AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-19, 20:07   Link #2961
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Started Playing SN:Twin Age in DSi. I find it easier to play this with two stylus.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 14:05   Link #2962
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Currently playing InFAMOUS, it's lots of fun and would be SO MUCH BETTER if not for the stupid hallucinations. That, and the characters...Cole's taking shit from everyone, particularly from Trish :S
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 20:54   Link #2963
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Started on Alan Wake on PC, it is really good. Now I just need to wait for my new screen, because it needs a powerful gpu, and frankly mid-level mobile gpu doesn't work very well.
Playing this as well, and I'm quite enjoying it thus far (aside from a few minor issues). The game itself looks very nice graphically.
Old 2012-02-21, 12:24   Link #2964
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Finally finished(?) the main story(?) of "Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny" aka "Rune Factory Oceans". It only took me...*checks playtime*...almost 60hours?! Wow, I guess the game was a little more addicting then I thought it'd be, I put more time into it the Disgaea 3 and Star Ocean 4.

Though I found parts of the game to be fairly annoying and tedious, especially when it came to collecting ingredients and raising your character's skill level for item creation. Ironically not a lot of farming work is required in this game although the "Rune Factory" series is a fantasy spin-off of the "Harvest Moon" series.

...and as if that wasnt enough they still make you do some work after the credits, the main focus being to get the heroin's spirit back into her body...which you have to do by raising the affection level of the 12 characters (9 female, 3 male) that you can marry to the max level of 6, at that point of the game, THEN you can finally attempt to marry. Yeah, that makes sense, they finally let you choose between the male and female character AFTER you finish the main story.

*goes back to playing*

Now I just have to figure out how to get married in this version of the game and probably play another year in-game afterwards until my wife "mysteriously" gets pregnant. Hey, its an "E"(or "A" in Japan) age group rated game.
Old 2012-02-22, 14:25   Link #2965
Dextro
He Without a Title

Since this week I got a couple of days of from college and managed to keep my workload light I got around to finishing up my first playthroughs of Sonic Generations and Persona 4, the latter with just over 65 hours on the clock. Now I'm thinking of picking up Persona 3 and finishing that up at last before picking up 4 again to do all the social links.
Old 2012-02-22, 14:43   Link #2966
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Now replaying The Legend of Groose: Skyward Pompadour. :V
Old 2012-02-22, 15:47   Link #2967
Chase

Was playing Battle Fantasia today and i could think when i was done was "DAMN YOU DEATHBRINGER!!!!!!"
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 23:05   Link #2968
FrequentGamer
Nocturnal

made it to lvl 9000 with plenair in disgaea 2, hels yaa!!
still lost in final fantasy I.
Old 2012-02-22, 23:56   Link #2969
Sagi

currently playing asura's wrath, it feels like if i was watching dragon ball z. I'm in chapter 16 so for its good.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 01:57   Link #2970
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
still lost in final fantasy I.
Where did you get lost at?
Old 2012-02-23, 04:45   Link #2971
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Playing MGS HD Collection on PS3. Namely Peace Walker.

Damn, I loved it on PSP and it's at least ten times better on PS3. Finished the campaign, currently I'm grinding AI missions to assemble parts for Zeke and also grinding base defense missions to up attack power of my standard weapons for VS.

Played a game of VS last night and I was trying to use the M16A1 Rank 3 but I only had level one so it wasn't as powerful as I would have liked but it was pretty fun. I snuck up on a couple of people and NEARLY fulton recovered one player but I got shot by someone else again.

Seems among the veterans that the AMD-65 is the optimum assault rifle. Was going down after only a couple of hits.

And my heroism is finally getting back up there, in the PSP version I had forty thousand something and in the PS3 version I'm nearly at twenty thousand. But unlike the PSP version I reckon the Recruit requirements for high level volunteers has been reduced. I did two MSF Entrace Exams - only fought one bloke at a time - and I got two level A soldiers. One of which was a woman!

And I need to develop some better weapons. All my troops in Outer Ops seem to only only the Thompson M1928A1 as their assault rifle. I enjoy the Thompson but damn I thought the FAL would have been a better choice for them.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 00:24   Link #2972
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and i got to say i love this game, even though the character creation isn't the most extensive out there it satisfy most needs (finally i was able to make a character as i wanted out of the box without moding), i love the attention given to detail and animation as well, regarding the PC animations this game is one of the best WRPG's, combat is great seems i will have something to look forward to as an archer i think, goes great with my Xbox360 pad as well, i also love how vivid the world is compared to other WRPG's.

Spoiler for Character::
Old 2012-02-27, 00:44   Link #2973
Vena
Carpe Diem

Pokemon Black <-> Gallade & Gardevoir Run!

Its very hard... but, considering the fact that Gallade can fight just about any enemy type and is only weak to a couple of things (one of which Gardevoir is not weak too), helps quite a bit. The hardest thing is getting past the rather helpless Raltz stage and clawing your way through the Kirlia stage for Gardevoir. (Dawn Stone Kirlia to Gallade immediately.)

I've done this since the release of Gallade in Gen IV, but its been getting harder and harder. Its quite a challenge to cover every single element with Gallade come the Elite Four and Champ. (And yes, most fights are one-hit kills for Gallade... or bust.)

I've been considering adding in the Iron Giant to my team for future games because I just love that golem... useless as he may be for competitive play.
Old 2012-02-27, 06:13   Link #2974
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Still playing Peace Walker.

Just S-Ranked all the main missions all Extra Ops up to 86 are all S-Ranked with the odd one above that also S-Ranked. Most of them had been played through with lethal force just to advance the mission count.

Favourite weapon now is the SUG (AUG). It has the perfect rate of fire for controlled automatic fire with low recoil and pretty decent accuracy. Used it a few times in VS and I win most long range engagements with it.

At close range it'll lose out to most weapons but the lucky headshot usually turns the tide in my favour.

Again really enjoying this game.

Old 2012-02-27, 11:44   Link #2975
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Try S-ranking REX, it seems to be a pretty tough one. Ironically enough, I only ever beat it after playing MHFU for a few days
Old 2012-02-27, 15:53   Link #2976
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Haven't quite unlocked the Monster Hunts yet. Still need to do the AI Custom Weapon battles. Urgh...

I have to say though the worst missions are those against helicopters. I keep getting spotted over and over again. I'm going to have to watch some youtube videos I think.

Old 2012-02-27, 16:00   Link #2977
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I always found Peacewalker more akin to the Tenchu series...that being said, my favourite weapon was the smoke grenade. It takes a LOT of effort to be spotted while in smoke, unless you're making too much noise (black smoke+NVG helps track enemies down too), and iirc the MG3 has enough penetration and power to bring down choppers, in case you don't like launchers. The only mission you can't use this is against the A.I.s, since they got laser sight and everything...and chaffs don't work on all ranks

As for me, dug up (literally) some 20-odd PS2 games, haven't decided what to start yet
Old 2012-02-28, 02:05   Link #2978
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Since Vita is out I got a PSP from someone dirt cheap. So I have been playing:
- Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 (Finally)
- Final Fantasy Tactics Lions War
- Riviera: The Promised Land
- Fate Unlimited Codes
- Yggdra Union

Dissidia is getting the primary focus as I have been dying to play Ultimecia.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 08:43   Link #2979
Nihokon

...I'm playing Lunar Silver Star Harmony. Again.
Old 2012-02-28, 12:28   Link #2980
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Finished Legend of heroes: trails in the sky on my PSP, can't believe that ending! Waitiing for the sequel to come out <_<

Can't get back to MHFU, 230 hours of solo gameplay are a bit more than I'd like to devote to a game. Got as far as HR6 and to the middle of the Nekoht quests...

Picked up FFII, it's exactly like FFXII in that long dungeons can be loooooong!