Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-18, 04:12   Link #1141
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Seishirou must be a pure blood. It's the only way it would explain how he can walk around in the sun (we don't know if Tatsumi is a vampire yet, so we shall leave that topic for now. Chizuru (Sunako's Mother) and Sunako were possibly turned, resulting in no sun for them. That's the most decent conclusion i can come up with at the moment. Either way, i'd love some backstory on them. Could anyone tell me who's read the novel if we get any?
Re: Tatsumi
Hm...I always assumed he was, because he was the one who got the invitation to Tooru's house, not to mention what he was able to do in episode 10 when they attacked the clinic (i.e. jump from the 2nd floor safely). But good point...

Re: backstories
Spoiler for for manga and info from the Japanese wiki:

yes...I do actually know what happens, but I'm trying my best not to spoil or even hint at anything

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 04:14   Link #1142
fukarming

Quote:
Sunako gives of an aura, especially with her dialogue that she's one who's been around for a very long time. During this weeks episode, she spoke of the troubles of being a vampire, like she's experienced them many times over.

Seishirou must be a pure blood. It's the only way it would explain how he can walk around in the sun (we don't know if Tatsumi is a vampire yet, so we shall leave that topic for now. Chizuru (Sunako's Mother) and Sunako were possibly turned, resulting in no sun for them. That's the most decent conclusion i can come up with at the moment. Either way, i'd love some backstory on them. Could anyone tell me who's read the novel if we get any?

Can't express enough how much i love the Toru and Natsuno scene in this weeks episode. The music placement is just so spot on, along with the Kirishiki's dialogue added in, easily making it my favorite scene of the series so far.
Seishirou is human, it is proved by the doctor. Not only did he walk under the sun, he also has pulse.

It makes me wonder why the vampires want a base at all. Maybe after they kill all the original residence, they are going to "farm" human? They can bring in human from the outside (runaway kids, prostitutes, low life that nobody cares) and lock them up and "farm" them like how human get eggs from chicken?
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 04:42   Link #1143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Hm...I always assumed he was, because he was the one who got the invitation to Tooru's house, not to mention what he was able to do in episode 10 when they attacked the clinic (i.e. jump from the 2nd floor safely). But good point...
Yeah i thought he was a vampire at first, though i've just been thinking more about it, i mean he never seems to feed, and we never see him with the Vampire eyes, though saying that have we seen Seishirou with the same look? For all we know, the black eyes could just be a trait of a vampire that's been turned, and the one's born that way still have human traits, such as being able to walk under the sun and the eyes. Hope we find out.

& thanks for answering my backstory question without spoiling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Seishirou is human, it is proved by the doctor. Not only did he walk under the sun, he also has pulse.
You totally misread that scene. Doc was lying to the public so that the whole village wouldn't be in a mess knowing that vampires are living right next door to them. & to save their life's, for now.
Old 2010-10-18, 04:52   Link #1144
fukarming

Quote:
Yeah i thought he was a vampire at first, though i've just been thinking more about it, i mean he never seems to feed, and we never see him with the Vampire eyes, though saying that have we seen Seishirou with the same look? For all we know, the black eyes could just be a trait of a vampire that's been turned, and the one's born that way still have human traits, such as being able to walk under the sun and the eyes. Hope we find out.

You totally misread that scene. Doc was lying to the public so that the whole village wouldn't be in a mess knowing that vampires are living right next door to them. & to save their life's, for now.
Spoiler for spoiler!:
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Old 2010-10-18, 05:00   Link #1145
chaos_alfa

Quote:

They removed a line in that scene. The Doc was surprised that Seishirou had a heart beat.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 05:36   Link #1146
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
They removed a line in that scene. The Doc was surprised that Seishirou had a heart beat.
What really? Can someone confirm this please.
Old 2010-10-18, 06:20   Link #1147
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
What really? Can someone confirm this please.
When they did that scene in the anime as Ozaki was reading the pulse and such his lips weren't moving aka it was his thoughts. The only thing he said out loud afterwards was that Seishirou was alive. If that's not enough I'll vouch as a manga reader. The audience is supposed to know that Seishirou is human by this point. IIRC what happened in that scene was Ozaki took advantage of the mob to find a way to reveal the Shiki's existence via taking pulse. Turns out Seishirou did have one though, so his plan and any possible chance of convincing the villagers went up in flames without any concrete proof.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 06:50   Link #1148
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think they messed up that scene a bit in the anime. Ozaki's intentions (outing the Kirishiki as vampires right here and there) were crystal clear in the manga. In the manga, he was the one who literally shat bricks upon seeing Seichirou walking in broad daylight, not the crazy woman. I have no idea why they made that change, how could she even know Shiki aren't supposed to be able to come out during the day? She was under the assumption they were risen, not vampires. Furthermore, when Ozaki asked permission to check Souichirou's pusle, he was shown grinning while licking his lips, meaning he was pretty much thinking he had won.

Quote:
I've started going back through it myself, and so far (ch 6), I've noticed a few small changes (mostly thoughts that weren't voiced in the anime), though nothing as big as the ones in episode 12. Though I assume the larger changes were made because they've since had to compress ~two chapters into each episode.
Ah, thanks. It sounds like I didn't miss much. I'm still sad they cut those scenes out of episode 12.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-10-18 at 10:08. Reason: Wasnt shown in anime yet, no manga spoilers
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 07:07   Link #1149
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

so i just started watching this, the first two episodes didn't really catch my attention, but after that i've been intrigued, its turning out better than i thought it would
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 07:25   Link #1150
fukarming

[QUOTE=Kanon;3304039]I think they messed up that scene a bit in the anime. Ozaki's intention (outing the Kirishiki as vampires right here and then) were crystal clear in the manga. In the manga, he was the one who literally shat bricks upon seeing Seichirou walking in broad daylight, not the crazy woman. I have no idea why they made that change, how could she even know Shiki aren't supposed to be able to come out during the day? She was under the assumption they were risen, not vampires. Furthermore, when Ozaki asked permission to check Souichirou's pusle, he was shown grinning while licking his lips, meaning he was pretty much thinking he had won.

Probably the crazy woman knows about Shiki through folklore? Just like if we encounter a possible vampire in real life, we will base our assumptions only from various vampire stories.

Ozeki is also unhappy to see Seichirou/Tatsumi walking in the sun, and the wife and Sunako didn't come out by the name of illness (19:28-32)

Ozeki is also shown grinning when he is allowed to check Senseirou's pulse (19:55)
Spoiler for reply to your spoiler:

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-10-18 at 10:08.
Old 2010-10-18, 07:32   Link #1151
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
we don't know if Tatsumi is a vampire yet, so we shall leave that topic for now.
I'm pretty sure he is, he looked fairly vampy when both he and Megumi were going after Natsuno, prety sure both of them had the weird eyes as well. I was just assuming he was a special vampire who got something out of working for the Kirishiki's.

Aaannddd I just realized that the name "Kirishiki" has the word "shiki" in it, boy I'm slow....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 08:52   Link #1152
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I'm pretty sure he is, he looked fairly vampy when both he and Megumi were going after Natsuno, prety sure both of them had the weird eyes as well. I was just assuming he was a special vampire who got something out of working for the Kirishiki's.
I'm just saying that there's no confirmation yet that he is one, though like i've pointed out he probably is one.

& thanks Kanon for the detailed information on episode 11. Anime certainly didn't make it clear enough. All the more reason to read the manga after this adaptation has finished.
Old 2010-10-18, 09:12   Link #1153
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

They left something out of episode 12 - they might still be able to slip it in at a later time, so don't click if you don't want to know.
Spoiler for manga chapter 14:

edit: ah, and just noticed something about the ending sequence. The second girl to appear is Kaori, isn't it?

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-10-18 at 09:42.
Old 2010-10-18, 10:09   Link #1154
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Guys I already deleted the spoilers about the window thing before the hiatus started, lets not bring it up again ok.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 10:34   Link #1155
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
edit: ah, and just noticed something about the ending sequence. The second girl to appear is Kaori, isn't it?
It is. There's also a scene in the new OP where she's sort of collapsing(?) as Akira tries to reach her so I kinda suspect she may be bitten later on. I originally thought Akira would come up next in the ED, but imagine my surprise to see Ritsuko, after suah a long lack of relevance to the story. It's interesting how her eyes were glowing red and coupled with the fact 3/5 of the characters in the pool were shiki victims... am I thinking into this too much? lol
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 10:46   Link #1156
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Guys I already deleted the spoilers about the window thing before the hiatus started, lets not bring it up again ok.
The anime is way past that point now. It won't be shown. I don't even consider this a spoiler, it's more like a confirmation of what we already knew about the shiki so I thought it'd be fine to post this under spoiler tags. I had no idea this had been brought up before. Oh well~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
It is. There's also a scene in the new OP where she's sort of collapsing(?) as Akira tries to reach her so I kinda suspect she may be bitten later on. I originally thought Akira would come up next in the ED, but imagine my surprise to see Ritsuko, after suah a long lack of relevance to the story. It's interesting how her eyes were glowing red and coupled with the fact 3/5 of the characters in the pool were shiki victims... am I thinking into this too much? lol
I believe they chose to put those people in the ending because they were part of a love polygon:

Megumi -> Natsuno <-> Tohru -> Ritsuko

Uh, okay, Kaori doesn't really fit
Old 2010-10-18, 10:55   Link #1157
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I believe they chose to put those people in the ending because they were part of a love polygon:

Megumi -> Natsuno <-> Tohru -> Ritsuko

Uh, okay, Kaori doesn't really fit
That's why I wanted to check...was wondering what she was doing there

Personally. the really surprising face in OP or ED sequence is that of Masao's sister-in-law (at least I think that's her - the one between Akira and Seishin) in the line people that starts with Natsuno and Ritsuko. I had to scour the manga to try and remember who she was...

- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-10-18 at 11:24.
Old 2010-10-18, 11:21   Link #1158
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Personally. the really surprising face in OP or ED sequence is that of Masao's sister-in-law (at least I'm think that's her - the one between Akira and Seishin) in the line people that starts with Natsuno and Ritsuko. I had to scour the manga to try and remember who she was...
I didn't even notice her

I can't remember what happened to her. Masao and her son died meaning her family is targeted, so maybe we'll see her get attacked soon. Speaking of the OP... during the part where three persons are seen rising out of a flower field (two of them being Nao and Masao), who's the person on the left? Natsuno's mom?
Old 2010-10-18, 11:28   Link #1159
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Speaking of the OP... during the part where three persons are seen rising out of a flower field (two of them being Nao and Masao), who's the person on the left? Natsuno's mom?
looks like it...I just read it on another forum too...

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-10-18, 12:21   Link #1160
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I think Natsuno's mother has been bitten, she definitly looked like she ahd anemia.

I have a novel idea, maybe this will all end peacefully in the anime, the shiki will find a nice place to live where people will donate blood and everybody lives happily ever after.

But seriously, i wonder how it will end now, there have been signs all along that this is a lost cause. I have read the manga but this seems to be diverging.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire