AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 8.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 16.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 8.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 5.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-18, 06:25   Link #141
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
And here, for the last 2 weeks or so, people are complaining/worrying about the series going downhill, or not delivering like they expect it to, just because of these 2 "intermission" episodes.....

*sigh*
I hope you're not suggesting that anime only viewers are not allowed to complain about the last 2 episodes, just because the original serialisation was "unexpectedly extended". It's not like the original author couldn't have planned a bit more... or the animators couldn't have gone back to him and said "well, how would you do things now?" The animators have also shown a willingness to make major changes... (eg adding eps 1-2)
Old 2012-08-18, 09:08   Link #142
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Intermission. Episode. Filler. Suggestive.
Intention. Political. Subplot. Anime. Non-Presence.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-08-18, 09:09   Link #143
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I kept saying that the more interesting arcs are after this. But this fell in deaf ears.
While true, "there are more interesting episodes ahead" doesn't make these episodes, their cliché plot, poor execution and awkward placement better.

That's my main problem with these two episodes, really. That they're just... well, bad. From every angle. Character development is forced and the initial step is just... missing. The plot is a cliché better at home in high-school settings and riddled with holes. Their placement is awkward ("humanity is facing extinction at the hands of aliens to the point where even children fight, so let's go to the beach!") and the fanservice... is really not that different from what we're getting every episode, what with the skin-tight uniforms and all.

So really, these two episodes have no redeeming quality whatsoever.
Old 2012-08-18, 10:09   Link #144
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
While true, "there are more interesting episodes ahead" doesn't make these episodes, their cliché plot, poor execution and awkward placement better.
Hopefully it will be the last time...
Old 2012-08-18, 10:34   Link #145
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
What I mean is that we sooner we got over this part, the sooner we get to the more interesting parts. If people shouting "FUCKING DROPPED" at those episodes did drop it, fine (which happened in both french and english speaking anime fan sphere iirc). But on the other hand, it's something to note that for a beach & stranded island arc, they managed to keep the "raunchy otaku fanservice" at a tame level. Maybe in the next weeks, we will look back at those episodes and laugh about them.
Old 2012-08-18, 12:46   Link #146
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I hope you're not suggesting that anime only viewers are not allowed to complain about the last 2 episodes, just because the original serialisation was "unexpectedly extended". It's not like the original author couldn't have planned a bit more... or the animators couldn't have gone back to him and said "well, how would you do things now?" The animators have also shown a willingness to make major changes... (eg adding eps 1-2)
I'm not suggesting that people shouldn't be entitled to their own opinion, but that it almost looks like people are jumping the gun because of a little what...."fanservice"? Of course, that's not the only thing that people were pointing out as faults of the episodes but I won't go into anymore detail than that. There is obviously more to come so I would wait and see more episodes first before criticizing the series as a whole, which is what I see a lot of on other websites as well. We're only about a quarter way through the 2-cour show aren't we?
Old 2012-08-19, 21:22   Link #147
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

people are complaining about this? all in all, these were two of the better character development episodes i can remember from the past few years. and they managed to throw fanservice in there too. if people are judging this solely because its fanservicy, you're doing it wrong and should appreciate it as a great leap in development for 3 characters.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-08-20, 12:31   Link #148
maximilianjenus
[E]

considering what was the altenative (lol) to getting those two episodes we got the better end of the deal, sicne ti was:
A) no show aired during those weeks
B) crappy recap episodes
Closed Thread