AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-12, 07:40   Link #781
crashmatrix
Fanboy. So?

Send a message via MSN to crashmatrix
Thank god another fansub came out today, I was -really- itching to get on with NANA the past couple of weeks, and if I'm hearing this correctly, there is some serious shit coming up right here, can't wait

But 30 really left a rather empty feeling, i mean it was good, but wtf o.O
crashmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 17:46   Link #782
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
The foreshadowing here is almost unbearable. I know what's coming
and it's not going to be a happy scene. Poor Nobu. Poor Nana. Poor Shin!

Ah, the melodrama.
Old 2006-12-13, 03:03   Link #783
yura`

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
The foreshadowing here is almost unbearable. I know what's coming and it's not going to be a happy scene. Poor Nobu. Poor Nana. Poor Shin!

Ah, the melodrama.

I agree...! Ep. 30 wasn't that heart-breaking, but gosh... It's all going downhill from here onwards. I'm readying myself for an emotional roller-coaster ride.
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 03:12   Link #784
jedinat

Really? I couldn't stand these last few eps with Nobu, and have been looking forward to what will happen.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 09:03   Link #785
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Perhaps it's a good thing that there's been a bit of a delay on episodes, less chance of emotional overload! In episode 30 it was foretold that the Nana's would start drifting apart, and it was especially clear from the ending that Hachi is in for a rough time.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 10:21   Link #786
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

So where do the manga readers that frequent this thread think the Nana anime will end? I've picked out two sequences from the manga, one from chapter 10 and the other from chapter 11. It is highly advisable that none manga readers don't spoil themselves, it will lessen the impact and it will spoil the show real bad, the misinterpretation of these sequences will also create huge, but false expectations. Oddly enough both end with Hachi crying happy tears.

Spoiler for manga spoiler:

Spoiler for manga spoiler:

Do we need to walk through hell to get to heaven?
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 10:37   Link #787
potholes
~ hanabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
Do we need to walk through hell to get to heaven?
Apparently so

I think you just have to experience hell in order to really appreciate heaven. It makes heaven a whole lot more precious if you have to go through fire to get there, don't you think so? but that's my opinion anyway

Ookiku nattara, nani ni naritai n' ?
potholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 21:55   Link #788
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 30 is the start of my heart ach for Nana. Now the story really get interesting. For all of us that know whats going to happen it will be nice to see it animated. For those who dont all i can say is invest in tissues. Tell your self things could get better. last and not least its not your computer's fault try not to take your frustrations out on it. Im still amazed at how emotional i get watching Nana this is a series that i will talk about 5 years from now
Old 2006-12-18, 01:26   Link #789
Makaijin

zomg did anyone see what shiuze said at the end ep.31? There are plans for the anime to be broadcast in america?? Do i see a license coming?
Makaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 06:07   Link #790
suki4anime
eat, sleep, watch anime!

Before THAT happened in Ep30, I was thinking this could possibly be the best anime series ever with excellent character development, nice art, and best of all the excellent and touching story.I LOVE this show. Lets all just hope the plot twist is for the best. Poor Hachi. I also agree about a license
suki4anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 13:19   Link #791
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaijin View Post
zomg did anyone see what shiuze said at the end ep.31? There are plans for the anime to be broadcast in america?? Do i see a license coming?
Going by that, it does seem there are serious plans in the works for licensing NANA.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 13:31   Link #792
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Oh yeah, no doubt in my mind. Nana will make Yazawa a superstar in the manga/
anime world if she wasn't already overseas..

A great story and success well deserved but .....

Wow.

That ending I didn't expect at all - the headkicks are beginning, do you feel them?

Spoiler:

Still doesn't make it any less "WHOA!"

Last edited by aliensporebomb; 2006-12-18 at 13:43.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 18:25   Link #793
Woland
Latin Rascal

Good that there's finally a plan for an R1 license...

A well but Yazawa is quite popular here since Gokinjo Monogatari Tv series, and for Nana I have to wait just a month... http://www.dynit.it/mini/index.asp?mini=nana&sez=1 (3 for the DVD)
(this time I don't have to envy American Anime market :P)
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 16:03   Link #794
Lilith
Your average fangirl

*pushes back the thread to top*

Ep 32
You know, it's nice to hear Nana's interuptions. We're used to hear Hachi's before. I'd like to call this the "Nana Arc", though it's totally inaccurate, hehe.

Oh my God. The episode started with light comedy, distracting us for a bit of the disaster. BTW, the ballad Reira worked on sounded really beautiful. I'm looking forward to it!

I don't know what else to say, just... The scene where Nobu arrives and starts questioning Hachi took my breath away. Hachi's crying pierced my heart. Nobu's lines "tell me even it's a lie" made me cry. Kudos to both seiyuus!!

And I know people will throw me with rotten tomatoes but... Takumi really is a nice guy. He was trying to cheer her up, he even held her hand and now he went to buy her some grapes~ For a famous womanizer with a short temper, I'm impressed.

Questions:
-What's the last episode to air?
-What's the new ending called? "Black Tears"? BTW, I really like it, suits the mood so well. However, I still prefer "A little Pain".
-What's that song by Trapnest we hear parts of it in several episodes? It appeared again at the beginning of Ep 32 (you can hear the full song in Episode 27 at 17:06). I'll go kill myself! "Stay with me tonight~"
-What's the public opinion of NANA anime? Rates? Like it? Dislike it?
-Trapnest or Black Stones?
Old 2006-12-27, 18:24   Link #795
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
- #36 aired on 12/20.

- Kuroi Namida AKA Black Tears

- Something like that. I think it was on the same single as the latest OLIVIA song.

- NANA has one of the highest ratings ever for an after-midnight anime. Currently, NANA has more audience during its late hours than Naruto or Bleach has during primetime. The ratings have been hovering around 4-6%.

- BLAST for me. Honestly, Trapnest is just random J-Pop, Black Stones are a lot more counter-culture. Although they are not as punk as they claim to be, they are still standing out with their edgier j-rock.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 23:45   Link #796
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
And then it all fell apart

Got my self a double douse of Nana now that holidays are winding down. Episode 31 and 32 were so emotional it had me near tears. I honestly thought that i was ready to see this all go down animated but you know watching it hit me harder than reading it. Im loveing by the way that we get Nana O's monologs at the beginning and ending now its gives us a peak to what was going on in Nana's head during certain moments in the series.

As i expected i still hate Takumi and in response to that i throw a rotten tomato at Lilith J/K Takumi hates to lose he has to be on top and that includes any situation involving Nobu and Hachi. It was not about the baby it was that fact that Nobu was with Hachi he wanted to hurt Nobu and prove that Nobu could never beat him. For example say the bar scene never happen and Nobu had never said anything to provoke Takumi. Fast forward to the present Takumi would have treated Hachi just like any other woman. To be fair i wont place all the guilt on Takumi (hes still ass though but in the manga i have learned to live with him) Nobu and Hachi are also to blame for this situation. Hachi is at fault for not being completely clear with Takumi about the break up. Nobu is at fault for not having a pair of balls and fighting for what he wanted.

Reira and Shin are so enjoyable to watch together. There characters play off each other perfectly and there respective voice talents do a great job of bring out the emotional side of each character. I also love the fact that both Shin and Reira are both half Japanese and some how have managed to find each other. The BGM playing in episode 32 doing the hotel room scene was fantastic. The piano part was soothing and went well with the tears that Reira shed. I wish i could say the heart ach ends hear but it only gets more heart wrenching. Im still up in the air about an ending given the fact that the manga has not finished and Ai has not announced what the final vol. will be. One of the best animes of the year if the ending is good it will make my top 10 list.

I think its about time Nana got moved to the current discussions.
Old 2006-12-28, 05:27   Link #797
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Thanks MrProphet! Good, we're not far behind. I prefer Trapnest, must be because I don't like punk.

LOL Sinestra. Yes, you are right. The moment Takumi knew Nobu is Hachi's boyfriend, he crossed his eyebrows and got crazy. But you know, I'm beginning to think it was just adding fuel to the fire.

Takumi already fell for Hachi (Takumi said to Ren that he misses Hachi when he thinks about her) and he has a possesive nature (Naoki said to Yasu that Takumi doesn't let go of the woman he likes easily), sooo...

I believe that Takumi would aknowledge the child, but not in this dramatic cruel way. This was meant to hurt Nobu and mend his own pride.
Old 2006-12-28, 05:38   Link #798
SilverChakra
Nee-chan

omg...EP 32 was teardropping! Even though I've read the manga and I knew what was going to happen, it was sos sad and heartbreaking. Poor Nana and Nobu. I really want them to be togheter. But she has really messed up big time...

The scene between Shin and Reira in the beginning was beautiful! Shin is such a cute guy. That scene still lingers in my mind, absolutely lovely!
SilverChakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 15:03   Link #799
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Thanks MrProphet! Good, we're not far behind. I prefer Trapnest, must be because I don't like punk.

LOL Sinestra. Yes, you are right. The moment Takumi knew Nobu is Hachi's boyfriend, he crossed his eyebrows and got crazy. But you know, I'm beginning to think it was just adding fuel to the fire.

Takumi already fell for Hachi (Takumi said to Ren that he misses Hachi when he thinks about her) and he has a possesive nature (Naoki said to Yasu that Takumi doesn't let go of the woman he likes easily), sooo...

I believe that Takumi would aknowledge the child, but not in this dramatic cruel way. This was meant to hurt Nobu and mend his own pride.
I agree Lilith its amazing the moment you dismiss someone as a random hookup or just a friend the min you see someone else is interested you real feelings come out I think this is what happen with Takumi after Hachi was not like the girls Takumi was with before Hachi knew who and what Takumi was and vice versa and they still got together

Hey does anyone know the BGM playing ep 32 in the hotel room scene with Shin and Reira. Its when she is trying to think of lyrics for the music Takumi wrote?
Old 2006-12-28, 17:51   Link #800
aliensporebomb

Exclamation Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
*pushes back the thread to top*

Ep 32

And I know people will throw me with rotten tomatoes but... Takumi really is a nice guy. He was trying to cheer her up, he even held her hand and now he went to buy her some grapes~ For a famous womanizer with a short temper, I'm impressed.
I was going to discuss this a bit.

As much as I support Nobu here, reading about this from months back
made me think I'd absolutely despise Takumi.

But like life, the guy has his good points - it's not all black and white.

But the guy is in love, apparently. And "alls fair" if you follow the old
adage.

The only part that just kills me is the:
Spoiler:

Between this and parts of "Welcome to the NHK" I think I need a
break in a sunny place.

Tags
drama, romance