AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-02-09, 23:10   Link #301
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Heh, that's a bit too friendly

Still, it'd be naive to believe that every single one of her opponents will be as lax about this as she is. Of course I wouldn't fault Vivio for thinking that. She is only 10, after all.
Old 2011-02-10, 00:56   Link #302
Justin_Brett

Lax? Not sure that's the best word.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 02:26   Link #303
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

We should remember that this is a magical tournament being fought on a world in an entirely different dimension, created for a manga. These tend to not follow standard tournament regulations.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 02:44   Link #304
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... They still had to make a device for Einhart for safety reasons, so I don't think they're going to allow the contestant to be hurt very badly.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 03:54   Link #305
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Which was more of a plot-device to give Einhart a device, but that aside the Nanoha series always had a strange definition of 'not being hurt very badly' considering shooting eachother is considered a way of making friends.

Yes, we won't see any limbs fly or heads getting bitten off, but that doesn't mean we'll get to see a clean, closely regulated tournament where nobody gets harmed and it's all settled after scoring one or two soft hits. That'd be boring by Nanoha standards. More likely we'll see something along the lines of the Mahora tournament in Negima, and people did get hurt there. Not fatally, but a few visits to the nurse office were needed.
Old 2011-02-10, 09:09   Link #306
Justin_Brett

Well yeah, but that doesn't mean it's Bloodsport or anything, which is what Shante seems to think...or hope. >_>
Old 2011-02-10, 09:21   Link #307
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
At least unlike a certain some one, Shante didn't send Vivio to the infirmary to prove her point.
Well d'uh, they're not in the army and it wasn't a case of insubordination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
If that triggers a hidden evil group trying to achieve a goal through the tournament then i totally supports the idea.
That...would certainly get the rest of my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yes, we won't see any limbs fly or heads getting bitten off, but that doesn't mean we'll get to see a clean, closely regulated tournament where nobody gets harmed and it's all settled after scoring one or two soft hits. That'd be boring by Nanoha standards. More likely we'll see something along the lines of the Mahora tournament in Negima, and people did get hurt there. Not fatally, but a few visits to the nurse office were needed.
Considering the firepower a mage can bear and the advanced medical support a Mahora-tournament like hurting is possible, but (again) considering the mangaka I doubt we'll see them in detail. Still not impressed by how the mock battle was handled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well yeah, but that doesn't mean it's Bloodsport or anything, which is what Shante seems to think...or hope. >_>
Huh, and here I thought Shante meant to tell that 'are you sure can compete with just this? Might want to level up first'
Old 2011-02-10, 09:41   Link #308
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I don't see how Shante implied that at all, she merely wanted to convey there will be people who are going to be a whole lot rougher then the sparring partners she is used to. Which is very possible, expected even, from a tournament that allows so many different fighting styles and participants.
Old 2011-02-10, 10:05   Link #309
Justin_Brett

That little vision she gave Vivio (I interpret that as her knowing she could sense attacks like that, at least) seemed like an extreme exaggeration of the worst possible scenario - but maybe she didn't view it that way.
Old 2011-02-10, 10:40   Link #310
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That vision... was rather overdone, yes. Out of place too, but I think that was more Vivio's vision than Shante's.
Old 2011-02-10, 11:25   Link #311
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
It was Vivio's vision. "What would happen if I got hit with that attack?" and that was the likely result. It's a common thing in mangas like this, another example is in Negima when Koutaro envisioned what would happen if he tried to attack Fate while cloaked. Didn't turn out too well for Koutaro so he didn't act.

Though if anything one should compliment Vivio on being able to sense Shante's, for a lack of a better term, 'killing intent' and being able to tell what sort of attack was coming.
Old 2011-02-10, 12:53   Link #312
Justin_Brett

Yeah, exactly. Shante seemed to imply she knew Vivio can sense things like that, or at least assume so.
Old 2011-02-10, 13:47   Link #313
Arkeus

Quote:
Yeah, exactly. Shante seemed to imply she knew Vivio can sense things like that, or at least assume so.
Because Vivio was somehow able to parry all of her attacks even if she couldn't see them.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 03:01   Link #314
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Vivid character rankings, I think.

Is #5 one of the numbers? I can't even tell.
Old 2011-02-12, 03:15   Link #315
Jimmy C

It's Nove. That's a rather old ranking, btw. One thing I found very amusing is Sacred Heart was #10 while Lutecia was off the chart. I had the image of her crying about "losing to a plushie bunny!"
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 03:16   Link #316
Justin_Brett

>Nove more popular than Subaru AND Teana

>I am okay with this
Old 2011-02-12, 03:29   Link #317
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
>Nove more popular than Subaru AND Teana

>I am okay with this
WOW! Being the most popular characters besides the main characters is a really big promotion ...GO NOVE xD! Now i hope to get more images of her, she probably even manage to get her own figure xD.

Fate takes the cake as always xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 03:38   Link #318
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It's Nove. That's a rather old ranking, btw. One thing I found very amusing is Sacred Heart was #10 while Lutecia was off the chart. I had the image of her crying about "losing to a plushie bunny!"
Oh, thought it was current.
Old 2011-02-12, 08:55   Link #319
Jimmy C

It's from chapter 13.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 12:56   Link #320
Iromaru

Looks like Vivio understands that she won't do very well with strike arts alone. I'm hoping she will start learning more traditional magic now.

Magical martial arts don't really suit this series. We need more beams and explosions.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid