Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-14, 21:15   Link #1
BellaD

Anime similar to Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you guys could suggest anime similar to Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu.

List of the one's I have already watched:
School Rumble
Ouran Host Club
Macademi Wasshoi
Zero no Tsukaima
Errrmmm...I've watched others but i cant think of them right now.:S

Who is the friend of all.
--
Old 2010-08-14, 21:43   Link #2
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well I've just read up on Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu and here are some animes that I would suggest.

Toradora
Shugo Chara

(This anime is really popular, so you probably have seen this)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Old 2010-08-14, 21:45   Link #3
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Huh... It's pretty hard to think of an anime that is similar to the combination of themes that is Baka to Test.

It'd help more if you told us what specifically you like about Baka to Test.

The only anime that leaps to mind for me with just the general question is Hayate the Combat Butler.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-08-14, 22:42   Link #4
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Huh... It's pretty hard to think of an anime that is similar to the combination of themes that is Baka to Test.

It'd help more if you told us what specifically you like about Baka to Test.

The only anime that leaps to mind for me with just the general question is Hayate the Combat Butler.
I just wiki the specific things about the anime and gets animes that are close to it.

Shugo Chara: Mythical/Romance
Toradora: School/Romance
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: School/Romance

Those are why I chose them after reading the review for Baka to Test

But it would be helpful for more details on why you like it just like Sackett said.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:43   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well I've just read up on Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu and here are some animes that I would suggest.

Toradora
Shugo Chara

(This anime is really popular, so you probably have seen this)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Those shows are nothing like Baka Test. Next time it's best that you only recommend titles if you've actually seen the show the OP wants them to be like, because as shown here, it doesn't work without it.

I'd recommend:

Pani Poni Dash
Negima?!

There's also ef - a tale of memories, followed up by it's sequel ef - a tale of melodies. Not exactly like Baka Test, though they share the same director (Oonuma Shin), so you'd be able to appreciated what he can offer. A lot of the same techniques are used.
Old 2010-08-15, 03:45   Link #6
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Those shows are nothing like Baka Test. Next time it's best that you only recommend titles if you've actually seen the show the OP wants them to be like, because as shown here, it doesn't work without it.

I'd recommend:

Pani Poni Dash
Negima?!

There's also ef - a tale of memories, followed up by it's sequel ef - a tale of melodies. Not exactly like Baka Test, though they share the same director (Oonuma Shin), so you'd be able to appreciated what he can offer. A lot of the same techniques are used.
I'll take that into consideration. Thank you for the advice.
Old 2010-08-15, 06:17   Link #7
Kagayaki

Setokai no Ichizon has a lot of similarities. It's in a high school with a harem-like setting (for humor purposes), and it parodies everything. Like actually everything. Death Note, Strike Witches, Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl), Metal Gear, Dragonball Evolution, and the list goes on. It's great.
Old 2010-08-15, 09:58   Link #8
Animelover#1
Kouta...

I think that asking for animes similar to ones youve watched is a bad thing since you get false expectations. I remember watching a really good anime that was about 20 episodes long, watched it through to the end and thoroughly enjoyed it. then spent about an hour searching for a similar one. but I couldnt find one that gripped my attention. Imo, no two animes are the same and you have to respect them for what they are.

With the exception of zero no tsukaima and shakugan no shana, those two animes are carbon copys of each other.
And If you want a good anime then i reccomend seto no haneyome.
Old 2010-08-15, 12:24   Link #9
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Setokai no Ichizon has a lot of similarities. It's in a high school with a harem-like setting (for humor purposes), and it parodies everything. Like actually everything. Death Note, Strike Witches, Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl), Metal Gear, Dragonball Evolution, and the list goes on. It's great.
I second Seitokai no Ichizon. Compared to other shows, Studio DEEN did a pretty good job with this one. It's one of the shiny gems from 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
With the exception of zero no tsukaima and shakugan no shana, those two animes are carbon copys of each other.
Carbon copies? I agree that there are some similarities, but they look pretty different to me. Zero no Tsukaima leans more towards the ecchi side, while Shakugan no Shana is serious business.
Old 2010-08-15, 12:29   Link #10
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I third Seitokai no Ichizon, although it really depends on if you can pick up all the anime references in the series. The first episode is chock full of them. It's hilarious anyways.
Old 2010-08-17, 10:49   Link #11
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0rYn View Post
I second Seitokai no Ichizon. Compared to other shows, Studio DEEN did a pretty good job with this one. It's one of the shiny gems from 2009.

Carbon copies? I agree that there are some similarities, but they look pretty different to me. Zero no Tsukaima leans more towards the ecchi side, while Shakugan no Shana is serious business.
I'm more referring to plot;
Main 2 leads look close to identical in either series
Same voice Actors
Both male leads start off normal until they are thrust into new worlds. (metaphorically for shana)
Male leads start weak and try to become strong to protect the girl, who they inevitably fall in love with.
And Both series are pretty much piddlin' about till the final 5 episodes where to REAL bad guys show up.
Closed Thread