AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 25 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 24 47.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.96%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-27, 21:47   Link #101
Knight_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
It was just a joke on Barbatos' namesakes nature and even then its different, we're well aware there's nothing more to it than that.

As Almira, I am for some reason getting some odd Sayla vibes from her after this episode.

I mean her dream vision of McGillis will be shattered if she finds out the truth regarding the situation, she'd be rebelling and hiding her identity from him.

Though I imagine McGillis can easily paint Tekkadan as the 'bad guys' to her eyes.
Almiria might have expanded role in upcoming season 2. Given the time skip maybe she will grown into 16 yo lady and become mobile suit pilot fot gjallarhorn to revenge on her brother. And then as the shows go on she will learn how her brother died.
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 21:52   Link #102
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
Almiria might have expanded role in upcoming season 2. Given the time skip maybe she will grown into 16 yo lady and become mobile suit pilot for gjallarhorn to revenge on her brother. And then as the shows go on she will learn how her brother died.
I know Biscuit's sisters will join gjallarhorn because they might think Orga was the one who killed him ( remember that one girl from 00 its kinda the same thing)
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 22:00   Link #103
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
I know Biscuit's sister will join gjallarhorn becasue they might think Orga was the one who killed him ( remember that one girl from 00 its kinda the same thing)
I don't think the time skip is going to be that long, not unless they want to replace the entire cast except maybe Ride and Takaki. The entire story of IBO hinges on the idea of child soldiers going and fighting against all odds. If we wait till Cookie, Cracker, or even Almiria are old enough to serve as pilots, especially in Gjallerhorn, Orga, Mika, Eugene, Akihiro and all the others will all be adults at this point and might even have families of their own. The series would lose the whole child soldier angle, which would take away from the entire tone the series was based on.

And I'm not sure I want to spend half the next season being introduced and settled into a whole new cast, especially when there is so much to still explore with this one.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 22:30   Link #104
Router25
World Connector. I think

Do you think war could break out in season 2 supposedly due to the half-metal regulation and some Gjallarhorn remnants that wanted to stay in their corrupted power? (hehe Neo Gjallarhorn with ChocoMask as the leader is so funny)

IBO seems to be revolving around the full-on fighting to survive theme. It would be a bit off to see the next season as lighter than it was now. Maybe some exposition on the AV system or something.
Old 2016-03-27, 22:32   Link #105
Chosen_Hero

At least Mikadzuki won't be needing a cheat mode mechanical eye to keep piloting.
Old 2016-03-27, 22:41   Link #106
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
At least Mikadzuki won't be needing a cheat mode mechanical eye to keep piloting.
I'm convinced that IBO is a direct challenge to A.Z. The parallels are just too much for it not to be.

Sure, there are contrasts such as Inaho with his 'tactics' to Mika and his brute force, plus Kudelia being more interesting than Asseylum, McGillis being a likeable anti-villain to Slaine being an asshat, CGI vs 2d...

What point was I trying to make again?
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 22:55   Link #107
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
I'm convinced that IBO is a direct challenge to A.Z. The parallels are just too much for it not to be.

Sure, there are contrasts such as Inaho with his 'tactics' to Mika and his brute force, plus Kudelia being more interesting than Asseylum, McGillis being a likeable anti-villain to Slaine being an asshat, CGI vs 2d...

What point was I trying to make again?
If anything, I liked Aldnoah's idea of switching the norm, where the protagonist is fighting Gundams with a mook suit.
Old 2016-03-27, 23:21   Link #108
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
Do you think war could break out in season 2 supposedly due to the half-metal regulation and some Gjallarhorn remnants that wanted to stay in their corrupted power? (hehe Neo Gjallarhorn with ChocoMask as the leader is so funny)

IBO seems to be revolving around the full-on fighting to survive theme. It would be a bit off to see the next season as lighter than it was now. Maybe some exposition on the AV system or something.
I think that might be part of it. After watching it again, we see Nobliss and McMurdo talking about the fact that Gjallerhorn is losing influence, but at the same time the other blocs are beginning to put togther their own military groups, with Arbrau already asking Tekkadan to be that bloc's military advisors. They also say that this desire for personal bloc militaries will escalate faster in the outer sphere. So, it could be that Tekkadan will have to fight against the militaries of other blocs, especially if they want to begin to invade other colonies for power.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-03-27, 23:32   Link #109
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
If anything, I liked Aldnoah's idea of switching the norm, where the protagonist is fighting Gundams with a mook suit.
It was a good idea that was gone the moment they had Jesus Yamato 2.0 piloting said "mook suit", it might as well had been a martian suit or a gundam.

If season 2 keeps Mika as the mc and he is still handicapped unless he is connected to Barbatos it will be a better continuation than A.Z s2 and their perfect healing technology.
Old 2016-03-28, 00:09   Link #110
Irenesharda

One thing I also notice on second viewing is that Orga tells Takaki, that he "can't leave Mika by himself".

At first I thought this meant he was going out there to fight with everyone else, but it ends up being his message for everyone not to die. I'm wondering that if Mika doesn't have Orga with him, will he keep fighting until he dies?

I didn't realize this until now but Mika has actually never fought a battle without Orga observing him in some fashion. Orga is usually there also to tell Mika when to stop and when to pull back from a fight. Is that some sort of check that Orga places on Mika so that he doesn't get so absorbed in the moment that he no longer thinks of his own life? Sort of like a stronger version of when granny pretzel knocked Mika in the head when he was about to kill Gaelio?

I hope next season we do get to see more of their past and their relationship. It's still one of the factors that I want to see the most explored.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-03-28, 00:10   Link #111
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

ever wondered if Mika was still able to use his pistol properly with one busted eye & arm, thus affecting his anti personnel combat capabilities.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 00:23   Link #112
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
but watching McGillis screw over Gaeilio was entertaining as hell. For me that was the highlight of the episode.
You monster!

Personally I don't believe Gealio is dead if not only just for the simple fact that Sunrise is freaking inconsistent when comes to killing off characters. No matter how reasonable conclusions anyone draws from the available clues and whatnot characters in their shows can come back even from the most logic defying ends.

I a person of McGills caliber shouldn't miss such an opportunity but with Sunrise all bets are off.

Ein is the only I believe to be dead at this point simply because there nowhere from him to go as character. His death warrant was signed as soon as he became a machine. Now his fate simply be mercilessly salvaged and thrown away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
McMurdo and Nobliss come out winners here with potential profits and the decline of Gjallarhorn's power. Tekkadan already proving its worth to Teiwaz with being Abrau's military advisors.
Indeed.

They made out like bandits in all of this. For Nobliss in particular even if Kudelia is no longer under his thumb he benefited greatly from the mission's success, so keeping her alive turned out far better than staged tragedy. He and Murdo are certainly terrible people, but they are necessary evil needed to keep Gjallaharjhon in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Overall, there were some things I didn't like in the series (last episode shounen power up via fighting spirit being one of them, though to be fair it's been hinted that Mika hasn't been using Barbatos at full power), but IMO this is my favourite Gundam to date. I mean sure, I make it no secret that I'm an Okadafag, but...

- with memorable characters like Biscuit and Ein (man he sure was yandere over Crank huh? not that I can blame him)

- seeing the character growth of naive Kudelia to the one we have right now

- the brilliance of the way McGillis was written as the manipulator behind the scenes

-the subtle jabs at the real world where in the end its multinational corporations that are in power and,

-seeing the Tekkadan transform from a ragtag band of kids pretty much being slaves to the ones that pretty much toppled Gjallahorn's control of the world

...I'd say my reasons for loving this series so much isn't just because Okada wrote it.

Now just hoping they won't screw up the 2nd season. Until fall, c'ya later folks!
Okada fawning aside, I basically I agree 100% with all this. For someone like me who has been estranged from Gundam franchise for years, it's nice to enjoy one in earnest again. Now if they can just not pull a Destiny or 00 season 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Honestly, I expected him to show up with an eye patch in the ending. You know like Big Boss from the MGS. it fit even more with Tekkadan's mercenary career.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 00:27   Link #113
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Mikazuki said he couldn't see well out of the eye, rather than saying he couldn't see out of the eye at all. So there's still some visual capability there, and thus no need for an eye patch. At least this way he retains some depth perception.
Old 2016-03-28, 00:30   Link #114
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'm wondering that if Mika doesn't have Orga with him, will he keep fighting until he dies?

I didn't realize this until now but Mika has actually never fought a battle without Orga observing him in some fashion. Orga is usually there also to tell Mika when to stop and when to pull back from a fight. Is that some sort of check that Orga places on Mika so that he doesn't get so absorbed in the moment that he no longer thinks of his own life? Sort of like a stronger version of when granny pretzel knocked Mika in the head when he was about to kill Gaelio?

I hope next season we do get to see more of their past and their relationship. It's still one of the factors that I want to see the most explored.
Mika lives and dies by Orgas' words but only if Orga is set on reaching their 'destination'.

Orga trusts or rather knows Mika will do his orders to the letter and watches Mika either because of responsibility or returning the favor, he did say that he cannot look weak infront of Mika, so if he has to be strong Mikazuki should as well.

We've gotten hints of bloodlust on Mika but he usually keeps it in check because 'Orga hasn't said to do such and such', though there are times where loses it.
So Orga acts as a sort restraint for Mika.

It's an interesting push and pull relationship between those two.
Old 2016-03-28, 00:32   Link #115
wissenschaft

Lets remember that Mika uses the Alaya-Vijnana system to plug into his gundam's senors so he can "sense" where the enemy is. Just like how Akihiro was able to sense where the battleships where in episode 21 and be able to hit them. Even if Mika lost vision in his eye, I doubt it would effect his combat abilities in a gundam.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 00:35   Link #116
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We know it doesn't. He already said he regains full functionality of his hand and eye when he's connected to the Barbatos.
Old 2016-03-28, 00:38   Link #117
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Lets remember that Mika uses the Alaya-Vijnana system to plug into his gundam's senors so he can "sense" where the enemy is. Just like how Akihiro was able to sense where the battleships where in episode 21 and be able to hit them. Even if Mika lost vision in his eye, I doubt it would effect his combat abilities in a gundam.
Mika himself said he regains full usage of both hand and eye when he is connected to Barbatos, so his piloting abilities won't take a hit. He does need to readjust himself for antipersonnel shooting though.

Mikas' condition imply that the damage is somewhere along his nerves or his spine. AV systems negative effects on the body are being realized late in the show.
Old 2016-03-28, 00:41   Link #118
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
We know it doesn't. He already said he regains full functionality of his hand and eye when he's connected to the Barbatos.
Why?

I mean, that was my instant reaction upon hearing that line from Mika. Why (and how) does he regain full functionality when plugged into Barbatos?
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 00:58   Link #119
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Mikazuki said he couldn't see well out of the eye, rather than saying he couldn't see out of the eye at all. So there's still some visual capability there, and thus no need for an eye patch. At least this way he retains some depth perception.
Yeah, I know. I just thought it would be neat if did since wouldn't even affect his piloting abilities. he would be one of the few characters in anime who could legitimately pull off the style in terms of practicability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
Why?

I mean, that was my instant reaction upon hearing that line from Mika. Why (and how) does he regain full functionality when plugged into Barbatos?
My guess that since the Alaya-Vijnana system ties his sense to Barbatos, the Gundam compensates for his missing human senses with it's own.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 01:15   Link #120
lubczyk

Can someone explain this to me. If Makanai is an exile in Oceania, why would him getting physically to Edmonton get him elected as prime minister of Arbrau? Why would him being physically present guarantee getting elected? If he was exiled, why would he be elected to anything? To me it comes off as stupid anime logic that doesn't seem to make sense. I also like how Tekkadan had a fight outside with Gjallarhorn and are allowed to be the prime minister's defense force. Why would the Parliament agree to any of this? Seems very self-serving to the plot.

Why did the Parliament take Kudelina’s speech at face value about Gjallarhorn’s corruption or anything really? What is she to the Earth anyway? I read somewhere that she had connections on Earth, but I don’t remember what those were. Why would the plurality of the Parliament listen to one speech and agree to cease their control of Mars?
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote