Link #249
FateAnomaly

I think this series is pretty interesting. I sure hope that there will be a second season. The only thing i can't stand is when Makie start singing.
Old 2009-04-01, 11:13   Link #250
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

LOl this morning , i saw the episode 14 out and subbed and i dl it .
Now i just watch it and it was an april's fool joke XD so it was a H ! ROFL !
Old 2009-04-03, 17:23   Link #251
BellaD

I hope there will be a second season, the ending in my opinion didn't end anything ...
Who is the friend of all.
--
Old 2009-04-03, 18:56   Link #252
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD View Post
I hope there will be a second season, the ending in my opinion didn't end anything ...
I think you'll be waiting a loooong time for that. You might as well read the manga which is loads better add to that it's got Rin's and Anotsu's fantabolous journey to Kaga hurhurhur.
Old 2009-04-04, 14:03   Link #253
BellaD

Yeah I never read manga :S....The fact that one page has so little writing on it annoys me ...And besides I need the music, I loved the music from Blade of the Immortal.
I have to try and find an anime that's similar.
Who is the friend of all.
--
Old 2009-06-05, 02:46   Link #254
strategos

Will the anime go on for another season? going to finally download this anime. ^^

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2009-06-12, 11:27   Link #255
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Blade of the Immortal Licensed

ANN: Media Blasters Acquires Blade of the Immortal Anime

Via Amazon.com, MB is looking at a September 29 release, dub studio TBD.

Old 2009-06-12, 23:01   Link #256
Zippicus

I'm kind of surprised this got licensed. Unless there's plans I don't know about to finish the story it seems like a waste of time.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, seinen