AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 87 50.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 8.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.17%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-10, 19:46   Link #81
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
At the Ufotable Cafe realtime screening of Fate/Zero ep11, the staff confirmed that the BD version of ep11 will be a complete version with over 5 minutes of additional footage which they couldn't fit on the TV broadcast.
Well, there we are. Probably will have to revisit my rating of the episode once that comes out.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 19:58   Link #82
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Lolwut. Makes me wonder how Rider is realistically not the winner of this war. That phantasm is op as hell. I guess Archer could skewer the guys with his swords but that's a bit of a stretch given they'd all be chucking spears at him concurrently.

So is Saber's wish to preserve a Briton England, with the Anglo-Saxons never gaining foothold? Cuz she's still gotta worry about the vikings and Normans, lol. Not only that, but the Anglo-Saxon takeover probably was good for the country in the long haul anyways.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 20:14   Link #83
Allium
Keep on keeping on

The kings' feast is one of my favourite scenes in Fate/zero, so I'm glad that episode 11 has finally arrived.

Overall, I found this episode great - I would have given it perfect 10, but there were so many flawed portions that kept me from doing so, which includes the awkward proportions of the characters, especially Saber. And am I the only one who found the dialogue odd? I found the beginning a bit rushed, and the dynamics between the three kings were somewhat off, though it was smoother during Saber and Rider's exchange.

The episode picked up when Rider revealed Ionian Hetaroi. I personally think it was the best segment of the episode. The Assassins, of course, didn't stand a chance. I also found it surprising that the army did not only consist of his soldiers, but mercenaries and some of his loyal subjects.

Overall, I give this an 8/10.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 20:22   Link #84
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Not only that, but the Anglo-Saxon takeover probably was good for the country in the long haul anyways.
For the country, perhaps. For her people, definitely not, given that a large proportion of them were slaughtered or driven into a small area of the country, and then oppressed for most of the next millenium and a half....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 20:27   Link #85
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I found this episode with the three kings to be enlightening. I feel Saber has lost this battle of pride real hard and I kind of do agree with Rider's reasons for being a king even though it's a selfish one. It's a shame we didn't get to hear Archer's side of reason of being a king. I mean, he's such a douche bag that there's must be something he did in the past that backs him up for his attitude.

At this point I feel like Saber is not much of a King of Knights, but just a Knight. I can see why she sort of gets along with Lancer so well. Lancer and Saber both has a lot of regrets in their past life that they wanna change their past.
Old 2011-12-10, 20:40   Link #86
ElricKeyblade

Okay, this was pretty much the episode I had been waiting for ever since I read the light novels.

And...I am kinda mad.

I'm able to ignore animation quality unless it pokes my eye out, so I wasn't TOO bothered by it...well, except for the noses. -_- And YEAH, Rider's army was AWESOME. I TOTALLY want to be a part of his Reality marble one day! 8DDDDDD Yeah I know, futile wishes...

But what I didn't like was the GilxSaber interaction...or the lack thereof. They didn't incorporate scenes that explained Gilgamesh's sudden attraction to Saber. Simply a thrown line at the end that consisted of, "Oh hey I find your pain attractive. Maybe we can make out next time? "

Yeah, I know FULL WELL that the pairing of GilgameshxSaber is creepy, and that it will never happen in a millenia (well, unless another "non-canon" novel was made *coughs*imlookinatyoufatestrangefake*coughs* ), but I can't help but adore Foe Yay, even when canonically one-sided, and thus am quite the closet fan. It kind of disappointed me that more wasn't shown between them...though I did enjoy Saber's line of, "You're just as crazy as Caster" and Gilgamesh's laughter at her expense. *has no shame*

Weeelll...on to next episode. Still disappointed that Rin got more (unneeded) screentime, and this got lesser animation and dialogue quality.
Old 2011-12-10, 20:40   Link #87
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Hm, interesting Alexander is not followed by his main army, the macedonian phalanx, but by mercenaries and slaves in his reality marble
The Hetairoi were the cavalry, so you should really be complaining that they're not on horses.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 20:44   Link #88
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElricKeyblade View Post
But what I didn't like was the GilxSaber interaction...or the lack thereof. They didn't incorporate scenes that explained Gilgamesh's sudden attraction to Saber. Simply a thrown line at the end that consisted of, "Oh hey I find your pain attractive. Maybe we can make out next time? "
They didn't added Gil line to Rider army because tv time constraints. They already said that BD version will be 30 minutes long.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 21:11   Link #89
ElricKeyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sento View Post
They didn't added Gil line to Rider army because tv time constraints. They already said that BD version will be 30 minutes long.
Hooray!!!!...Does the blue ray version have a chance of making it online?
Old 2011-12-10, 21:12   Link #90
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElricKeyblade View Post
Hooray!!!!...Does the blue ray version have a chance of making it online?
Rightstuff have it on pre-order, straight form japan but will have eng subs. will cost $300+
Old 2011-12-10, 21:25   Link #91
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
For the country, perhaps. For her people, definitely not, given that a large proportion of them were slaughtered or driven into a small area of the country, and then oppressed for most of the next millenium and a half....
Maybe if you mean the pure Britons. But those (the Welsh) were a minority. Genetic testing indicates most British have Briton ancestry, so more likely (as is often the case in early medieval Europe) her people were absorbed and intermingled rather than killed. Besides, the suppression was mostly done by Normans, not her enemies the Anglo-Saxons. Too bad Ethelfrith the Anglo-Saxon king isn't a hero, cuz he'd actually be a representative of those enemies Saber keeps referring to.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 21:33   Link #92
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I love how Sabre always get destroyed about how dumb her wish is. Get back in the kitchen!

Also lol'd @ Rider's last line to Sabre and totally dismissing her voice totally.

Rider stole the show in both talk and action this episode.

I liked Gil's manner, he's still super arrogant, but he's having a lot of fun just sitting and drinking with them. I think he's just lonely, and he covers it up with his arrogance and stuff. He just wants friends.

Assassin bunch, what a complete waste..even wtih crippled thumb, I think Sabre could have taken all 98 on. Only reason she had trouble with casters minions was because they were endless. If there was a definite number, it would have been over quickly.
Saber could take on all 98 and win without a problem. The problem is ( and same with Rider) taking on all 98 while also making sure their nearby Masters don't get killed. Because that's what well, what the Assassin class does. They're crap fighters, but they're specialized in taking out enemy Masters as they're stealthy and stuff.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 21:37   Link #93
Nixl

While I enjoyed the episode, the eyes of the characters seemed off. Then again, the Hetaroi scene was rather impressive. It is interesting that created some individual characters within the legions of warriors.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 21:41   Link #94
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
One of the better episodes of the series so far. You really get a sense for each of the three kings motivations, goals and philosophies this episode as well as a chance to see Iksander's rampaging army in motion. Amazing what you can do with just good direction and dialogue in a show for most of an episode. The music this episode wasn't too shabby as well with some of the most notable tracks I've ever heard out of this Kaijura figure. Looks like we're headed for a pretty strong finish to the first half, just hope this keeps up and we get less episodes like that last one.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 21:51   Link #95
ElricKeyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Rightstuff have it on pre-order, straight form japan but will have eng subs. will cost $300+
Aw...crap.

Looks like I'll have to wait for some kind soul to (illegally) post it online... (I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I just don't have $300 nor NEAR enough privacy to acquire such a dark anime without my siblings wanting to know, "Oooo what's thaaaat?" )
Old 2011-12-10, 22:07   Link #96
John117xCortana

This is the best episode of Fate/Zero so far. I loved the part where Rider gave Saber a dress down for her reasons of wanting the Holy Grail.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 22:08   Link #97
Vicious108

Quote:
At the Ufotable Cafe realtime screening of Fate/Zero ep11, the staff confirmed that the BD version of ep11 will be a complete version with over 5 minutes of additional footage which they couldn't fit on the TV broadcast.
Thank god, because this episode desperately needed it. Easily one of the most mutually exciting/entertaining and frustrating/disappointing experiences I've ever had in anime, due to how clear it was that it was one of the finest points of the source material yet it was treated so poorly in comparison to last week's fiasco. You know the industry's in a sad state when paedophile fanservice takes priority over actual substance when it comes to production values these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
One of the better episodes of the series so far. You really get a sense for each of the three kings motivations, goals and philosophies this episode as well as a chance to see Iksander's rampaging army in motion.
The three? Don't you mean the two? Because Gilgamesh clearly got the short end of the stick there and we never really got to hear his thoughts on the definition of kingship. Seeing as a clearly important line of his from last week's preview was conspicuously absent from this airing, I can only assume and vehemently hope that the insight into his character will be present in the from this point on much anticipated DVD/Blu-ray versions of this episode.

The beginning portion of the episode and its jarringly bad editing with crass scene transitions made it obvious enough it would be a sacrificial lamb when it comes to actual adapting quality, but the art work being that poor in addition was something I definitely did not expect. For Christ's sake, was there a single Saber shot where her nose wasn't halfway across her cheek? Again, extremely disappointing adapting work considering how obvious it is, even to a non-novel reader like myself, that if there was ever a novel act that should've gotten a cream of the crop production and direction behind it, it was this one.

So yeah, I suppose I'll save my final say on this episode for when we actually get to see it in its entirety and presented at a proper pace, instead of annoyingly rushed, and hopefully with refined and up to par art and animation work while we're at it. The TV airing was still a lot of fun to watch due to the great story there was to show and tell, but it was hard to enjoy it as much as I should have knowing how much better it could and should have been shown and told.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 22:11   Link #98
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
The three? Don't you mean the two? Because Gilgamesh clearly got the short end of the stick there and we never really got to hear his thoughts on the definition of kingship. Seeing as a clearly important line of his from last week's preview was conspicuously absent from this airing, I can only assume and vehemently hope that the insight into his character will be present in the from this point on much anticipated DVD/Blu-ray versions of this episode.
STOP LOVING WHAT I HATE.

That's all I hear.

It's all fine and dandy if you didn't like it, but we should move on and let people who actually enjoyed the episode... well, enjoy it.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 22:16   Link #99
GeostigmataShi

Well, i must praise ufoable for making people want to buy the DVD XD,
GeostigmataShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 22:27   Link #100
Forever
Revealing the truth

Holy shit. How the hell is rider going to lose? Even Gil dont have enough weapons to kill them all. It makes UBW looks small....

BUt surely the mana cost of such a bubblle is insane?