AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-13, 10:56   Link #501
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i've been consistently getting A's for the last 4 or 5 missions now. i'm fairly sure i can figure it out, but i need to wait until tomorrow afternoon cause i'm at my cottage.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 16:40   Link #502
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Until you play through the game once and get the final armour + hp upgrades for the Edelweiss, it's pretty much essential that you have an engie stuck in its radiator.
I rarely had any battles where I needed to repair the Edelweiss in the field. Probably the only time it needed repairing was in the last battle when it would lose it's tracks instantly in a single attack.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 19:07   Link #503
Barbobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I rarely had any battles where I needed to repair the Edelweiss in the field. Probably the only time it needed repairing was in the last battle when it would lose it's tracks instantly in a single attack.
Not bad. For a lot of my first playthrough before I started to really get the hang of different kind of tactics I just hid behind the indestructible defense that is Edelweiss + Claudia/Nadine. It's slow, but works. That's probably the reason why my first ranking above a C wasn't until either chapter 14 or the 3rd report (whichever comes first cause I can't remember). But I'm also excluding chap 9 cause that one's ridiculously easy to A rank.
Barbobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 19:58   Link #504
cloner4000

If they had just increase the Tanks AP or so that it doesn't decrease as much. Tanks getting tired? comeon!!Otherwise..haha wait till hard ex mission..three lance=dead Edelweiss...
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 03:10   Link #505
kalbron

Hard Ex doesn't even allow the Edelweiss.

And in Hard, if you're unlucky the enemy lancer could randomly have that instant-kill potential against tanks.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 03:27   Link #506
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
And in Hard, if you're unlucky the enemy lancer could randomly have that instant-kill potential against tanks.
Yep, that's happened to be a few times.

Been on the level for about 10 minutes, everything is going nice and smoothly and damn game over. It can get pretty annoying.
Old 2009-06-17, 00:30   Link #507
sb075

New DLC "The challenge of the Edie team".
http://img198.imageshack.us/i/viploader1054719.jpg/

mini game only? The price is 300 yen
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 00:53   Link #508
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

there's also talk of a battle mode. which may or may not mean online vs. it'll play out like a game of super chess... interesting.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 03:13   Link #509
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Hard Ex doesn't even allow the Edelweiss.

I still haven't even got around to getting the DLC yet. I get my games room back at the end of the week so I'll start playing VC again.

Old 2009-06-17, 05:29   Link #510
kalbron

If they're willing to make new DLC for VC even though it's been out for ages in Japan that can only be a good sign for a sequel.

Now the question is: will it be translated?
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 05:31   Link #511
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Now the question is: will it be translated?
I'm learning Japanese at the moment so I'll be fine either way. =D

However I would like to see it translated for everyone to enjoy.

Old 2009-06-17, 09:45   Link #512
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

The talk of Challenges in the new DLC.....perhaps a new patch tthat allow it to be installed that will include trophies as well ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 11:27   Link #513
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I'm learning Japanese at the moment so I'll be fine either way. =D

However I would like to see it translated for everyone to enjoy.
DLC is tied to the game version, so if you own the NA or PAL copy, the jpn DLC won't work.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 17:50   Link #514
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Just got this game last week and have been spending most of my free time on it. Was actually motivated to try it because of the Zero Punctuation review of it - despite the fact that it was an incredibly negative review it sounded like a really interesting game to me. Very glad too as it's already one of my favorite games this generation. Have not read the rest of this thread (did not beat the game yet and these types of threads ALWAYS have subtle unmarked spoilers) so I don't know how much of this has been discussed yet but:

Spoiler for spoilers up to and including ch 14 and other random comments:
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 18:30   Link #515
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Bladewing,

Yes, non leaders (anyone except Welkin, Alicia, Rosie, and Largo) can die completely. Unless you end the battle within 3 turns of them falling or you have another active character touch them (which evacuates them), they will die and you can never use them again. Alternatively, they can be captured by enemy units on their turn and the fate is essentially the same.

So basically if you like a character don't let him or her fall in combat.

I completely agree with you about how Alicia changed. I'm not a fan.

Man, all the Edy love... I just don't understand it. Maybe because I'm looking more at character usefulness and I find her one Potential extremely unhelpful in battle...

And I did not know that about Welkin's potential. I've never seen that happen. I'll have to try that some night. I've had that potential activate many times but I've never seen it deactivate like that.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 23:16   Link #516
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Yeah, I knew that characters could die like that, was just curious about Vyse and Aika specifically though since they're technically cameo characters from another game. Just seemed kinda weird for them to be able to actually die in this one, heh.

I guess I was right about Edy being popular then haha. I tend to use characters I like rather than the ones that are most effective. There are some exceptions though - I was using Susie for a bit but I dropped her immediately when she gained Humanitarian; that potential seemed downright crippling. I like Edy enough that I'd probably still use her even if she had that though.

I'm assuming the potential you were referring to that makes you not use her is Panicky. Yeah, it sounds pretty bad in the description and it activates constantly but it has never actually made a difference for me. Makes it take a couple more shots for a kill but it's been entirely irrelevant as the enemy is still dead before half her clip even runs out. Flamethrower is still a one-shot too.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 00:00   Link #517
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I completely agree with you about how Alicia changed. I'm not a fan.
Me neither. Alicia in the game is a sweetheart. Alicia in the anime is a tsundere control-freak.

You can see why they did it, though; the game conveys its drama through the battles, and the off-duty scenes contrast that with a relaxed, offbeat atmosphere. The anime's battles just aren't that spectacular (didn't someone say they were budget-constrained?), so they've been forced to create artificial character drama by altering Alicia's personality.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 00:26   Link #518
Velsy

Went to EB today and they had all types of specials

Did what I set out to do and check up on Valkyria Chronicles the game. They had it w00t and it was marked with a 30 dolllars off sticker. Its price was $99. Then went and asked how much the playstation 3's were.... $680 I looked liked this O_O.

stupid its only for ps3, do the game makers forget that games come on PC's awell ?

I really like turned based combat. Feel kinda down cause I cant get it. Is it really worth spending 680++ to play one game ?

oh and I dont care what anyone saids, I like the anime Alicia She has character and she isn't tsundere but I hear shes just different in the game.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2009-06-18 at 00:40.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 00:30   Link #519
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The PS3 library is still pretty limited. No BC is a big minus as well. If you do get the system, make sure you like JRPGs.
Old 2009-06-18, 00:34   Link #520
Velsy

yeah I dont like using the console control pads anymore, I much prefer a keyboard and mouse <.<

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote