AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-09, 00:11   Link #2421
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 01:12   Link #2422
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep6:
This got me thinking perhaps that this might indeed be a biological virus/ infection of some sort.
Mind you that Hisashi was bitten on the arm. If this infection's purpose is to control major nerve center (the brain) to induce movement and an desire to consume then being bitten in any major artery of the blood vessel(such as the carotid artery on the neck) would certainly increase the rate of infection since those artery connects directly to the heart and brain spreading the infection faster all over the body. Thats just my shitty take on the zombie infection.

Now to go and enjoy this fan service episode.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 01:38   Link #2423
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Action 30%
Comedy 20%
Drama 10%
Ecchi 40%
Horror 10%

Did I got the analogy of this series right?
It's more like 70% horror and drama that go hand in hand, action 20%, and the redundancy is about 5-10% in the form of pantsu peekabu, and boing sound effect. I have absolutely no idea why this show is considered ecchi other than few flashes here and there. I would consider Queens Blade or that other show about the breast milk (whose name I can't remember at the moment), or Sekirei ecchi. The least talked about by the fans of this show are the whole crumbling of society which is being portrayed pretty well considering the medium. The kind of attention from the fans, however, it gets in terms of the almost non-existant ecchiness puts a dent or a question mark to the viability of sustained discussion in a prolific manner. For example, there was a good discussion going on about how the leadership comes into place in a crisis and who people will follow.... and then it was stifled and sidetracked by other stuff....

Yeah.

Last edited by monir; 2010-08-09 at 01:49.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 01:44   Link #2424
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
On the social side of HotD, I would say that the military and law enforcing forces have done a better job in HotD than how they are usually portrayed in other media of the zombie genre. The big question will be how long.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 01:50   Link #2425
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I am currently baffled as to how to make a blog post on this as all, and I mean ALL, of the good shots in this episode might be considered a ToS breach.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 01:54   Link #2426
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
On the social side of HotD, I would say that the military and law enforcing forces have done a better job in HotD than how they are usually portrayed in other media of the zombie genre. The big question will be how long.
It's also doing a good job about the psychological portrayal to highlight certain individual in certain situtation. Of course, there is exaggeration at times and places, but considering the zombie apocalypse scenario, exaggeration is hard to avoid.
Old 2010-08-09, 02:02   Link #2427
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It's also doing a good job about the psychological portrayal to highlight certain individual in certain situtation. Of course, there is exaggeration at times and places, but considering the zombie apocalypse scenario, exaggeration is hard to avoid.
It's hard to consider this as a clear exaggeration when, as something like this has never happened before, we don't have a basis of comparison as to what a normal reaction is.
Old 2010-08-09, 02:07   Link #2428
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I can think of a few examples, the tragedy doesn't have to be specific because it's a zombie apocalypse. (I think that made sense...) There have been social breakdowns before, the only difference is that this is on a worldwide scale.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 02:11   Link #2429
Unknown Soldier
:D

Episode 6: Well, the fanservice was enjoyable I guess. I had forgotten that they don't SPOILER SPOILER until chapter 7 of the manga, so the action and excitement I was expecting never came.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 02:11   Link #2430
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It's hard to consider this as a clear exaggeration when, as something like this has never happened before, we don't have a basis of comparison as to what a normal reaction is.
That's a solid point! At the same time, I think we can make some comparison from some of the worst disaster man made or nature from our own history, i.e (Man made: war, epidemics; Nature: Aftermath of earthquake, flood, etc. ). It all about coping and making adjustment according to the situation and circumstances, right? I liked one comment in episode 5 near the end where it goes something along the line of "its amazing how we are not running away from it anymore. Rather, they are actively engaging in the struggle for survival."
Old 2010-08-09, 02:30   Link #2431
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seikon no Qwaser the milk sucking anime. Echhi and sex is always part of the zombie genre.

Ep.6 has it fanservice moments, but it's balance through out the downfall of society in interchanging sequences of our heroes to the zombie infested city in shambles and pointers on guns. Also there is that smoke blur and black censor again for the nipples and panties.......But no steam! It's bubbles that censor most "PARTS".

Freddy Kruger reference here in the bathtub with those yummy legs of Shizuka.

Spoiler for Ep.6:

Well it's all up to the image guys now for the ecchi gifs.
Old 2010-08-09, 02:39   Link #2432
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Seikon no Qwaser the milk sucking anime. Echhi and sex is always part of the zombie genre.

Ep.6 has it fanservice moments, but it's balance through out the downfall of society in interchanging sequences of our heroes to the zombie infested city in shambles and pointers on guns. Also there is that smoke blur and black censor again for the nipples and panties.......But no steam! It's bubbles that censor most "PARTS".

Freddy Kruger reference here in the bathtub with those yummy legs of Shizuka.

Spoiler for Ep.6:

Well it's all up to the image guys now for the ecchi gifs.
Will jpegs suffice?

Spoiler for NSFW, yet the most SFW I could get!:

Spoiler for BEST SCENE OF THE EPISODE!:

A Brief Shot of Heaven

In the midst of the still ongoing chaos we see scenes of even pseudoscientific nutcase protests occurring with people protesting the “cruel treatment” of the infected. Clearly these people haven’t seen first hand the horrors of the walking undead. It comes to the point that, now without other recourse, the police are now forced to take extreme measures to protect everyone they realistically can, even if it means pointing their guns on the living. The nutcase protesters get a first hand look at the insanity of it all, as well as what the police will do to anyone who’s insane actions would jeopardize the safety of everyone else.
Old 2010-08-09, 02:42   Link #2433
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It's more like 70% horror and drama that go hand in hand, action 20%, and the redundancy is about 5-10% in the form of pantsu peekabu, and boing sound effect. I have absolutely no idea why this show is considered ecchi other than few flashes here and there. I would consider Queens Blade or that other show about the breast milk (whose name I can't remember at the moment), or Sekirei ecchi. The least talked about by the fans of this show are the whole crumbling of society which is being portrayed pretty well considering the medium. The kind of attention from the fans, however, it gets in terms of the almost non-existant ecchiness puts a dent or a question mark to the viability of sustained discussion in a prolific manner. For example, there was a good discussion going on about how the leadership comes into place in a crisis and who people will follow.... and then it was stifled and sidetracked by other stuff....

Yeah.
You are joking, right? Fan service is a major focal point and all "crumbling of society" stuff is just minor sidelines. And it's not scary at all.

Looks to me like once more people will look at a vague idea and consider it great because there are boobs and gore. It's Elfen Lied all over again.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 02:47   Link #2434
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

DAMN STRAIT!!!

Jpegs for now. Gifs Later.

Wishing someone would edit the full body of Saeko in that apron. Also there are alot of crotch images here. Takagi getting the "cold shower" was one.
Old 2010-08-09, 02:48   Link #2435
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
You are joking, right? Fan service is a major focal point and all "crumbling of society" stuff is just minor sidelines. And it's not scary at all.

Looks to me like once more people will look at a vague idea and consider it great because there are boobs and gore. It's Elfen Lied all over again.
Just like how John Carpenter's movies were considered to be just B-movies, am I right?

Look at this that way, the social dimension IS here. It may be not framed in pink neon light sign, it is not heavy handed and spoonfed, but it exist and should NOT be downplayed just to give your critics more weight.
Old 2010-08-09, 02:59   Link #2436
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The good point here there is the city pov where chaos is and our main characters pov on surviving.

Gotta wonder though what OVA's they're gonna cook up for HOTD.
Old 2010-08-09, 03:04   Link #2437
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
DAMN STRAIT!!!

Jpegs for now. Gifs Later.

Wishing someone would edit the full body of Saeko in that apron. Also there are alot of crotch images here. Takagi getting the "cold shower" was one.
I actually have a bunch more but I'll be damned if I get banned for posting them.

Ugh fine here's a bunch more.

Spoiler for NSFW. Really.:

Props to whoever drew Saya's you know what.
Old 2010-08-09, 03:11   Link #2438
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Saeko-san....banzai...

And damn Shizuka, first chance she gets, she starts molesting younger guys. So many temptations - I have to hand it to Takashi - such a lucky s.o.b.
Old 2010-08-09, 03:14   Link #2439
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
The good point here there is the city pov where chaos is and our main characters pov on surviving.

Gotta wonder though what OVA's they're gonna cook up for HOTD.
Moreover they don't feel forced or thrown in at the last second as afterthought. This is usually what I appreciated in my favorite b-movies, where beneath the action and fanservice (be it babes or guns), you have a underlying dimension that unveils after a second or even third or fourth watch, and makes you give the work a greater respect.
Old 2010-08-09, 03:14   Link #2440
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Spoiler for nsfw:
Bet this will be all the way in the DVD/Blu-ray version.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse