AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 28 41.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-15, 15:54   Link #41
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Kick ass episode

Spoiler for episode 13:

Looks some other people caught this too it says that if you misspell a persons name 4 times the book will rendered useless. Is this true? and i could have swore that Kira did that already
Old 2007-01-15, 16:46   Link #42
Ardea

I didn't like Misa at first, but now I don't want her to get manipulated! I guess I like seeing Light struggle as opposed to things being falling so easily into place for him. And I think there needs to be more L, or more "L-gets-an-advantage" scenarios :P

Also

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-15, 20:04   Link #43
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardea View Post
Spoiler:
Most likely,the crazed lover confronted Misa after her parents were killed.Then after Kira killed her parent's killers she received a Death Note from Rem and understood how Kira can kill and decided to help him.

Hehe,Light and Misa make a good couple.They're both insane mass serial killers who don't value human life at all.
Old 2007-01-15, 20:18   Link #44
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Most likely,the crazed lover confronted Misa after her parents were killed.Then after Kira killed her parent's killers she received a Death Note from Rem and understood how Kira can kill and decided to help him.

Hehe,Light and Misa make a good couple.They're both insane mass serial killers who don't value human life at all.
Good one Darklightz I agree im totally getting a Natural Born Killer vibe from them makes me want to watch the movie again
Old 2007-01-15, 20:30   Link #45
Cooler1339

awesome episode

Light is awesome. I hope he kills all them evil dudes. Now he has a hot chick and her note book. Will he write his own name in her book wrong so she can't kill him? I don't know if that would count.

L is cool but I hope Light wins. Since it's not real I can cheer on the bad guys! If Light is even a bad guy.
Old 2007-01-16, 17:55   Link #46
Kisuke06
I see...

Wow... just wow. This episode was great. I thought that Misa would only be a problem to Light, but she is indeed smart, and a great weapon for Light.
Old 2007-01-16, 17:58   Link #47
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Well, don't call her smart yet.

From her mistakes, L has already figured out there are more than one Kira, and from this episode, that they have yet to make contact.

In other words, she takes precautions, but not nearly enough to keep someone like L from figuring her out.
Old 2007-01-16, 19:52   Link #48
Jaruromania

Wow, Aya Hirano is amazing.

She can sound mysterious and alluring as shown in her casting as Lumiere, tough as Haruhi, cold as Shikimi, seductive as Reira, and now she pulls of a desperate tone of voice. It was really cute and moving and I loved it!

Everything else was solid, but didn't awe me like Aya's performance did. The plot's moving along steadily, and with Misa in the picture it will start to get more interesting.

About Misa's intelligence level: Misa is indeed pretty intelligent - for your average person. What we need to remember is that L and Light are super geniuses, among the smartest in the world, and Misa being someone who is very smart/clever/creative only against your average person does not compare. Being caught by L is not a great measure of her intelligence level, as unless you are someone of Light's caliber, you won't be able to slip much of anything past L.

For those calling Misa "stupid": She's probably smarter than you are.

Last edited by Jaruromania; 2007-01-16 at 19:59. Reason: Added blurb about Misa
Old 2007-01-16, 20:05   Link #49
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
So then, what in your opinion has Misa done that is even close to being smart?
Old 2007-01-16, 20:20   Link #50
Jaruromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Sending in the tapes and taking advantage of Sakura TV's greed to broadcast a message to the world. A hidden message in the "diary" she sends, that misleads everyone into thinking the event on the 30th is most important, in which Aoyama would have been completely ignored if L/Light weren't there. Covering her tracks up well enough with the tapes so that she can meet up with Light without seeming incredibly suspicious (even going as far as to cover up her fingerprints), and probably other things I'm forgetting at the moment.

Not nearly L/Light level, but smart enough to fool the normal police force.
Old 2007-01-16, 21:34   Link #51
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
I personally enjoyed the moment when she outsmarted Light to get his name and appearance, while at the same time remaining hidden herself. Though of course it would probably not have happened if Light had known his life span couldn't be seen.
Old 2007-01-16, 21:46   Link #52
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Nice epi. Misa did put alot of thought into finding out who Kira was and not getting caught. But the look on Light's face at the end made that epi, he is evil and I love it!! I also like how Ryuk kinda stammered when Rem was talking about some of the death note rules
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-17, 14:09   Link #53
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
a bit late but oh well ~
and oh dam...light has finally found a useful weapon in the form or misa...i feel sorry for her to think that light would just be using her for her eyes and that love is pratically non exsistant >.<
the way he embraced her was soo fake...and his evil grin really makes me think how low he can go to T_T

L is gonna get his hands full

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-17, 19:32   Link #54
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
ITs very hard to impress Light but the look on his face when Misa showed him her deguise pictures and when she mentioned how she found out who he was because she could see his remaining life was priceless. I think we have to give credit where credit is due. she may act like an airhead but i thinks shes smarter than she lets on
Old 2007-01-18, 05:31   Link #55
myopius

Nice episode. I loved the voice acting for Misa. I thought it was a lot better than previous episodes had led me to believe it'd be, but in this episode it was accurately emotional with great intonation, etc. And I'd love to add that this episode has what I'd call the perfect balance between fluid animation and good art; I enjoyed all of Light's facial expressions (especially the last one) but the animation didn't seem stunted at all. All in all it's the best I've seen in several weeks, maybe since 7 or 8.
Old 2007-01-18, 06:47   Link #56
chibi_star1
will you dance with me?

i absolutely LOVED this episode and it's so great how light gets crazier and crazier each episode. hmm, i wonder how L will manage to get out of this one...
Closed Thread