AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 25 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 24 47.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.96%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-28, 01:33   Link #121
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Can someone explain this to me. If Makanai is an exile in Oceania, why would him getting physically to Edmonton get him elected as prime minister of Arbrau? Why would him being physically present guarantee getting elected? If he was exiled, why would he be elected to anything? To me it comes off as stupid anime logic that doesn't seem to make sense. I also like how Tekkadan had a fight outside with Gjallarhorn and are allowed to be the prime minister's defense force. Why would the Parliament agree to any of this? Seems very self-serving to the plot.

Why did the Parliament take Kudelina’s speech at face value about Gjallarhorn’s corruption or anything really? What is she to the Earth anyway? I read somewhere that she had connections on Earth, but I don’t remember what those were. Why would the plurality of the Parliament listen to one speech and agree to cease their control of Mars?
Re: Makanai

Maybe it is not in the classic sense of exile. Maybe he was sent there by his opponents in the Parliament, with the threat of killing him should he leave the island (but in the public's eye, he is in a self exile).

That's why Gjallerhorn attacked the island with one of their intent being the capture or death of Makanai. Otherwise, if he was really exiled, then he shouldn't even be entertained by the Parliament.

That's the best reason that I have for all of that. Did that make any sense?

Now as to why he must be there physically, maybe that shows his intent to run for Parliament?

Re: Kudelia

If Makanai is as influential as he is made to be, then being endorsed by him would give credence to Kudelia's statements.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 01:43   Link #122
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post

Maybe it is not in the classic sense of exile. Maybe he was sent there by his opponents in the Parliament, with the threat of killing him should he leave the island (but in the public's eye, he is in a self exile).

That's why Gjallerhorn attacked the island with one of their intent being the capture or death of Makanai. Otherwise, if he was really exiled, then he shouldn't even be entertained by the Parliament.

Now as to why he must be there physically, maybe that shows his intent to run for Parliament?

If Makanai is as influential as he is made to be, then being endorsed by him would give credence to Kudelia's statements.
Thanks. I wish they would have shown just how influential he was instead it just being inferred. It seems to come off as a Deus Ex Machina. I wish Kudelia's journey and wish for Martian Independence had more to it than the word of a convenient plot device character.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 01:59   Link #123
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Thanks. I wish they would have shown just how influential he was instead it just being inferred. It seems to come off as a Deus Ex Machina. I wish Kudelia's journey and wish for Martian Independence had more to it than the word of a convenient plot device character.
Maybe season 2 would show more of Makanai's influence? You can see at the moment that he entered the Parliament that he is a well known person at the very least. Plus being an ex-head of the Parliament would really entail some influence, which can be seen by him having a lot of supporters even if he was out of office for some time already.

His influence was also a crucial cog in Kudelia's plan in getting to Edmonton. Said influence was also important in keeping Gjallerhorn out of that island where Tekkadan landed. It was only because Carta (and her family) was more influential / powerful than him that it enabled Gjallerhorn to attack the island.

I think his influence was shown in many instances, though like you've said, most of them were just inferred or were not given much spotlight. I don't think there was a particular scene where the audience would have went "hey, this guy is REALLY influential", but I think the series gave us a lot of small hints at his influence.
Old 2016-03-28, 02:00   Link #124
Knight_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
It was a good idea that was gone the moment they had Jesus Yamato 2.0 piloting said "mook suit", it might as well had been a martian suit or a gundam.

If season 2 keeps Mika as the mc and he is still handicapped unless he is connected to Barbatos it will be a better continuation than A.Z s2 and their perfect healing technology.
Mika will still be the mc of s2. A new barbatos form has been teased in the end.

What this all with hoping gaelio is alive??? Why some members here hard to accept the fact the guy had gone? Just like those who believe carta is still alive after ep 23 it seems until sunrise confirmed itself she has gone.
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 02:17   Link #125
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Spoiler for Guison:

Looked everywhere for a good image of that, and finally found one.

So the Rebake is holding a sword on one hand, and a decapitated hand/arm on another? (Not to mention that all four of his arms are out).

Yep, Akihiro and the Rebake really came out looking strong after that fight.
Old 2016-03-28, 03:03   Link #126
FerrusManus

Quote:
Spoiler for Guison:

Looked everywhere for a good image of that, and finally found one.

So the Rebake is holding a sword on one hand, and a decapitated hand/arm on another? (Not to mention that all four of his arms are out).

Yep, Akihiro and the Rebake really came out looking strong after that fight.
It looks like he used the Gusion Chopper from the MS Option set (its stuck in the Graze right of the Gusion).

And the sword is clearly from a Graze Ground Type. I guess enough of these were lying around on the Battlefield.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 03:54   Link #127
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

So we saw Mika's eye look like this:
Spoiler for Mika:

And while it did also remind me of A/Z (as some of you also did), this is actually the first thing that I remembered:

Spoiler for Eye:

Old 2016-03-28, 05:39   Link #128
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Mikazuki Augus sure has what it takes to send Ein Dalton to the afterlife and reunite with Lt. Crank Zent, just by sacrificing his right arm and eye. I wonder if he'll become a cyborg in the second half?

Well, it's Mission Accomplished for Tekkadan but it seems that it won't be over once they returned to Mars. I have a feeling that the planet got a even harsher environment than before.

As for McGills, seems that there's more than just reforming Gjallarhorn... Also, glad that Azee, Lafter, and Shino were alive instead of getting killed back in Ep. 24!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 06:19   Link #129
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Why?

I mean, that was my instant reaction upon hearing that line from Mika. Why (and how) does he regain full functionality when plugged into Barbatos?
Well if he gains functionality while plugged in, then he can regain it thru rehab.It means that a pathway is still open for impulses to reach his muscles from his brain, prob his pseudobrain. His pseudobrain is taking over from where the damaged part stopped working.

This is prob like putting a stroke patient thru rehab.

If they can create a Robo-Ein, then they should be able to do rehab utilizing the A-V system.
Old 2016-03-28, 09:35   Link #130
Irenesharda

Quote:
Why?

I mean, that was my instant reaction upon hearing that line from Mika. Why (and how) does he regain full functionality when plugged into Barbatos?
Like orion has suggested, it's probably similar to when someone has a stroke and the lose some functionality on one side of their body. The nerves in his arms and to his eye are shot. However, considering the way the AV system works by sending nanites into the body through the central nervous system, It's possible that the AV signal can send the signals and breach the damaged nerve gaps in his arm and eye. I'm not sure if it's that only Barbatos' AV system that can allow him functionality, or if it's any AV system. If its ANY AV system, then he would be able to function pretty similarly to how he always has before at least for work purposes.

As for any kind of rehab, I don't know if they have anything like that on Mars, and they aren't going to stay long enough for that on Earth. Also, the issue is that Mika seems to not really care one way or the other. To him, as long as he's still useful to Orga and Tekkadan, he's fine with it. It reminds me back to when he and Orga talked and he stated that he wanted to stay useful so that Orga wouldn't abandon him. I think that fear is still there, despite Orga's reassurances, and that might not allow Mika to even think about staying out of the game long enough for rehab. At least not unless Orga ordered it.

Quote:
Can someone explain this to me. If Makanai is an exile in Oceania, why would him getting physically to Edmonton get him elected as prime minister of Arbrau? Why would him being physically present guarantee getting elected? If he was exiled, why would he be elected to anything? To me it comes off as stupid anime logic that doesn't seem to make sense. I also like how Tekkadan had a fight outside with Gjallarhorn and are allowed to be the prime minister's defense force. Why would the Parliament agree to any of this? Seems very self-serving to the plot.

Why did the Parliament take Kudelina’s speech at face value about Gjallarhorn’s corruption or anything really? What is she to the Earth anyway? I read somewhere that she had connections on Earth, but I don’t remember what those were. Why would the plurality of the Parliament listen to one speech and agree to cease their control of Mars?
I don't think it was "exiled" at least in the official capacity. If I remember correctly, it was that Makanai was being accused of some scandals and there was the threat of investigation, so just like Iznario had to do, he kind of went into a sort of self-imposed exile.

However, remember McGillis' explaination of how the fight in the city and Makanai's arrival would spur the idea of Gjallerhorn's corruption? With all that going on, it was obvious at that point that Gjallerhorn was interfering. So, when Makanai arrived, it became obvious that Henri and Iznario were responsible for his supposed scandals which nobody probably believed anyway. Also, with Makanai's support as well as the very real evidence outside, it wasn't that hard to take Kudelia at face value either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
What this all with hoping gaelio is alive??? Why some members here hard to accept the fact the guy had gone? Just like those who believe carta is still alive after ep 23 it seems until sunrise confirmed itself she has gone.
If Gaelio was a smarter, stronger character, than I might think it. However, he's actually a very weak person both mentally and physically. We all feel sorry for him, but in truth, his blase attitude kind of led to his own demise. We can see by the way he lived his life that he wasn't very big on duty and responsibilities, he trusted everyone else to make choices for him, and he left almost all of the decision-making to McGillis really. I noticed that even back when he was first introduced.
If you compare all the MS pilots we've seen thus far, Gaelio was one of the worst. He's never been close to actually beating Mika, and McGillis litterally picked him apart on that battlefeild. The problem is that while McGillis knows pretty much everything about Gaelio, Gaelio really knows very little about McGillis. He only knows what McGillis ALLOWED him to see. Because of this, I don't think Gaelio could every really beat McGillis even if he did come back to get revenge.

No, the one I'm thinking that is one to look out for, might just been Iznario himself. He's proven to be pretty crafty himself and he's plenty pissed off at his adopted son. A that was a clear threat to him at the end when he warned him that if he forgot how Iznario took him out from despair, that that despair would come back to get him.
Also, any villian voiced by Sho Hayami is one to look out for.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 09:46   Link #131
Router25
World Connector. I think

Quote:
Spoiler for Guison:
Either Rebake tore somegraze's arm or he did a Shiro 08th MS team move judging by how his left upper arm is missing
Old 2016-03-28, 09:54   Link #132
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
Either Rebake tore somegraze's arm or he did a Shiro 08th MS team move judging by how his left upper arm is missing
It looks like some poor Graze got beat with its own arm, the coloring is different from Rebakes' own arm.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 10:05   Link #133
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:

to answer the Kuedelia part.
The explosion, fighting and Mobile suit outside the parliament will change the way ppl think and belive.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 10:05   Link #134
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Since the first season's already ended, shouldn't we make a thread to discuss everyone's opinion on the show so far?
Old 2016-03-28, 10:10   Link #135
Knight_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
If Gaelio was a smarter, stronger character, than I might think it. However, he's actually a very weak person both mentally and physically. We all feel sorry for him, but in truth, his blase attitude kind of led to his own demise. We can see by the way he lived his life that he wasn't very big on duty and responsibilities, he trusted everyone else to make choices for him, and he left almost all of the decision-making to McGillis really. I noticed that even back when he was first introduced.
If you compare all the MS pilots we've seen thus far, Gaelio was one of the worst. He's never been close to actually beating Mika, and McGillis litterally picked him apart on that battlefeild. The problem is that while McGillis knows pretty much everything about Gaelio, Gaelio really knows very little about McGillis. He only knows what McGillis ALLOWED him to see. Because of this, I don't think Gaelio could every really beat McGillis even if he did come back to get revenge.

No, the one I'm thinking that is one to look out for, might just been Iznario himself. He's proven to be pretty crafty himself and he's plenty pissed off at his adopted son. A that was a clear threat to him at the end when he warned him that if he forgot how Iznario took him out from despair, that that despair would come back to get him.
Also, any villian voiced by Sho Hayami is one to look out for.
We all had seen this sort outcome to him since the beginning he make an appearance because of his similar appearance to Garma. well, i'm also feel sorry for his character but nothing can change his fate to be garma-ed in the end by the char clone. The probability of him alive is 0 i think. We might see McGillis inherited the kimaris in season 2 painted in his own color as a momento for Gaelio.
Gaelio only had 1 chance beating Mika during Kimaris debut, but yeah only that moment before mika outsmart him during the next encounter.
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 10:12   Link #136
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't think the time skip is going to be that long, not unless they want to replace the entire cast except maybe Ride and Takaki. The entire story of IBO hinges on the idea of child soldiers going and fighting against all odds. If we wait till Cookie, Cracker, or even Almiria are old enough to serve as pilots, especially in Gjallerhorn, Orga, Mika, Eugene, Akihiro and all the others will all be adults at this point and might even have families of their own. The series would lose the whole child soldier angle, which would take away from the entire tone the series was based on.

And I'm not sure I want to spend half the next season being introduced and settled into a whole new cast, especially when there is so much to still explore with this one.
you make a good point that would't make sense if they were not kids most like just a one year time skip
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 11:31   Link #137
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Man, traveling during Easter holiday is surely fun, but also have some negatives like me not being able to watch IBO on time coz the net connection sux during the travel and I can only post comments in the forum. But now that I’ve seen the “final” episode, I’m definitely giving this season a score of 8 to 9/10. Certainly a good and above-average Gundam series.

I’m not gonna parrot things that already been said but I do want to give some notes (some of it might’ve already been addressed, but oh well...):
  • IBO played me like a fool, made me wrong about two deaths. Turns out Azee & Lafter were alive and after four days of recuperation, they’re pretty much fine even though Azee still has some bandages on her. Makes you wonder where the blood seen on Lafter’s cockpit came from considering she’s pretty much came out smooth from the drill-beatings. Good trolling IBO *slow clap*
  • Nice tactics from McGillis, not only because of all his smooth scheming behind the scenes but also how he effectively and efficiently dispatched Gaelio in his Gundam. He just applied the mental-shock strategy to shake Gaelio down to his core making his fighting more sloppy, rage-induced, non-focused and easy to read making it easier to kill him (even using his Gundam lance against him).
  • Gaelio has way more tragic death than Garma himself: 1) The girl Gaelio likes died being used as a pawn by the guy that she likes which also the very best-friend who betrayed him. 2) The subordinate that Gaelio fond of and respect is made into a scapegoat and a “mascot” of Gjallarhorn’s corruption granting him no honor and even branded as the devil or monster and hurting Gaelio’s own reputation. 3) McG gonna kill him so that he can get the power & authority of Bauduin family. 4) And the last straw that broke the camel’s back: McG saying that he’ll take care of Almiria. Dayum....that is just ice cold. Gaelio was already done at that point. What McG did by killing him is pretty much just “twisting the knife that’s already stuck in Gaelio’s back”. Gaelio has the worst combination of bad-luck from being both a Garma-clone and a lancer. Millenial generation who doesn’t know old Gundam tropes might think this scenario came from Urobuchi .
  • The old man Makanai turns out to be not that bad. When an old politician does not complain too much about inconveniences even after the jeep that he was on was flipped with him in it as he was risking his life too, you know there’s a legit and genuine fortitude in him to get the job done as a politician. If anything, he is certainly leagues better than his rival Henri who was always panicking and complaining. No wonder he’s the strongest candidate in the Arbrau election.
  • Now that Barbatos has “taken” Mika’s right eye and right arm, I can’t wait to see when Mika gives all of his body to Barbatos and transfer his consciousness to the AV-system, ditching his body and become the Gundam itself. His harem might not be amused, but at least Setsuna will approve .
  • Mika's left arm is safe due to Atra's charm. If so, then she should've made a charm-suit that protects Mika's body entirely
  • I half expected Mika or Orga to pay homage to Heero at the end of the episode by saying “Mission accomplished/completed”
  • I love Orga’s speech which amounts to: “Don’t die! You must survive even if you have to kill yourselves for it!! Those who failed and die, I’m gonna kill them myself!!!”. Somewhere during his hero-quest, Emiya Shirou is smiling after hearing Orga's blabbering :
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

EDIT:
And for those who wanted more side-by-side comparison between the Edmonton portrayed in this episode and the real one, you may check it out here.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2016-03-28 at 11:46.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 12:06   Link #138
MgMaster

After the deaths in Schwarzesmarken, I'm glad Sunrise had mercy on us. Azee, Lafter & Shino made it out alive, and Orga & Mika didn't bite the dust either. Seems they were content with Biscuit's death(R.I.P.).

Mika got a bit crippled I guess but it's a small price to pay.

I did feel bad for Galileo though, and wouldn't mind seeing McGillis get taken down a peg or two in the 2nd season.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 13:15   Link #139
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
Mika will still be the mc of s2. A new barbatos form has been teased in the end.
That doesn't really tell us anything, other than the Barbartos getting repaired/upgraded. I also noticed the Tekkadan symbol was a bit different, shaping more like a crown. Again, no indication to what that may mean. A tease is just that, unfortunately. The second season is just in the initial phases after all.
Old 2016-03-28, 17:22   Link #140
Nvis
Where are the good animes

McGillis seemed like a bad guy, but still a winner.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote