AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-21, 17:05   Link #361
ImperialFlameGod8190

well doesnt really matter at this point

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 14:53   Link #362
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Wow, this episode PROVES that the studio is lazy. Reused frames we've seen. But at least watch the quality control. THe Iris attack's background is still NIGHTIME, hence reused episode 3's frames rather than editing the background. >_>

Well, back to reading the LN...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 15:22   Link #363
Kakurin
大佐

Well...

Spoiler for Episode 12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Wow, this episode PROVES that the studio is lazy.
Not lazy. Diomedea simply bit off more than they could chew. They are doing four series this season and it obviously surpasses their capacity.
Old 2015-03-26, 15:25   Link #364
moodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Well...

Spoiler for Episode 12:

Not lazy. Diomedea simply bit off more than they could chew. They are doing four series this season and it obviously surpasses their capacity.
weird tbh when they have kancolle which is their biggest hit idk why they felt they needed to split their work load into 4 shows and only give 1 show decent attention
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 18:24   Link #365
ImperialFlameGod8190

I'm gonna save my full review for tmrw when i think about all the episodes but of the 4 action harems (duo, world break, Fafnir, Testament) Fafnir was the worst of the group this season.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-03-26, 19:24   Link #366
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
weird tbh when they have kancolle which is their biggest hit idk why they felt they needed to split their work load into 4 shows and only give 1 show decent attention
Actually I think even Kancolle took a hit. It really does feel l ike they're biting off more than they can chew.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 19:54   Link #367
Plant42

As expected they have changed(and screwed) the detail of final mission just like when they did to the previous snipe operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I'm gonna save my full review for tmrw when i think about all the episodes but of the 4 action harems (duo, world break, Fafnir, Testament) Fafnir was the worst of the group this season.
Yeah, It is so ironic that when consider about the source material this one is far surpass the other three.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 20:59   Link #368
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
I disagree, I think Absolute Duo was worse than Fafnir.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 21:23   Link #369
moodie

Quote:
the choppy animation and horrible cgi puts in last place

if i had to rank them it would be Testament, World Break, Duo, Fafnir

sadly in terms of story fafnif actually woulda been second but that cgi was so jarring and in ur face that it made me rate the anime lower than the others
Old 2015-03-26, 21:26   Link #370
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
As expected they have changed(and screwed) the detail of final mission just like when they did to the previous snipe operation.

Yeah, It is so ironic that when consider about the source material this one is far surpass the other three.
I dont think it far surpasses the other 3 but what is for sure is that this was the worst adaptation of the 4.

Quote:
I think its very close Duo's failings and Fafnirs are very similar many of the things they did wrong are also similar. I think where Fafnir is worse is the fact that adaptation wise Fafnir is a better Light novel then Duo slightly. Other then the ending with Miyabi Duo was actually rather faithful.

Await my review tmrw.

@moodie i agree with why you say its in last place and storywise where it is. The ranking i slightly disagree

Old 2015-03-27, 08:32   Link #371
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well i typically hate double posting but i'm gonna do it this case because its time as promised for my review of Fafnir I may double post it because its a long one.
Spoiler for Review of Fafnir (its quite long so read everything before passing judgement on it):

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2015-03-27 at 08:48. Reason: Didnt want to triple post sorry to double also
Old 2015-03-27, 12:12   Link #372
Nvis
Where are the good animes

This was better than Absolute Duo, but maybe because I read the novel of the later that it seemed worse.

I'm assuming if I read the novel for this, I'd be disappointed too.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 12:28   Link #373
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
This was better than Absolute Duo, but maybe because I read the novel of the later that it seemed worse.

I'm assuming if I read the novel for this, I'd be disappointed too.
its up to volume 3 chapter 2 it just ended the hotspring part so u'd get a pretty good read on it.

Old 2015-03-27, 15:30   Link #374
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I'd say the studio easily took on more than they could actually handle. Just too much volume, shows that could have been solid if they were on their own took a hit.

I think Fafnir as a whole was a good watch. The story side of it still had me coming back which at least was a plus. Though even at the end I'm left with the same feelings as when we first found out that Yuu was losing memories with the more power he had to borrow. First, feel bad for Mitsuki since she takes the most hits from this memory loss. And second, just write a damn diary! How does it take Iris to tell him something of common sense level. Either tell someone the things you don't want to forget, or write them down! Focus on the events you are worried about forgetting and you can have a reminder so at least you can keep the facts in place.

Good job taking down the basilisk at any rate. Using the tools they had. Not just focusing on the power of Ds or technology but combining their efforts. And hey they managed to add Kili to the harem...which may be more dangerous than anything else .
Old 2015-03-27, 16:39   Link #375
Nvis
Where are the good animes

This felt like an open-end. Hope there is 2nd Season!

Kili is so awesome and hot!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 20:30   Link #376
Shlugo

This final fizzled rather than banged.

First Yuu beats Kiri because "you can beat any human" no other explanation needed. Then Basillisk goes down super easily as the plan goes off without a hitch and they don't even have to use one of the countless backup plans they had preprepared.

I liked the emotional moments with his sister and Iris more but even those didn't have the omph the final episode should have. And then it ends with everyone greeting him in class, so... yay?

Thoroughly average series. Not the best of the season but also definitely not the worst (seeing as I didn't drop it like Testament or Isuca). Didn't hate any of the episodes but none stood out either. A decent time filler, and I'll watch a second season if it happens but if not, I won't be terribly distressed either.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 22:22   Link #377
ImperialFlameGod8190

I'd be stupified if this got a second season it doesnt deserve it.

Old 2015-03-27, 22:56   Link #378
moodie

Quote:
I'd be stupified if this got a second season it doesnt deserve it.
with this studio idk anymore

first its crazy that they even did 4 anime in 1 season if they do 4 sequels i woudnt be surprised lmfao
Old 2015-03-27, 22:59   Link #379
ImperialFlameGod8190

testament got it because everyone wanted the fanservice HOWEVER the story was lacking so everyones pretty much waiting for BD's. None of the big 4 are good enough frankly. So far the only one i've yet to have a full review for is WB and amazingly its gonna end up second when it was worse then Fanfnir pretty recently.

Old 2015-03-28, 00:20   Link #380
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
This final fizzled rather than banged.

First Yuu beats Kiri because "you can beat any human" no other explanation needed. Then Basillisk goes down super easily as the plan goes off without a hitch and they don't even have to use one of the countless backup plans they had preprepared.

I liked the emotional moments with his sister and Iris more but even those didn't have the omph the final episode should have. And then it ends with everyone greeting him in class, so... yay?

Thoroughly average series. Not the best of the season but also definitely not the worst (seeing as I didn't drop it like Testament or Isuca). Didn't hate any of the episodes but none stood out either. A decent time filler, and I'll watch a second season if it happens but if not, I won't be terribly distressed either.
If you're going to criticize at least try to be accurate....like...at least make it like you watched the episode, and not try to read a blog summary excerpt.

The "Human phrase" is well explain. It was thoroughly hinted, expanded through the series. Why would they need to explain it at all.

And they went way past plan ABC. It was technically plan Z aka the unexplained, "do or die plan".

A was if a beam lasted more then 5 seconds (stay longer instead of evac) they couldn't evac

B was if it fires a 2nd time they had to deploy anti air cushion (because they can't evac)

C is if he moves. (he did not but he broke it using the clever early fire idea).

Last ditch effort was an all out blitz on him before he could recharge his beams. (This heavily assume he had no more trumps in his secret stash). And this the most risky and completely un-announced(off screen-ed plan)

Last ditch plan is basically all or nothing against a dragon. A single beam attack and no one makes it out alive likely.

Last edited by kukuru; 2015-03-28 at 00:34.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem