2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-16, 22:21   Link #61
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I remembered wrong. Gundam 00P specifically states that there are only five GN Drives (even though 10 Gundams were planned), but perhaps they completed more afterwards.
yeah, they'd have the first generation one used in the O gundam and then the 4 second generation ones for the GNY series (you can actually look at the backs of the GNYs and see that they all have the same 3 pronged thruster design, just like the 4 third generation engines the GNs use in the show proper have matching designs)

well, if there really are 10, that leaves 1 (2 kinda) unaccounted for. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 22:24   Link #62
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
yeah, they'd have the first generation one used in the O gundam and then the 4 second generation ones for the GNY series (you can actually look at the backs of the GNYs and see that they all have the same 3 pronged thruster design, just like the 4 third generation ones the GNs use in the show proper have matching engine designs)
Makes sense. I guess I'm just hung up on the line "There are ten second-generation Gundam units planned, but there are only five GN Drive units."

IMO that line implies that there are ways to power the planned Gundams, other than using the GN Drives.

Though I guess a Gundam isn't a Gundam without a GN Drive.
Old 2007-12-17, 01:34   Link #63
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I remembered wrong. Gundam 00P specifically states that there are only five GN Drives (even though 10 Gundams were planned), but perhaps they completed more afterwards.

LoweGear, where is your info coming from?
Exactly. Gundam 00P occurs 15 years before the events of 00, in which case that line was uttered when the 3rd Gen Gundams didn't even exist. By the time 00 and 00F roll around, it's apparent that the line in question is obsolete due to the presence of the 3rd Gen CB Gundams alongside Fereshte's 2nd Gen ones, which would make for 8 GN Drives overall.

Although I admit, I think I remembered that line in the wrong manner as well, which I intepreted as CB and Fereshte having 10 GN Drives in total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightman
As seen in the above post, neither the Sadalssud nor the Plutone have the cones on their backs. Dynames's green orb IS visible, just mostly covered. There doesn't seem to be ANYTHING on Plutone (I guess there's SOMETHING hidden on Sadalsuud though).

I've only skimmed through the first chapter of Gundam 00F though, so perhaps I missed something there.
Are you sure?

Notice that Sadalsuud and Plutone have round plateaus on their back, with three spikes sticking out, just like the Astraea, and we know the latter has a GN Drive.

Spoiler for Gundam Astraea:

And Sadalsuud's green orb is also visible, just heavily covered. I've marked the following image with the items in question.

Spoiler for Sadalsuud:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 07:24   Link #64
X207
Gamyūsa

wats with tiera's red eyes in ep 11?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 10:39   Link #65
JediNight
キズランダム

We don't know exactly yet. It seems to be related to interfacing with Veda however.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 13:14   Link #66
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com

Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo
Now a Gundam pilot is forced to kill thousands of innocent children. Is 00 darker than Z yet?
Old 2007-12-17, 13:23   Link #67
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

No not really because we didn't see the little children blow up--just a big building.
Old 2007-12-17, 17:30   Link #68
Kurumin

Found screenshots here:
http://www.celestialbeing.net/index....ery&sec=00ep11

Subs are very late... where are they!?
Kurumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 17:55   Link #69
Terra

Give them chance. It is a talky ep this week, unlike last weeks which was a lot more action. More talk slows things down as there's more to translate.
Old 2007-12-17, 20:25   Link #70
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeabundo View Post
Now a Gundam pilot is forced to kill thousands of innocent children. Is 00 darker than Z yet?
No way...I've said this a million times, here's a million an one...Presentation is the factor to consider...Zeta is presented far colder in almost every element, while 00 ebbs and flows with super-intense to super-light and playful at times...Zeta only rarely had moments of laid-back glee (Usually just Fah and the kids to provide whatever comic-relief)...I have to admit though Hallah torturing that soldier last ep goes right into the hierarchy of most violent death scenes in Gundam IMO...But overall not close to being darker than Zeta...

Wow still no ep out ...I swear if there was one chick in a schoolgirl outfit they'd be 10 groups speed-subbing this thing :/...Well the raw seemed to start a little slow then just progressed and looked damn good to me...Again something has to be said for the animation at times in the series...I mean really crisp, the HD HQ, especially the scenes with Kyrios near the end...Dark elegance was definatley on display...Can't wait to see the sub and figure out what the hell was going on with Hallah and Allah...Kinda reminds me of Nikki-Jessica from the TV show "Heroes"...Anyways this ep atleast looked really awesome to me, lets hope the dialog is as engaging as the animation...

BTW some damn good avatar material for Kyrios fans like myself this week^^...
Old 2007-12-17, 20:36   Link #71
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm interested to see where they are going with Saji and Louise. Obviously something has to happen to make Saji feel a closer connection to Louise. His last name being "Crossroad" makes me think it has to do with his character questioning and talking about how the planet/society is at a new "crossroads" with CB forcing social and economic change.
Old 2007-12-17, 20:44   Link #72
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

Wow still no ep out ...I swear if there was one chick in a schoolgirl outfit they'd be 10 groups speed-subbing this thing :/
That's too bad i'nt (And it's kind of sad because deep down I know it's damn well true)......maybe if Louise were to get dressed up, just maybe..........

Lucky for me I have other sources........

I have to agree on the animation as well. So rare is it I see another person chime in on the animation quality in a series this season that isn't Clannad. I guess after Gundam Seed Destiny and it's seemingly constant stream of uninspired and recycled footage that people are still getting used to the way Gundam 00 is handling things. Very fluid, consistant and creative is how I'd describe this series' animation.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 20:56   Link #73
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurumin View Post
Found screenshots here:

Exams maybe? If they are in university.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 21:02   Link #74
Katsumara
The cake eater.

I watched the RAW and did enjoy it. Also, the pictures of the Exia Avalanche was pretty cool
Old 2007-12-17, 21:09   Link #75
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurumin View Post
Found screenshots here:

There's this thing called RL, you know.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 21:19   Link #76
JediNight
キズランダム

About the Exia Avalanche:

Why is it in Gundam, more powerful = slap more stupid crap onto the frame?
Old 2007-12-17, 21:31   Link #77
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Because in space, weight has next to no meaning while on Earth I highly doubt they'd use that as it'd probably be too slow to do anything.
Old 2007-12-17, 23:09   Link #78
JediNight
キズランダム

Everything still has mass, so you would still be unable to dodge as easily.
Old 2007-12-17, 23:09   Link #79
sANDEKERU

explosions in space are indeed purple D:
sANDEKERU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 23:42   Link #80
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

Wow still no ep out ...I swear if there was one chick in a schoolgirl outfit they'd be 10 groups speed-subbing this thing :/...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoshin_Sama
That's too bad i'nt (And it's kind of sad because deep down I know it's damn well true)......maybe if Louise were to get dressed up, just maybe..........
Nah, i actually think that Gundam being such a familiar title would have a larger fanbase than any other show this season. There were relatively fast releases during the early eps but the uproar about translation errors made everybody shy in releasing too fast.