AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-10, 07:12   Link #4241
rereremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
First of all, as Duo fangirl, I guess my bias is rather skewed. So for that, I apologize before hand. While I totally agree with you guys that Duo (or any of the other characters) could possibly turn bitter, it's the matter in which it happens that bugs me.
At first, no need to apologize I'm sure each one here (or at least the majority) has his/her character that he/she likes more than the others & he/she get annoyed if something wrong going with this character.

Secondly, as a simple description of Duo in my point of view: "Odd, usually simple-minded, often idiot boy". To not mature in FT is expected, but included in all this idiocy in FT........I mean, if FT was like expected, Duo would still be his old self but others would mature, but now it's about everyone that you can't handle more
And wait for more from this bright-minded writer by the way, what is his name again?
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 09:42   Link #4242
Ferhb

Oh, well... Eeni, again, no need to feel guilty or apologize whatsoever. Everyone has their own vision about each and every character and who am I to tell you you're wrong anyway =]

So, I don't consider Duo being a prick. I think he did some mistakes, yeah, started drinking, but he's been through hell. It's understandable. And sometimes I think he pushes Hilde aside because he doesn't want her pitty. And he doesn't want to feel guilty for the fact that she's in love with someone like him. I think he often worried about her, of course, not just after he divorced her. It's just that he's the kind of person that desperately needs help, but doesn't want any help at the same time. He just needs people to let him be, basically. Of course, in my point of view.

And I didn't expect them to be completely matured and happy and fine. To do that, you need to get over everything you've been through. Of course they haven't, specially when the situation turned into what it's turned into. Of course they don't want to kill Relena, they didn't want to live miserably because of the bad government, they didn't want to have to make the choices they were obligated to do.
Trowa didn't want to have to train another nameless guy. Quatre didn't want to have to build MS and have a complicated sister. Catherine, he'll, she hated the war. Yet, she had to make a choice to fight again. Wufei lost his partner (as far as we know). And Heero, we don't know what happened to him. We don't know for sure what happened in all of these years, and before they were frozen (we're getting a hint now). So, there's a lot to be explained, and I'm sure that with a little more information we'll be able to have a full image. We have to be patient, cause a good story has a progression... And a slow one makes us anxious =]

All we do know is that the picture we had of them being happy and married and with kids was of that perfect future. I'm sure they imagined being happy too. They had hopes, dreams of peace and a happy life. But history betrayed them, again. They couldn't be happy and issue-less.

And that's the adult world, folks. Everyone has issues. And Gundam Wing, definitely, was made for adults, because it has no good or bad, no black and white. It's all grey. The older I get, the more I understand the story and people's reasons.
The pilots were beautiful back then, because they had a purpose, they had an evil to fight. They were kids. They saw black and white, no shady areas. But they've grown up, it's expected for them to be messed up for not knowing what's right or wrong anymore. Everything just gets too complicated.
And that's a realistic point of view from Sumisawa, in spite of everything. Sad, yes, but I still expect them to find their ways.
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 10:00   Link #4243
rereremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
Oh, well... Eeni, again, no need to feel guilty or apologize whatsoever. Everyone has their own vision about each and every character and who am I to tell you you're wrong anyway =]

So, I don't consider Duo being a prick. I think he did some mistakes, yeah, started drinking, but he's been through hell. It's understandable. And sometimes I think he pushes Hilde aside because he doesn't want her pitty. And he doesn't want to feel guilty for the fact that she's in love with someone like him. I think he often worried about her, of course, not just after he divorced her. It's just that he's the kind of person that desperately needs help, but doesn't want any help at the same time. He just needs people to let him be, basically. Of course, in my point of view.

And I didn't expect them to be completely matured and happy and fine. To do that, you need to get over everything you've been through. Of course they haven't, specially when the situation turned into what it's turned into. Of course they don't want to kill Relena, they didn't want to live miserably because of the bad government, they didn't want to have to make the choices they were obligated to do.
Trowa didn't want to have to train another nameless guy. Quatre didn't want to have to build MS and have a complicated sister. Catherine, he'll, she hated the war. Yet, she had to make a choice to fight again. Wufei lost his partner (as far as we know). And Heero, we don't know what happened to him. We don't know for sure what happened in all of these years, and before they were frozen (we're getting a hint now). So, there's a lot to be explained, and I'm sure that with a little more information we'll be able to have a full image. We have to be patient, cause a good story has a progression... And a slow one makes us anxious =]

All we do know is that the picture we had of them being happy and married and with kids was of that perfect future. I'm sure they imagined being happy too. They had hopes, dreams of peace and a happy life. But history betrayed them, again. They couldn't be happy and issue-less.

And that's the adult world, folks. Everyone has issues. And Gundam Wing, definitely, was made for adults, because it has no good or bad, no black and white. It's all grey. The older I get, the more I understand the story and people's reasons.
The pilots were beautiful back then, because they had a purpose, they had an evil to fight. They were kids. They saw black and white, no shady areas. But they've grown up, it's expected for them to be messed up for not knowing what's right or wrong anymore. Everything just gets too complicated.
And that's a realistic point of view from Sumisawa, in spite of everything. Sad, yes, but I still expect them to find their ways.
I like your point of view
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 10:53   Link #4244
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I'm pretty sure we've had the character development/derailment discussion before. Anyway, I can't say that I agree with you guys, but hey, who am I to argue with opinions? To each his own. Although I do believe that Sumizawa doesn't justify a lot of the so-called development with his lack of (coherent) explanations.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:12   Link #4245
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
And so, here's the final part. (*pats self on back for completing something*)

Spoiler:

You can also read it here.

Not my best and not my worst photoshopping: http://www.zeonic-republic.net/wp-co...venter5_01.jpg
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 17:07   Link #4246
FalsePrime

I've got to say this has changed me in one regard though.

Over the years, I have never been a fan of Heero's dumb green shirt and shorts. He looked pretty good in the Peacecraft jacket and even better now in the Preventer uniform, seeing him go back to the green shirt and shorts will be really lame honestly.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 17:42   Link #4247
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Thanks Deacon. I'm liking the Preventer chapters.

As for the Duo character study, I think a hectic adulthood is pretty appropriate. To me, nothing about his upbringing, or his experiences during the Eve Wars suggested he'd settle down to a normal life.
Old 2012-05-10, 18:20   Link #4248
susyia

hey what their age? 20 in photo looks like they still have 16 ..17 so quatre is the brain of the group..so cute
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 14:25   Link #4249
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
Its Gundam, even Tomino say he the point of Gundam is make adults look bad, Flit in Gundam AGE turn from a nice good-willed teenager boy to a giant asshole in his adulthood. So yeah, It doesnt in Gundam universe if you are the most revolutionare person in your youth, the moment you become a adult its the moment you become a prick.
LOL! I've never read this before. But that explains a lot.

Ferhb: that's an interesting POV there that I hadn't really thought about. The whole way kids tend to look at things to is something that I've totally forgotten about. I likes it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
And so, here's the final part. (*pats self on back for completing something*)

Spoiler:

You can also read it here.

Not my best and not my worst photoshopping: http://www.zeonic-republic.net/wp-co...venter5_01.jpg
Thanks Deacon. You're work is much appreciated, even if the story is starting to get seriously creepy now. P.S., if you need any photoshopping help, I'd be more then happy to give you a hand.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 14:30   Link #4250
Javiersansano

Thanks a lot for the final part, very appreciated... now we'll get some insight on Noin's brother... hopefully his resemblance to Milliardo is not because of some some sick little sister complex like some of the members suggested for fun
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 18:34   Link #4251
Ferhb

Thanks, Deacon, for the last part!

Eeni, glad you liked it... or understood it at all XD

Very interesting... why would Dixneuf have Sam on his hands? Don't tell me he's related to the Peacecrafts...
Old 2012-05-12, 19:01   Link #4252
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Thanks, Deacon, for the last part!

Eeni, glad you liked it... or understood it at all XD

Very interesting... why would Dixneuf have Sam on his hands? Don't tell me he's related to the Peacecrafts...
I highly doubt he is, but you know Sumisawa will find a way to establish some kind of background connection between him and the family.
Old 2012-05-13, 06:26   Link #4253
Hawaiian_Gurl8o8

Send a message via Yahoo to Hawaiian_Gurl8o8
Le~gasp nicely done with the Translation Deacon : 3

It seem Pagen knew about the Program because he was horrified of seeing Sam on the computer screen .Hmm this is getting interesting and make an awesome headcanon for my Tumblr Gundam Wing RP blog as Katrina Peacecraft .
Old 2012-05-14, 17:24   Link #4254
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I highly doubt he is, but you know Sumisawa will find a way to establish some kind of background connection between him and the family.
Well considering Noin apparently had kids with the Peacecrafts, I sure hope not...
They're the Peacecrafts, not the Lannisters
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 21:16   Link #4255
Sommer
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Well considering Noin apparently had kids with the Peacecrafts, I sure hope not...
They're the Peacecrafts, not the Lannisters
Moar like the Targaryens
Nah, probably Zechs dad and Noin dad were friend who torn apart or some shit like that.
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 11:43   Link #4256
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
Moar like the Targaryens
Nah, probably Zechs dad and Noin dad were friend who torn apart or some shit like that.
Zechs makes a fine mother of dragons.... ò.O
Spoiler for image:

(And I guess that goes with the whole theme, seeing how Heero is a pretty little princess now lol)

The Peacecrafts and Noin families knowing each other actually makes a lot more sense than Heero Yuy #1 being close to the twins though.
But if they are somehow related, or Dixneuf has a sister complex or a Milliardo-complex or whatever, I will cry.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 14:13   Link #4257
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
The Peacecrafts and Noin families knowing each other actually makes a lot more sense than Heero Yuy #1 being close to the twins though.
But if they are somehow related, or Dixneuf has a sister complex or a Milliardo-complex or whatever, I will cry.
Nah. Dixneuf only has a man-crush on Milliardo because he thought it was a cool idea to drop a colony. That certainly got people's attention while elevating your awesome factor.

Now that I think about it... Noin didn't cry at her brother's funeral. Damn, there must have some bad blood between the two.

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2012-05-15, 16:58   Link #4258
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Now that I think about it... Noin didn't cry at her brother's funeral. Damn, there must have some bad blood between the two.
Am I the only one who is weirded out by them pretending to be married to each other?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 18:52   Link #4259
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Am I the only one who is weirded out by them pretending to be married to each other?
Holy sh**, I haven't thought about that!!!

THAT'S SOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEIRDDD!!!!!!!!

Why was she covering up her brother's fraud, anyway???
Old 2012-05-16, 01:14   Link #4260
Eeni

Quote:
Holy sh**, I haven't thought about that!!!

THAT'S SOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEIRDDD!!!!!!!!

Why was she covering up her brother's fraud, anyway???
They didn't pretend to be married.... did they? Did anyone outside the inside circle know that she married and had Milliardo's kids..? OMG WHAT THE HELL SUMIZAWA!?1?1?!?!?!?!

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing