AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-03-30, 01:47   Link #3701
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
So you mean that Yui's goddess will get wings, halo and more power than Vulcan because of her explicit love for Keima?
I'm surprised that it hasn't happened already if Yui really has the Goddess...
Yui doesn't have a goddess. She's just attracted to Keima because of her clouded capture memories and because she senses the meek, supposedly feminine side he picked up during said capture and knows she can dominate him because of it.

Likewise, neither does Shiori have a goddess. She only remembers more (including her feelings for Keima) than the others because her perfect memory at least partially overcame the New Devil rewrite.

And at most, only one of Chihiro and Ayumi has a goddess (maybe neither). They've both been teased at having feelings for Keima so much for so long that it would be too obvious for both to be due to goddess influence.

Keep in mind that with Vulcanus in the bag, so to speak, we've got half the goddesses. Assuming that's enough to save Kanon next chapter, there is no longer any driving force to immediately find the rest, and Vulcanus is clearly going to make it difficult...
Old 2011-03-30, 18:20   Link #3702
blade82

yeah i also don't think that a goddess is still hidding in the other girls because Keima did raise the love jauge within the girls and just Vulcan gained more power from it so i think there is no other goddess at school
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 19:10   Link #3703
darkalpha

Actually, just because we haven't seen any signs of goddesses within the remaining candidates doesn't necessarily mean they don't have one in them. Keima has been juggling between five candidates, and we know about Tsukiyo having Vulcan inside her only because of the goddess' interference. Any potential goddess are likely still trying to avoid making their presence one way or another.

Despite having ability to manifest in Tenri physically for long time (as clear sign of having some of her powers returned), she didn't reveal herself until she felt the situation warranted no choice for her. It was the same for Vulcan within Tsukiyo; despite having ability to manifest physically and manipulate physical objects, she kept her inference to minimum until she felt that Keima posed a significant threat to her host's well-being (that is, emotionally).

So even if the remaining candidates have a goddess within them, just because we haven't seen any sign of goddess abilities from them does not necessarily mean there's none inside them. They're still in hiding, because they're extremely distrustful and don't know whom to entrust the truth (and their lives) to.

Also regarding the wings issue, I suspect that given how elements have played out in TWGOK so far, there are several "flags" that Keima must clear within goddesses in order to bring out their potential.

The first flag, obviously, was the host's awareness of the goddess, this enabling goddess to communicate via outside medium (Diana, Apollo, and Vulcan did this).

Second flag is that the host must have a strong feelings for Keima, and this enables the goddess to manifest in the host's body. Tenma already expressed her desire to protect Keima back then in that cave, while it took Kanon's confession for Apollo to do this. In Tsukiyo's case, her memory of Keima saving her from falling had the strongest impact on her feelings (Keima declaring that he would risk his life to protect Tsukiyo during Vulcan's capture scene had a big impact on her) and was likely strong enough to trip the flag.

However, the next flag probably requires the host to act upon that feeling, and that likely unlocks the next 'tier' of goddess' power. So far Tsukiyo was the only one to have done that, by kissing on Keima's cheek. Tenri's too shy to act upon her feelings, and Apollo prevented Kanon from continuing past the confession stage out of her concern of getting a human involved. (In fact, I'd bet that Kanon only just needs a small nudge from Keima and Apollo'd sprout wings in an instant.)

I'm guessing that there's probably one or two more flags before we could consider godesses having fully regained their abilities.
darkalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 20:18   Link #3704
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Well knowing Kanon's character (and maybe Apollo) she aint shy to express her affection for Keima so once she wakes up im sure she will be able to easily regain her strength (if she doesnt have to get through all her sisters first though ). Im actually anticipating such an event since its obvious Kanon will have to leave the other goddesses due to her job, so for her to recover her wings is a MUST.

As for the other remaining goddesses, darkalpha is right the other goddesses might not even have the ability to manifest themselves. The best case scenario for Keima could be encountering one of the girls talking to her goddess through a mirror or something. Thats how I think Keima will stumble upon his next target.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 20:36   Link #3705
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Well knowing Kanon's character (and maybe Apollo) she aint shy to express her affection for Keima so once she wakes up im sure she will be able to easily regain her strength (if she doesnt have to get through all her sisters first though ). Im actually anticipating such an event since its obvious Kanon will have to leave the other goddesses due to her job, so for her to recover her wings is a MUST.

As for the other remaining goddesses, darkalpha is right the other goddesses might not even have the ability to manifest themselves. The best case scenario for Keima could be encountering one of the girls talking to her goddess through a mirror or something. Thats how I think Keima will stumble upon his next target.
So you mean, if Yui has Mars, and the latter is telling the former to be more aggressive and that Keima sees it.....

I can't imagine what will happen next.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 23:14   Link #3706
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I like how the 3 Goddesses + vessel girl were all different

- Tenri/Diana both love Keima while Diana faked out on rooting for Tenri and making Keima responsible
- Apolo don't really care while Kanon hold an unrequited love
- Vulcan basically consider Keima as her possession for power

We really go from easy mode (capture girl) to normal mode (capture girl with some weird power) and as normal mode slowly reach hard level (capture girl who switched body with you), here is the very hard mode (capture girl with Goddess inside and you have to eight-timing them)...

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-03-30 at 23:25.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 00:09   Link #3707
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I like how the 3 Goddesses + vessel girl were all different

- Tenri/Diana both love Keima while Diana faked out on rooting for Tenri and making Keima responsible
- Apolo don't really care while Kanon hold an unrequited love
- Vulcan basically consider Keima as her possession for power

We really go from easy mode (capture girl) to normal mode (capture girl with some weird power) and as normal mode slowly reach hard level (capture girl who switched body with you), here is the very hard mode (capture girl with Goddess inside and you have to eight-timing them)...
So according to you, Keima's timetable will be :

Monday : Tenri / Diana
Tuesday : Kanon / Apollo
Wednesday : Tsukiyo / Vulcan
Thursday : Mars
Friday : Minerva
Saturday : Mercury
Sunday : Hakua

That sounds like a world which only god knows : surrounded by goddesses.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-03-31, 03:16   Link #3708
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalpha View Post
Also regarding the wings issue, I suspect that given how elements have played out in TWGOK so far, there are several "flags" that Keima must clear within goddesses in order to bring out their potential.

The first flag, obviously, was the host's awareness of the goddess, this enabling goddess to communicate via outside medium (Diana, Apollo, and Vulcan did this).

Second flag is that the host must have a strong feelings for Keima, and this enables the goddess to manifest in the host's body. Tenma already expressed her desire to protect Keima back then in that cave, while it took Kanon's confession for Apollo to do this. In Tsukiyo's case, her memory of Keima saving her from falling had the strongest impact on her feelings (Keima declaring that he would risk his life to protect Tsukiyo during Vulcan's capture scene had a big impact on her) and was likely strong enough to trip the flag.

However, the next flag probably requires the host to act upon that feeling, and that likely unlocks the next 'tier' of goddess' power. So far Tsukiyo was the only one to have done that, by kissing on Keima's cheek. Tenri's too shy to act upon her feelings, and Apollo prevented Kanon from continuing past the confession stage out of her concern of getting a human involved. (In fact, I'd bet that Kanon only just needs a small nudge from Keima and Apollo'd sprout wings in an instant.)

I'm guessing that there's probably one or two more flags before we could consider godesses having fully regained their abilities.
Tenma??? you mean Tenri right? you weren't thinking of School Rumble while you were typing up your reply were you? lol.

I'm still in the camp where at least one goddess isn't within the remaining candidates

1st we have Wiess/old demon levels, now we have goddess levels, I hope this doesn't end up with a battle with Wiess vs Goddesses in some kind of pokemon-ish like battle

Goddess
level 1 = awareness
level 2 = Can switch with body with host
level 3 = Halo
level 4 = Wings

*plays pokemon encounter music*

A wild level 4 Wiess has appeared

Keima sends out Vulcan

Vulcan used Psychic

It was super effective.... :P lmao...
Old 2011-03-31, 04:35   Link #3709
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^ lvl 5 lingerie
lvl 6 naked in an apron
lvl 7 sexy time
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 05:18   Link #3710
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:

Sunday : Hakua

I doubt Hakua can keep him busy for a sunday. He'll probably play his galges on sunday to recharge from the week of pleasing the goddesses.
Well that's assuming if Keima can survive a whole week with a set up like that.
Old 2011-03-31, 05:45   Link #3711
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
I doubt Hakua can keep him busy for a sunday. He'll probably play his galges on sunday to recharge from the week of pleasing the goddesses.
Well that's assuming if Keima can survive a whole week with a set up like that.
I don't think he will have a choice or say on how to spend his time if he captures all the goddesses.

Old 2011-03-31, 06:15   Link #3712
kniteowl

Gonna Catch Them All!!! POKEMON !!! Goddesses

Funny there are six goddesses to capture, that exactly the number of pokemon in a team lol.

Someone should draw Keima as Ash and Tenri as Pikachu, it would be so LOLz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart
I don't think he will have a choice or say on how to spend his time if he captures all the goddesses.
I can see Keima getting Elsea to create more and more elaborate Keima clones to distract the goddesses while Keima escapes and into his batcave secret hideout where he plays his games lol.
Old 2011-03-31, 06:44   Link #3713
AlaAlba

Quote:

Sunday : LC

fixed that for you. cause no LC would be a disaster for me, mainly
I wonder how many months have past since LC last appeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
I can see Keima getting Elsea to create more and more elaborate Keima clones to distract the goddesses while Keima escapes and into his batcave secret hideout where he plays his games lol.
ah those balloon-like Keima clones, really miss those ones
the safest place of all would be.... lol can't think one. maybe the tunnel where the weiss got escaped? no one except Tenri knows the place. and school time would be the safest time for him.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 07:00   Link #3714
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
fixed that for you. cause no LC would be a disaster for me, mainly
I wonder how many months have past since LC last appeared

ah those balloon-like Keima clones, really miss those ones
the safest place of all would be.... lol can't think one. maybe the tunnel where the weiss got escaped? no one except Tenri knows the place. and school time would be the safest time for him.
I've always wondered, does Elsee see Keima as merely a partner or something more. I realized that in that the amusement park something sparked but in the end things just went back to start. With that being said should we expect Elsee crawling into his bed in the future?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 07:03   Link #3715
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I've always wondered, does Elsee see Keima as merely a partner or something more. I realized that in that the amusement park something sparked but in the end things just went back to start. With that being said should we expect Elsee crawling into his bed in the future?
Wait. So we get to see a Yosuga no Sora parody?

Given the fact that Elsie sat on his lap in the Ferris wheel, I wondered if it had turned his happy crescent into a fire truck.....

Old 2011-03-31, 07:23   Link #3716
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Im calling it right now, Elsie will be the last capture of Keima once she gets possessed by a weiss
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 07:33   Link #3717
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Wait. So we get to see a Yosuga no Sora parody?

Given the fact that Elsie sat on his lap in the Ferris wheel, I wondered if it had turned his happy crescent into a fire truck.....
From what we can assume he didn't have the slightest reaction when this happened...
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_wo...3/c121/17.html
Their genitals were literally rubbing against each other and still nothing.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 08:13   Link #3718
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
From what we can assume he didn't have the slightest reaction when this happened...
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_wo...3/c121/17.html
Their genitals were literally rubbing against each other and still nothing.
that's Haqua. maybe Keima's reaction will be different if it were LC. because LC is not that "pencil" like Haqua.

well, LC maybe have a feeling for Keima a little bit, she's the one who knows almost everything about Keima since she spends the time with him the longest. like on episode 12
She doesn't think bad about Keima I think.

instead Haqua only found out it recently about the otaku side of Keima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Im calling it right now, Elsie will be the last capture of Keima once she gets possessed by a weiss
Tamiki have used that plot when Haqua possesed by one, it'll be kind of boring to see it again. beisdes LC is too stupicough cough, pure to be possesed by one. She's not the kind to have a hole in her heart
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 09:58   Link #3719
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Tamiki have used that plot when Haqua possesed by one, it'll be kind of boring to see it again. beisdes LC is too stupicough cough, pure to be possesed by one. She's not the kind to have a hole in her heart
I wonder if the Weiss can control her through the holes in her brain......*dodges bricks thrown by Vanish*

Old 2011-03-31, 10:44   Link #3720
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart
Keima isn't affected by the real... most of the time, if you want a noticable reaction from Keima, you have to be aggressive like Yui or Akari or else he'll ignore you.

I'm personally rooting for a Keima/Akari ending although it one of the most least likely.

I can't wait for Akari to return just to piss off every other girl involved with Keima... Yui will probably be the exception as she probably would care as much lol.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen