AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-05-28, 17:59   Link #661
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, Keroko, like I also pointed out, she wasn't alone. She was also backed up by Vita, who has loads more experience than Nanoha and is on par with her, strength-wise. And checking back on episode 9, Shamal also mentions the kind of mission they were on: reconnaissance. A return from reconnaissance, to be exact. Not something like heavy combat. We should also keep in mind that at the time, Nanoha had proven herself to the Bureau as a capable mage, what with two Lost Logia incidents under her belt and two years' worth of work as a Bureau officer. So it's not like they sent a rookie.
Old 2011-05-28, 18:09   Link #662
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hence why I said that maybe "risk" takes on a different meaning for those who face it on a decently regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
They said outright that their choices were cooperating with the Bureau or going to jail. Most of the younger Numbers chose the former, Uno, Tre, Quattro and Setta chose the latter.
Helping with the investigation, yes. But that's a whole different thing.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 20:11   Link #663
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Yeah, it was just the investigation. They weren't going to be in TSAB or go to jail, just help clear up what, exactly, went down with Jail's plan. Similar perhaps, but not the same thing.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 20:21   Link #664
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I was under the impression that Caro wasn't forced to join, but that the officials were saying the only use they'd have for her would be as a soldier. As far as I can remember, Caro chose to join the TSAB after Fate adopted her.
Yes she wasn't forced...Actually her village kicked her out because she was too dangerous she went to the TSAB because there was no where else she could go. The officials at the base originally want to make her a sweeper to go in and wipe out all enemies in the area but Fate came along and adopted her.
Old 2011-05-28, 21:25   Link #665
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I've heard a saying once (IIRC not in English): Everybody ages. Not everybody matures.

Physical attributes are not the only consideration, IMO. There's also mental maturity to consider, how they are ready to make logical choices instead of deciding on whims and understood that life is not just about your rights and needs but also your responsibilities. And while yes, a teenager in puberty might also not be the most emotionally stable person, armies can't exactly wait for their recruit potentials till they're 21

Of course, they could always handwave it as magic speeding up one's mental maturity. Most nine-year olds I've seen usually acts more...well, immature, than Nanoha and her friends.
Old 2011-05-29, 04:44   Link #666
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Also the very reason half of first world population are NOT mature even at 21 is that stance that children can't make decisions, don't have responsibility for anything and are nothing more that glass toys to be protected. Most of nanohaverse underage heroes come from situations that are opposite to that - orphans, military brats, poor countryside, family of ninjas... people from such backgrounds IRL do act 4-6 years older than they counterparts from big cities middle/high class families.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 04:48   Link #667
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

...not to be nitpicky, but did Nanoha ever found out about her Ninja heritage? It's just that I was under the impression that Nanoha, aside from the daddy-almost-died event, lived a normal childhood till the encounter.
Old 2011-05-29, 05:04   Link #668
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
...not to be nitpicky, but did Nanoha ever found out about her Ninja heritage? It's just that I was under the impression that Nanoha, aside from the daddy-almost-died event, lived a normal childhood till the encounter.
It doesn't matter if she ever found about it, it's about family spirit, upbringing, in-family responsibilities and number of other things which was further amplified by her father long stay in hospital. She did decisions for herself, had responsibility for them and her family considered her human and not priceless glass toy to be protected. Also they cover is small family business - and in small family business everybody helps - yet another background that makes children mature faster.

Old 2011-05-29, 05:07   Link #669
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
It doesn't matter if she ever found about it, it's about family spirit, upbringing, in-family responsibilities and number of other things which was further amplified by her father long stay in hospital. She did decisions for herself, had responsibility for them and her family considered her human and not priceless glass toy to be protected.
Actually I just want to confirm the Ninja part, since it's pretty obvious for us viewers that Nanoha was more mature than most children of her age
Old 2011-05-29, 08:19   Link #670
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Lutecia chose to live there, and really, she's on an entire planet. With her family.
And enough of a population to need a spaceport and largish town [SSX]. And has regular commercial starships calling [Vivid].

Clearly an unpopulated world.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 10:42   Link #671
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
And enough of a population to need a spaceport and largish town [SSX]. And has regular commercial starships calling [Vivid].

Clearly an unpopulated world.
It's more like a world undergoing colonization. You're obviously going to have a town or city that's larger than the usual villages and little towns dispersed around the world to accept regular supplies and conduct offworld trade.

I would say, it's underpopulated and underdeveloped. Kind of like living in parts of Brazil, clearly things are on the up and go but there are plenty of parts that look like they've never been touched or developed.
Old 2011-05-29, 12:00   Link #672
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Actually I just want to confirm the Ninja part, since it's pretty obvious for us viewers that Nanoha was more mature than most children of her age
Well, the only big difference between Triangle Hearts and Nanoha is that her father is still alive. So all that considering, Nanoha is descended from a Samurai family, not ninja. I'm sure she knows that since her father, brother and sister practice Kendo in their very own dojo. She of course doesn't follow it herself (for obvious reasons ^_^; ).
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 12:03   Link #673
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Also the very reason half of first world population are NOT mature even at 21 is that stance that children can't make decisions, don't have responsibility for anything and are nothing more that glass toys to be protected.
I'm going to side with this statement 100%.
Old 2011-05-29, 13:08   Link #674
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
So all that considering, Nanoha is descended from a Samurai family, not ninja.
I'm pretty sure with his ninja-style actions in Toraha OVA Kyoya would've been obstructed by "proper" samurai... and twin-kodachi style is also not something samurai would use - it's merchant sword after all... or sword for ones that pose as merchant. Even if samurai would use two short sword style it would be two wakizashi.

Old 2011-05-29, 13:12   Link #675
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

While the Takamachi family is mostly ninja in the current time period, that doesn't detract from the fact that they descended from the Fuwa samurai clan.
Old 2011-05-29, 13:21   Link #676
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
While the Takamachi family is mostly ninja in the current time period, that doesn't detract from the fact that they descended from the Fuwa samurai clan.
But they aren't any more. At least by the simple fact that they don't have liege lord. There can be unaligned knight, but there can't be unaligned samurai. And I'm not sure that they weren't ninja-posing-as-samurai even than as they family style is not samurai thing at all.

Old 2011-05-29, 13:37   Link #677
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
The two sword style that Kyouya uses comes from the Mikami side of things. The Fuwa style uses 1 sword.
Old 2011-05-30, 02:26   Link #678
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
The two sword style that Kyouya uses comes from the Mikami side of things. The Fuwa style uses 1 sword.
I didn't played game, so my info is second hand... but aren't they same family that broke over something resulting long family feud or my info is wrong? There quite a lot of contradictory histories flying on the net...

Last edited by al103; 2011-05-30 at 02:44.
Old 2011-05-30, 08:41   Link #679
aers
*Fansubber

There's a raw for vivid 25 floating around on the nets somewhere.

Fighting, fighting, fighting, fanservice, fanservice, fighting, then finally a few pages of dialog.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 12:45   Link #680
Justin_Brett

Damn, that was some enhancement.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid