AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-10, 13:53   Link #1261
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Oh man. Managed to get into the end of a Horde city raid last night. Just missed the downing of UC cause the damn guards killed me when I was rushing to get in . But I did make it out for Silvermoon and got credit for the kill . Horde must have been freaking out as 80-some (very serious here. They made TWO raid groups for this) Alliance rolling into their cities all at once
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 14:27   Link #1262
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I always said you'd probably need 2 raid groups to effectively take down a city...
Maybe form 3 if you were raiding Stormwind... 1 go through the main gate, a 2nd through the harbor and a 3rd via the Tram... 3-way invasion!

Even a 2-way is stressing since you get to divide the defenders... 3 would just be overkill
Old 2008-11-10, 17:28   Link #1263
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Managed to get my hunter to 70 and max out Inscription (I really hope this eventually becomes worth it because after the initial rush it's now probably more money on my server to vendor the mats than put glyphs on the AH), so I'm pretty much ready for WotLK. Glad the scourge "invasion" stuck around a while too, got 3 of the easiest epics ever in less than an hour. Now I just have to level first aid, which I completely neglected since hunter is so easy to level I never had any need for it.

Somehow managed to camp a group of Horde on a PvE server too; one even got on an Alliance alt to ask me to stop, and wasn't very happy when I informed him that since he was attacking a faction town I was going to kill him as many times as I felt like. They finally grew a brain and waited for their flag to wear off before res'ing, after being camped for about 15-20 minutes, haha.

Quote:
I always said you'd probably need 2 raid groups to effectively take down a city...
Maybe form 3 if you were raiding Stormwind... 1 go through the main gate, a 2nd through the harbor and a 3rd via the Tram... 3-way invasion!

Even a 2-way is stressing since you get to divide the defenders... 3 would just be overkill
You really only need that many because the bosses and guards are tuned for lv 80 characters at the moment, one raid or even less is usually more than enough, especially for cities nobody goes to like Darnassus. Cairne Bloodhoof was actually 5-manned back in the day but they used a pathing exploit and I believe actually pulled him out of the city.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 19:05   Link #1264
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

OMG you fiend!

But yeah I lol @ people QQ'n about being camped on Proudmoore... PvE server... it's easy to run away. -_-

Grats on 70, haven't been awake when you are online to say hi2u.

Can't wait for Friday (AU release), DK hooo.
Old 2008-11-10, 19:51   Link #1265
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, 4 Horde raids tried to take Stormwind yesterday. They colossaly failed. Even with numbers, lag will destroy them. 2 Alliance raids almost took out Thrall a few nights ago but due to lag causing a crapload of DCs and Horde rocking up just in time, it didn't happen.

I don't see IF, SW, Og or TB being taken on High population servers. The lag and server performance just goes to hell when people try.
Old 2008-11-10, 23:21   Link #1266
Mr Hat and Clogs

Got some OK screenshots of the frostworm attack on SW Harbor today. Was pretty cool event despite all the lag. Happens every 30 minutes so there will be plenty of time to be able to participate, more infos on MMO-Champ.

Old 2008-11-11, 00:49   Link #1267
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Orgrimmar getting razed; Garrosh challenging Thrall to a duel; Sylvanas and Saurfang kicking some undead a$$ I'm liking this event so far, hopefully we'll get to see more leading to Wrath!

Garrosh and Thrall Fight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nd9DsdoSFQ

Stormwind attack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAVJz78U_oM
Old 2008-11-11, 00:49   Link #1268
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
OMG you fiend!

But yeah I lol @ people QQ'n about being camped on Proudmoore... PvE server... it's easy to run away. -_-

Grats on 70, haven't been awake when you are online to say hi2u.

Can't wait for Friday (AU release), DK hooo.
Heh thanks, leveling is so fast now I can't really even believe that character is 70 already. Now I need to decide if I'm gonna grind him straight to 80 or alternate with my orc warrior (now on Wildhammer).

The attack on Orgrimmar is pretty epic too, whirlwinding abominations alongside Saurfang is downright awesome. Sadly can't do too much to the wyrms as a warrior though.
Old 2008-11-11, 03:34   Link #1269
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Lot more NPCs at the Harbor. Also a flight point of sorts. You can take a flying tour of the harbor at least for now.

Trade was warped in Orgimmar as people tried to find Thrall for quests and such.

Trade was also fun in Stormwind before the event started the first time. The King was in two places at once. His throne and at the Harbor. I think I was there for the first event because not everything happened like it did in later events. The ending call wasn't there from the King. Or at least it seemed that way. There were tons of 70s present an hour before hand. I went to try to kill a Horde Raid that was happening in Goldshire and then Westfall (not real successful...they were probably an Arena Team since none of the responding Alliance 70s could do much to them). They eventually left (probably when the event started in Orgimmar). Our Raid group tried to track them down, but instead went back to Stormwind and stopped a few other Horde 70s that were attacking from the front gate...then the Wyrms ad Horrors arrived...everything else stopped PvP wise. I imagine this will go on until Thurdsay.

Too bad you don't get much for killing these things. All I was getting was a tiny bit of Argent Dawn reputation (4 and 5 points per kill). I even managed to tag one of the Horrors in Orgimmar with my 40 priest and still only got 4 rep with the Argent Dawn and no experiance (I only hit it with Shadow Word Pain....the guards and other people killed it)

The Wyrms tend to fly too high to be hit by much. They come down from time to time to attack guards and people. As seen in the image I was using Chaos Bolt at times because it had a quicker cast time when they were outside of 30 yards. (In the image though it came into 30 yard range just as I got the bolt off. DoTs followed quickly.)

Images from Arygos US server.

Spoiler for Images of World Event:

Last edited by Ithekro; 2008-11-11 at 04:32.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 06:24   Link #1270
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Sounds like things are fun as ever on WoW. I've been away on WAR myself (which, by the way, is a brilliant game) but all these posts have me anxious to return.

So what are the odds of my 27-something Paladin I haven't played in months to be able to do some of these things?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 07:39   Link #1271
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I had 2 of the weirdest times in AV matches tonight and today, both of which turned out to be wins.

The first one, we rushed on offense hard and had 3 towers down and Drek ready. But then came the problem. 20 Horde slipped inside Drek's lair. And we didn't get Iceblood Tower due to defenders of fail (I held Tower Point with ease). However, Defense at Strompike onwards was solid (I ended up there shortly after defending Tower Point). I ended up being a very annoying thorn in the other side's offense. There ended up being 5 other players (Elemental Shaman, Subtlety Rogue, Fire Mage, Arms Warrior and Affliction Warlock) hellbent on finding me in packs. But I'd slip in to the bridge or near the Aid Station flag, snap 2-3 of them, get out, eat, rinse and repeat. They ended up having our last 2 bunkers ticking down and looked set for victory, but somehow we never gave up the Aid Station. Eventually our offense gave it 1 last mad dash. With Alliance on only 10 resources left, Drek falls. Only 2 seconds later, the final bunker falls. Somehow we got out of jail by 2 seconds. How, I have no idea. 15 minutes of fail on offense were saved by 15 epic minutes on defense.

In a very slick all cap victory, although we conceded some bunkers, in a game today, the focal point ended up being Frostwolf Graveyard. But what was hilarious was, I slid in and out, over and over, pummeling just about anything, without dying at all. I was 12-0 and thought I'd get the 20-0 achievement. But then Frostwolf finally got capped (the Relief Hut and FW towers were already ours) and Horde all ressed at Stonehearth, ending my best chance at that achievement. Still, felt good to be able to do that.

Arcane PvP is beginning to gain my approval more. Frost may have more to it, but Arcane has a very good potential to snap an opponent within a few seconds, plus Slow and instant Invisibility are very handy. The PvE cycle is okay. But, as even Blizzard admits...Arcane Blast is still not a worthwhile spell except for firing it as an instant with Presence of Mind + Arcane Power combo. The cycle at the moment is Arcane Barrage, Fire Blast, Arcane Barrage, Arcane Missiles. Rinse and repeat. Arcane Blast's ridiculous exponential mana cost for little gain is a joke. The 1st cast - 195 mana. 2nd - ~800 mana. 3rd - don't even try....

But still, I'm now feeling more at ease that Mages won't be in trouble in Northrend. They're still important and now have 3 viable trees for possibly the first time ever. It's feeling more fun that it has in a very long time.
Old 2008-11-11, 08:21   Link #1272
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
So what are the odds of my 27-something Paladin I haven't played in months to be able to do some of these things?
27? Hmmm well the events, such as the invasions will only be around until Thursday (or Friday in Australia) since that is when WOTLK launches.

For everything else you would need to level. Particularly for Northrend since it is 70+. You'd also need to have TBC to be able to reach level 70. Thankfully leveling is really really easy now they have lowered the experience required by a massive amount.

Paladins (assuming you are Ret) are also a lot more fun now over what they used to be, they changed their combat abilities up a bit. Although to get all of them you'd need to be at least level 60 since both Crusader Strike and Divine Storm are talents. But that gives you something to work towards.

If you don't mind following a guide for leveling (rather then just meandering around, looking at the pretty scenery like I'm wont to do) try Jame's leveling guide, makes things a little easier. There is a Horde version there too if you swing that way. You don't exactly need to follow it but if you get in a pinch it'll help point the way.
Old 2008-11-11, 09:08   Link #1273
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Right, well, doubtfull I'll ever get much of that done... unless I log in on my 62 hunter but... ugh, no, I don't think I'll ever be able to log in on him again. >_<
Old 2008-11-11, 09:54   Link #1274
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Well I managed to go for 48 to 65 in maybe a week... Leveling is a ton easier then it was before. While you wouldn't be able to do much in these world events (unless you decided to have no life a few days Keroko ) you shouldn't have much problem gaining some serious levels...
Old 2008-11-11, 10:04   Link #1275
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I remember Blizz dropping the XP-requirements before too, did patch 3 drop it even more?
Old 2008-11-11, 10:07   Link #1276
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I remember Blizz dropping the XP-requirements before too, did patch 3 drop it even more?
3.0.2 lowered the XP requirements for leveling between 60 and 70 by around 30%.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 15:46   Link #1277
Ending

Lucky me, I got one of the rare mounts a few days before TBC came/comes to an end. Hopefully one of those renaming -cards work on it

(In case the image is gone: it featured my character on a swift white hawkstrider, standing on the rainy docks of Menethil Harbour.)
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 17:10   Link #1278
Mr Hat and Clogs

Damn you WP! /grats

Wanted a white hawkstrider for my shaman.
Old 2008-11-11, 19:12   Link #1279
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Wonder if I'll get to log in at all today. Starting to run out of anime to watch and don't want to start a new game that I'll just end up quitting thursday...
Old 2008-11-11, 19:25   Link #1280
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah really server is down and nothing to do!

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows