AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-22, 14:23   Link #861
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

there is a table with all the exchange rate on the wiki, last of the page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_yen

The conversion rate has halved since then, however I don't know what could be guessed from that since in the 1986 shows the conversion from the yen of that time with the dollars of that time. You can't understand if the change happened because the yen gained value or the dollar lost value.

EDIT: yes that's 20 billions not 200

Old 2010-01-22, 14:37   Link #862
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

If you convert 1986 yen to 1986 dollars, and then correct for inflation, I think it comes out to something around $320 million in 2009 dollars.
Old 2010-01-22, 14:43   Link #863
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think it is easier to think it this way. 20 billion yens are enough to support 100 persons for their whole life with an average salary.

Old 2010-01-22, 15:07   Link #864
Jze0
Hmmm...

Oops... you guys are right, its 20 billion and not 200 billion, messed up.

Ok so if my math is right (and I could be wrong) and I use the convertion chart Jan-Poo provided then the converted amount for Octobrt 1986 comed out to be $123,877,361.41. Wow thats quite a bit of money for someone rich back in that day. Its probably worth more in today's world. Well even if I am wrong I think thats a pretty accurate answer to go by... thank you all for the help.
Old 2010-01-23, 00:51   Link #865
maximilianjenus
[E]

or you can convert the value of the gold ingots.
Old 2010-01-23, 08:19   Link #866
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Eh... the price of gold increased a lot lately. Well if you were to convert all that gold now... it's around 35.000 USD per Kg. so 350.000.000$
Wow... that's quite a lot more than it was in 1986.

However this is merely speculative, if you were to sell 10 tons of gold all at once you'd see the market price plummet down to the historical minimum.

Old 2010-01-23, 12:38   Link #867
matteas
Member Member

Yes, the real worth of 10 tons of gold is incalculable. No one would ever buy 10 tons of gold. And even selling it a bit by bit wouldn't mean you would get the same amount of money that equals 10 tons since the price of gold would have greatly changed by the time you sold the last portion.
Old 2010-01-23, 20:40   Link #868
maximilianjenus
[E]

yep, the calculations are complex no matter what.
Old 2010-01-26, 05:43   Link #869
fuff

what is the concept/theory behind kanon and shanon? ive been seeing parodys of them being the same person...and hearing that beatrice,shanon,kanon are the same?

also in the anime beatrice said to battler that "remember 6 years ago?" what happened 6 years ago? is she like battler's real mom? who is his real mom btw?!
Old 2010-01-26, 08:21   Link #870
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well the concept/theory is just what you said. Shannon and Kanon are the same person thus reducing by one the total number of people in Rokkenjima. This of course means that either one of them is already dead (usually Kanon) and the other is disguising to play both roles.
The main factors behind this theory (usually referred as Shkannon theory) are:

1) Battler never sees both Shannon and Kanon at the same time
2) Kanon's body tends to disappear quite often and Battler has never seen it
3) The two persons are similar enough to make a disguise be feasible

Usually this theory is countered by red texts appearing in EP3, specifically the ones regarding the first twilight where 6 persons are confirmed to be dead including Shannon and Kanon in the list. Also there is a red text that appeared at the very end of EP4 that states that "only Kanon himself can use that name", which would prevent other people from claiming the same name.

The Shkannontrice theory is a variation that basically mixes the Shkannon theory with the popular theory of Beatrice being Shannon.

As for the "6 years ago", Beatrice was talking to Battler about his "sin", something that Battler had done on Rokkenjima at that time (he was 12 years old then). This is the main base of the so called "pony theory". Basically the theory says that Battler promised to Shannon that he would come back with a with a "white horse" but then forgot about that promise and Shannon has been waiting for him 6 years.

About Battler's birth situation, there are a few theories. Some think he's the son of that Beatrice that died in 1967, other believes he's actually Kyrie's son, that for some reasons has been switched with Asumu's son. Main reason is that the two women delivered on the same day.

Note: I avoided to point any fact that came after Ep4.

Old 2010-02-01, 12:44   Link #871
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Is it confirmed for a Season 2 ?
Old 2010-02-01, 15:13   Link #872
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Is it confirmed for a Season 2 ?
There is no confirmation for a 2nd season.
Old 2010-02-01, 16:14   Link #873
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well i asked that cuz "Umineko no Naku Koro ni (Season 1) - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating "
Old 2010-02-02, 05:03   Link #874
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Well, if they go on like with Higurashi, then yes, but there is not yet any official confirmation, however it is highly suggested (99%) that there is going to be one.
Old 2010-02-03, 22:04   Link #875
Nontype
CONTRACTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
Well, if they go on like with Higurashi, then yes, but there is not yet any official confirmation, however it is highly suggested (99%) that there is going to be one.
Where? DEEN said that if DVD sales sucked they wouldn't do season 2.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me which episode has the footage of Rosa at the resort with her sort of boyfriend - i'm working on a fan project and need to splice in that footage.
Old 2010-02-03, 23:23   Link #876
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nontype View Post
Where? DEEN said that if DVD sales sucked they wouldn't do season 2.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me which episode has the footage of Rosa at the resort with her sort of boyfriend - i'm working on a fan project and need to splice in that footage.
Episode 19 IIRC was when we saw Rosa with her boyfriend the first time.
Old 2010-02-19, 10:42   Link #877
tonny chan

In ep 26, I still have sth confuse !
Spoiler for ep26:
Old 2010-02-19, 10:58   Link #878
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonny chan View Post
In ep 26, I still have sth confuse !
Spoiler for ep26:
Spoiler for Ep 26:
Old 2010-02-24, 04:55   Link #879
fuff

okay i've been wondering this for awhile...how do does/or how can u kill a witch? like eva, maria? and i was wondering what kind of witch maria is and whats her powers? also i wanna know the current spoilers of umineko lol and what is happening about shanon/kanon/beatrice as one being? thingie thanks
Old 2010-02-24, 05:10   Link #880
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I think you can kill a witch by denying her existence... or at least that seems to work with Beatrice ^^

Tags
q&a