AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome OAV 1 Rating
Perfect 10 60 35.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 30.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 18.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 8.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.18%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-22, 09:49   Link #241
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Does anyone still believe MH (Mai Hime) and MO (Mai-Otome) are connected?

To me it's an Alternate Universe.
I think anyone who wants to make any connections between the 2 is delusional. Aside from a few allusions that are more homage than connection, there is no real definite link between the 2 series apart from the use of the same characters.
Old 2006-12-22, 15:14   Link #242
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimaniacForever View Post
You'll need to read mine again, I dunno if I wrote something wrong, I will look over it.

Yes, the shadow copied fumi, shizuru, miyu, and arika...

It was first Arika, then miyu, then shizuru, then fumi.....

-Other topic-
Why did mikoto pass out right before the Slave thingy attacked?
Why do I even ask people, no one knows yet!!!

I agree it IS messed up!!!

Yeah, your earlier post was confusing.... ..But now I understood everything.

Thx dude.
Old 2006-12-22, 20:16   Link #243
ando

The theme song of Mai-Otome Zwei vol.2 is "storm" by Koshimizu Ami, VA of Nina.

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/we...m_no=BCBA-2771
Old 2006-12-22, 23:10   Link #244
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
I hope this means that Nina comes back, since our heroine won't be able to materialize. Maybe Nina, being the former wielder of the Ultimate Black Diamond, feels something when the Pure White Diamond is stolen (and maybe used) and she comes back to see what's wrong.

One more month.
Old 2006-12-23, 07:18   Link #245
AnimaniacForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I hope this means that Nina comes back, since our heroine won't be able to materialize. Maybe Nina, being the former wielder of the Ultimate Black Diamond, feels something when the Pure White Diamond is stolen (and maybe used) and she comes back to see what's wrong.

One more month.
I truely hope so! I want them to have A BIG BATTLE!!!(ok....acting like a child now)

I want there to be a big battle between the copied fumi and nina/(or mai)
Old 2006-12-23, 18:21   Link #246
OtomeYuna

Nina is in episode 2 because in wikipedia if you go to Ami Koshimizu in it it says she plays Nina Wang in Mai otome Zwei Episode 2.
Old 2006-12-23, 18:26   Link #247
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/we...m_no=BCBA-2771
Interesting
Storm

Return of Koshimizu ami^^
Old 2006-12-23, 21:21   Link #248
Lost

Talking Oppai, Boing de tsun, Ahh!~

Ah, back to the series (or rather the sequel to the series) and the sub-forum that started it all for me.

I still vaguely remember the misadventure I had with watching Mai Otome; looking back that probably stemmed from me expecting from MO something more of the serious calibre of Mai HiME. No wonder I was dissappointed with Otome! (It started to get better towards the end, when I learnt to emotionally detach myself from the show).

Watched Zwei, and it basically reinforces the above, that this isnt the kind of serious series its predeccesor was. Still, this episode was quite enjoyable. I must admit I felt goosebumps and a really good nostalgic feeling at the start seeing materalised meisters in action; its just the whole atmosphere of the Mai universe that never never leaves you, no matter how many other series you watch. Also, once again hearing the almost decadent drawl of my red-eyed onee-sama was absolutely love. Fanboy love returns! Shizuru-onee-same what have they done to you! T_T

Other than that, I felt it was a travesty to the show to display Mai and Mikoto running a Ramen store; in what was no more than a theme park, or tourist attraction. Also, the little conflict they try to insert between Arika and Mashiro just screams "angst-character-development!"

It was also amusing to hear that Arinko had become Arika's public name, I suppose it shows the people's love for her. What I did like about this was the new villain - he does strike up much interest in finding out who he (it) is and his motivations; being able to defeat no less than two veterans and one l33t android. It's also good that they cut-to-the-chase quite early in the episode, instead of dragging it on with more "state-of-present-time-events." We'll see more next time I guess.

I leave you with some Maki~Maki goodness.

Old 2006-12-24, 00:54   Link #249
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'm hoping for a Zwei Robe upgrade for most of our beloved Otome (...okay fine, so just Mai and Natsuki I'm hoping for the Z-upgrade). I really don't see how Arika and Nina are suppose to defeat this adversary, especially since it has taken out both MIYU and Shizuru. Thankfully, Arika's and Nina's token sempai - Mai and Natsuki - are still amongst the non-stoned for now.

If they do have Natsuki get stoned (sounds wrong for some reason), I look to Mai to change her Element from 'Ignition' to 'Inferno'.
Old 2006-12-24, 07:21   Link #250
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo

haruka is on the Cover of the 2nd
And Sara too^^
Old 2006-12-24, 17:31   Link #251
AnimaniacForever

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtomeYuna View Post
Nina is in episode 2 because in wikipedia if you go to Ami Koshimizu in it it says she plays Nina Wang in Mai otome Zwei Episode 2.
arigato!!i needed that answer
Old 2006-12-24, 18:44   Link #252
Jayjs20

Send a message via AIM to Jayjs20
Hmmm ...I've been thinking about it and I don't really like the whole 'XXX was defeated' thing. None of the 3 who were turned to stone showed any sign of putting up a fight. Shizuru's weapon wasn't drawn. Miyu didn't have her blade out. Something just tells me that they didn't go toe-to-toe with her villain and lost, but rather, they were caught by surprise.
Old 2006-12-24, 23:02   Link #253
AnimaniacForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjs20 View Post
Hmmm ...I've been thinking about it and I don't really like the whole 'XXX was defeated' thing. None of the 3 who were turned to stone showed any sign of putting up a fight. Shizuru's weapon wasn't drawn. Miyu didn't have her blade out. Something just tells me that they didn't go toe-to-toe with her villain and lost, but rather, they were caught by surprise.
well (of coarse) yeah they were caught by suprise!

Last edited by AnimaniacForever; 2006-12-26 at 19:16.
Old 2006-12-24, 23:30   Link #254
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjs20 View Post
Miyu had her Mithril (?) dress on, and her hands were raised in what looked like a fighting position; she also recognized the thing for what it was the instant she saw it and set out with the intent to confront it. So Miyu at least tried to fight.
Old 2006-12-24, 23:33   Link #255
Sakuya
*Artist

Besides, Sunrise just loves to skimp us out on the good fights like they did in My-HiME. If it makes you feel any better, the first chapter of the Zwei manga does have Shizuru putting up a fight.
Old 2006-12-25, 08:46   Link #256
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Well the only one that was surprise was Shizuru I thou. Miss Maria lost her robe so she wouldn't be able to put much of fight. Miyu would had fought the thing but I guess we would not see what is until the very end of the OVA. Keep the mystery going tilt then.
Old 2006-12-25, 15:16   Link #257
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

OMG Sara Materialise
It's Rocks
And... CHIE!
Old 2006-12-25, 15:20   Link #258
Urd
Airborne

Where is Natsuki?????!!!!
and where did u get those pics anyway?
two more months to go.. arghhh.. can't believe ONLY a month has passed since the release of vol.1...
btw.. now that you mention Chie... who is her Master???!?!?!?

AAANNNNDDD... if Sara can materialize... that means that the other pillars' can too... and that means that the Shinso is back Online... or something like that...
well.. maybe she's using the Surrogate System for that materialize too...
ARRGGGhhhhhh... need answers....

Last edited by Urd; 2006-12-25 at 15:22. Reason: add content
Old 2006-12-25, 15:33   Link #259
SpeedRcrX
Ba~bu~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post

OMG Sara Materialise
It's Rocks
And... CHIE!
With Haruka being put in "the front" we can expect some fun times
Old 2006-12-25, 17:06   Link #260
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urd View Post
and where did u get those pics anyway?
From the official site's main page. Chie's Robe looks awesome! So she's finally in on the action. Now all that's left is for Aoi to become an Otome OR for Chie to rescue Aoi or something.

Could it be they're using some new back-up system? Chie's GEM is blue and Sara is holding something blue in her hand as well.
Closed Thread