AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 9 6.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 13.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 14.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 11.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 7.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 13.95%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-31, 10:58   Link #481
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaceon_cute View Post

In other note, we should really, really stop the Episode 7 and 12 debate here. Is it that hard to accept that Slaine mad mistakes? All this happened because of Slaines errors. Yes, he could do differently, he could be smarter, but he did wrong, because he has problems using his brain. There are plenty choices he could make, and he just happened to choose allways thewrong ones. His whole behavioris really unreasonable.
Corrected.
Old 2015-03-31, 11:12   Link #482
lubczyk

The worst part is that ultimately Asseylum has innocent blood on her hands and took no responsibility for the war. As an absolute monarch, she is supposed to be held responsible for everything that happens in the Vers Empire and her name, both good and bad. Instead of taking responsibility, she passed the whole blame of the war onto a Terran boy in the name of peace.

In my mind, Asseylum is the main villain that walked away scot-free.

If there's one thing I can say about this show is that it touched upon most things I hate about monarchies in real life. The birthright, the privilege, the vanity, the passing of blame, the idolatry and classism of it all

Asseylum couldn't just send a representative first down to Earth even though the pleading of the aristocrats and Slaine. She wanted things done her way and always got what she wanted. It was her way or the highway, because of the womb she came out of.

Lemrina and Slaine were supposed to show what was wrong with the Verisian feudal monarchy system, but the writers just brushed those under the rug.

Last edited by lubczyk; 2015-03-31 at 11:37.
Old 2015-03-31, 11:34   Link #483
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
The worst part is that ultimately Asseylum has innocent blood on her hands and took no responsibility for the war. As an absolute monarch, she is supposed to be held responsible for everything that happens in the Vers Empire and her name, both good and bad. Instead of taking responsibility, she passed the whole blame of the war onto a Terran boy in the name of peace.

If there's one thing I can say about this show is that it touched upon most things I hate about monarchies in real life. The birthright, the privilege, the vanity, the passing of blame, the idolatry of it all.

Asseylum couldn't just send a representative first down to Earth even though the pleading of the aristocrats and Slaine. She wanted things done her way and always got what she wanted.
The worst part is that some people are suffering on delusionalitis and twist things so they have not to accept reality.

Slaine is far faar faaar away from being innocent and Asseylum has no innocent blood on her hands.
Old 2015-03-31, 11:39   Link #484
Oboro

Quote:

If there's one thing I can say about this show is that it touched upon most things I hate about monarchies in real life. The birthright, the privilege, the vanity, the passing of blame, the idolatry and classism of it all

Asseylum couldn't just send a representative first down to Earth even though the pleading of the aristocrats and Slaine. She wanted things done her way and always got what she wanted. It was her way or the highway, because of the womb she came out of.
how Asseylum is responsible for the war?

i know that you are butthurted to what happened to your beloved Slaine but really, what show you have seen is a mistery, 'cause everything you just wrote never happened in the show.
Stop ranting please, you didn't like the show? It happens, but stop writing your "personal" A/Z, it isn't very smart too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Corrected.
btw there isn't a reason to talk anymore about ep 7 'cause Aoki has been careful to note that it was Slaine that shot first in episode 7: because prolly he's unable to trust others, so all argument, that in ep 7 was inoah's fault, falls.
Old 2015-03-31, 11:50   Link #485
lubczyk

Quote:
The worst part is that some people are suffering on delusionalitis and twist things so they have not to accept reality.

Slaine is far faar faaar away from being innocent and Asseylum has no innocent blood on her hands.
Slaine is guilty. But his crimes are also the crimes of the Vers political system. Asseylum did everything to preserve the corrupted monarchy. Slaine tried to split, if not ultimately, destroy it.

It's the system that's the problem. Not just the people in it. If Asseylum really felt like it, she could become a despot or restart the war just because she had a a bad day. No person should have that much power. That's why the monarchy, the aristocracy and the class system had to be amended if not destroyed. That's why Aldnoah is just a smoking gun until another royal despot or aristocrat takes the reigns.

The current peace based on a lie is as thin as a sheet of ice.
Old 2015-03-31, 11:52   Link #486
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post
btw there isn't a reason to talk anymore about ep 7 'cause Aoki has been careful to note that it was Slaine that shot first in episode 7: because prolly he's unable to trust others, so all argument, that in ep 7 was inoah's fault, falls.
It's not only about who shot first but also about why a certain moron made it go this far. We will always talk about ep7 as long there are still people who refuse to accept the reality and demonstrate that with their posts.

Quote:
Slaine is guilty. But his crimes are also the crimes of the Vers political system. Asseylum did everything to preserve the corrupted monarchy. Slaine tried to split, if not ultimately, destroy it.

It's the system that's the problem. Not just the people in it. If Asseylum really felt like it, she could become a despot or restart the war just because she had a a bad day. No person should have that much power. That's why the monarchy, the aristocracy and the class system had to be amended if not destroyed. That's why Aldnoah is just a smoking gun until another royal despot or aristocrat takes the reigns.

Old 2015-03-31, 12:09   Link #487
00 raizer

Quote:
are we not done yet with placing blame to another character???
you claim she is responsible for everything happen in vers empire but when she want to do so, slaine fan claim she is naive and poor politician...even when she order slaine to stop the war,slaine fan claim she stupid and should let slaine handle the rest...in the first place,the war happen not because on her order but she was made as a victim...it might be that blame slaine as the one responsibility for the war is too much but you have to accept he was the one who control the count for escalating the war and since his face are shown a lot on the screen during the speech which is aired around the world,it pretty much that people will view slaine is mastermind...

Quote:
that the most ridiculous thing had i ever heard

Quote:
what i can say that even asseylum in high position in vers sociality,what she she can do is limited based on how was her life is being monitored..based on her personalities,if she had known that her people is suffering due lack of resources,she will help them as much she could do...but,as you see depend on how count cruhteo treat slaine(lower class),i doubt that she have the permission to look around to the lower class environment and situation...well,could you place that blame toward the counts???

Quote:
she is the princess,let her done that...in the first place she came to earth by name of goodwill and also to discuss about resources....and dont forget,she just a teenager and she never see the earth since birth so that reasonable that she was excited to visit earth..furthermore,the story from slaine about earth made her become more interested to visit earth...so,why dont you blame slaine for make her interested to see the bird,flower and earth???im sure you will not agree this...
Old 2015-03-31, 12:27   Link #488
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 raizer View Post
are we not done yet with placing blame to another character???
you claim she is responsible for everything happen in vers empire but when she want to do so, slaine fan claim she is naive and poor politician...even when she order slaine to stop the war,slaine fan claim she stupid and should let slaine handle the rest...in the first place,the war happen not because on her order but she was made as a victim...it might be that blame slaine as the one responsibility for the war is too much but you have to accept he was the one who control the count for escalating the war and since his face are shown a lot on the screen during the speech which is aired around the world,it pretty much that people will view slaine is mastermind...

that the most ridiculous thing had i ever heard

what i can say that even asseylum in high position in vers sociality,what she she can do is limited based on how was her life is being monitored..based on her personalities,if she had known that her people is suffering due lack of resources,she will help them as much she could do...but,as you see depend on how count cruhteo treat slaine(lower class),i doubt that she have the permission to look around to the lower class environment and situation...well,could you place that blame toward the counts???

she is the princess,let her done that...in the first place she came to earth by name of goodwill and also to discuss about resources....and dont forget,she just a teenager and she never see the earth since birth so that reasonable that she was excited to visit earth..furthermore,the story from slaine about earth made her become more interested to visit earth...so,why dont you blame slaine for make her interested to see the bird,flower and earth???im sure you will not agree this...
You know, you're right. Slaine is in big part to blame for Asseylum wanting to come to Earth.
Old 2015-03-31, 12:30   Link #489
Oboro

Quote:

yeah she does stinky farts too.

again what she could or couldn't do in the future doesn't matter it wasn't showed in the show, not a part of the show but only about your delusion, are you one of the Olympus knights? If not please stop your rant.
asseylum being the Villain of the series was the most ridiculous thing had i ever heard about A/Z
Old 2015-03-31, 12:30   Link #490
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
You know, you're right. Slaine is in big part to blame for Asseylum wanting to come to Earth.
And wanting to come down to earth for peace negotiations is not a crime.

We all can see what you are trying to do here, but dude, it is not working.
Old 2015-03-31, 12:34   Link #491
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Accomplice

At law, an accomplice has the same degree of guilt as the person he or she is assisting, is subject to prosecution for the same crime, and faces the same criminal penalties.

Where two or more persons form an intention in common to carry out an unlawful purpose and to assist each other therein and any one of them, in carrying out the common purpose, commits an offence, each of them who knew or ought to have known that the commission of the offence would be a probable consequence of carrying out the common purpose is a party to that offence.
Old 2015-03-31, 12:34   Link #492
lubczyk

Quote:
And wanting to come down to earth for peace negotiations is not a crime.

We all can see what you are trying to do here, but dude, it is not working.
And you are doing exactly what the writers of the show did. Shielding the steep caste feudal system with a hereditary absolute monarchy, based around an alien supertechology, which is responsible for most of the conflict in the series.

I'm not angry at you. I'm just angry that the writers of the show just dropped the plot point like so many others.
Old 2015-03-31, 12:46   Link #493
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
And you are doing exactly what the writers of the show did. Shielding the steep caste feudal system with a hereditary absolute monarchy, based around an alien supertechology, which is responsible for most of the conflict in the series.

I'm not angry at you. I'm just angry that the writers of the show just dropped the plot point like so many others.
Come one dude. The salt is so big that it could make over 100 olympic swimming pools of water undrinkable.

You are trying to shift the blame for Slaines mistakes to society and to people that have nothing to with him being a moron. Slaine is responsible for his own misery and no one else.
He is not a victim in this story, he is the main villain. Please stop whining and being a Slaine, just accept reality and learn deal with it.
Old 2015-03-31, 12:48   Link #494
00 raizer

Quote:
that i can agree at you...i was mad at director for the ending which asseylum and klancain get married and inaho got nothing....after that episode,it made me stress and cant sleep well...at least give him the count title...
Old 2015-03-31, 12:55   Link #495
MartianMage

I stopped taking that guy seriously a long time ago... too much salt really...

Quote:
It was actually addressed but either you're too busy being mad that you didn't catch it or you're conveniently forgetting it just to rant.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2015-03-31, 12:55   Link #496
zalem

The princess is a villain now? That's a new one. Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to see the Vers nobility shredded to pieces too, but that doesn't change the fact that Slaine is the main villain of the series. The princess is ignorant and silly, but a far cry from a villain.
Old 2015-03-31, 12:58   Link #497
Oboro

And the authors not even solved her flatulency problems too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
The princess is ignorant and silly, but a far cry from a villain.
not really she's showed much smart than her parents (rayregalia, Glizeria) willing to solve the Vers resoruce problems with diplomacy, her trip to the earth in first episode for reference wasn't for shopping.
Old 2015-03-31, 13:08   Link #498
00 raizer

my opinion is:

asseylum=nice princess who want to make all human(martian and terran)got along

rayregalia=senile man who want revenge toward terran because the death of gilzeria and asseylum

gilzeria=greed and envious bastard

and they never shown or mention about asseylum mother that make me think if gilzeria is asexual like piccolo...
Old 2015-03-31, 13:50   Link #499
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
So Slaine's crimes are blamed on "the system", but Asseylum is personally responsible? Double standards, much?

What we, any of us, are responsible for are our own choices. And Slaine made a lot of bad ones. Asseylum didn't. At worst, she's guilty of not seeing Saazbaum's betrayal coming, but so are other people, who were a lot better planced than she to see it. Like Crutheo or Ray. After that, her options were rather limited, but she went above and beyond to make things right.

Quote:
It's the system that's the problem. Not just the people in it.
Oh, I daresay that Slaine, and Saazbaum before him, were pretty big problems. If Saazbaum hadn't been an asshole, ep 24's epilogue could have taken place at the end of ep1. We'd have had no story.

Quote:
If Asseylum really felt like it, she could become a despot or restart the war just because she had a a bad day. No person should have that much power. That's why the monarchy, the aristocracy and the class system had to be amended if not destroyed. That's why Aldnoah is just a smoking gun until another royal despot or aristocrat takes the reigns.

Slaine gave her no other choice but to ally with the loyalists (who are probably rather conservative). It's his fault she was cornered into marrying Klancain, just so she could stop the pointless bloodshed.

And even then, she's spreading her power, the power of Aldnoah, around. All Slaine did was try to accumulate more and more power to himself, because he wouldn't trust anyone else with it.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2015-04-01 at 01:37.
Old 2015-03-31, 14:51   Link #500
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:

I think I figured it out. You didnt actually watch the show, but followed it through a slaine fangirl's blog instead. It all makes sense now why you keep making things up that didnt happen in the show, or why you twist events around.