AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-02-09, 11:21   Link #61
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Almost from the beginning we were introduced to Seastone. That was the original tool to deal with DF users. When the amount of characters kept increasing exponentially, Oda realized he needed more tools. Since Luffy beat Eneru without Haki, it's plausible that Oda figured he could always have Logia users lose by some kind of mismatch like that. Eventually he changed his mind though.

Oh yea... the time an Emperor got his arm ripped off by an animal... the fact that there is literally zero chance that an Emperor could have that happen currently proves that it's a retcon.

I'm interested about it too. So far, the ones we know have mostly been bumbling jokesters.
Shank likely wasn't as powerful that time, and he got there at the last second, so losing an arm isn't surprising.
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-09, 15:21   Link #62
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Shank likely wasn't as powerful that time, and he got there at the last second, so losing an arm isn't surprising.
I don't like to argue about such things because noone can foresee so far into future to predict how much his ideas will develop but if I can put my 2 cents here I would say that no matter what a fighter of that level would do now he/she would never lose an arm like that. The least he could've done was to use armament to harden his body if Oda knew about it at that time
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-09, 16:09   Link #63
J4n1

Oda didn't have everything planned out when doing the early chapters, so early instalment weirdness (like Shanks loosing an arm) is understandable.
But that does not mean he did not have broad strokes ready.

Haki seems like a no brainer to add with Logia's (possibly not planned at chapter 1, but definitely atleast on the works by Loque town).
Sabo might have been a later addition, though not going to swear on that.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-10, 02:27   Link #64
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
I don't like to argue about such things because noone can foresee so far into future to predict how much his ideas will develop but if I can put my 2 cents here I would say that no matter what a fighter of that level would do now he/she would never lose an arm like that. The least he could've done was to use armament to harden his body if Oda knew about it at that time
Whitebeard got stabbed by Squardo, a feat that even the latter himself is surprised about. If someone so powerful and so feared by the entire world can be caught off guard like that, then Shank losing an arm because he tried to rescue someone at the last moment to someone weaker is not a big surprise either.

And putting smiling emoticons at the end of debates implies you are mocking someone, so it's not a nice thing to do.

Last edited by game2007; 2016-02-10 at 02:28. Reason: adding more
Old 2016-02-10, 13:05   Link #65
necrolyte

^Well sorry, I didn't know that smiling emoticons can be interpreted that way.
About Whitebeard and Shanks I don't think you should compare the 2 situations. To be stabbed in the back when you know there are only your subordinates behind you can happen to anybody no matter how strong, smart or powerful he is but to see the enemy(the sea king) in front of you, to know he is atacking and still to not protect yourself is way different.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 05:09   Link #66
game2007

Seeing a good friend about to get killed in, like, a second later and thus rushing in to save him without thinking twice and preparations is pretty normal. Like I said before, that was several years before the present, so it's likely that Shank wasn't as powerful and skilled as his current self back then, and also more reckless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
^Well sorry, I didn't know that smiling emoticons can be interpreted that way.
To me at least.

Last edited by game2007; 2016-02-11 at 05:13. Reason: adding something