Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-28, 16:16   Link #1
maxthelostboy

Galaxy express 999 tv series

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,5..._express_.html

Animenfo lists it as unlicensed but since both movies are i'd like a seconded source of info. If it isn't licensed i hope somebody fan subs it on account of how good both movies were.
also was the harlock ova from 2002 licensed? I know the 1999 one is, but all i hear for the 2002 one is that only anime junkies subbed 3 episodes of it and never finished. If not i hope someone picks it up and finishes it
Old 2003-11-29, 01:00   Link #2
Quiddity
Emma Fan

I've seen the first 30 episodes or so, what do you want to know about it? The show has practically no chance of ever being licensed and Viz treats the movies horribly, refusing to release them on DVD *cries* But I can give you whatever info you need from what I've seen; I will have a website up eventually that I'm working on that will have a summary & images for each episode.
Old 2003-11-29, 01:19   Link #3
maxthelostboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiddity
I've seen the first 30 episodes or so, what do you want to know about it? The show has practically no chance of ever being licensed and Viz treats the movies horribly, refusing to release them on DVD *cries* But I can give you whatever info you need from what I've seen; I will have a website up eventually that I'm working on that will have a summary & images for each episode.
sucks, ill never be able to see it then. I hear someone may sub wish it happens. well anyway does this take place before or after both movies do tell.
Old 2003-11-29, 01:29   Link #4
Quiddity
Emma Fan

The first movie is basically a quick retelling of the series taking just a few main storylines from the series and using them. Although they did tend to change them quite a bit in the movie, mostly just because you have to do that in that type of format. In the series for example Count Mecha is killed by Tetsuro on Earth in the first episode so there is no 'kill Count Mecha' quest like in the movie. And thus when he meets Emeraldes it has nothing to do with looking for the Time Castle, its a rather different storyline where one of her robots tries to steal Maetel's body. Antares and Shadow are dealt with in much more detail; Ryuzu is a completely different character in the series having nothing to do with Count Mecha (although I hear there's another character late in the series called Leryuzu who is what they based the movie version on) and there's no Captain Harlock so far. I love the movie, but man the series is sooo much more interesting and more in depth. :P A lot of sad and depressing episodes though, Ryuzu's was very sad as was Shadow's.

The second movie is filler, nothing from the series/manga and takes place a few years after the first movie.
Old 2003-11-29, 03:17   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm given to understand that the TV series is not licensed. Amazingly nobody was interested in it, just the movies.

The good news is that Live-eviL has acquired the raws and intends to sub the old Galaxy Express 999 TV show right after they are done subbing Galaxy Railways. Unless Galaxy Railways turns out to be a very long series, in which case they might not wait that long.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-29, 03:18   Link #6
NeverRamza

Tetsuro didn't kill Count Mecha in episode 1, just bashed him in the head. Count Mecha turns up later in the series.
Old 2003-12-01, 06:40   Link #7
Soten
nomu ;P

Send a message via AIM to Soten
Mad props to Live Evil if they do decide to sub it. I bet it'll be really popular.
Closed Thread